Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post by a group admin on why Aleah's mother is not searching: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1568070126822082/permalink/1576596285969466/

This is allowed per the social media rules unless I'm reading them wrong. The OP is definitely an admin and has been from the get-go.

In case it is deleted (all the good stuff there eventually is), here is the pertinent information: Aleah's mother was "life flighted to an Indy hospital with a deadly infection in her chest after a work accident several days prior. Doctors there placed her in an induced coma for 10 days to eliminate all stimulation after surgery." She came home on July 1st.
The admins only put out what they want to be read. Wasn't another admin arrested recently? I appreciate you posting this, and taking the effort to do so. Info just trickles out, but when someone can legitimately question it or offer proof of their observances, they are deleted and shut down comments. IMO, it's just as bad as the free for all FB pages.

True but it doesn't explain the little sister sleeping right there and not hearing a thing. Unless she had on headphones or ear plugs or something but nothing like that has been stated.

Agreed. I still have lots of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but it doesn't explain the little sister sleeping right there and not hearing a thing. Unless she had on headphones or ear plugs or something but nothing like that has been stated.

Kids sleep through everything.

I have two kids right around her age, and I could probably drive a semi through their room at night and not wake them.

Kids sleep through everything.

I have two kids right around her age, and I could probably drive a semi through their room at night and not wake them.
Lol we did drive a Harley up the steps and into the living room back when my kids we're about that age . They slept right thru it in our old small house

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jealous of all the parents with heavy sleepers! Mine leap out of bed at any indication of something interesting. :-/

Everything wakes me up and has since I was a kid. A squirrel, outside, 100 years away, eating a nut would wake me up.

The admins only put out what they want to be read. Wasn't another admin arrested recently? I appreciate you posting this, and taking the effort to do so. Info just trickles out, but when someone can legitimately question it or offer proof of their observances, they are deleted and shut down comments. IMO, it's just as bad as the free for all FB pages.

Interesting. You'd think if the health issue was known at the time of her disappearance that the reporters would have been all over it as in "Mother who just got out of ICU ..." Also, Evansville has hospitals with ICUs - having worked at one of the big Indy hospitals, generally the only things we get from Evansville adult-wise are major traumas and transplants.

It seems if this explanation has just recently been posted, someone, a journalist, a sleuther, a nosey person will do their best to check into it. Mother's Health Issue.

Interesting. You'd think if the health issue was known at the time of her disappearance that the reporters would have been all over it as in "Mother who just got out of ICU ..." Also, Evansville has hospitals with ICUs - having worked at one of the big Indy hospitals, generally the only things we get from Evansville adult-wise are major traumas and transplants.

I was trying to remember which hospitals you had in Evansville. My daughter went to USI. I was a little mystified at the airlift to Indianapolis. If I remember it sounded like she had muscle moved from leg(?) to chest(?). Is that an Indy specialty? All I could think was St. Vincent's.

I have been following this case from the beginning, and I just don't know what to think :( I want this girl to be found! And I want whomever is responsible to be brought to justice!

In this present case, I think we have a caregiver who lost control of themselves and the situation one night,

Or a frustrated and angry sibling. Quite a few years ago there was a study done in the UK looking at the impact a severely disabled child has on the family as a whole, but particularly on the other children in a household. Speaking to the other children rather than the parents, they found a very deep well of anger and frustration amongst the children who felt that they effectively ceased to exist except as additional unpaid cares for the disabled one. The guy who carried out the study described these children's lives as completely "blighted".

The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act allows individuals with identified special education needs to receive free and appropriate public education until the age of 22 years old.
I am curious when she stopped attending school. There are bridge programs that continue through summer designed for special education students who may backslide without daily classroom time.

I seem to recall reading earlier in this thread that Aleah's mental age was in the region of 6-12 months. If that is true, what sort of public education would be "appropriate" for someone with such a limited capacity? <modsnip>

Or are we talking about some form of physiotherapy to minimise limb atrophy?

I seem to recall reading earlier in this thread that Aleah's mental age was in the region of 6-12 months. If that is true, what sort of public education would be "appropriate" for someone with such a limited capacity? <modsnip>

Or are we talking about some form of physiotherapy to minimise limb atrophy?

We're actually talking about allowing people to be around other people, participate in the community in whatever way they can and continuing to learn. Having known and loved many people with various levels of disability <modsnip>

We're actually talking about allowing people to be around other people, participate in the community in whatever way they can and continuing to learn. Having known and loved many people with various levels of disability <modsnip>

So glad to read this. Special Ed has improved since my brother was bussed a long way from our local district to his classes. At the time, little was taught to help educate in any way remotely similar to "regular students" or to guide him toward an independent life, which he would have likely been a good candidate for. Of course, that was 50+ years ago.

<modsnip> While no one is saying Aleah should have been denied the opportunity to interact in an educational setting, I think the question regarding what type of education would be appropriate given her limited capacity is a legitimate question. I'm curious about that as well. I have an 18 yr old with a moderate developmental disability but she does (slowly) advance from year to year so the programs she was in at school advanced with her. If she had stopped advancing at some point I can't even imagine what kind of education she'd continue to receive - since technically - she wouldn't really be benefiting from it. Benefiting from the social interaction yes, but not so much the education aspect.

moo.

I was trying to remember which hospitals you had in Evansville. My daughter went to USI. I was a little mystified at the airlift to Indianapolis. If I remember it sounded like she had muscle moved from leg(?) to chest(?). Is that an Indy specialty? All I could think was St. Vincent's.

In addition to St. V's, there are two additional hospitals in Indianapolis, that are verified Level I Trauma Centers: IU Healt Methodist and Eskenazi Health (plus Riley Hospital for Children). Evansville only has Level II Trauma Centers, Deaconess and St. Mary's.
Source: http://www.in.gov/isdh/24972.htm

In addition, University of Louisville Hospital, a Level I Trauma Center, is located approximately 2 hours away from Evansville (by car) vs. Indy, which is 3 hours away.

With the understanding that every situation is different, depending on condition, urgency, insurance, etc. (e.g., when my aunt, who lived about 45 minutes north of Eveansville at the time, went to St. Mary's in Evansville and was diagnosed with very late-stage cancer -she passed away a couple of month later-, she was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN by ambulance, a 2.5-hour drive; she was on Medicare at the time). I'm somewhat familiar with the Evansville area, in that my parents have lived there for the last 20 years (plus, my mom suffers from a chronic neurological condition), and Indianapolis is not the first place that comes to mind as far as locations where people from the Evansville area in dire medical situations seek treatment or are referred to. Also, as others have pointed out, I, too, think it's rather unusual that the information regarding this very recent health scare on the mother's part is being talked about only on the FB page, and that as far as I can tell, no MSM outlets have mentioned it.

I'm sorry about your dog. I do agree with you, they don't have an off switch. The day I went over to my friend's house to say goodbye to their rottie (cancer) she barked & barked until she realized it was me. My 13.5 year old lab barked at the door until he knew who it was, even on the day he died in March.

My youngest is at USI- we're heading back there tomorrow for her Junior year!

I was looking for recent photos of Cara Beckerle. Being the doubting, distrustful person I am, I wanted to see her right arm after having bicep muscle removed. Can't find anything other than a news interview and it's hard to see the arm.

I was looking for recent photos of Cara Beckerle. Being the doubting, distrustful person I am, I wanted to see her right arm after having bicep muscle removed. Can't find anything other than a news interview and it's hard to see the arm.

This is a still from the YouTube video: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d86BKN91Y_w/maxresdefault.jpg

[video=youtube;d86BKN91Y_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86BKN91Y_w[/video]

Her right bicep looks slightly smaller than her left but it could just be the way she's sitting. If you watch the video, you can see some sort of scar on her chest at certain angles.

EDIT: Later in the video, when she is in Aleah's room, you can see her moving around and pointing with her right arm. I don't buy that story after re-watching the video, at least not the muscle being removed from her arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper