IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's become a fact that the unverified letter on YouTube was written by DN and you believe that over an ISP statement?

How could they have his DNA if they haven't charged him yet? He was already a convicted felon in Indiana are would've been required to provide a sample. I recall this being pointed out here by others numerous times. The new legislation allows DNA to be taken from those who are arrested, PRIOR to a conviction taking place iirc.
It is up to us how much weight we give the letter. I do believe what he says about his attorney yes. What felony was he convicted of in Indiana that required him to provide his DNA? I agree regarding the new legislation but, that is not yet in effect, nor has he yet been arrested in Indiana for them to take his DNA. So his attorney correctly denied them the DNA. How could they have possibly legally obtained it therefore?

Seriously? I’m not going to waste my time going back to your post about DN being a suspect, but you clearly said it. Please, get your facts straight before posting, this is how rumors get started. TY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never posted that DN was a suspect in this case. Apparently you have time to reply, so before you scold me about getting my facts straight, you should take that advice. Go find the post where I stated something as fact that was wrong. I'll wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is up to us how much weight we give the letter. I do believe what he says about his attorney yes. What felony was he convicted of in Indiana that required him to provide his DNA? I agree regarding the new legislation but, that is not yet in effect, nor has he yet been arrested in Indiana for them to take his DNA. So his attorney correctly denied them the DNA. How could they have possibly legally obtained it therefore?

Indiana LE said they got his DNA. Are we to believe DN instead of LE?

moo

People choose to believe LE when it suits their opinion. Also DN is a liar and a despicable human being but hey we believe him sometimes, other times he is a liar and not to be trusted. The same with KN and how some people take all her words has gospel and sometimes she is a liar and should be arrested as well and not to be trusted. I don't know :thinking:.

Excellent points!

I'm linking a Dailymail article that was printed just days after the murders for the benefit of people who recently joined the case. And yes, the Dailymail isn't always reliable although this interview with the other grandfather iirc is the only time he's spoken. The contents of it were thoroughly discussed in the past but It still offers some interesting insight imo. This grandfather lives in Flora, very nearby and the same town where the four girls lost their lives in a fire Nov/16, another unsolved case in Carroll County.

EXCLUSIVE: 'I know my strong-willed girl fought for her life.' Grandfather of one of murdered Indiana teens tells of family's devastation as police say 'we're back to square one'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html#ixzz51kqA6AvK

moo
LE has repeatedly said they’ve obtained what is likely the killer’s DNA at the crime scene. Had they matched it to a POI, that person no doubt would be arrested (unless that person has an innocent explanation for their DNA being left at the crime scene). The possibility exists (presumably) that the unidentified DNA at the crime scene belongs to someone with no connection to the murders; one of the victims, for example, might have picked it up by accident somewhere. But, based on their statements, LE seems to be pretty sure it belongs to the killer. Nobody has been ruled out through DNA, therefore, because, even though there is no match, the DNA could still belong to someone other than the killer. So, LE has to leave themselves some wiggle room. Still, not being “ruled in” through DNA is significant, even if it cannot be definitive.

From: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

He said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene. "We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."

Colorado allows DNA to be taken after a felony arrest.
A felon having access to a firearm is a felony charge, one charge among the many he was arrested for in CO. That allowed his DNA to be taken without any other justification.

LE has repeatedly said they’ve obtained what is likely the killer’s DNA at the crime scene. Had they matched it to a POI, that person no doubt would be arrested (unless that person has an innocent explanation for their DNA being left at the crime scene). The possibility exists (presumably) that the unidentified DNA at the crime scene belongs to someone with no connection to the murders; one of the victims, for example, might have picked it up by accident somewhere. But, based on their statements, LE seems to be pretty sure it belongs to the killer. Nobody has been ruled out through DNA, therefore, because, even though there is no match, the DNA could still belong to someone other than the killer. So, LE has to leave themselves some wiggle room. Still, not being “ruled in” through DNA is significant, even if it cannot be definitive.

From: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

He said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene. "We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."
Wrong. LE has NEVER stated they have obtained what is likely the killers DNA. They have only stated they obtained DNA from the crime scene.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

moo
Personally I dont believe indiana has his dna because he has not been convicted of a felony in indiana. He has not been arrested by indiana so again I cannot see legally how they could have it, as it is not even law until 1 january anyway. DN says his attorney saw LE and didn't tell him so he never gave his DNA.
I'm not telling anyone what to believe. You can come to your own conclusions, obviously. I do not believe LE when they say they have it for the reasons I've provided. That's my opinion. They may have taken it without his knowledge ( eg by getting Co to get a swab ) but I cannot see that being legal either.
:moo:
Do I believe LE - not always.

Personally I dont believe indiana has his dna because he has not been convicted of a felony in indiana. He has not been arrested by indiana so again I cannot see legally how they could have it, as it is not even law until 1 january anyway. DN says his attorney saw LE and didn't tell him so he never gave his DNA.
I'm not telling anyone what to believe. You can come to your own conclusions, obviously. I do not believe LE when they say they have it for the reasons I've provided. That's my opinion. They may have taken it without his knowledge ( eg by getting Co to get a swab ) but I cannot see that being legal either.

K. So DN is believable but LE isn't. Got it. Obviously I disagree.

moo

Do I believe LE - not always.

Colorado takes DNA from felony arrests. Maybe DN could refuse to see the ISP, but unless there was a foul up, he would have had his DNA taken in accordance with CO arrests procedure.
https://www.vaildaily.com/news/new-colorado-law-requires-dna-tests-in-felony-arrests/

In an earlier post there was mention of a sibling who frequented that bridge area and stated those people were referred to as 'bobs' = beneath the bridge. Drug addicts.

On Dr Phil show, BP said the girls asked for permission to go to "the bridge", which was given only if they could arrange rides. So Libby's sister dropped them off and her dad picked them up. If Abby knew she wasn't supposed to go to the bridge it's interesting she'd why she'd have her photo taken walking on it.

I wonder about the phrase "she's so grounded" - it could also mean she has no fear of heights?

Firstly, it was a Snap Chat pic that was posted by Libby that someone copied and re-posted. Snap Chat pics 'disappear' but the original poster knows when someone copies and re-posts their pics. And, correction - locals call it High Bridge. Could that explain what you are asking as to why her mom said "she's so grounded."?

BTW, RL's modification hearing is set for Jan 9th. Personally I hope he prevails and is moved to Community Corrections.

moo

Colorado allows DNA to be taken after a felony arrest.
A felon having access to a firearm is a felony charge, one charge among the many he was arrested for in CO. That allowed his DNA to be taken without any other justification.
Yes I agree Co have his DNA if they can take it upon a felony arrest.

As DN's your #1 theory, wouldn't it be prudent to follow information posted here relating to him? I recall that DN is a convicted felon who was required to provide DNA because it's been mentioned here numerous times, even though I mostly skim past DN posts.

If you choose to believe LE is not truthful and DN is, I think nothing will change your mind.

In an earlier post there was mention of a sibling who frequented that bridge area and stated those people were referred to as 'bobs' = beneath the bridge. Drug addicts.

Hi, Sleuthin’!

She actually referred to the area under the bridge as “bob”, not the people there. Allegedly “bob” stands for “bottom of bridge”.

I just checked the urban dictionary for “bob” and made it through a dozen or so pages that I can’t unsee, but could not find a reference to “bob” meaning “bottom of bridge”, so maybe it’s a local term.

I did find multiple definitions of “bob” meaning weed/pot. Maybe that ties in somehow...

You are so right...beneath, not bottom! Super sorry and thank you for your correction.

People choose to believe LE when it suits their opinion. Also DN is a liar and a despicable human being but hey we believe him sometimes, other times he is a liar and not to be trusted. The same with KN and how some people take all her words has gospel and sometimes she is a liar and should be arrested as well and not to be trusted. I don't know :thinking:.

Absolutely correct. IMO it may be because we have so very little to go on. This is the most frustrating case to me because I can't dot all the i's and cross all the t's! At times someone will post something that just niggles at me about DN at that particular point in time! Truly makes me waffle because I am unsure/not convinced at times and at others I am totally convicted! Cray cray.

Wrong. LE has NEVER stated they have obtained what is likely the killers DNA. They have only stated they obtained DNA from the crime scene.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

More from Sept 29th
"Despite news reports Thursday that Nations could be confirmed or ruled out as a suspect in the Delphi homicides within two days, Riley said he is anticipating answers next week."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

I agree, LE have never said they have DNA that they've identified to be from the killer. Only that DNA has been collected from the crime scene.

There's no good reason for DNs DNA to be at or anywhere near the crime scene.

My opinion only but the "two days" refers to the time period for fast-tracking DNA (referred to in another link). If DN's DNA was matched at the crime scene, he would've been charged by now. Because he wasn't he remains a POI to account for his possible involvement but leaving no DNA that was recovered or a result found to be inconclusive, much like the hundred or so other POIs

I'm linking a Dailymail article that was printed just days after the murders for the benefit of people who recently joined the case. And yes, the Dailymail isn't always reliable although this interview with the other grandfather iirc is the only time he's spoken. The contents of it were thoroughly discussed in the past but It still offers some interesting insight imo. This grandfather lives in Flora, very nearby and the same town where the four girls lost their lives in a fire Nov/16, another unsolved case in Carroll County.

EXCLUSIVE: 'I know my strong-willed girl fought for her life.' Grandfather of one of murdered Indiana teens tells of family's devastation as police say 'we're back to square one'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html#ixzz51kqA6AvK

From the link:
[FONT=&quot]He added: 'Beautiful girl, I'm going to miss her. She's supposed to come to my funeral not me go to hers.'

OMG I need some kleenex...[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member