IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling once they get him in IN (isn't he there now?) that he won't be getting out anytime soon. I think LE knows he's involved in the murders and are just waiting for that other piece of evidence for a solid case. I also think it's coming soon. I also still think KN is holding out, knows much more, is afraid, etc.

I couldn’t disagree more.

I have a couple of questions. When Indiana does travel to bring him to Johnson County, will they send two police Officer’s by car? It is a long drive to Colorado. Would they drive straight through on their way back? Would they stop at a hotel and sleep with the prisoner in cuffs?
I am simply curious. Thinking of the Officers, I would not want this job task.

I've been on airplanes when one or two LE have someone in custody. They draw attention before boarding due to permits for their firearms, and are discreet about 'handcuff'.

My friend who was a sheriff frequently made extradition trips. Before they went, they always knew a lot about who they were picking up, and at least 2 officers would go. He once flew to Hawaii to get an inmate, and I remember he was very clear that the officers would sleep in a hotel the night before, but never with an inmate in custody.

When they drove, they had to make food and bathroom stops. But I don’t believe they would stay overnight with someone in custody.

They have hard shackles and soft shackles and can add feet shackles based on discretion.

I have a couple of questions. When Indiana does travel to bring him to Johnson County, will they send two police Officer’s by car? It is a long drive to Colorado. Would they drive straight through on their way back? Would they stop at a hotel and sleep with the prisoner in cuffs?
I am simply curious. Thinking of the Officers, I would not want this job task.

What makes you think this? He hasn't been excluded yet and I wonder why they are bothering to bring him back if they could just have Co deal with him. I mean he is already on probation there anyway.

Eta. TY to Tricia for re-opening. Get well wishes to all and we will be good. We don't want it closed because

Today is the day.

I think once Indiana LE has him, they can arrest him and he can even be sentenced to jail or prison. Why have a warrant if they can't take any action on it?

Btw, this is just a guess. Didn't want to bring this up, but my oldest son is in an AZ jail waiting for sentencing on drug charges. He had a warrant in another county, but because he was in jail already they just said, "He needs to send us a letter from there explaining why he missed his court date and why he can't make any upcoming court dates." And that was the end of that so far and its been months. I don't think they can do anything but wait until he gets out of prison which may be in a decade or more.

JMO

So sorry to hear that. I can’t imagine how heart breaking that is [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is there only a 21 day window to return him to Indiana? If LE misses this deadline, is his warrant torn up?
He is in jail awaiting Jan 24 court in Colorado. What if they find him guilty there and put him back in jail?

Thanks for opening this thread.
Just to update on the 24th Jan -there is now a plea hearing on 21st Feb where DN's lawyer may plead for him in his absence. If he is already back in Indy by then and his probation transfers anyway then I think that will be it for Co unless they have collected more evidence on their murder case.

Eta. I think they will fly him back. Indy airport is only a few miles from the Camby bridge under which he was living at the time of the murders.

:cow:

This is what makes this case SO compelling. (Sumzero's response to KKDJ's post slightly up-thread...) our differing analyses of what we know so far. (And of course we don't know what we don't know.)
I lean in favor of DN being involved here ... and yet ...I also see signs (the recent appeals via Drs Oz & Phil) that suggest he may not be.
I appreciate ALL viewpoints and am glad we can be polite about sharing and considering each others' stances (each coming to this forum from different frames of reference as we do).
I know we all want justice for these girls. THAT IS the bottom line.

I've been on airplanes when one or two LE have someone in custody. They draw attention before boarding due to permits for their firearms, and are discreet about 'handcuff'.

I've had patients cuffed to the bed before (usually at the leg) with LE standing guard in the hospital room but imagine they would fly as MK suggests to get the travel done and over with more quickly. (Interesting to be on that flight!)

So he is on his way back to Indiana. What do posters think of that? Will he get jail time? He now has two more felony convictions on his record and unserved probation in both states, plus the additional felony warrant for which ostensibly he is being returned. And he has not yet been excluded as a POI. How will this play out? Any precedent ?

I believe that Indiana has reasons other than his Failure to Appear charges for bringing DN back . Courts are downgrading charges because the jails are overcrowded. The cost to incarcerate a prisoner in Indiana is over $26,000.00 per year. Why bring him back and assume the financial responsibility when he could be Colorado's problem.?? Why not let him stay in Colorado and be a drain on their taxpayers.? He's been given 3 years probation. Why not let them deal with him??? That, plus the fact that these warrants were issued after ISP went to Colorado in September, and the Hold Writs were ordered in December. It makes no sense to me to incur these expenses unless there is more important outcome expected by the state of Indiana! MOO

I believe that Indiana has reasons other than his Failure to Appear charges for bringing DN back . Courts are downgrading charges because the jails are overcrowded. The cost to incarcerate a prisoner in Indiana is over $26,000.00 per year. Why bring him back and assume the financial responsibility when he could be Colorado's problem.?? Why not let him stay in Colorado and be a drain on their taxpayers.? He's been given 3 years probation. Why not let them deal with him??? That, plus the fact that these warrants were issued after ISP went to Colorado in September, and the Hold Writs were ordered in December. It makes no sense to me to incur these expenses unless there is more important outcome expected by the state of Indiana! MOO

I could not agree more! Excellent post, thank you.

That my friend is the most logical explanation....good job!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

If KN decides to go to IN what would happen to her 2 children in state custody?
Would they move them to the state the parents are in?
Of course, I don't think she would do that as isn't there an arrest warrant for KN in IN?
Obviously she doesn't have custody returned to her as she continues to visit the children in a classroom setting plus there is a hearing pending. All of this time since September those children have been in state custody!
Can IN LE put the pressure on her to talk while she resides in another state? Without going there to "interrogate" her how would they accomplish this?
So many questions! But they just might relate to these murders!

According to Vinelink he's still in Clear Creek Co., Colorado.

Johnson Co., Indiana has 21 days to pick him up, which they've indicated they will do. Not hearing anything out of Carroll County.

It is Friday 10 a.m. EST and he is still in CO.

Was patiently awaiting for the thread to open to post this:

Thursday, January 4th:
*Permanent Planning Hearing (@ 11:30am MT) for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – re Children, last hearing was 12/7; "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Review Hearing scheduled for March 1.

Wednesday, January 24th:
*Appearance of Counsel Hearing (@ 10am MT) - for Clear Creek County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a July 18 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case. Postponed from 1/10
"Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Plus in Indiana these are 3 separate cases which are extraditable: Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/16/16) Marion County: Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 & 10/18/17 (4/25/17) Bartholomew Co. (Greenwood City Court): Driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (2 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. All now have outstanding warrants. There’s an active warrant for Daniel Nations’ arrest for failing to register as a sex offender in Johnson County, according to Sheriff Doug Cox. The sheriff says his officers will have to go get him and court records say they have 21 days to do so.
Review Hearing set for 2/21 @ 10am

I hope they are keeping a watchful eye on DN right now, if he gets spooked there is no telling , be interesting if he starts having panic attacks etc. I wonder if he is super medicated in prison? be interesting to know if he is given extra medication , or if he asks for it.

MOO

The jails and prisons here are, for the most part, bursting at the seams. Even if they get DN on failure to register, there's a high likelihood he won't serve any jail time, maybe house arrest or an extended probation. Maybe even a suspended sentence. He would be closely monitored, I'm sure, and maybe have some kind of court ordered counseling.

All JMO.

Following...

Was patiently awaiting for the thread to open to post this:

Thursday, January 4th:
*Permanent Planning Hearing (@ 11:30am MT) for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – re Children, last hearing was 12/7; "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Review Hearing scheduled for March 1.

Wednesday, January 24th:
*Appearance of Counsel Hearing (@ 10am MT) - for Clear Creek County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a July 18 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case. Postponed from 1/10
"Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Plus in Indiana these are 3 separate cases which are extraditable: Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/16/16) Marion County: Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 & 10/18/17 (4/25/17) Bartholomew Co. (Greenwood City Court): Driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (2 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. All now have outstanding warrants. There’s an active warrant for Daniel Nations’ arrest for failing to register as a sex offender in Johnson County, according to Sheriff Doug Cox. The sheriff says his officers will have to go get him and court records say they have 21 days to do so.
Review Hearing set for 2/21 @ 10am

Thank you, Niner, for always keeping us straight and up to date in this case, and in so many others. You rock!
g051.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member