IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, but we must also consider that LE might use the wrong pronoun purposefully/strategically.

Sure, but I don't think that happened in this case. It really looked like he remembered he wasn't supposed to say "she" and quickly corrected himself. moo

Tone down the snark in this thread or timeouts will be coming up.

:wave:

I've been thinking that the DNA they're using for comparisons might be from cigarette butts, chewed gum, and things like that. Matching someone's DNA to one or more of the samples they have could show they had been there at some time, but not necessarily on that day. It may be why several people haven't been cleared (they say nobody has been) if they have alibis. In DN's case, having a match would prove that he had been there at some time (which he denies), but not finding a match doesn't prove that he's never been there.

I hope that makes sense to someone other than just me. MOO

This makes complete sense to me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone else feel like we're playing telephone here?

So much quoting and misquoting and memories getting hazy.

JHMO, I think LE hopes they have the killers DNA. The have DNA but they aren't sure it belongs to BG, so it can not rule anyone out.

RL was arrested in March and sentenced early April - It looks like the witness came forward in June.
Possibly he overcame his fear while in jail. But there are at least two other witnesses according to LE statements, they cite a man as a witness, and at another time that there were "several" witnesses.

From your link:
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police. Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed.

I muse RL was the eyewitness...and everything that happened to him, including the 11 hour search of his property, was a result of that. LE said he stopped cooperating at some point. He always seemed quite scared/nervous to me in interviews. Rightfully so, especially if he had face to face contact, replete with threats? Just musing....

From your link:
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police. Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed.

I muse RL was the eyewitness...and everything that happened to him, including the 11 hour search of his property, was a result of that. LE said he stopped cooperating at some point. He always seemed quite scared/nervous to me in interviews. Rightfully so, especially if he had face to face contact, replete with threats? Just musing....

That makes sense. He may not have even told them if he wasn't forced to give his alibi, knowing that it would get him into trouble for driving while suspended.

ETA, except I have just remembered that he told them he back home at around 6pm, so I don't know now.

From your link:

Yes - he may have seen the killer. Thankfully witnesses did start coming forward, it looks like BG scared them, and with good reason.

Infer all you want, Police did NOT say they had the killer’s DNA. They said they had collected DNA but absolutely nothing was said in the context of the article you linked. To whom did this journalist talk to? He doesn't even identify a source for this information. There seems to be only one word quoted that may actually come directly from LE... "close". Irresponsible journalism IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think the complexity of testing every leaf from the crime scene led to a delay in identifying the killers DNA. This statement from LE seems confident. But it looks like the DNA from the scene is not in the system. -- No felony convictions and being too old for the 2002 initiated mandatory military DNA identification swabs would make that possible.

http://wlfi.web.franklyinc.com/stor...d-give-them-answers-on-daniel-nations-in-days

That makes sense. He may not have even told them if he wasn't forced to give his alibi, knowing that it would get him into trouble for driving while suspended.

ETA, except I have just remembered that he told them he back home at around 6pm, so I don't know now.

IMO He could have seen DN earlier when on way to Lafayette, as BG was apparently just standing around on the trail looking like he was waiting for someone. He may have waited elsewhere for a while too.

From your link:

There was much speculation early on as to his involvement and as a potential witness of something...but, wasn't the extensive property search done because the girls' bodies were found on his property? IMO.

IMO He could have seen DN earlier when on way to Lafayette, as BG was apparently just standing around on the trail looking like he was waiting for someone. He may have waited elsewhere for a while too.

Lots of maybe’s for sure...including, maybe RL never went to Lafayette. We shall see...one day...I hope.

I think it came from SM. There was no reference as such from LE or in MSM. (That I recall)

https://www.wthr.com/article/police...of-man-behind-them-in-audio-played-for-family

Becky and Mike listened to two minutes of the audio from Libby’s phone. Anna also listened to it separately and at another time. The answers you are looking for came from transcripts from Becky of what was said on the audio including girl talk and that creepy guy and other things. It was on SM and I haven’t been able to find it. Or confirm if it is true. I believe it is IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did he mean by what girls talk about? That just seems again so open for perspective. If a strange man was following me and my friend (as a child) we girls would be talking about that. That would be normal for us to be talking about.

Boys, nail polish, clothes, hair. BG was not on the scene yet AFAIK.

There was much speculation early on as to his involvement and as a potential witness of something...but, wasn't the extensive property search done because the girls' bodies were found on his property? IMO.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/03...ere-the-bodies-of-2-indiana-teens-were-found/

“This is not the first time we’re dealing with Logan,” said Sgt. John Perrine, Indiana State Police PIO. “We’ve spoken to him throughout the investigation. We investigate these things as new information comes forward and that information leads us to further the investigation.”

Logan is already in police custody on a parole violation. Sources told CBS 2 he was arrested for drunk driving.
Sgt. Perrine said he does not know if Logan had a personal relationship with the girls or their families.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker asked Sgt. Perrine if he had any idea of what investigators are looking for.
“Any evidence, anything that a he’s connected to this crime or B he’s 100 percent not connected,” Sgt. Perrine said.

Right, but the question was how to return to the pick up point. Is there another way they could have done that?

I believe someone commented it would be possible, but the fastest way would be back over the bridge.

I have never posted that DN was a suspect in this case. Apparently you have time to reply, so before you scold me about getting my facts straight, you should take that advice. Go find the post where I stated something as fact that was wrong. I'll wait.

DN has been neither included or excluded as a suspect per LE. Snark not necessary.

Here you go, in your own words. TYVM

Sent from my iPhone

ETA: Nobody is a “suspect” but there are quite a few POIs. If you are worried about rumors being started, please choose your words carefully. IMO

Oh my gosh I was thinking the exact same thing reading the last few pages -- it really is akin to playing telephone. I really don't think anyone has bad intentions, it's just how it goes, especially as more time goes by.

Yes, and IMO it’s getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members