Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Records Reveal Past Neglect Allegations Against Missing Teen's Mom; Beating Victim Now Fearful
Beaten, bloodied and confined, the thought of death crossed his mind. A day after an arrest was made, the man who police believe was savagely beaten into a false confession of a role in the disappearance of Aleah Beckerle, tells his harrowing tale to Eyewitness News. Meanwhile, a search through court records has revealed allegations of child neglect against Cara Beckerle, the mother of the missing teen.
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...-missing-teens-mom-beating-victim-now-fearful

Just absolutely disgusted: From a daughter with disabilities to a homeless boyfriend ... it's all society's most vulnerable who are being exploited and victimized in this case.

From the official EPD FB page (https://www.facebook.com/Evansville...1076485176/1397834470233824/?type=3&theater):

"The victim, 41 year old James Martin, told police he was held against his will by at least two people for several hours on July 21st. During his confinement at an address in the 1100 block of N 3rd, Martin said WOLLNER repeatedly hit him with a metal pipe and that an unknown woman assaulted him with her hands and feet. .... Martin was then driven to 403 E Iowa. Someone in the home called 911 .... Police arrived and heard WOLLNER, who is in a relationship with a family member of Aleah Beckerle , say “now tell them what you told me”. Police took Martin to headquarters to be interviewed. During the interview, Martin made statements implicating himself, but the investigators quickly believed he was not giving the statement of his own free will.
All BBM.

So the LE have known about the false confession, and that Mr. Martin was forced into it, since July 21st, or for over 2 weeks now, but the public had no idea. I continue to suspect there is so much more that LE know about but have not released to the public, for a good reason.

"On July 30th, police were contacted by a person who had knowledge of the incident and also provided police with a video of the victim. In the video, the victim is seen bleeding from the head. A female voice is heard demanding information about Aleah. Later in the video, an unknown male voice is off camera talking to Martin about lying about who beat him."

So, LE have known where the assault took place on the evening of the 21st, and where he was driven to later in the evening. On the 30th, they obtain a video in which "a female voice is heard demanding information about Aleah," and the search warrant for Aleah's mother's phone was granted 2 days later (August 1st). If the voice in the video were that of Ms. Beckerle, LE would likely recognize it. Now, that alone may not be enough to convict someone of intimidation, etc., but may be enough to compel a judge to issue a search warrant for the person's phone, so that LE can confirm the person's location at the time of the incident (i.e., intimidation, assault, criminal confinement, etc.) from the phone's/service provider's location history. Based on these types of information, LE could take the person into custody, IMO.

It sounds like the person who provided the video to LE may be ready to cooperate with LE (plus, it sounds as though there was another person present: The owner of the "unknown male voice"). As for Ms. Wollner, she already has 10 court cases (of which 8 are criminal, with 2 civil cases) currently pending, and then now this. Plus, she has such a length rap sheet, I suspect that she was already on probation of some sort. Perhaps she will change her mind and start talking, especially if LE agrees to reduce or drop some of the charges.

So there is Ms. Wollner, the person who provided the video to LE, the owner of the unknown male voice and the person to whom the "female voice" belongs (by the way, from the article: "an unknown male voice" vs. "a female voice" ... any significance?). The more people know what happened, the more likely someone is going to talk, IMO.

In addition to the fact that English is my second language, it has been a busy couple of days at home (will be living in a hotel for the next two weeks while daughter receives treatment at a hospital many states away ... :(), I am afraid I have been quite sloppy in posting comments. My apologies. Specifically, contrary to what I stated in the above post, I now realize that Mr. Martin is not involved with a family member of Aleah's. In addition, I see that I made several typos. Again, I apologize ....

http://www.14news.com/story/32696546/three-weeks-later-police-are-still-looking-for-aleah-beckerle

Law enforcement and cadaver dog teams were out canvassing spots in Evansville and Henderson on Friday, as the investigation into Aleah Beckerle's disappearance creeps into week three.

According to a lead detective in the case, through tips and investigative work, EPD developed a connection with led to the Pebble Creek apartments in Henderson.

Officers were canvassing the complex, asking people who live there if they have seen anything suspicious.

KY-K9 certified cadaver dogs, under request from the family, were at 403 East Iowa Street in Evansville on Friday. That's the home Aleah disappeared from three weeks ago.

Investigators would not say what they found or did not find inside the home.

So the family requested cadaver dogs at their house? This just gets weirder and weirder. Maybe it was someone not in the immediate family?

I saw where bond conditions were set for Wollner. Is she actually put on bond? If so, if I were Mr. Martin, I'd be really cautious.

I saw where bond conditions were set for Wollner. Is she actually put on bond? If so, if I were Mr. Martin, I'd be really cautious.

Yes, I read $20,000 bond on one of the news station websites. :\ I feel so bad for that man and I hope nothing happens to him.

I wonder what James Martin's connection is to the family? The idea that you could just beat someone with a pipe until they confess to a crime seems far fetched in the extreme....as soon as the person is in police custody, there is nothing to keep them from recanting, which is exactly what happened. So unless Wollner and her accomplices are galactically stupid, maybe there is more to that? I would doubt they would just pick this guy out of a hat....

I agree mom looks tweaked in the interview....plus her laughing and fidgeting...her eyes do look dilated. Of course almost everyone involved in this case is a druggie or a repeat felon, so no surprise there.

The dog being there bothers me. I have owned many in my lifetime, from yorkies to dobermanns. I have lived in small apartments and big houses. The one constant, is no matter the dog or circumstance, they have ALL lost their minds when someone comes through the front door. Or even jiggles the handle on the front door, for that matter. So whoever took Aleah would have to be family or a trusted friend, if there was an abduction at all.

I wonder what James Martin's connection is to the family? The idea that you could just beat someone with a pipe until they confess to a crime seems far fetched in the extreme....as soon as the person is in police custody, there is nothing to keep them from recanting, which is exactly what happened. So unless Wollner and her accomplices are galactically stupid, maybe there is more to that? I would doubt they would just pick this guy out of a hat....

I agree mom looks tweaked in the interview....plus her laughing and fidgeting...her eyes do look dilated. Of course almost everyone involved in this case is a druggie or a repeat felon, so no surprise there.

The dog being there bothers me. I have owned many in my lifetime, from yorkies to dobermanns. I have lived in small apartments and big houses. The one constant, is no matter the dog or circumstance, they have ALL lost their minds when someone comes through the front door. Or even jiggles the handle on the front door, for that matter. So whoever took Aleah would have to be family or a trusted friend, if there was an abduction at all.

My dogs have all been there same... all in tune with the doors. Even a trusted person got barked at until my dogs recognized them and quieted. Nobody makes it through without some sort of audible dog alert. :-/

People that are on meth rarely show any emotion. Sometimes they may laugh a bit. Dialated pupils are one of the signs too, even when camera's bright lights are on them, like for an interview....

The interview that Paige from channel 14 did, that was aired last night, Paige seemed to make a point of stating that the family told her not to approach the dog because he was aggressive.
The media is seeming to put more and more out, and to me, seems to have a tone of yup, we're on the all this doesn't add up page.
I feel with everything that's been released, it's a matter of time before she is found and arrests are made. MOO

All I can say is "WWWWOOOOWWWW" to all of the new developments. The interviews on channel 14 news makes me feel they are asking certain questions to get someone to slip up. The only time I saw the mom show any form of an emotion is when they asked about her ex in Henderson.

People that are on meth rarely show any emotion. Sometimes they may laugh a bit. Dialated pupils are one of the signs too, even when camera's bright lights are on them, like for an interview....

I noticed that she rarely blinks too. Totally strange interview....I literally had to force myself to watch the whole thing as she was absolutely creeping me out.

:welcome:

Finally had a few minutes to watch that last video. :facepalm: Good thing they didn't show the mess like they said they wouldn't.

Based on what the mom says here, or rather what she doesn't say, it's as if she really wants people to believe her ex, who is in Henderson, has Aleah or at least has something to do with it. I'm going to assume "ex" is Aleah's biological dad, based on the surnames of the family members (which we're not sleuthing, by the way). I wonder how long it will be before media tracks down Mr. Henderson and shares what he thinks of all this.

I do have to wonder about the lack of searchers turning out. Does the local community not believe the story and figure Aleah is already gone?

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...-missing-teens-mom-beating-victim-now-fearful

According to the probable cause affidavit, Martin was taken to Wollner's home by his nephew on the premise that the group was going to be hanging out. Once Martin arrived, his nephew was ordered to leave the house with a woman identified as Patera to get a cord to a video camera. The would not let Martin leave and refused to let the nephew back inside the house, according to affidavit.

Hmm, "hanging out"... Pretty sure I know what that means... Regardless, I still feel bad for this man. No one (well, except maybe murderers and child abusers) deserves to be beaten like this man was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum