IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it makes no sense whatsoever that LE would use DN's mugshot as a basis for the sketch. That notion is just absurd.

Not only is the idea absurd, but isn't it unethical, at the very least? That's saying that he IS BG, and therefore responsible for the murders, which is basically the same idea as convicting someone without a fair trial.

Ok so far WTHR in multiple articles
https://www.wthr.com/article/carrol...k-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

Fox59
http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/amp/

YourTango
https://www.yourtango.com/2017307095/details-rumors-daniel-nations-person-interest-delphi-murders
(Unknown yellow shirt daTe)

And this video in which several news outlets' mug shots are compiled and clarified:

http://youtu.be/Nb6PgzVOS8g
(Not MSM---but it shows clips of all MSM articles, mostly WTHR).

But basically my point is that no one ***other than*** The Indy Channel shows the beard pic as his February 24th mugshot.

I clarified what I meant, in case you missed it. Had he been on their radar in the first three months, they would have contacted him about the murders. They knew where they could find him. But they did not contact him. Had he been on their radar later on for the murders, they would have shown a sense of urgency in tracking him down. But they did not. Their actions were routine. So, I stand by what I said. It makes no sense that they would use his mugshot as a basis for the sketch. He was not on their radar, based on everything we know.

YES i am confused. I'll try to sort them all out today if it's possible.

Not only is the idea absurd, but isn't it unethical, at the very least? That's saying that he IS BG, and therefore responsible for the murders, which is basically the same idea as convicting someone without a fair trial.

Exactly, and why in the world would they need to put out a sketch of him if they knew it was him?

100% agree. He could have been under investigation for something else, but not A&L.

Could you imagine if that theory were true, and he killed another innocent person? And then it got out somehow that LE was toying with a bogus sketch based off a suspected murderer's mugshot? Especially when they could have just executed a warrant for failure to register back in July? Or tracked them with a warrant for phone data/pings? Or simply tracked KN down through her Facebook item sales posts in Denver? That would mean they ALLOWED him to roam needlessly, which means if he murdered Tim or traumatized any of those people he threatened, hurt anyone else including KN, then those things basically happened at the hands of LE...and I don't buy that we live in that kind of society. Not with all the other tools LE has at their disposal.

Exactly, and why in the world would they need to put out a sketch of him if they knew it was him?

To get people around him to call in tips and verify their suspisions, obviously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% agree. He could have been under investigation for something else, but not A&L.

Could you imagine if that theory were true, and he killed another innocent person? And then it got out somehow that LE was toying with a bogus sketch based off a suspected murderer's mugshot? Especially when they could have just executed a warrant for failure to register back in July? Or tracked them with a warrant for phone data/pings? Or simply tracked KN down through her Facebook item sales posts in Denver? That would mean they ALLOWED him to roam needlessly, which means if he murdered Tim or traumatized any of those people he threatened, hurt anyone else including KN, then those things basically happened at the hands of LE...and I don't buy that we live in that kind of society. Not with all the other tools LE has at their disposal.

Suspecting DN and having convincing evidence are two very different things. Serving a warrant early could tip their hand. Also, for all of LE's tools, they haven't gotten very far nailing down BG.

I guess anything is possible. But DN is not stupid, and he was basically absconded in 2 counties by that point (July). Failing to register would automatically yield a warrant. Four months went by before Johnson Co issued one of said warrants (an extraditable one). So...how is that tipping really?

Suppose he is guilty of murdering TW. For the sake of argument, they have him on multiple warrants. They could have done the same thing in Indiana.

Suspecting DN and having convincing evidence are two very different things. Serving a warrant early could tip their hand. Also, for all of LE's tools, they haven't gotten very far nailing down BG.

I would imagine that the witness who described BG for the sketch would have been asked about DNs photo, wouldn't they?
You would think so wouldn't you? They have a missing RSO who resembles BG who got out of Dodge as soon as he could get his wife and new born baby to travel. But it takes another murder before they act.

DN, give me an alibi and Im out of here, tell the police where you were on Feb 13. where were you that day? what were you doing? where did you eat? who did you see? who saw you? did you speak to anyone? were you working? why would your wife reach out to you on Facebook? did you have a phone? where is that phone now? where were you when your wife was in the Doctors office? did you drive a car that day? did you have access to a car? when you checked in as an RSO office and told them you were living under Bridges, which bridges were you speaking of?

where were you between 1 and 4 in the afternoon on Feb 13th? where were you?

did your wife come get your pathetic a$$ on Valentines Day out of some misguided sense of romance and drive you to your check in? where did you spend the night of Feb13th?

just give me something and I'll let it go.

IMO

I don't see it as unethical. They could have just put out his mug and said we're looking for this man for suspected murder . Perhaps they didn't want to alert him that they suspected him but we see it all the time where an actual photo is put out. That's not deemed unfair. If someone's gone on the run that's normal to do that- they need to be apprehended.
If LE really had no inkling about him by mid May, I would be very surprised.

I don't see it as unethical. They could have just put out his mug and said we're looking for this man for suspected murder . Perhaps they didn't want to alert him that they suspected him but we see it all the time where an actual photo is put out. That's not deemed unfair. If someone's gone on the run that's normal to do that- they need to be apprehended.
If LE really had no inkling about him by mid May, I would be very surprised.

I get what you are saying, and agree with the majority here, it would be unethical to put out a sketch based on a POI. I just can’t imagine it, but won’t rule it out. I’ve watched too much HBO! Still, that is pretty far fetched, and I wouldn’t have dreamed that up in a million years.

On the other hand, back to the case. There is nobody identified yet. No one arrested, anyway.

This case is so stymying, with all the evidence, and no identification of who was, at the time, a slightly short, slightly overweight man, with dark facial hair, who dressed like a native to the area, and didn’t appear particularly poor, or particularly rich, in the images.

Profiles are helpful, and it was mentioned in the early days, one had been developed by the FBI, but it has never been released.

You would think so wouldn't you? They have a missing RSO who resembles BG who got out of Dodge as soon as he could get his wife and new born baby to travel. But it takes another murder before they act.

With all due respect,we don't know that they didn't act. Or that they didn't show DN's mug shot to the witness. Perhaps they did as soon as the witness gave the sketch and they simply didn't pick DN out of the virtual lineup...

If someone's gone on the run that's normal to do that- they need to be apprehended.

I don't see the Colorado guy as having been on the run...He was apparently making his check-ins on time and his wife was keeping up with social media.

I don't see the Colorado guy as having been on the run...He was apparently making his check-ins on time and his wife was keeping up with social media.

I don’t think he kept up with his check-ins, all the way.

From what I have learned here, that does not distinguish him from a fairly high percentage if IN RSOs, though.

IMO he was at least on the run from his Batholomew County court appearance - exposing him self in the gas station to a woman and her daughter -Court date - FTA warrant out for that.

I don't believe they had more interest in DN in May than in any other RSO that fit the general description. But they were checking out RSO so they would have had some interest at some point. I wonder how connected those special investigators are with the sheriff deputies going about their daily job. I'm sure DN was not the only RSO or other criminal tipped to LE who bolted. But I don't understand why they didn't issue a warrant in July. Was Johnson county just lax? But the result would have been the same, the warrant wouldn't have found him until he did something. I wonder what the stats are for open warrants issued? A lot. And when they have no address to serve? They have many POI, certainly they aren't issuing warrants to track all their phones. But a RSO going off the system is a risk to publuc safety. Maybe they didn't consider him a POI in May and even when they found out he was gone it wasn't a red flag at least for the sheriff. Maybe quite common for people in that hotel, as soon as they drop out of the program the agency stops paying the rent and they are homeless again. Just thinking.

Sorry, but it is very apparent that many of you do not have the holiday spirit and are not being kind to fellow posters..

Let's take a break and maybe open up Abby and Libby's discussion after Christmas, shall we?

Happy Holidays.

Tricia

Ok, I have started a new thread for a new year.

Please continue on thread # 79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member