IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I went out on a limb when I stated that he is an addict, but I think it is a pretty sturdy limb. I look at the photos of him and see that his appearance has degenerated quickly over a short period of time. The physical degeneration looks to me like a typical downward spiral of a meth head. Meth is prevalent in rural IN, apparently a huge issue for the local communities.

So, as stated, it is my opinion that he is an addict and that the drug of choice is meth. Just like when looks at a long-term alcoholic and sees the physical indicators such as the bulbous nose, the broken veins on the face, the paunchy stomach, the yellowing skin, the droopy eyes - there are signs of meth addiction as well. When one looks at a long-term smoker the signs are evident on the face and show up as wrinkles, yellow teeth and a dark mouth. I see meth on DN's latest released booking photo.

But, despite the evidence that I see, I should not assume. I should ignore what I see and wait until we have confirmation from a reputable source.
TY for your thoughts. I think he looks gaunt and troubled in that booking photo but I really couldn't say what a meth or heroin addict looks like really.
We all speculate and make assumptions on here so that it can be discussed. I would not be surprised if he did have a drug problem.

DN wasn’t even on LE’s radar in IN, since they hadn’t even checked him out until after his arrest in CO. So, in addition to the absurdity of the idea, it makes no sense that they used his mugshot to create a sketch. It amazes me what passes for rational discussion in this thread.
You don't know that. They had been looking for him since he failed to register and then he missed a court date. That must have really rung alarm bells as they were checking RSO's so any who failed to register would alert them. They did not know where he had gone because he failed to register in Co as well. So why was he keeping himself under the radar by not complying? That was highly suspicious and is why LE hightailed it to Co IMO as soon as they knew it was him.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=80306

Looks like his registered indiana address was notified to Fl 20Sep2012. This also states he can only be identified by fingerprints so I guess that means no DNA in CODIS does anyone know?
Just bumping my question again in case anyone knows what the comment about fingerprints means? I know the possibility was discussed about BG being a non secretor (if that is the correct term) which is why I am asking.

(OT. I find the search feature on here to be very user UNfriendly. Can someone please point me in the direction of a Jeffrey MacDonald thread? TIA. [Tired of reading about DN here]).
I find if you type into Google "websleuths Jeffrey Macdonald" it should come up.

You don't know that. They had been looking for him since he failed to register and then he missed a court date. That must have really rung alarm bells as they were checking RSO's so any who failed to register would alert them. They did not know where he had gone because he failed to register in Co as well. So why was he keeping himself under the radar by not complying? That was highly suspicious and is why they hightailed it to Co IMO as soon as they knew it was him.
They were doing their jobs, following up on an RSO who hadn’t checked in. It’s what they do. There is no evidence to suggest anything else.

I was highly suspicious. Primarily because of the way LE and the media treated him and would never (and still haven't) publicly exonerate him. I've since resolved to not "read" into what is reported and solely rely on "facts", which there are not enough publicly known facts for me to come to ANY conclusion at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Eta - I still don't understand the heavy hand that was brought down on RL. I guess LE was just doing their job?
Just jumping off your post with a few thoughts.

As for RL: The fact that he lied to LE during a murder investigation that involved his property, then the subsequent searches of his home, truck, grain bin across from his property, is what brought him all the attention imo.

It’s important imo to keep an open mind and apply critical thinking. Did RL have a house guest, did he leave the keys in his truck and who would know that, were vagrants sleeping in the grain bin, etc.

The same critical thinking needs to be applied to DN as well imo To be certain he is BG or certain he is not BG is just a best guess. I agree that we do not have enough info to say. The info we do know is that he has a history of sexual deviant behavior and domestic violence towards his wife. We can’t put him in Delphi the day of the murders of the girls, nor can we put him anywhere else that day. Yes he obviously had a terrible early life but he is a sexual deviant, abuser. Would we want him lurking in parking lot, park, trail, living next door where we or our family members were?

Holidays are tough for many because we miss people who have passed on. Libby and Abby will be missed.

May 2018 bring justice for these girls and their loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't know that. They had been looking for him since he failed to register and then he missed a court date. That must have really rung alarm bells as they were checking RSO's so any who failed to register would alert them. They did not know where he had gone because he failed to register in Co as well. So why was he keeping himself under the radar by not complying? That was highly suspicious and is why they hightailed it to Co IMO as soon as they knew it was him.

The legal means to "look for one" is to issue a warrant for arrest for failure to comply. LE has stated countless times the reason they went to Co was to follow a lead, a matter of investigative routine.

I'm probably wasting my time but if LE can't be trusted in what they say, then where is it expected the general public obtains information from?

".....As earlier stated, each and every tip is thoroughly investigated, as was this tip, which resulted in two ISP detectives traveling to El Paso County, Colorado to comprehensively evaluate the circumstances of this tip. While the Indiana State Police does not, as a matter of practice, provide investigative information about specific tips, an exception has been made in this instance the result of numerous media inquiries made about this particular tip. ..."
http://kokomoperspective.com/kp/new...cle_62c850e6-a85c-11e7-9b25-cf0582edd8dd.html

The legal means to "look for one" is to issue a warrant for arrest for failure to comply. LE has stated countless times the reason they went to Co was to follow a lead, a matter of investigative routine.
This is true and supported by LE statements. It was not until they received a tip after the arrest in CO that they showed special interest in DN. Based on what LE said, they had not been looking for DN in connection with the murders. He was apparently not one of the 500 people they’d interviewed before. His was also apparently not one of the 1000+ photos they’d received.

If you think that, what explains why no warrant was immediately issued for failure to report?
I agree I find it odd that they kept going back looking for him but didn't bother to phone the hotel manager again until July. Then they found he had left early in May thereby wasting 2 months or more. And I wonder why they only issued the warrant after they knew his whereabouts, regardless of whether they thought he was a POI in this crime. Actually as I review his convoluted court records I am amazed at how little to no connection there seems to be between jurisdictions as well as how long the courts allow things to be strung out. I am sure his former landlords not to mention the woman he violated at Rickers, think the same thing in spades.
But I don't think it is impossible that during the investigation into these murders that one of the many investigators may have created a short list of RSO and gave their mugshots to witnesses to see if any of them could be identified. And I do think it's possible that one or more of those witnesses might have said, "Like him but shaggier" and a sketch was made. Or maybe not. I think we all found it very different that someone could see someone in passing, not knowing anything significant has occurred and from memory give a sketch artist enough information to come up with that 5 months later. I think sketches are usually made quickly. But it's all just speculation on my part. Someone just asked how it might be possible and I offered a possibility. It Is not a deeply entrenched belief of mine so I don't mind if you shoot some holes in it.

and because of similarities in the murders.

It’s like talking to a wall and I will remove myself from perpetrating the CO case talk. I don’t want to continue the merry go round, it is no use when you have one sided conversations.

Just bumping my question again in case anyone knows what the comment about fingerprints means? I know the possibility was discussed about BG being a non secretor (if that is the correct term) which is why I am asking.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=80306

Looks like his registered indiana address was notified to Fl 20Sep2012. This also states he can only be identified by fingerprints so I guess that means no DNA in CODIS does anyone know?

Whoa, I've looked at that particular mugshot several times and never caught that remark that positive ID cannot be established unless a fingerprint comparison is made. I've never seen anyone comment on it either till Shire. Could that remark possibly be newly added to his mugshot? Very puzzling, seems like it could be very significant.

They were doing their jobs, following up on an RSO who hadn’t checked in. It’s what they do. There is no evidence to suggest anything else.
One of the first things in the investigation they did was check CaCo RSO's. They would be pretty stupid not to check other counties too.

Whoa, I've looked at that particular mugshot several times and never caught that remark that positive ID cannot be established unless a fingerprint comparison is made. I've never seen anyone comment on it either till Shire. Could that remark possibly be newly added to his mugshot? Very puzzling, seems like it could be very significant.

I believe that is standard on Florida flyers. I checked a dozen in my area and they all say the same thing. moo

I think I remember this being discussed but can't remember what the consensus was: The 2 booking photos from Morgan County show him wearing a longish beard. IMO there is no way his beard could have grown that much from the time BG was seen on the day of the murders (sketch) until the time DN was booked into Morgan County jail on Feb 24.

Have any of the "DN looks like the sketch of BG" people come up with an explanation for the difference?

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...test-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders#id8

Here is DNs 2/24/17 booking mugshot.
https://www.wthr.com/sites/wthr.com/files/DanielNationsMorganCo2-24-17.jpg

The one with a longer beard in a yellow shirt is from the same time in jail but looks like his exit mug.

From MSM article:
https://www.wthr.com/article/carroll-co-sheriff-investigating-possible-link-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange