IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The land owner has almost 39 contiguous acres. His home seems to be on another plot about a third of a mile away up the slope through the woods from the site.

attachment.php

Thanks, this zoomed in angle is much easier for me to estimate distance on and situate the house. I still think it's crazy bold to do this out in the open in broad daylight but I agree that the owner may not have seemed like a big risk given that distance/grade, etc.

The FBI is using electronic billboards across Indiana to seek information in the killings of two teenage girls slain during a hiking trip, a federal agent said Thursday.

FBI Supervisory Special Agent Robert Ramsey said several companies are working with the agency to use their digital billboards to solicit tips in the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams.

He said the billboards are displaying photos of the teens, an image of a man considered the main suspect in the killings, and a telephone tip line to enable authorities to spread "the widest blanket possible" in generating tips.

Ramsey said he wasn't sure how many digital billboards were being enlisted in that effort.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/nat...cle_b64fb67d-f444-562c-bc51-844d125fdc79.html

in the first pic I see a go t and hair and a backpack. the second pic isn't so clear. I can't tell if it's hair or a hat. Still see the backpack though.
Two different pics.
One is his hair the next he has hood up over his head.

Just looking at a different avenue...without sounding disrespectful...maybe it is a popular trail, but looked quite isolated that day...

If that's your idea of being disrespectful, I can't imagine how you are when you're being nice, lol. :) I think what you said is very possible.

While there has been a spike in the number of tips received, many people have turned to social media to swap theories about the suspect and how the girls were killed.

A spokesperson with ISP said sharing information this way may cause confusion or lead to someone being falsely accused.

There has been no arrest in the Delphi investigation. No one is in custody, please don't jump to conclusions if u c investigators working.
— Sgt. Tony Slocum (@ISPPeru) February 23, 2017

Report of arrest in Delphi Murder Investigation, Lebanon, IN is FALSE. Investigation continues. Person arrested for unrelated civil warrant
— Indiana State Police (@IndStatePolice) February 23, 2017

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...dia-to-report-tips-on-murders-of-delphi-teens

Re: clothing.

Those of us in rural areas often don't have access to a mall within reasonable driving distance. What we do have is access to stores that sell everything we need. Places like Rural King, Big R, Tractor Supply, etc. You can buy candy, an air compressor, a new rifle, animal feed, a new battery for your mower, and a new wardrobe for work. Then you run over to whatever big grocery store they have in that town to stock up on essentials that aren't sold at your small town grocer. Big R doesn't supply the latest trends in clothes. The wardrobe dept. looks like the county fair threw up. Cowboy hats and cowboy boots, Wranglers and flannels. You don't spend $80 on jeans to wear to a construction site, factory, hopping barbwire fences, mucking stalls, etc.

The rest of your wardrobe/hat collection comes from old/current jobs and local company giveaways. I don't think I've ever purchased a ball cap in my life, yet I wear a hat every day at work.

Also, I think it's best that we leave the hat option open. For one, I know people like my husband who live in a ball cap. He wore one until 5 minutes before our wedding and had it back on at the reception. He puts it on the minute he towels off out of the shower and slips it off right before bed and I think he'd actually sleep in it if I'd let him.

I just don't want to see anyone rule out a suspect for any reason, even something so stupid as whether or not he was wearing a hat. The same reason I get irritated reading headlines about BG's "deep" voice. Someone may think the voice sounds familiar, but might write it off because the person she knows doesn't have a "deep" voice and maybe her speakers aren't producing the correct pitch. These things might seem irrelevant to some, but to someone who's not quite sure whether to call in or not, it might be enough to tip the scales in the wrong direction. 3900 tips and no arrest yet. We don't know if they have the tip that will solve this yet. Someone out there knows this guy and someone may be hesitating to call for any number of reasons.

wow, I am just in awe of the efforts of all those involved to find this guy. They will find him, we have to hold on to that hope in this tragedy. Hope never hurts.

Really? Well did anyone see anything? Hear anything? Not blaming, looking at different possibilities....

The most important clue we have to identify this guy is that he was not with friends, family or coworkers between 1 and 3:30 pm on Monday 2/13.

A profile is an investigative tool used to narrow the focus of suspects police should be looking for.

You are not an investigator nor am I. :)

Oh yes I am! Just ask my ex! ;)

Delphi investigators expand plea for information to 46 states, raise reward fund

Police said at that time that they could not confirm if this suspect is local or from outside the area. To that end, the FBI is using digital billboards to get the word out nationally. As of Thursday afternoon, they were using approximately 6,000 electronic billboards in 46 states to ask for information about this case.

Here's a link to a thread for maps and facts, it's a good idea to read it up front. It saves us from being bombarded with the same questions over and over again .
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-maps-amp-timelines&p=13163455#post13163455

When we familiarize ourselves with the facts, we can be confident that we're not spreading misinformation. The last thing this case needs is more rumors and heresay . We need facts and theories based upon fact not wild speculation.

ya i would tend to agree, especially with it running right along the river and being back a ways from the owners house. I would say its plausible that he didnt know that it was private property. moo

While there has been a spike in the number of tips received, many people have turned to social media to swap theories about the suspect and how the girls were killed.

A spokesperson with ISP said sharing information this way may cause confusion or lead to someone being falsely accused.

There has been no arrest in the Delphi investigation. No one is in custody, please don't jump to conclusions if u c investigators working.
— Sgt. Tony Slocum (@ISPPeru) February 23, 2017

Report of arrest in Delphi Murder Investigation, Lebanon, IN is FALSE. Investigation continues. Person arrested for unrelated civil warrant
— Indiana State Police (@IndStatePolice) February 23, 2017

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...dia-to-report-tips-on-murders-of-delphi-teens

(BBM) THIS is the point I have been making.

Slocum says cases are often solved with the help of information from the public.

“A lot of the tips have allowed us to actually mark suspects off our list so-to-speak,” Slocum says. “But, we’re looking for the tip that gives us a suspect and/or suspects that we can hold accountable for the murder of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.”

The reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect has also increased to $50,000.

http://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/delphi-murder-tips-double-after-audio-release-reward-announcement

One thing about LE revisiting the area-

They have the video. They know that she began filming him on the bridge. I am guessing that he took control of them in some way on the bridge. With that known, they will be able to hear based on footsteps, when they went from walking on the cross-ties of the bridge, to walking in the leaves. They may also be able to hear if they stepped in water of if the ground changes to to sand. I am betting the video continued through the entire event. This would provide a lot of insight to them as to how fast they were moving through the woods. They can probably analyze the frequency of the footsteps to determine how fast they were walking and they know how tall Abby and Libby are. I really think that video can be used to get them very close to the actual path they walked. Knowing where and how fast they walked can give LE an idea of whether or not he had already chosen the place he was taking them or if he walked them randomly until he found a spot that felt suitable.

Also, I wonder if the perp used either of their names? That would rule out a chance encounter and could support the idea of a scheduled meeting or at least that he knew they, Abby and Libby, would be there that day.

Not ruling out an additional perp is the strangest part of this to me. They have loads of evidence for a crime of this nature. I feel they know for sure whether or not there is an additional person involved in the actual abduction and murders. I believe the phone continued recording after both girls were killed and it should be easy to tell if it is one or more people walking away. I'm confused as to why they aren't saying one way or another - we believe this individual acted alone or we have reason to believe he had an accomplice.

If the little girl recorded his voice etc..Im assuming she had her mobile? I wonder why she didn't try calling someone? (maybe they haven't made that public), maybe she knew him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay