Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the "Mother"in Philly that dumped her son in a park
He was also in a wheelchair.
I mention it because he was in a day program ( picked up by a van)and had case workers that checked up on him.
I wonder if Aleah was in any programs or had a case worker.

RSBM

What a horrifying scenario , los. This is sad and disturbing on many levels.

Part of me wishes she was taken by a well-intentioned relative who thought Aleah wasn't being properly cared for. But from Dateline NBC's FB, it sounds like not only her wheelchair but her MEDS were left behind as well ? :(
MOO

Have they brought in SAR dogs ?

2 things I've thought about with the medication. One is when looking at a list of medication for seizures, I noticed that Valium is on the list. Now, I don't know much about people selling pills but I am fairly certain that Valium is one of those medications that are sold on the street and therefore would be easy to get. The other is that in a munchausen by proxy situation, perhaps the seizures did not happen when away from home so maybe Aleah doesn't even need the medication.

How many adults are there in the house?

Who's who and whats the age of the household residents?

And how big is the house with how many exits?

Thanks in advance.

From what I've been able to put together from all the articles linked so far (and I didn't save them, this is all from memory)

Adults: mother, grandmother (possibly - unsure - articles are kind of choppy on that one) and dad/step-dad (currently in jail since late June on a weapons related charge)
Kids: Aleah and two younger sisters
House: 3 bdrm., 1 bath (8 rooms total), unsure of number of exits.

I mention it because he was in a day program ( picked up by a van)and had case workers that checked up on him.

I've wondered the same myself. With the extent of her disability, it would seem a normal thing for her to either have some sort of case worker or personal service worker. Unless of course the family just neglected to use those services and opted to care for her, themselves. I don't know if the grandmother actually lives in the home but she did say in several articles that her daughter (Aleah's mom) was sleeping on the couch the night Aleah went missing. Since it's only a 3 bedroom home, I'm still trying to sort out who slept where, and how many people actually lived there.

How many adults are there in the house?

Who's who and whats the age of the household residents?

And how big is the house with how many exits?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure as to who was really in the house that night but from the news, we can assume that the mother and Aleah were there and there were likely other children upstairs. I don't believe another adult was there although Aleah's grandmother speaks like she was there, she says "This house isn't the same without her. I cannot believe how much she filled the house." and "We miss her so very much. The house is so empty without her." That's a lot of talk about the house, IMO, almost like she lived there or at least stayed there a lot.

The house is ~2000 square feet with 2 floors (public record). Google Maps shows a front door with a window to the left of it. It's on a porch with a raised foundation and a few steps up to the porch. There is a ramp that runs along the right side of the house. Where it leads, we do not know. A back/side view of the house on Google shows a small porch in the rear on the right side with a door and a window. Depending on the year of the street view you look at on Google Maps, you can see a few other windows, some with AC units in them. The most recent is 2015 so things could have changed since then.

I drew up a map (on Paint, I suck at actually drawing) of what I personally think the downstairs layout is but it is absolutely not to be taken as fact and is probably wrong. It's just an assumption and it doesn't even include where a bathroom would be and I am 99% sure that must be on the first floor since again, it would be a huge inconvenience to carry Aleah up and down stairs to bathe her. The blue indicates a window although the location may be slightly off.

speculation floor plan.jpg

Oh, I cannot believe I forgot to mention this. I was talking to my husband about this case last night and he mentioned something that he had not told me yet. He said that on that first day that he heard about the search (would have been probably 7/20), he spoke with a cousin of Aleah's and she mentioned that the "person who did it" lived nearby. This was when they were searching trash cans and looking in tall grass on vacant lots, etc. Now this is all completely hearsay but I wonder if this cousin knew/knows something or was just told something when they started searching.

I work as a Support Worker for mostly Intellectualy disabled adults. Sorry I had 5 people at a time to keep track of and never lost anyone(these are not wheelchair bound people).

One wheelchair person lost is hinky to me.

I bet she had a case worker while she was in school but after that, she fell through the cracks in the system.

Here in NZ if they chose they can live in a house where they have support. My job is to support service users to live as independently as they can. While respecting their needs. Love my job.

Does anyone know if EPD have said if the house showed signs of being broken into?
The man that is in jail for firing a gun is he actually Aleah father?
Thanks in advance if anyone has answers.

Does anyone know if EPD have said if the house showed signs of being broken into?
The man that is in jail for firing a gun is he actually Aleah father?
Thanks in advance if anyone has answers.

EPD has said that they will not comment on whether or not the house showed signs of forced entry. I can't remember which article I saw that in.
They keep referring to Demarco Roach (the man in jail) as her father, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that he is her biological father. All 3 children have different last names, the only one that is the same as him is the youngest. There was a video of an interview of him and he was acting sad, but I didn't buy it, he seemed like he was really forcing the emotion. That's just my opinion

Sorry for the delay BS111315

:blushing: (my bad)

--- thanks for joining us...

:welcome6: to WS & to Aleah's thread...

:wave:

I bet she had a case worker while she was in school but after that, she fell through the cracks in the system.

She could still be in school. I believe federal law allows folks with intellectual disabilities to attend school through the year in which they turn 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She could still be in school. I believe federal law allows folks with intellectual disabilities to attend school through the year in which they turn 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true that she could be in school. I went to schools that had really great special education programs and as such, we had a lot of developmentally and physically disabled students and many were definitely over 18.

I just don't know if she is in school...my gut says no.

This is true that she could be in school. I went to schools that had really great special education programs and as such, we had a lot of developmentally and physically disabled students and many were definitely over 18.

I just don't know if she is in school...my gut says no.

The video in this article shows a picture of her wearing what looks like a graduation gown. I'd guess she isn't in school.
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...-needs-teen-continues-fbi-joins-investigation

The video in this article shows a picture of her wearing what looks like a graduation gown. I'd guess she isn't in school.
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...-needs-teen-continues-fbi-joins-investigation

Thanks for that link, the image looks old (she looks much younger) so I think it was middle school graduation but it could have been high school.

One thing of note in that video is that they were at "Sunburst Apartments" (they're actually called Woodland Park now) going door to door handing out flyers and asking if anyone knew anything. This apartment complex is ~4 miles south from Aleah's home, the complex is about 5 miles from Henderson. Hmm...

ETA: I wonder if they've searched all this farm area southeast of those apartments? There are "river camp" houses down there and it's summer so unlikely someone would have brought her all the way to the river but there is so much land out that way and it is not travelled very much. Google satellite map below.

woodland park apartments area.jpg

Such a shame it seems to be losing momentum in the news, no clues or leads well none that are being shared with the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod