IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the first things in the investigation they did was check CaCo RSO's. They would be pretty stupid not to check other counties too.

LE must have checked what they could.
When I reviewed the Indiana SO database it appeared that a third of Indiana's RSOs are noncompliant. That is pretty challenging. Hopefully they filtered for age, height sex and race first and got a short list going.

Whoa, I've looked at that particular mugshot several times and never caught that remark that positive ID cannot be established unless a fingerprint comparison is made. I've never seen anyone comment on it either till Shire. Could that remark possibly be newly added to his mugshot? Very puzzling, seems like it could be very significant.

A great catch Shiresleuth.
What does it mean? I can't find an explanation for marking a profile like that.

One of the first things in the investigation they did was check CaCo RSO's. They would be pretty stupid not to check other counties too.
If they did, they showed no interest in DN. His whereabouts were known for three months after the murders. He didn’t flee. When they did check up on him months later, they showed no sign of urgency whatsoever. None. It was all routine. No evidence suggests that they were tracking him down as a potential murder suspect. I infer from DN’s conduct in the months after the murders that he was not trying to elude LE. I infer from LE’s lack of interest in DN until the tip after the CO arrest that they had no interest in him.

We can't talk about RL (which I wouldn't because I never thouht he looked like BG). Some here don't want to talk about DN as a POI. These are the only two people of interest that the public knows about. Everything we know has been talked about ad nauseam, so what do we talk about now? There's not much to talk about without getting on people's nerves because they don't want to hear this or that. Maybe the Mods or Tricia should just shut this thread down until there is a break in the case. JMHO.

DN wasn’t even on LE’s radar in IN, since they hadn’t even checked him out until after his arrest in CO. So, in addition to the absurdity of the idea, it makes no sense that they used his mugshot to create a sketch. It amazes me what passes for rational discussion in this thread.

They were doing their jobs, following up on an RSO who hadn’t checked in. It’s what they do. There is no evidence to suggest anything else.

This is true and supported by LE statements. It was not until they received a tip after the arrest in CO that they showed special interest in DN. Based on what LE said, they had not been looking for DN in connection with the murders. He was apparently not one of the 500 people they’d interviewed before. His was also apparently not one of the 1000+ photos they’d received.

When I reviewed the Indiana SO database it appeared that a third of Indiana's RSOs are noncompliant. That is pretty challenging. Hopefully they filtered for age, height sex and race first and got a short list going.
@sum zero. In the first post above you say LE didnt check DN out before the Co arrest. In the second one you say LE are doing their job following up on RSO's who don't check in. Both cannot be right. In the third post you say they weren't interested in DN until after the Co arrest. I don't understand how you can possibly know that. They couldnt interview him or issue a warrant because they didn't know where he was.
@ Boxer. I agree a high percentage are non compliant and I would say what you have suggested would be a no brainer for LE.

Just bumping my question again in case anyone knows what the comment about fingerprints means? I know the possibility was discussed about BG being a non secretor (if that is the correct term) which is why I am asking.

I believe that is standard on Florida flyers. I checked a dozen in my area and they all say the same thing. moo

Thanks Jax! I went to the home page of the flyer and looked at some others and they all said the same thing about fingerprint comparison.

Yes, I went out on a limb when I stated that he is an addict, but I think it is a pretty sturdy limb. I look at the photos of him and see that his appearance has degenerated quickly over a short period of time. The physical degeneration looks to me like a typical downward spiral of a meth head. Meth is prevalent in rural IN, apparently a huge issue for the local communities.

So, as stated, it is my opinion that he is an addict and that the drug of choice is meth. Just like when looks at a long-term alcoholic and sees the physical indicators such as the bulbous nose, the broken veins on the face, the paunchy stomach, the yellowing skin, the droopy eyes - there are signs of meth addiction as well. When one looks at a long-term smoker the signs are evident on the face and show up as wrinkles, yellow teeth and a dark mouth. I see meth on DN's latest released booking photo.

But, despite the evidence that I see, I should not assume. I should ignore what I see and wait until we have confirmation from a reputable source.

Your theory has credence. As someone who lives in an area ripe with meth, heroin, and pain pill addiction, you learn that there are certain "looks" that go along with each one. Nobody physically stumbles down the hill like someone on meth. Unlike heroin which, on the outside, resembles opioid addiction, meth attacks the appearance: sunken cheekbones, pale and blotchy skin, tooth decay, thinning hair, etc. It can also cause hygiene to fall by the wayside. If I were told that DN had a drug problem and I had to make an assessment based upon his mugshots, I would lean heavily towards meth. Once you've been around it, it's hard not to see it.

As far as why not arresting him for meth (or whatever) goes, you'd be surprised at what is overlooked in small towns with heavy drug problems. LE generally doesn't spend resources on addicts or the occasional pill popper unless a) they are driving or working under the influence (basically someone who might put other people's lives in danger) b) causing a public disruptance or c) are selling. They're after the big guns-the drug runners, the people operating neighborhood pharmacies from their homes. Sometimes known addicts are brought in on other charges, like assault or on a bench warrant. Drug charges are not added to their list because, at the time of their arrest, they didn't have any on them.

I'm probably wasting my time but if LE can't be trusted in what they say, then where is it expected the general public obtains information from?

".....As earlier stated, each and every tip is thoroughly investigated, as was this tip, which resulted in two ISP detectives traveling to El Paso County, Colorado to comprehensively evaluate the circumstances of this tip. While the Indiana State Police does not, as a matter of practice, provide investigative information about specific tips, an exception has been made in this instance the result of numerous media inquiries made about this particular tip. ..."
http://kokomoperspective.com/kp/new...cle_62c850e6-a85c-11e7-9b25-cf0582edd8dd.html
I appreciate the LE approach: not forming premature conclusions. They’ve interviewed 500 people, according to one news article. Not one has been cleared. And they’re still signaling by their recent statements, generating more publicity for this case, asking for more tips, etc., that they think the killer is still at large. Even the prosecutor, when he announced his early retirement, all but said the case was not close to being solved. He was still hoping LE would receive a tip that would generate a real lead. I understand wanting justice for the victims. But fixating on one person (when LE certainly is not) seems unwise.

Here is DNs 2/24/17 booking mugshot.
https://www.wthr.com/sites/wthr.com/files/DanielNationsMorganCo2-24-17.jpg

The one with a longer beard in a yellow shirt is from the same time in jail but looks like his exit mug.

From MSM article:
https://www.wthr.com/article/carroll-co-sheriff-investigating-possible-link-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

Thanks. Do you really think his beard grew that much from Feb 24 to Feb 28?

I think 13 WHR made a mistake. That link I gave showed 2 pics attributed to the Morgan County Sheriff. How many times was he arrested down there?

I'd feel a lot more confident about these photos if they had something official on them.

Age between 30 and 60. ;)

@sum zero. In the first post above you say LE didnt check DN out before the Co arrest. In the second one you say LE are doing their job following up on RSO's who don't check in. Both cannot be right. In the third post you say they weren't interested in DN until after the Co arrest. I don't understand how you can possibly know that. They couldnt interview him or issue a warrant because they didn't know where he was.
@ Boxer. I agree a high percentage are non compliant and I would say what you have suggested would be a no brainer for LE.
Let me clarify. LE showed no interest in DN as a possible murder suspect until after they received a tip after DN’s arrest in CO. In the first three months after the murders, they knew where to find DN. Not once did they interview him about the murders. So, I stand by what I said. LE showed no interest in DN as a possible murder suspect. Later, they showed interest in him, in the course of doing routine follow-up, because he hadn’t been checking in. Still, they showed no sense of urgency in tracking him down. No APB on him, on KN, on the car they were associated with. So, I think it’s reasonable to assume they were only looking for him as a matter of routine, not because they were zeroing-in on him as a possible murder suspect.

I think I remember this being discussed but can't remember what the consensus was: The 2 booking photos from Morgan County show him wearing a longish beard. IMO there is no way his beard could have grown that much from the time BG was seen on the day of the murders (sketch) until the time DN was booked into Morgan County jail on Feb 24.

Have any of the "DN looks like the sketch of BG" people come up with an explanation for the difference?

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...test-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders#id8
My explanation is it was done from several sources including possibly Parabon /the BG video/witnesses/mugshot (maybe picked out by the witneses)

Which was the DN mugshot prior to the February one?

It’s like talking to a wall and I will remove myself from perpetrating the CO case talk. I don’t want to continue the merry go round, it is no use when you have one sided conversations.

No offense intended, but if you post here trying to change the minds of other posters, you're almost always just wasting your time. I gave up long ago, and now I just put my own thoughts, ideas, and opinions here and let others take them or leave them. It's not that I think your perception is right or wrong, I just know it can be very frustrating trying to make everyone see things my way when I'm sure I'm right. In this case, I have no idea what I think, but whatever I do decide will come from official information and not the opinions of others. MOO

My explanation is it was done from several sources including possibly Parabon /the BG video/witnesses/mugshot (maybe picked out by the witneses)

Which was the DN mugshot prior to the February one?

There are none close to that one. The next prior is in Jan 2016
https://www.theindychannel.com/news...test-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders#id9

Another thing to consider: men who wear beards usually don't shave them in the Indiana winter. He was living under the bridges in Feb; IMO, he almost certainly had thick facial hair at that time.

I commend you on the creativity of your sketch theory. I'm going with LE's explanation.

It’s like talking to a wall and I will remove myself from perpetrating the CO case talk. I don’t want to continue the merry go round, it is no use when you have one sided conversations.
It fascinates me, in a sad way, how some people will not change their minds, even when presented with sound arguments and hard facts. Take the Amanda Blackburn murder. Some people still insist the husband, a pastor, was involved. Doesn’t matter that three people were arrested for the murder, one of whom has agreed to testify against the others, and none of whom had any association with the husband or implicated him in any way. Doesn’t matter that the murderers committed the offense during the commission of a burglary, minutes after they were caught on video inside a neighbor’s home they were also burgling. Doesn’t matter that LE has cleared the husband of any involvement. Doesn’t matter that the husband is 100% a victim. Still, some people on WS, evidence be damned, insist the husband was involved.

There are none close to that one. The next prior is in Jan 2016
https://www.theindychannel.com/news...test-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders#id9

Another thing to consider: men who wear beards usually don't shave them in the Indiana winter. He was living under the bridges in Feb; IMO, he almost certainly had thick facial hair at that time.

I commend you on the creativity of your sketch theory. I'm going with LE's explanation.

TY for your commendation. I hope you get more answers. Do LE think the sketch looks like DN as well?
:smile:

Beards can grow fast mind.

Eta. You asked the opinion of those people who think DN looks like the BG sketch. I do think that but also think DN looks like the BG pic as well and some thought he had a longer beard. One person even suggested the white thing could be something tied into his beard.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/amp/
Reports mugshot with short facial hair for Feb 24

http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/amp/
SAME

SAME (yellow shirt pic is in there, but I don't know what the date is)

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/amp/
Same

No snark intended, but I'm leaning towards the idea that the Indy Channel got it wrong instead. No other outlet lists the beard pic as the Feb 24 mug.

There are several beard pics I can date to 2016, with the yellow shirt pic being the only undated one.

Thanks. Do you really think his beard grew that much from Feb 24 to Feb 28?

I think 13 WHR made a mistake. That link I gave showed 2 pics attributed to the Morgan County Sheriff. How many times was he arrested down there?

I'd feel a lot more confident about these photos if they had something official on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl