IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who out there would be most interested if LE made an official announcement if they did or didnt have the perps DNA?

My Answer - the Perp.

What other purpose would there be for the public to know?

BG is the only one who will know already outside of LE.

Here's a recent GH video. In it he explains his methology for placement of "the suspect" on the bridge, to debunk FB rumours including that BG's image was photoshopped by LE plus why he thinks no shadows appear. It's worth a look to observe the measurements, distances and placement as well.

Maybe everyone doesn't appreciate his bluntness but I do admire this guy for the obvious dedication he's devoted into illustrating his theories.

Yes! It's The SE Side And No photoshopping! - Abby and Libby - Delphi Indidana
https://youtube.com/watch?v=FzNfyzYsV5Q

BG is the only one who will know already outside of LE.

I'm not following you. Anyone who knows anything about DNA would try to make certain they left no trace, but they could never be certain. Even if the perp knew nothing about DNA, he wouldn't know if LE was able to successfully match him to the crime. It's not an exact science.

I also think in not releasing additional information, LE may indeed be concerned about false confessions but didn't happen to mention concern over false and malicious tips. It's a huge waste on their resources when they get sent down a rabbit hole following a lead from a spiteful vindictive person who's only motive is to cause trouble for some innocent person. "He got really drunk one night and started blabbering on about....I think he was talking about the murders in Delphi.." Happens especially during relationship strife, no way to prove the tipster is blatantly lying.

The only way LE can prioritize tips is if the public doesn't know all the details.
Let's just suppose that the girls had hatchet wounds and that hasn't been released. Could that have helped catch such a person sooner? And could it have alerted another state sooner and prevented another killing?
Obviously this is just my opinion as we don't know the actual manner of death but publicizing that such and such a weapon had been used could bring more relevant tips.

:cow:

I'm not following you. Anyone who knows anything about DNA would try to make certain they left no trace, but they could never be certain. Even if the perp knew nothing about DNA, he wouldn't know if LE was able to successfully match him to the crime. It's not an exact science.
BG will know if he SA'd them or left DNA. If he was wearing gloves and just chased then shot them he may well not have left DNA at all and will know it IMO.

I have a question for the thread. The photo of Abby taken or uploaded at 2:07 where an earth is BG in it and how did he appear to catch them up so quickly. My understanding of the photos is that Libby was near the end of the bridge when she took the picture of Abby. I don't know why after all these months but BG must have come from somewhere and its starting to bug me. I know what I am trying to say but can't explain it very well.

KR
Reacher

Well, although I cannot find the reference right now, one witness walking a dog passed BG on the trail.
This witness expressed regret not telling the girls that he was there when seeing them next on the trail.
The witness said BG looked like he was waiting for someone, and he was standing not walking. If the girls passed him, or if he hid as they passed, once they were on the bridge it would take about 5 minutes on the bridge to catch up with them if they were stopping and moving slowly.

It was in the same interview - Sgt Holeman August interview in the media thread.

I thought an Amber alert was for missing minors?

On the billboards the pic of BG was small too compared with the girls likenesses.

I wondered about those billboards. The girls had been found already yet their photos were the largest. I think it would have been more beneficial to have the BG photo large and numbers etc large for motorists to see when driving on by.

I wondered about those billboards. The girls had been found already yet their photos were the largest. I think it would have been more beneficial to have the BG photo large and numbers etc large for motorists to see when driving on by.

The billboards never made any sense to me. From a distance, they looked like "Missing" posters because, as you said, the girls' photos were larger. Every time I drove past one I kind of shook my head because they just seemed so misused.

The billboards never made any sense to me. From a distance, they looked like "Missing" posters because, as you said, the girls' photos were larger. Every time I drove past one I kind of shook my head because they just seemed so misused.

Maybe the girls pictures were big because at the time they were looking for any one that had seen them in another context on SM.

Maybe the girls pictures were big because at the time they were looking for any one that had seen them in another context on SM.

Then why include the picture of BG at all? Seriously, from the road, you could barely make out the small picture of BG. The pictures of those billboards don't quite do justice to what they looked like in real life.

I am having great difficulties replying to PM's, I have no idea what has happened! My apologies to all that have sent me messages. I can read messages but cannot reply. TIA

Let's just suppose that the girls had hatchet wounds and that hasn't been released. Could that have helped catch such a person sooner? And could it have alerted another state sooner and prevented another killing?
Obviously this is just my opinion as we don't know the actual manner of death but publicizing that such and such a weapon had been used could bring more relevant tips.

:cow:

We don't know what LE knows so all we can do is speculate. But I'm certain they have a good reason for everything they do or say.

Odds are they were shot with a type of gun that millions of people in the US presently own or could buy. When people who personally know someone who was in Delphi on Feb 13th, who's subsequent behaviour they have reason to question, so they offer a tip to LE, it's highly likeky LE seeks out additional information regarding such things as weapons without making a public announcement.

In the OJ era, jurors couldn't wrap their head around DNA evidence. It was too new and too confusing.
Nowadays the prosecution better have that undeniable DNA or jurors go the other way and can't wrap their head around why there isn't DNA evidence. It's expected even though it's still not quite understood by the average juror. JMO

Just my two cents but I think the girls were familiar with BG. I think he's right under everyones nose. I think LE know exactly who did it but just doesn't have the smoking gun evidence to secure a conviction. The DA has to think they can win the case...and they're not quite there yet.

In the OJ era, jurors couldn't wrap their head around DNA evidence. It was too new and too confusing.
Nowadays the prosecution better have that undeniable DNA or jurors go the other way and can't wrap their head around why there isn't DNA evidence. It's expected even though it's still not quite understood by the average juror. JMO

Just my two cents but I think the girls were familiar with BG. I think he's right under everyones nose. I think LE know exactly who did it but just doesn't have the smoking gun evidence to secure a conviction. The DA has to think they can win the case...and they're not quite there yet.
What exactly do you mean? ( DN or someone actually in Delphi ?) The girls apparently spoke of the stranger behind them, so they cannot have known him IMO, unless I have misunderstood the reports.

Just something to consider.... the vast majority of us here have absolutely no connection to Delphi and MSM is our sole source of official information. I think that includes both me and you.

But back in February, after the tradegy occured several people from in and around Delphi posted here about local meetings being held by LE. These gatherings were not reported by MSM. We also know Delphi has a local police department, along with an office dedicated to this investigation.

JMO I think we can be assured that locals have several available avenues open to them, to express any fears or concerns.

A town that I once lived in was the subject of major media focus. It was an interesting experience. It left me firmly convinced that locals always know a lot more than what outsiders read in the media. It can become "us" against "them" especially if they are subject to undue speculation, sensationalism and accusations. Eventually, if a media vehicle drove into town, the streets became immediately absent of people. JMO

I share a similar experience in that I once lived in an area that became the subject of a major media focus. In the late 90's, my immediate neighbor was killed by a mass murderer during a highly publicized multi-state killing spree and nationwide manhunt. There were media vans parked outside my door 24/7 that relentlessly pursued his grieving widow for comments any time she stepped outside. On top of the terror that the killer might return, the media gave her and our neighborhood no peace. It was a brutal, invasive disruption. Police met with neighbors on the side to provide assurances privately - as I expect happened / happens in Delphi now. Ultimately the press nightmare ended (for the most part) two months after my neighbor's death when the murderer committed suicide and his body was discovered.

Back to basics.
I thought I would not have trouble finding a man's shoe with a white stripe across the top. I have not found a shoe of that design in 10 months.
The only shoes/boots that I have seen that are close what appears to be boots iwth a light stripe across the top are boots from Indiana Packers.
I have looked through boots like runners, motorcycling boots, off roading boots, fashion boots with no luck.
As for his being local, many IP employees don't live in Delphi, but commute from other towns like Lafayette, Frankfort, Kokomo. Its a huge employer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 3.59.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 3.59.46 PM.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 4.00.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 4.00.09 PM.png
    266.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 4.09.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 4.09.33 PM.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 72
That information would help them to know what kind of offender they're dealing with, which would help them decide how to deal him should he be encountered. For instance, if the girls were raped, then maybe he formed the intent to murder them immediately, in which case the next potential victim should try to flee at all costs. If they were not sexually assaulted, maybe he became enraged and killed them because they did not cooperate; if that's the case, maybe cooperation would be the best chance for the next victim to stay alive, etc.

And if, for example, the girls' attack involved a hatchet (or sword, bayonet, stungun, boxcutter, machete...) then hell, it's possible someone out there SOLD one to someone, SAW someone with one, discovers they are now MISSING one they go to look for after hearing about it, was once threatened seemingly in jest with one by someone they know only peripherally, overheard talk about it in a pub, someone texted or facebooked in an odd way about it, etc etc etc.

And, if SA were involved, if I were a man I would feel it's probably ok to be out there but as a woman I would curtail my activities and probably not even be letting my dtr or grand-dtr go out to the mall or the bus stop if I lived anywhere near there.

Lastly, more voice, more video, IF available, might help someone currently on the fence to realize OMG, I think that's Mr Z. and maybe then call it in. I mean, couldn't LE at the very least give the public a clue as to what to be most cautious of?

Back to basics.
I thought I would not have trouble finding a man's shoe with a white stripe across the top. I have not found a shoe of that design in 10 months.
The only shoes/boots that I have seen that are close what appears to be boots iwth a light stripe across the top are boots from Indiana Packers.
I have looked through boots like runners, motorcycling boots, off roading boots, fashion boots with no luck.
As for his being local, many IP employees don't live in Delphi, but commute from other towns like Lafayette, Frankfort, Kokomo. Its a huge employer.

Interesting!

Back to basics.

And you probably remember this discussion as well:

"Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found..."
https://www.theindychannel.com/news...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

I can't find the link anywhere so take it for what it's worth, but iirc early on a reporter asked LE something about footprints in the grass pertaining to the Bicycle Road property and the search warrant. Feb 24th was also an indication of the aggression of SM as well, when LE publicly asked that the property owner not be harassed.

"Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...stigation-means-keeping-low-profile/98214716/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop