IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was she supposed to spend Christmas morning with this man? I can't understand leaving the kids with someone else on dates to include Christmas...

This reporter is saying that the clothes we have been told about are the clothes found in a pile...so what is she wearing? No one knows...

Grandma says that the child fell asleep in the chair, wanted to keep her dress on.

Now Grandma may have said it was the PJ's on he floor...did anyone catch that??

Had this man kept the girls before?
Yes, according to Grandma, he has done so while taking care of the Grandpa, close family friend for a long time...kids were used to being there, watching TV, playing games, etc...

So the FBI just arrives today, Aliahna has been missing since Friday. Left alone at 6am supposedly by her caretaker or fun vacation with MP. Not reported until 8 pm or so. Whoever had 14 hours or did they have from the start of Christmas vacation until last Friday since they were going to stay at a friends for Christmas vacation per the article posted about the neighbors reactions. Aliahna's friend. How sad. So her vacation may have started the week before like my grandchildren got out too.

This article states the FBI was involved on Saturday. :waitasec: As usual, there are conflicting reports! :banghead:

snip
on Saturday the FBI, fire departments, city, county, and state police agencies searched a five-mile-radius for the missing girl.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/n...ng-for-Missing-9-Year-Old-Girl-136207958.html

Maternal Grandmother on Nancy Grace SMFH!!! I wish Nancy would have said to her "Regardless if what it is like when it comes to leaving kids alone WHY would you leave her alone with other children when she's partially blind and deaf?"

Pits, rotts, and german shephards, are usually all considered dangerous, and I have seen all three as service dogs.

Here's the law in Indiana on what constitutes a "dangerous dog":

The ordinance defines a dangerous animal as one that fits one of the following descriptions:Constitutes a danger to human life or property.
Has caused serious injury to a person without having been provoked by the person.
Has chased or approached a person in a menacing fashion.
Because of its training or behavior, is capable of inflicting physical harm or death to humans.
The ordinance also limits to two the number of dangerous animals that a person can own.Pit bull advocates who attended Monday's council meeting said they were pleased that the final version of the ordinance didn't target specific breeds of dogs.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/10312848/detail.html

Grandma says all have been questioned, DNA has been taken, etc...does not mention lie detectors. Said dogs picked up a trail by her bus stop, which is also up at the road, which is a very busy road, Grandma thinks she walked there and was taken from the road.

FBI agents started searching the area on Monday morning. According to the Houston Chronicle, the FBI searched the mobile home park and a nearby storage facility for Lemmon as a hundred people gathered across the street for a candlelit vigil.
Read more - http://w.po.st/share/entry/redir?pu...ld Aliahna Lemmon in Indiana&sharer=copypaste

Salt heavily, as this article also says that MP is her stepfather.

Pat Brown says there are concerning behaviors or "careless parenting" and that child was missing so long without anyone knowing...why no calls, no checking, ec...
Of course she could have left on her, but there are other creepy people in he area too...everything on the table in this case, making it a challenge for LE, all of those RSO',s etc...

Lawyers-Eleanor says other kids need to be interviewed again. Grandma said one child saw her go out the door, thought she was going to be with her mom.

Grandma says that the man who was watching them talked to the mom and said girls are fine, all the time assuming Aliahna was with mom, while mom assumed she was with him...a miscommunication. The other children had told the man they saw her leave. He assumed all day she was with mom.

Grandma says that MP was up all night with Aliahna because she has nightmares, and that's why he went back to sleep after getting a cigar - he was exhausted.

If she hadn't slept most of the night, maybe she was in the beginning stages of her sleep cycle around 6:00 a.m..

ETA: I heard that on the NG video, not live: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2011/12/26/girl-vanishes-christmas-eve

Lawyer Alan R. wants to know how often, how far she went while sleepwalking..Grandma says she has been caught in the yard before, you would swear she was awake. She has made it out of the home.

I have the feeling that this guy has been taking care of these kids -- food and a place to live -- for quite a while.

It reminds me (in some ways) of my best friend. He's dead now, and his own kids grown, but over the years I knew him he had a fair number of different kids living at his house. You would never have known it to look at him, he was this big leather wearing biker kind of guy, but inside he was pure marshmallow. He didn't let these kids stay there because he particularly liked kids, he rarely really talked to them at all, he let them stay because they had nowhere else safe to go. They had parents who were abusive, who didn't feed them, in a few cases they didn't even allow them in their house -- they wanted the welfare check that being able to claim a kid allowed them, but the kid? Get out.

All he ever asked from any of them was that they treat him with some respect when they talked to him. Mostly he just ignored them. However, if one of them was in trouble or needed help, he was there for that as well.

Describing him so briefly doesn't really do him justice and it probably comes across all wrong to some who don't understand how things really are for kids from broken families. He was a safety net and the closest thing to a father that some of these kids had ever had. He was always there for them, until he died, always willing to understand, always encouraging them to do better and yet accepting them for who they were despite all their flaws. Like I said, he was my best friend, and the best man I have ever known. At his funeral a good half dozen of these kids came back, as young adults then, to pay their final respects.

Anyway, sorry, that was a bit off topic.

The point is that there are good people in this world. Sometimes you cannot judge them by their rough exterior or the mistakes they have made in their past. And sometimes, maybe as often as not, it is not the official duties of a "parent" -- the nice home, the designer clothes, the hovering concern over trivialities -- that make a difference in a child's life.

If what we have heard reported in this case is accurate, and we have no reason (no evidence) at this point to doubt it, this guy was a good guy. The family (mom and others), so far, have gone out of their way to vouch for him. And if the other two girls were not repeating the story that their older sister walked out the door on her own (and repeating it to both their own parents and the police) then I suspect we would have heard something more about it by now.

Which is a long way of saying that I am keeping an open mind at this point.

I hear what you are saying Chris. My mom was like that too when I was a teen. We had a few friends stay with us while having trouble with their parents. In fact, they were being abused by their parents. Another would have been homeless as a teen if it weren't for my mom taking her in. However non of these kids went missing on my moms time. And I am sure non of these kids went missing on your friends time.

Thus far, we have not heard from LE what the siblings told them directly. The only information we have heard about what the siblings said is from the adult who was responsible for babysitting them and the last person to see Aliahna alive.

It has yet to be confirmed by LE what exactly the relationship was between the grandfather and his roommate.

I'm not willing to dismiss the possibility that Aliahna, and her entire family were vulnerable for any number of reasons, and this family friend 'groomed them'. And that this family friend is just an innocent helpful friend found in these unfortunate circumstances. More often than not, the last person to see a missing persons alive is responsible. not always, but most often.

I for one would like to know more about the nature of the relationship between grandpa and the family friend, as well as the living situation. Were they both renters? Did one of them own and take the other in?

jmo and bbl, still not caught up but running out for sliders!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back