Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like she might have had a muscle flap surgery. My friend's twin brother had one on his chest after a motorcycle accident. The first couple weeks they had him limit movement, but after that they encourage movement because it helps get the blood pumping and thus discourages tissue rejection and reduces scarring. I don't know if that's the norm though, or just in his case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you Mountaingazer! I have never heard of this so wasn't sure what it involved. I guess I just think of how painful a muscle is when it is cut and with the infection and then having a coma induced for ten days, I would think the recovery would be pretty slow.

Again speculation and MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by a group admin on why Aleah's mother is not searching: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1568070126822082/permalink/1576596285969466/

This is allowed per the social media rules unless I'm reading them wrong. The OP is definitely an admin and has been from the get-go.

In case it is deleted (all the good stuff there eventually is), here is the pertinent information: Aleah's mother was "life flighted to an Indy hospital with a deadly infection in her chest after a work accident several days prior. Doctors there placed her in an induced coma for 10 days to eliminate all stimulation after surgery." She came home on July 1st.

So let me get this straight, she was sent via lifeflight to Indy 2 days after Demarco Roach was arrested for firing a weapon inside of the house? Based on the June 19th date they are claiming she was lifeflighted, say she had surgery on 6/20 then spent 10 days in a medically induced coma as they state you're telling me they sent her home with a day or 2 of bringing her out of the "medically induced coma". Anyone else find that odd?

So let me get this straight, she was sent via lifeflight to Indy 2 days after Demarco Roach was arrested for firing a weapon inside of the house? Based on the June 19th date they are claiming she was lifeflighted, say she had surgery on 6/20 then spent 10 days in a medically induced coma as they state you're telling me they sent her home with a day or 2 of bringing her out of the "medically induced coma". Anyone else find that odd?

*raises hand*

Yup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you Mountaingazer! I have never heard of this so wasn't sure what it involved. I guess I just think of how painful a muscle is when it is cut and with the infection and then having a coma induced for ten days, I would think the recovery would be pretty slow.

I'm an RN, and the whole ten day induced coma doesn't sit well with me for several reasons. If possible, we almost always try to get people moving asap after surgery mostly to limit the development of emboli. We don't want pressure ulcers or catheter infections. We try to make them turn, cough, and deep breathe... Second, I think something else was at play here. The reason given could easily been alleviated with medications. I too believe, if accurate in description, it was a muscle flap surgery. The original news story way back then described it much differently in the comments by family members. I have had people admitted to my floor a couple of times who needed emergency surgery, and was kept sedated, not comatosed, because they were going through withdrawal and were extremely noncompliant. I am on the fence, because even though I have seen a lot, I haven't seen everything. But, if it was that bad, I honk the would have been started much sooner, and this would have been used for sympathy early on.

I'm an RN, and the whole ten day induced coma doesn't sit well with me for several reasons. If possible, we almost always try to get people moving asap after surgery mostly to limit the development of emboli. We don't want pressure ulcers or catheter infections. We try to make them turn, cough, and deep breathe... Second, I think something else was at play here. The reason given could easily been alleviated with medications. I too believe, if accurate in description, it was a muscle flap surgery. The original news story way back then described it much differently in the comments by family members. I have had people admitted to my floor a couple of times who needed emergency surgery, and was kept sedated, not comatosed, because they were going through withdrawal and were extremely noncompliant. I am on the fence, because even though I have seen a lot, I haven't seen everything. But, if it was that bad, I honk the would have been started much sooner, and this would have been used for sympathy early on.

I too am in the medical field and the statements made did not quite add up for me.
I have been tossing around MRSA or other from multi injection at that particular site.

I think this kind of "study" is kind of ridiculous. Families vary so much. I know people who have children with severe disabilities. And the other children in the family don't have any anger toward the child with the disability. No more than the regular feelings kids have towards siblings. I think it really goes back to the parents. If you have crappy parents...then maybe the chance of stuff like that is going to be great. But it's insane to me to lump all families together like that. It serves absolutely no purpose, for one thing. And like I said...families are so different. The ones I know all see their children as blessings. Even the siblings feel the same. They are typically very protective of the sibling with a disability as well.

<modsnip>

This research was carried many years ago but it was undertaken by senior researchers in the sociology department of a decent British university, not anecdotal and personal experience. I learned about it when it was the subject of a 15 minute interview on BBC Radio 4's flagship news and current affairs programme, Today.

Its findings included that:

* Many parents, especially mothers, are in denial about the impact of a seriously disabled child on the rest of their children.
* Having a seriously disabled child is very commonly a cause of the father walking out, leaving an even more stressed mother to cope with the situation.
* The other children typically have far poorer life chances, such as:
- Not being able to go on holiday like their friends because there are (or at least were at that time) far fewer facilities able to accommodate the disabled child
- Holidays and even ordinary days out being cancelled at the last minute because of health crises affecting the disabled child.
- Parents pulling out of attending school plays and sports days at the last minute ditto, disappointing children who had put in huge amounts of work for the event.
- Parents having neither the time nor energy to help the other children with school work.
- The other children having to sacrifice their own childhood and teenage years to having to help care for the disabled child instead of having their own lives, friends etc.

While other, earlier, studies had concentrated on interviewing the mothers these difficulties were glossed over or denied. By interviewing adult children who had grown up with a severely disabled sibling, this study uncovered what those earlier ones had not, ie that there was significant widespread anger and resentment expressed by the interviewees towards the disabled sibling. Not by all, by a long shot, but alarmingly many of them admitted that at times they had wanted to harm or even kill the disabled child, and a few admitted they had actually harmed him or her, such as slapping, pinching or hair pulling. Most of them felt that they had not had the carefree childhood and adolescence their friends had had. Many expressed fear that any independence they established as adults was expected to be temporary and that they were expected to give up their lives later on to look after their sibling when their mother no longer could.

Why is this relevant? Because there were other children in Aleah's household.

Could a 13 year old have been capable of putting a pillow over Aleah's face and leaning on it? Yes, of course. As the British study revealed, many children in the sister's situation do have periods of wanting to harm their seriously disabled sibling so it is not impossible that she could have done so. A young teenager, with the impaired impulse control of someone of her age, is probably just as likely to "snap" and take it out on the disabled child as the mother is.

A number of posters on this thread have commented on the fishy behaviour of Aleah's mother, suggesting that she knows more than she is letting on. What if what she knows is that one of her children killed one of the others? Is her behaviour not consistent with trying to cover up something like that?

In cases like this it's normal these days to look at the parents or other adults in the household and most posters have understandably raised questions about the mother and her current boyfriend. Based on memories of that earlier study I immediately started to wonder about the other children.

I just want to point out that the family has stated this but who knows if that is actually true. I personally believe they underestimated Aleah and treated her like she was a baby even though she likely was much further developed. They've already stated that she didn't talk and then later said she can say/mutter some things that are understandable. It's not that far-fetched to think that they underestimated her mental capacity as well.

I seem to recall reading elsewhere on this thread that the family would have been receiving various state payments for Aleah, so presumably there would have been some degree of professional assessment of her capabilities and needs. I assumed this is where the 6-12 months mental age came from but perhaps I'm wrong about that.

I too am in the medical field and the statements made did not quite add up for me.
I have been tossing around MRSA or other from multi injection at that particular site.

In this interview from July 20th you can catch some type of wound on her upper chest because she is wearing a tank top. There's definitely something going on there. No one ever mentioned her job field so I don't know what work injury would cause a necrotising faciatis-like infection but MRSA is also highly contagious if it was something along the line of MRSA. She would have needed weeks of IV antibiotics. I've been there, I nearly died however it was only in my soft tissue not muscle and I was treated for it in Evansville, we have infectious disease doctors practicing locally.

http://m.14news.com/14news/db_345625/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=B0ECZFFg

I wonder if someone put alcohol in her bottle to help her sleep. But put too much or something.

Some people in the past use to put a dab or drop of rum in their kids milk. Idk.

Old school remedies gone wrong maybe?

The classic old school remedy was laudanum, ie opium resin dissolved in brandy or other spirit. Here in the UK it was commonly used from the mid 17th century into the early 20th century by mothers to send babies to sleep so they could get on with other work. Laudanum was an OTC drug in this country until 1920.

Is it possible that Aleah was hit by this bullet from the gun shot in the house? It wasn't directly, but ricocheted off something and hit her, killing her?

Somehow Aleah was rushed out of the house to who knows where. Perhaps Mom was already sick at this time and not fully alert to what is going on around her. Then Mom has her hospital stay, returns home, and the story about Aleah disappearing comes out.

Recalling the story never made sense from the first time it was told on how Aleah disappeared. IMO. I do not believe Mom was released two days after a medically induced coma and Mom did not have that gaunt look one has after having surgery and being in a coma for 10 days. I do believe the real story is going to start unraveling piece by piece

My opinions only.

I find the whole story pretty suspect, but I just wanted to throw out there what recovery times might look like in a "normal" scenario. This one is definitely anything but normal!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wait...hold up... on that justice for Aleah FB page....there's a screenshot from someone who was watching Aleah on July 14th! Soooo, wondering when Aleah went back home?

All I know, that child did NOT crawl or walk out of that home on her own!!

A kidnapper/abductor wouldn't have a need for someone as medically challenged as Aleah! IMO, they would have taken one of the other girls instead. Assuming from other kidnapping cases where the kidnapper wanted a child for bad reasons.

Parental abduction would make sense "IF" all kids had been taken, or say a mother felt their disabled child wasn't being cared for, and courts wouldn't give them custody, etc., then yes, I could see a mother taking their own child. However, in this case, isn't the father in prison? Was he ever really involved in Aleah's life and care?

The ONLY reason I can see someone kidnapping Aleah, would be a ransom, or revenge type situation. Like someone owed money, or to keep someone quiet about something illegal. Again though, why the child that requires the most attention and help? Why not one of the other kids that wouldn't have been as much work?

Nothing adds up for a kidnapping, IMO. The motive just doesn't appear to be there.

And that Rottie being in the home.....I have a Rottie. The majority of people that I have personally interacted with, and experienced when seeing my Rottie are afraid of her! Knowing nothing about her personality, just the sight of her, and people are afraid. There is NO WAY a stranger went into that home, and wasn't rattled by the sight of the Rottie! My Rottie doesn't bark at every noise. Some of my dogs do, but not the Rottie, when she barks or growls, I KNOW something is up. Might just be a stranger turning around in my driveway, but she knows the difference in OUR vehicles, and those that visit often and a stranger's vehicle. Rottie's are guard dogs by nature. They can be huge sweethearts, yet they don't typically like strangers just walking into their domain.

How would a stranger even know Aleah existed or the layout of the home to find her? Nope, didn't happen, IMO!

One month recap from 14 News: http://www.14news.com/story/3278431...of-aleah-beckerles-investigation-from-day-one

Video screenshot showing mom searching on July 20th, you can clearly see her right arm and I see NO evidence of a recent surgery...

mom july 20.jpg

She's wearing a tank top, wouldn't this have been WIDELY reported/rumored if this surgery thing actually happened? I think maybe family doesn't know the whole truth...

I'm new here (brought here by beautiful Sierah's story) and been reading/lurking. I'm unfamiliar with how search parties normally work. I know how they've worked with a couple local cases to me but is the norm to only have 18 & older only search? I get the why behind it (in case something horrible is found) but in the 2 searches I participated in, it was anyone/everyone and every single day until they were found, which was 1 day on one and 5 days on the other. I guess my confusion lies with the thought of not allowing everyone to search and limiting it to only Saturday & Sunday's to search. I would like to think if I wasn't capable of searching due to a medical issue my family and friends would be there in my place, leaving no stone unturned.

Not sure if this question is allowed (don't want to get in trouble so please remove if it's not allowed or let me know) but was it mentioned anywhere if Aleah was present during the shooting in the home the month prior & if she had been seen by anyone outside the family after that incident? All of this is so odd. I hope this precious young woman is found.

One month recap from 14 News: http://www.14news.com/story/3278431...of-aleah-beckerles-investigation-from-day-one

Video screenshot showing mom searching on July 20th, you can clearly see her right arm and I see NO evidence of a recent surgery...

View attachment 99929

She's wearing a tank top, wouldn't this have been WIDELY reported/rumored if this surgery thing actually happened? I think maybe family doesn't know the whole truth...

Thank you for posting the recap video. One month later, one question I still have that has not been answered: When was the last time someone outside the family -not related to them in any way whatsoever- saw Aleah? I understand completely neighbors not wanting to talk; given the arrests of family members and the nature of their alleged crimes, I would be very much afraid of possible retaliations, too. I still find it so unusual for not a single person to even casually mention, during an interview, something along the lines of "When we all lost power during the storm back in July, I saw Aleah sitting on the porch with her family and ..." or "When I heard that her mom was in the hospital, I was worried about Aleah and her sisters, so I took some food over, and she was sitting there ...," etc. I also read plenty of articles on similar cases in which reporters allow those being interviewed to use their first names only or even pseudonyms, stating precisely that they are afraid of being retaliated. I have not seen anything like that in Aleah's case.

I also think it's odd that we haven't heard anything from neighbors, friends of the family, or other family members saying when they last saw Aleah.
I have two theories. What if something happened before the date the police were called. Could have been days, could have been longer, but if there was anything to hide they would have had more time to cover their tracks. I'm still not convinced that the abandoned house that was burnt a few days later didn't have something to do with this. Even if it was only setup as a distraction. I'm not sure that there was foul play, but even if it was accidental, Cara may have panicked.
My other theory is that the family actually had nothing to do with this. Sure, things seem strange with the family, but who knows how to act in a situation like this? It's known that Demarco Roach is no angel, and what if someone really did kidnap Aleah as retaliation for something? The common argument is "but why the disabled child?" Maybe because they didn't plan to keep her for any extended period of time? Maybe they thought she'd be the quietest and easiest to remove from the home without a struggle? Maybe they didn't know her well enough to know she needed medication and diapers?
I'm worried that there won't be a positive outcome, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

In regard to Aleah being quiet, what I've read from family and neighbors is that while she didn't have much if any meaningful communication, she regularly yelled or made exclamatory sounds every few minutes regardless of what was happening around her.

WAVE: One month in, a recap of Aleah Beckerle's investigation from day one
[...]
Those wanting to volunteer should meet at Garvin and Iowa Street at St. Joseph Catholic School's parking lot every Saturday and Sunday morning at 9. Search organizers say you must be 18 or older, wear proper clothing, and bring a photo I.D.
[...]
http://m.wave3.com/wave/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:IoWSNnJS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads