IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
The recorded video sounds, to me, like the speaker is not opening his mouth and speaking each word clearly, and separately. He is connecting each word to the other; maybe he has a drawl.

The guy pictured looks about 30.

This crime is so heartbreaking.I feel so sorry for the parents and grand parents.

IMHO, people don't hear the "git" part, either because the specific, clipped recording doesn't broadcast it, or the clenched teeth/jaw of the perp don't betray it.

"Git down the hill.".

Questioning why Liberty didn't call 911 is bothersome to me.

1. We don't know at what point she realized they were in actual danger. It is possible she was already videoing and he happened to walk up. It may have been her being nervous about the guy that caused her to inadvertently continue recording or do so purposefully but discreetly- just in case. Who calls 911 "just in case this weird guy...?"

There is a considerable transition from being creeped out to calling 911. By the time, she realized she was facing a real threat and not a perceived one, he could have had a gun pointed at her or a knife to her friend's throat.

2. It could be that it was really smart of her to hit record and conceal the phone quickly before he knew she had it in her hand with hopes that she'd get another chance to use it.

3. The idea that people feel that they know what they would do in this situation without even knowing what was happening is absurd.

We know there is a picture of a guy on a bridge and then audio of "...down the hill." That is it. Nothing more is known by us. I do feel that it will come out that this was an extraordinarily brave and astute thing this 14 year old girl did that may end up saving future lives. God bless her.

Good points. A 911 call would not provide any visual evidence either.

1.) I know the 911 what-ifs are getting old and not exactly relevant. But I will say from personal experience, I rarely use my iPhone to talk. I either text or I'm posting to Instagram. When someone actually calls me instead of texting it really throws me for a loop. I've also noticed when my phone is out of calling reception, it sometimes still posts updates to social media even when I can't make a call. I usually only talk on the phone to older relatives that don't text.

2.) When people say he's not a local, that may very well be true. But when you live in or are familiar with a state like Indiana or Illinois, you can live 1.5 hours from an area, yet still be very familiar with it. We drove to Lafayette all of the time and know it well, yet we aren't/weren't local.

3.) Were FBI called into help any of the other women missing in Indiana? Thinking out loud here, but I think FBI were called in for Hannah Graham (sp) case. When people missing or found deceased under a certain age, FBI more engaged?

I don't think the discussion on"why didn't they just 911" is helpful at all.
Hindsight is 20-20.
Sure, we'd all like to believe that our kids would call 911 immediately if they felt they where in danger but that's not reality.
We have no idea why they didn't call 911 and the only things that can be said about it are just opinion and speculation anyway.
Wondering why they didn't call 911 is bringing us no closer to finding the killer.

I thought this as well. There was a local that posted early on that cell service is spotty in that area. Maybe they did try to call for help but couldn't get it to connect. On the other hand, the Snapchat photo uploaded, so it's a fair question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I may have seen one other person touch on this a bit. He's well dressed because he's coming from a colder city or state.

Or possibly is up and out of the house very early morning when it's colder..

I don't think he is wearing any clothing for disguise. He did this in broad daylight on a hiking trail with a bridge that serves as a visual crows nest of sorts.

And I believe he made no attempt to hide the body's. Why would he pile on extra clothing? This type of clothing is his every day attire.

Exactly, you put on a heavy coat because you need one. It's cold out. He is coming from someplace colder, from the North or East. But if he is a drifter, he needs that warm coat at night, he lives in it. To me, his clothes don't look very dirty, so I think he got up early where it is colder. A few hours North or East.

Could the Feb 13th proximity to Valentine's Day, play any role in this crime?
http://www.allprobailbond.com/blog/news/holiday-crime-rate-spikes/
What Holidays Have The Most Crime And Are The Crimes Different?

Every holiday is different, and each holiday has a crime statistics related to them. Alcohol related crimes are generally associated with New Year’s Eve, Fourth of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day. Domestic violence issues are associated with Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Valentine’s Day. Theft is associated with Christmas and Valentine’s Day. Other violence related issues are common on the holidays associated with alcohol consumption.
rbbm.

Off the wall thinking here but any chance as he was walking by Abby he pushed her off the bridge cause he was really after Liberty and when she saw that she recorded him coming after her and he then told her "down the hill" so he could recover and move Abby before doing whatever he had planned to Liberty?

1.) I know the 911 what-ifs are getting old and not exactly relevant. But I will say from personal experience, I rarely use my iPhone to talk. I either text or I'm posting to Instagram. When someone actually calls me instead of texting it really throws me for a loop. I've also noticed when my phone is out of calling reception, it sometimes still posts updates to social media even when I can't make a call. I usually only talk on the phone to older relatives that don't text.

2.) When people say he's not a local, that may very well be true. But when you live in or are familiar with a state like Indiana or Illinois, you can live 1.5 hours from an area, yet still be very familiar with it. We drove to Lafayette all of the time and know it well, yet we aren't/weren't local.

3.) Were FBI called into help any of the other women missing in Indiana? Thinking out loud here, but I think FBI were called in for Hannah Graham (sp) case. When people missing or found deceased under a certain age, FBI more engaged?
1. I agree. Too much not known here and yes, data can often be transmitted when a call won't go through.

2. I feel like he had to at least know that the Northeast quadrant was the most isolated. North of the creek, east of the bridge. On the South side, there are residences on either side of the bridge with driveways. On the Northwest side, there is the "trail to the right" that the witness referred to and the location of the creek and the trail wouldn't allow one to ever get too far from the bridge or the main trail. The area he chose to take them offered the most isolation. Was that by chance or did he already know?

3. I was wondering if perhaps the FBI caught wind of the search and went in because of knowledge of an active predator or something with the circumstances alerted them. Could be that it was just a missing child case and local presence got involved.

Dispatchers are working around the clock, answering phone calls coming into a call center. Last week a tip line was created to help with Abby and Libby’s murder investigation. The two teenagers’ bodies were found the day after they were hiking along the Delphi Historic Trails. Investigators are digging through more than 1,000 tips, but they need more.

“We’re hopeful. Every time it rings we wonder if that’s going to be the call, the person whatever it is the clue that we need to find who it is,” said Cassie Lane, Lead Communicator with Carroll County 911 center.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/22/delphi-...000-tips-in-abby-libbys-murder-investigation/

His clothes don't look very warm to me. The jacket doesn't look heavyweight. He appears more bundled up to in the photo where the hood is shadowing his eyes, but I think that's just the effect of the way the hood is being worn. The hoodie material looks thin.

Have there been any tragic deaths involving young women (13-25 y/o) in the Delphi/Lafayette area on or around Valentines Day within the last 3-5 years?

Off the wall thinking here but any chance as he was walking by Abby he pushed her off the bridge cause he was really after Liberty and when she saw that she recorded him coming after her and he then told her "down the hill" so he could recover and move Abby before doing whatever he had planned to Liberty?

They haven't given details about their injuries, but a fall from high would be evident by specific injuries if that happened.

The thought of what else may be on that video by Libby sets me on-edge.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-teen-records-suspect-before-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/
Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation, but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.

“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter.

News 18 asked, “Do you expect to release anything else from that video?”

Carter replied, “I hope we don’t have to, I hope what we’ve released is enough. I hope that people will take a step back and they’ll do what I suggested – a piece, a part, a thing, not a face, not necessarily a face, but a piece of clothing, a walk, a stride, a right hand in a pocket.”

"A right hand in a pocket"?? I'm sure that I must have missed it, but is he possibly saying that they believe he sustained some injury to his right hand , Leading him to possibly hide it by keeping it in his pocket?

"A right hand in a pocket"?? I'm sure that I must have missed it, but if he possibly saying that they believe he sustained some injury to his right hand , Leading him to possibly hide it by keeping it in his pocket?

I don't think so. I think they're just noting things visible in the pics. Trying to jog the memory of people who know the perp.

"A right hand in a pocket"?? I'm sure that I must have missed it, but is he possibly saying that they believe he sustained some injury to his right hand , Leading him to possibly hide it by keeping it in his pocket?

Or maybe concealing an identifiable scar or tattoo? Hmm.

or does he have his hand on a weapon getting ready to pull it out?

Well, my 11 year old has a cell phone and I just asked him what he would do if he had his phone and felt in danger. Without hesitation, he said "call 911." It's not like I had any extensive conversations about 911 with him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy that your child is able in a safe situation to tell his mother or father that he would call 911 but what if he had a weapon pointed towards him and/or his best friend? What if the suspect has already shown what he/she is capable of doing if him/her did not follow the exact orders? No one, let alone a child can predict what ANYONE would do in this situation.

Just some random thoughts. There was no school the day the girls were at the park. Has it been mentioned what the activity was like in the area that day? Were there several people there that afternoon? Or very few? I would think that someone else would have seen him in the area and have been able to give a description (approx age, height, weight, etc) to LE to accompany the photo. Or perhaps he was making a conscious effort not to be seen by anyone.

The vibe I got from watching the PC is that LE does not think this man is a drifter or loner. That someone would notice a change in his appearance, disposition, or routine. I still think he might be "local", as in within 30 miles of the area. I also think the photo quality might be misleading as to the man's age...go to any rural Walmart and you will see boys and men age 15 to 85 dressed exactly the same. I think he is probably 25-35.

Who dropped the girls off at the park? I thought I read it was one of the girls' sister. How old is she? Could that person have inadvertently mentioned doing so to the wrong person? I think it is very possible that the man knew the girls were going to be there. I would also like to know when the girls planned the hike and if they posted about it on social media.

IMO

Liberty had the presence of mind to record God knows how much of this horror.

I'm trying to understand how she did this without the monster noticing what she was doing, and also where her phone was found. He wouldn't have left it at the crime scene. Do you all think Liberty lost it between the bridge and the location the girls were found? Was it in the creek and divers found it?

I believe Sgt. Riley when he says LE will find the person who murdered Liberty & Abby. The pressor was one of the best I've seen, recognized the BAU input right away. Carefully crafted words spoken by LE at that podium today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia