Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Newbie here but Evansville resident. Thursday (Aug 7th I believe) there was a huge storm and knocked out power all over the city. Some residents, particularly residents in that area, were without power for several days. Some were not restored until Sunday the 10th. A wheel chair would need to be charged to run, correct? Thinking about this factor makes me speculate on the fact that Aleah may have been left alone in a house without power during that time because her wheel chair might not have been charged. No air conditioning, no supervision. Just my thoughts.

Hi Newbie here but Evansville resident. Thursday (Aug 7th I believe) there was a huge storm and knocked out power all over the city. Some residents, particularly residents in that area, were without power for several days. Some were not restored until Sunday the 10th. A wheel chair would need to be charged to run, correct? Thinking about this factor makes me speculate on the fact that Aleah may have been left alone in a house without power during that time because her wheel chair might not have been charged. No air conditioning, no supervision. Just my thoughts.

Welcome! Do you mean July 7th?

I don't think she had an electric wheelchair. There is a glimpse of her chair in the 14 news interview and it looks pretty small, electric ones are usually bulkier than that. Plus Aleah wouldn't have the mental capability to control one. The only actions I've heard of her doing was hold her bottle and roll a toy truck against the wall.

The power being out may well be a factor in whatever happened to her though.

I don't think she had an electric wheelchair. There is a glimpse of her chair in the 14 news interview and it looks pretty small, electric ones are usually bulkier than that. Plus Aleah wouldn't have the mental capability to control one. The only actions I've heard of her doing was hold her bottle and roll a toy truck against the wall.

The power being out may well be a factor in whatever happened to her though.

I think it was an electric chair. A regular wheelchair folds usually, and Her chair has been said to not fit in a car. The photos I have seen look nothing like the non electric ones we use in a hospital. The newer chairs are not bulky, especially child ones. I'd bet the house that it was an electric chair. I've had many patients who have electric chairs who themselves cannot function them.

I think it was an electric chair. A regular wheelchair folds usually, and Her chair has been said to not fit in a car. The photos I have seen look nothing like the non electric ones we use in a hospital. The newer chairs are not bulky, especially child ones. I'd bet the house that it was an electric chair. I've had many patients who have electric chairs who themselves cannot function them.

I can collaborate this. My daughter is in a similar situation to Aleah (cerebral palsy) and similar functional capacity. She has a motorized electric wheelchair that she does not control, it just makes it easier to transport her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband's step sister has cerebral palsy and her wheelchair looks almost exactly like Aleah's and it is NOT electric. think it just doesn't fold down as easily or as much as a regular wheelchair.

It's a lot like this one: http://invamedicalwarehouse.com/product/ic-958lbhp-cerebral-palsy-wheelchair/

Now that I think of it, I think Aleah's CAN fit in a car, it's just a PITA to fold it down that much.

attachment.php

bringing this pic forward as it shows Aleah in her chair.

Attachments

• aleah.jpg
    aleah.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 532
attachment.php

bringing this pic forward as it shows Aleah in her chair.

unless the newer models do not have the controls on/near the arm rests, thus does J look like an electric version. JMO

RE: July 7th. I was thinking more along the lines that family would need to leave the home during the days that the power was out and would have no way to transport her if the wheel chair was not charged. Just clearing that up. Thanks for the welcome!

That looks like wheelchairs that clients I work with have. They are manual and electric. The motor can be disconnected and enable it to be used manually.

One of the MSM articles this week was confusing regarding the electronic devices seized. I assume this means the the warrant covered the removal of the devices from the home but I believe they still have to wait for the service providers to give them access to the phones. I think those are 2 separate warrants. Computers can likely be searched without any additional warrant but the access to a cell phone would have to be through a warrant to the carrier
which could take weeks/months.

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...-into-aleah-beckerles-disappearance-continues

Up in the middle of the night for no reason. Decided to check in on our girl. A little mopey about the lack of activity. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by a group admin on why Aleah's mother is not searching: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1568070126822082/permalink/1576596285969466/

This is allowed per the social media rules unless I'm reading them wrong. The OP is definitely an admin and has been from the get-go.

In case it is deleted (all the good stuff there eventually is), here is the pertinent information: Aleah's mother was "life flighted to an Indy hospital with a deadly infection in her chest after a work accident several days prior. Doctors there placed her in an induced coma for 10 days to eliminate all stimulation after surgery." She came home on July 1st.

Post by a group admin on why Aleah's mother is not searching: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1568070126822082/permalink/1576596285969466/

This is allowed per the social media rules unless I'm reading them wrong. The OP is definitely an admin and has been from the get-go.

In case it is deleted (all the good stuff there eventually is), here is the pertinent information: Aleah's mother was "life flighted to an Indy hospital with a deadly infection in her chest after a work accident several days prior. Doctors there placed her in an induced coma for 10 days to eliminate all stimulation after surgery." She came home on July 1st.

Besides the grandmother, were there other caretakers? I just wonder who took care of Aleah while her mother was in the hospital.

Besides the grandmother, were there other caretakers? I just wonder who took care of Aleah while her mother was in the hospital.

That could also explain how she slept through whatever happened, if she did. A little over 2 weeks out of the hospital, she was probably on painkillers and still exhausted.

That could also explain how she slept through whatever happened, if she did. A little over 2 weeks out of the hospital, she was probably on painkillers and still exhausted.

True but it doesn't explain the little sister sleeping right there and not hearing a thing. Unless she had on headphones or ear plugs or something but nothing like that has been stated.

I suppose their bigass dog was wearing earplugs too so didn't hear a thing!

I suppose their bigass dog was wearing earplugs too so didn't hear a thing!

Seriously. My rottie is almost 10 and not long for this world as he has fast growing bone cancer, but he's still all over it if someone even comes near my house. Those guys don't have an off switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member