IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a belt......jk jk

I wish his photo was making the rounds in regular national news more, rather than just Indiana news and true crime forums. More people need to see those photos. I mean, when you know someone for years, you recognize their clothing style choices. You recognize the way they hold their head, the way they walk, their posture, the exact looseness or tightness of the sorts of things they like to wear. Unless he's a chronic wanderer (which isn't impossible), someone out there must know this guy. Like how you can recognize an old friend across a mall parking lot just from the way they walk, or how you can recognize your mom's 5-pixel blurry face way in the background of an old photograph. As long as someone out there on earth knows this guy, and isn't the type to protect a child killer, SOMEONE should be able to ID him. (Of course, maybe people already have and LE is just keeping it quiet because they need more evidence than "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Bob." It doesn't really sound like it, though? But what do I know, haha.)

IMO the best sleuths at this point are the local people. He shopped/ is shopping somewhere. He may have been on camera footage. The clothing may be long gone; though, perhaps, the crime scene visit was to look for those "Sonoma Lifestyle jeans" or that camo hat. How he was dressed that day only matters if you have a picture of him or spotted him that day or you've found a discarded garment which matches it in the vicinity. So if a local finds a camo hat under the bridge maybe it's worth sleuthing.

LE made it clear that you need to look closely at anyone who might have had the opportunity and inclination to have perpetrated this crime. There are clear signs.

#Find Him, indeed. He is among some of us. Those are the sleuths we seek.

Time for me to take a break, therefore.

I would also assume the fbi is telling them what to say and release to the public to. Not sure why they haven't released a profile of someone who would do this though

A profile and video of his gait would be good.

Have we seen a map of the private property? The land owner could have acres and acres. Property in rural area like that isn't always fenced in, I know ours isn't. The perp might not even known it was private property. It's very easy in places like that to not know you're on someone's land.

I've thought of that too and yes, there is a map that marks it here somewhere though having seen it I couldn't specify the acreage. But in broad daylight to know that you won't be interrupted by the owner coming down to do a little fishing or letting his dog out or that he/she won't even be in sight or shouting distance of you at any point might be a pretty big risk to take. But you are right that it might not have seemed that way if you or I were standing where the killer stood too.

I would also assume the fbi is telling them what to say and release to the public to. Not sure why they haven't released a profile of someone who would do this though

Because this isn't an episode of Criminal Minds and the general public has no use for a "profile."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A profile and video of his gait would be good.

People also don't realize just because they say someone is clear don't mean their clear. It is easier to talk to someone who thinks that. They also slip up.

Like a Red Alert psycho on the loose. Good  idea.

There are already phone alerts in many areas of the usa. I've received alerts on severe weather such as tornados and also traffic accidents, and once when there was a search on for armed robbers and another time escaped prisoners in my area.
This is one of the larger used alert systems. https://www.nixle.com/

I was reading a Fox59 post on FB about the presser. I noticed in one of the comments (I know, but stay with me a moment) there were remarks that an article was inaccurate that there had been no homicides in Delphi since the 80's. A woman who said she was related to Libby stated that was not correct as Libbey great grandparents were murdered in a double homicide in 1991. She mentioned their names. So I dug a bit and in fact there was a double homicide in Delphi in September of 1991. The victims last name is the same as Libbys grandfather listed in her obituary. I do not post this as a conspiracy theory or because of a revenge thing but mostly... Holy crap that poor family has been tormented time and again!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Which is most likely why she was vigilant and suspicious enough to try to get some evidence. I was raised to be extremely aware of my surroundings and always try to be thinking a step ahead. I think families that have been affected by murder are programmed by tragedy to be keenly vigilant.

I hope this is a funny story.

The night they were recovering Jessica Ridgway's body (and that was a nightmare with my eyes open), I was home alone. I live in a suburban area where the houses aren't real isolated but they aren't real close together. And my house backs up to the woods. It was late, past midnight. I had locked and checked all the windows and doors a couple of times.

And all of a sudden the house went BANG! like something big had hit the wall.

And then it went BANG! BANG! again.

Damn I jumped. Surprised there's not still a carbuff-shaped print on the ceiling. I thought the killer was about to come in and get me. I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bedroom with my cell phone trying to decided whether to call 911.

That's when one of the neighbors called, asking if I felt the earthquake.

Earthquake? We don't get those around here. It's not California :)

I felt very foolish. But I still didn't unlock the bedroom until morning.

Haha! I get jumpy too, but my husband is BAD. We had some kids ring and run a few months ago. Hubby checked the greenbelt across the road and sure enough there were two young kids laying in the grass, TERRIFIED of my husband (who looks massive to any child). He gave them a little talking to and we were certain they'd never try that again! Well the other night we hear WHAM! and hubby goes flying out the door looking for them again. I look outside and he has a flashlight all over the greenbelt....when it dawns on me...the washing machine upstairs just hit its spin cycle...hmm... I go look and there on the floor was hubby's crystal rocks glass on the floor and whisky spilled out of it. It fell off of the washer once the thing really started going. I think maybe he and I need to chill on the detective work...

I've thought of that too and yes, there is a map that marks it here somewhere though having seen it I couldn't specify the acreage. But in broad daylight to know that you won't be interrupted by the owner coming down to do a little fishing or letting his dog out or that he/she won't even be in sight or shouting distance of you at any point might be a pretty big risk to take. But you are right that it might not have seemed that way if you or I were standing where the killer stood too.

I saw the map outline and imo I would guess it's five acres at the very least (i'm terrible with measurements). But I was thinking as far as signs or fences, if we've seen concrete photos. There was a video linked a while back of the owner walking a reporter around, pointing to a creek (I don't know if it was THE creek) and there were no fences. Sometimes there are signs, but in this case, there might not have been. just something to think about.

ETA: Here's the link:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

I have a question for the person who is familiar with the packing plant. I cant remember their name. Could that jacket the blue one be one that the packers would wear? Do they wear the same jackets? Something about that plant just keeps me going back there. moo.

Because this isn't an episode of Criminal Minds and the general public has no use for a "profile."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they gave us the closest thing to a profile we needed (or locals maybe needed) when they said he may have been late to work or called in sick, may have changed his appearance suddenly, may be following the coverage closely, may be repeatedly emphasizing his supposed whereabouts on that day, etc...

I agree that the guy looks pretty normal. In the pic where his hair can be seen (imo it's def his hair) aside from the few w/long hair, his hairstyle looks like the most common style I see worn by a lot of guys in my area, this & the "buzzed" off style.

I apologize if this has been covered already as we are on thread #9 but did they ever talk about where they looked on that first night? I just wonder if they went through the area they later found the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay