IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the map outline and imo I would guess it's five acres at the very least (i'm terrible with measurements). But I was thinking as far as signs or fences, if we've seen concrete photos. There was a video linked a while back of the owner walking a reporter around, pointing to a creek (I don't know if it was THE creek) and there were no fences. Sometimes there are signs, but in this case, there might not have been. just something to think about.

The gruesome discovery was made on Ron Logan’s 40-acre lot by a neighbor who volunteered to help with the search.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/delphi-...very-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/

I was reading a Fox59 post on FB about the presser. I noticed in one of the comments (I know, but stay with me a moment) there were remarks that an article was inaccurate that there had been no homicides in Delphi since the 80's. A woman who said she was related to Libby stated that was not correct as Libbey great grandparents were murdered in a double homicide in 1991. She mentioned their names. So I dug a bit and in fact there was a double homicide in Delphi in September of 1991. The victims last name is the same as Libbys grandfather listed in her obituary. I do not post this as a conspiracy theory or because of a revenge thing but mostly... Holy crap that poor family has been tormented time and again!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Geez that's crazy for a tiny town

Did they catch the murderer?

The gruesome discovery was made on Ron Logan’s 40-acre lot by a neighbor who volunteered to help with the search.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/delphi-...very-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/

Thank you! I knew I had read it earlier today too, but forgot. Here's the link of the land owner walking the reporter around the property I'd looked at earlier today.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

What on earth were the parents/relatives thinking by letting 2 teenage girls go out in the middle of nowhere? So isolated...
(I'm sure its been brought up before, but just so strange...)

Lets not blame the family... It doesn't really contribute anything.

It has been all over the news here in Virginia. Local and national. They are getting the pic out there.

Still catching up, but wanted to post these pics. I keep reading how only some old dude would wear those jeans. I see young guys who are building the site across the street in loose jeans. I see "regular joe" guys in their 20's and 30's who wouldn't be caught dead in skinny jeans. I really would be surprised if BG was older than early forties. Also, there is this.......

<modsnip>

Libby's grandfather spoke to a reporter several days ago.

Grandfather remembers life of Liberty German
http://wishtv.com/2017/02/18/grandfather-remembers-life-of-liberty-german/

This - the full interview -- is very worth watching. I was impressed in myriad ways with how he handled the statement. His name is Mike Patty and he is more than Libby's grandfather. In some ways, he was her father. He and his wife raised her since she was three years old.

He did an amazing job bringing Libby "to life" for the many who did not personally know her, but still care. He held it together. Bless him for his strength and the lovely statement.

Geez that's crazy for a tiny town

Did they catch the murderer?
Yes. It was their step grandson. He ended up committing suicide in jail. I have not mentioned the gals name that corrected this post (because she is family to Libby)

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

My kids explored areas similar to this in a way. We'd gone with them, they'd go on their own. We felt safe letting them go. It was a wooded area with a swimming hole. It was fun. It was innocent. I suspect many of the local families felt the same. JMOO

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What on earth were the parents/relatives thinking by letting 2 teenage girls go out in the middle of nowhere? So isolated...
(I'm sure its been brought up before, but just so strange...)
Looks like it's a pretty popular trail. Maybe someone more local can chime in?
That being said, that comment is treading pretty close to blaming the family.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking BG is probably wearing skinny jeans and a dress shirt by now. :thinking:

I've thought of that too and yes, there is a map that marks it here somewhere though having seen it I couldn't specify the acreage. But in broad daylight to know that you won't be interrupted by the owner coming down to do a little fishing or letting his dog out or that he/she won't even be in sight or shouting distance of you at any point might be a pretty big risk to take. But you are right that it might not have seemed that way if you or I were standing where the killer stood too.

The land owner has almost 39 contiguous acres. His home seems to be on another plot about a third of a mile away up the slope through the woods from the site.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Land.png
    Land.png
    451.9 KB · Views: 749
I was just going to argue with you about the age of the guys wearing these relaxed light blue jeans as my DH does...Then it occured to me he's 51.&#128552;
When did we get old?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ha ha, mine is 52 and he wears the slim fit jeans. But then he looks pretty good in that style as he is very wiry. But I see young guys (especially the huntin' fishin' dudes down heah in Sportsman's Paradise) who wear almost the exact get up as BG. By young, I mean 30's, possibly early 40's.

don't do it - don't give in and go back to the jeans talk... not productive IMO

Information Sought in Investigation into Deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams

Members of our community may have information to assist in this investigation. We are making a direct appeal to members of this community who may have information but are unaware or unsure of its significance or assume law enforcement may already have the information.

Often someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the individual or individuals who committed the crime and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the changes, and may even question the person about it, but may not connect the changes to that person’s involvement in the crime.

On Monday, February 13, the individual or individuals responsible for these crimes may have been absent from work, missed or cancelled appointments or social engagements, or been unavailable or unresponsive during the afternoon period. They may have been a “no-show” or offered a plausible excuse for their absence or tardiness such as, illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.

Since that time, the individual or individuals may have exhibited some of the following:

A change in the daily routine(s), such as their sleep patterns or use of alcohol or drugs
A change in their physical appearance (e.g., growth or removal of facial hair, change in length or color of hair
Cleaned or disposed of clothing and/or shoes worn on Monday afternoon
A change in normal routine which might include missing work or other engagements
Anxiety, nervousness, or irritability
Paid attention to the investigation, media coverage, or had discussions pertaining to the deaths

It is important to know that the exhibition of one or more of these behavioral changes alone are not indicative of one’s involvement in a crime. These behavioral characteristics or changes are being shared so that the public may be sensitive to them and may bring forth possible helpful information. If you have any information that you feel may be of use in this investigation, please contact us the tip line at (844) 459-5786 or via e-mail to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...deaths-of-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams

Indiana State Police say the FBI has taken over for the Delphi call center in the double murder investigation of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams.

The toll free, anonymous phone number to call in tips hasn&#8217;t changed, but calls will now be answered at the Federal Bureau of Investigation&#8217;s Major Case Contact Center. *Also, callers will have to follow a few prompts to report their information.

The people working at the Delphi call center were dispatchers from Carroll County and surrounding counties that were volunteering their time, whereas the FBI call center has hundreds of workers. Indiana State Police Sgt. Dave Bursten says the switch to the FBI call center allows local workers to focus on their other duties and get some rest.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/fbi-takes-over-for-delphi-call-center-in-double-murder-investigation/

Just looking at a different avenue...without sounding disrespectful...maybe it is a popular trail, but looked quite isolated that day...

Indiana State Police say the FBI has taken over for the Delphi call center in the double murder investigation of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams.

The toll free, anonymous phone number to call in tips hasn&#8217;t changed, but calls will now be answered at the Federal Bureau of Investigation&#8217;s Major Case Contact Center. *Also, callers will have to follow a few prompts to report their information.

The people working at the Delphi call center were dispatchers from Carroll County and surrounding counties that were volunteering their time, whereas the FBI call center has hundreds of workers. Indiana State Police Sgt. Dave Bursten says the switch to the FBI call center allows local workers to focus on their other duties and get some rest.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/fbi-takes-over-for-delphi-call-center-in-double-murder-investigation/

I'm assuming the prompts are to help weed out some calls that may be redundant or deemed not helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases