IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify. LE showed no interest in DN as a possible murder suspect until after they received a tip after DN’s arrest in CO. In the first three months after the murders, they knew where to find DN. Not once did they interview him about the murders. So, I stand by what I said. LE showed no interest in DN as a possible murder suspect. Later, they showed interest in him, in the course of doing routine follow-up, because he hadn’t been checking in. Still, they showed no sense of urgency in tracking him down. No APB on him, on KN, on the car they were associated with. So, I think it’s reasonable to assume they were only looking for him as a matter of routine, not because they were zeroing-in on him as a possible murder suspect.
He was one of 100's they were following up on . Not sure of total number of RSOs in Indiana but they were checking all RSO's so a big job.
And I would guess they started with CaCo then moved outwards. Morgan county must be several counties from CaCo so maybe they didn't get to it till May 1st.

DN could certainly have been a POI early on. We don't know whether he was or not. Your tone comes across as very condescending and belittling. If you don't like what someone has posted, simply don't read it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I clarified what I meant, in case you missed it. Had he been on their radar in the first three months, they would have contacted him about the murders. They knew where they could find him. But they did not contact him. Had he been on their radar later on for the murders, they would have shown a sense of urgency in tracking him down. But they did not. Their actions were routine. So, I stand by what I said. It makes no sense that they would use his mugshot as a basis for the sketch. He was not on their radar, based on everything we know.

Don't forget he was one of 100's they were following up on . Not sure of total number of RSOs in Indiana but they were checking all RSO's so a big job.

True. I’d imagine they’d filter out many of them based on age, appearance, and other factors.

It fascinates me, in a sad way, how some people will not change their minds, even when presented with sound arguments and hard facts. Take the Amanda Blackburn murder. Some people still insist the husband, a pastor, was involved. Doesn’t matter that three people were arrested for the murder, one of whom has agreed to testify against the others, and none of whom had any association with the husband or implicated him in any way. Doesn’t matter that the murderers committed the offense during the commission of a burglary, minutes after they were caught on video inside a neighbor’s home they were also burgling. Doesn’t matter that LE has cleared the husband of any involvement. Doesn’t matter that the husband is 100% a victim. Still, some people on WS, evidence be damned, insist the husband was involved.

Blame pastor's behavior. :)

On this, I agree. For one, they could have issued a warrant.

Two, KN was traceable on social media.

If they wanted him earlier, they could have easily obtained him.

I clarified what I meant, in case you missed it. Had he been on their radar in the first three months, they would have contacted him about the murders. They knew where they could find him. But they did not contact him. Had he been on their radar later on for the murders, they would have shown a sense of urgency in tracking him down. But they did not. Their actions were routine. So, I stand by what I said. It makes no sense that they would use his mugshot as a basis for the sketch. He was not on their radar, based on everything we know.

Can we have an agreement at least on which mug is the closest in time to the murder?

On this, I agree. For one, they could have issued a warrant.

Two, KN was traceable on social media.

If they wanted him earlier, they could have easily obtained him.

1. Do they need to know where someone is before they issue a warrant ( like they did once they knew he was in Co)

2. Would n't they have to do the same
for all the non compliants resembling BG?

3. What do they normally do with non compliants?

4. If DN is charged with TW's murder, and A & L's murders, this could become a big issue.

I dont know. He may just have had that mug done for his SO registration.

If that happened (RSO in Florida only because of SC conviction) I don't think they'd take his DNA in Florida.

IANAL, but best I can tell fingerprints and palm prints are required, but not DNA.

Also, re your earlier question, Florida does have a DNA database but I'm guessing fingerprint comparison is quicker and cheaper than DNA.

moo

it seems to me that DN could have come to the attention of LE AFTER the witness sketch was done. They stated that the witness did not come forward for a few months. Could someone within LE have recognized the resemblance in the sketch, which then initiated the effort to contact DN? MOO
We know that El Paso found similarities between the death of TW and the Delphi murders. We know the FBI looked at DN in Colorado first. There was something about him that generated enough interest by the FBI to have the Indiana State Police travel half way across the country to follow up. After ISP returned to Indiana, 2 warrants were issued for DN in Indiana. The Teller County Prosecutor told the judge that DN was being investigated in other states. It seems like too many coincidences. MOO

1. No. A body isn't needed for a warrant: as you can see in his jail bookings now, he has holds for his warrants. There are extraditable and non-extraditable offenses. He has both at this point.

2. Would they have to, no? Should they have? Probably.

3. This would work like probation. The SO Officer would ask why the person became non compliant. Some of them disappear, as we see with DN. They have discretion and can issue a warrant or not issue a warrant. See above: SHOULD have....as in the reason why Johnson County finally issued their warrant on 9/26.

4. IF that happened (IF), I am sure it becomes federal (state lines, national parks). There wouldn't be a jurisdiction issue.

1. Do they need to know where someone is before they issue a warrant ( like they did once they knew he was in Co)

2. Would n't they have to do the same
for all the non compliants resembling BG?

3. What do they normally do with non compliants?

4. If DN is charged with TW's murder, and A & L's murders, this could become a big issue.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/amp/
Reports mugshot with short facial hair for Feb 24

http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/amp/
SAME

SAME (yellow shirt pic is in there, but I don't know what the date is)

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/amp/
Same

No snark intended, but I'm leaning towards the idea that the Indy Channel got it wrong instead. No other outlet lists the beard pic as the Feb 24 mug.

There are several beard pics I can date to 2016, with the yellow shirt pic being the only undated one.

Your first three articles are all the same one. I don't know if this is the case here but MSM often takes info from one of their affiliates and repeats it. Just to be clear, are you referring to that group of 5 mugshot pics?

From my link, we have 3 from Johnson County jail,1 from FBI/Johnson County SO Registry, 1 from Teller Co, 1 from S. Carolina, 1 from Bartholomew County Jail, 2 from Morgan County Jail and 1 from FBI/Florida SOR

So we have at least 3 pics attributed to the Morgan County jail. If your choice is the true one, where do the other 2 belong?

I've hunted until I'm blue in the face and I can't find the origin of the group of 5 mugshots. The one featuring him mostly beardless gives Morgan County Sheriff's Office, #169423; I can't pull anything up using that as a search, either.

YES i am confused. I'll try to sort them all out today if it's possible.

Your first three articles are all the same one. I don't know if this is the case here but MSM often takes info from one of their affiliates and repeats it. Just to be clear, are you referring to that group of 5 mugshot pics?

From my link, we have 3 from Johnson County jail,1 from FBI/Johnson County SO Registry, 1 from Teller Co, 1 from S. Carolina, 1 from Bartholomew County Jail, 2 from Morgan County Jail and 1 from FBI/Florida SOR

So we have at least 3 pics attributed to the Morgan County jail. If your choice is the true one, where do the other 2 belong?

I've hunted until I'm blue in the face and I can't find the origin of the group of 5 mugshots. The one featuring him mostly beardless gives Morgan County Sheriff's Office, #169423; I can't pull anything up using that as a search, either.

I don't have a link for this, but it is my gut feeling that DN and BG are one and the same…JMO, of course.

I don't have a link for this, but it is my gut feeling that DN and BG are one and the same…JMO, of course.

I don't have a link for this, but it is my gut feeling that DN and BG are NOT one and the same…JMO, of course.​

I would imagine that the witness who described BG for the sketch would have been asked about DNs photo, wouldn't they?

IMO, it makes no sense whatsoever that LE would use DN's mugshot as a basis for the sketch. That notion is just absurd.

I would imagine that the witness who described BG for the sketch would have been asked about DNs photo, wouldn't they?

Yes. If LE considered DN to be a serious contender, witnesses would have engaged in a photo lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24