IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about the timing and location of the press conference, the odder it seems. At first I thought yeah, same time, same place, that makes sense. But I can't remember a similar thing in any of the other cases I've followed. Maybe I just missed it?

I havent seen many, but it seems like a good idea.
Here is at least one other case where the Sheriff held a press conference where they thought the crime occurred. Kristin Smart.
https://www.noozhawk.com/article/slo_sheriff_excavation_cal_poly_in_search_for_kristin_smart

I havent seen many, but it seems like a good idea.
Here is at least one other case where the Sheriff held a press conference where they thought the crime occurred. Kristin Smart.
https://www.noozhawk.com/article/slo_sheriff_excavation_cal_poly_in_search_for_kristin_smart

I actually didn't find it odd until I read the posts here. I think it's a good idea to do the one-year anniversary presser at the scene of the crime. (I know it's not the actual scene, but it's close and a lot easier for people to access.)

I actually didn't find it odd until I read the posts here. I think it's a good idea to do the one-year anniversary presser at the scene of the crime. (I know it's not the actual scene, but it's close and a lot easier for people to access.)

Just jumping off your post. Perhaps a tactic suggested by the FBI?

moo

could the killer be out there just sitting his fat a$$ on his recliner enjoying his famousness, watching all his living victims and their suffering live on television , or could he be out in the crowd pretending to grieve?

wonder if they will have it on tv at the prison?

will all eyes be watching..?

Just jumping off your post. Perhaps a tactic suggested by the FBI?

moo

I think it makes the crime feel more "real." Actually seeing where it happened and psychologically connecting the setting with the girls and the crime could potentially have a great impact. "Look at this beautiful setting, this peaceful park, this quiet little place. Now, imagine the horror that happened here."

I haven't seen ISP being overly dramatic yet. In fact, quite the opposite. So, the fact that this anniversary press conference at the bridge seems rather dramatic, at least to me, gives me hope that they have something of significance to share with the public.
And I can't help but thinking "back to the scene of the crime." Sometimes offenders like to go back to the scene of their crime. I'll bet eyes are on those in the crowd and those in the midst observing. I wonder if KN might show up since her husband has put her in the spotlight. It's kind of a long way for her to go, if she's still in CO but one never knows.

i would love some kind of camera that can read the emotions of people, or a software that can identify a killer through body language..this parabon software is utterly terrifyingly impossibly spot on...you wouldn't imagine that your image can be recreated from the information in your touch.

i only have to walk on any trail anywhere and imagine the most hideous frightening thing I have ever seen coming toward me and pushing me into the trees.

everyone must be so scared, scared to go there, scared to feel.

MOO

i would love some kind of camera that can read the emotions of people, or a software that can identify a killer through body language..this parabon software is utterly terrifyingly impossibly spot on...you wouldn't imagine that your image can be recreated from the information in your touch.

i only have to walk on any trail anywhere and imagine the most hideous frightening thing I have ever seen coming toward me and pushing me into the trees.

everyone must be so scared, scared to go there, scared to feel.

MOO

My family and friends are still going to the park and walking around. I went up there a few weeks ago but it was too icy to get out on the trail and especially too icy to go on the bridge. Rather than feeling too scared to go, the people who I know that live there/are from there, have been wanting to go even MORE.

Perhaps the jacket and the clothing is of an experienced outdoorsman, and maybe costly. Remembering posts before trying to identify the make and model of the jacket. The mom jeans kind of throw me on this point, though.

Still thinking he could be a transient, but rethinking it is because he has no other choice. It does make me wonder about the backpack mentioned here before, and where it was during the crime.

Clearly BG has a disturbing history that led him to this crime, but I am beginning to think he is more cunning than some random transient and might enjoy the hunt, and maybe that’s why he hasn’t been caught yet. Don’t know.

Thanks, Tricia, for reopening the thread.

Perhaps the jacket and the clothing is of an experienced outdoorsman, and maybe costly. Remembering posts before trying to identify the make and model of the jacket. The mom jeans kind of throw me on this point, though.

Still thinking he could be a transient, but rethinking it is because he has no other choice. It does make me wonder about the backpack mentioned here before, and where it was during the crime.

Clearly BG has a disturbing history that led him to this crime, but I am beginning to think he is more cunning than some random transient and might enjoy the hunt, and maybe that’s why he hasn’t been caught yet. Don’t know.

Do you think this might be related to the Iowa girls murders? I keep going back and forth. The 4 girls look similar to me, similar ages, weird circumstances, etc.

Do you think this might be related to the Iowa girls murders? I keep going back and forth. The 4 girls look similar to me, similar ages, weird circumstances, etc.

I don’t know at all. As time goes by though, you have to wonder, especially about the motive. Who hunts girls? Why?

The guy must be off the grid. That’s a different personality than one who would be closely following the case, perhaps even feeling the urge to inject himself into it, or send communications to the media.

I sure do wish next week, with the presser, there would be a bit more profiling info released that might cue the right family member in. No one truly lives in a bubble.

I don’t know at all. As time goes by though, you have to wonder, especially about the motive. Who hunts girls? Why?

The guy must be off the grid. That’s a different personality than one who would be closely following the case, perhaps even feeling the urge to inject himself into it, or send communications to the media.

I sure do wish next week, with the presser, there would be a bit more profiling info released that might cue the right family member in. No one truly lives in a bubble.

I don't know at all either. But how often do you find 2 young girls out by themselves both murdered with no witnesses? Just so dang random! And, imo the girls look similar. One quite a bit smaller than the other, same hair tones, all white, close to the same age groups, at least to a stranger. Because of the history of the Iowa girls parents I have often thought the crimes were not related. But I admit I go back and forth because of the similarities of the girls and the mystery of the murders.

This is actually the main reason why I don't see DN as BG. DN's history is so volatile and erratic. He's not exactly stealthy in his crimes. When he gets angry, he kind of goes for it. I just have a hard time believing that a man who was literally accused of chasing someone with a hatchet (with witnesses) could have pulled off this crime without getting caught. Getting caught does not seem to be the problem with DN-just look at his arrest record. Unless he was just super lucky with this crime, in my amateur opinion someone like him just doesn't profile.

He doesn't strike me as a transient; he certainly doesn't look homeless. He doesn't have the full, unkempt beard that most vagabonds sport, his clothes appear to be clean and not ragged, and he seems at ease in his surroundings. That's not to say that he couldn't have traveled to the area in order to murder in anonymity, but he probably has ties to the area and may well be a local.

This is actually the main reason why I don't see DN as BG. DN's history is so volatile and erratic. He's not exactly stealthy in his crimes. When he gets angry, he kind of goes for it. I just have a hard time believing that a man who was literally accused of chasing someone with a hatchet (with witnesses) could have pulled off this crime without getting caught. Getting caught does not seem to be the problem with DN-just look at his arrest record. Unless he was just super lucky with this crime, in my amateur opinion someone like him just doesn't profile.

I think criminals, like liars, get away with "it" much more often than get caught. That's what makes it worth it to them to commit the offense. They think more than likely they will get away with it again.

I hear you! DN is a very disturbed person, and I hope with all these arrests he gets some help. To be honest, though, I don’t know of any help for him.

His characteristics are interesting, though, but apparently LE isn’t interested. I imgine the DNA didn’t match, but have no way of knowing for sure.

He doesn't strike me as a transient; he certainly doesn't look homeless. He doesn't have the full, unkempt beard that most vagabonds sport, his clothes appear to be clean and not ragged, and he seems at ease in his surroundings. That's not to say that he couldn't have traveled to the area in order to murder in anonymity, but he probably has ties to the area and may well be a local.

I agree. I believe he is either local or is related to someone who still lives there now. The counter argument is "if he's local then why hasn't been caught or turned in yet"? But we don't know that he hasn't been turned in yet. He very well could be one of the hundreds that LE has interviewed but, for whatever reason, eludes arrest.

There were some problems with the original search (people not signing in, there not being an official grid search on that first night, people spitting and throwing things on the ground) and I strongly feel that these things have had a real impact on the existing evidence and how it can be used.

May be. He may also be acquainted with someone in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator