IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to say if but if this lil gal has slept walk OUT Of a house before ,then SHOULDN'T there be preventatives measures taken to ALERT someone if she does???? Like a door alarm or something???

hmm, not leave 2 to take 1 home in the wee hours, but doesn't hesitate to lock up all 3 to go get a smoke??? Seriously, and grandma says oops mistake?:maddening:
oh me

must keep mouth shut

Right. He said to NG producers that she awakened at 2:30 a.m. crying and wanted to go home to her mother but he didn't take her because he didn't want to leave the other two alone. Huh? But then he leaves all three alone later? Was it the age difference? (I did read from a neighbor that Aliahna took care of her sisters). Or was it that he left them alone because he was disposing of a problem that had been crying earlier?

None of this makes a lick of sense. And why aren't they asking Grandma what caused little Aliahna to have PTSD? Something is so off. A disabled, emotionally disturbed child, who must have gone through trauma already, is sent off to a single, 40 year old, unrelated man's house, a guy who has a criminal record?

I'm surprised she's survived this long, frankly.

Watching Nancy Grace. First that I've heard of this missing child. Grandmother babbling on and on, defending mother and "neighbor" babysitter. Not once has grandmother pleaded for her grandchild's safe return.

Sad to say, but this is sounding like another case like Zahra Baker whose stepmother couldn't deal with the child's handicap. jmo

This case is confusing, do you mean Aliahna when you say Ana? I have that her family calls her Ali, but not Ana. Can we maybe just use the whole name to avoid confusion. Hard enough to keep all the "characters" straight, let's make sure we are all talking about the same victim.

She is known by Aliahna, Ailey and Ana. Since there is only one missing child in this case, it shouldn't be too hard, I think.

Just a guess, but I'm guessing that the same grandma that says everyone makes mistakes to NG would probably say the same about the grandpa's sexual abuse of a minor child. With a family like that, did Ali ever stand a chance? jMO

Birds of a feather flock together is the connection to gpa. Up all night I bet! I can't believe this video and the gma!

Ok? Who the heck wants a dang cigar at 6 am in the morning? Who leaves little girls with an adult male neighbor when others live in the home of the mother? Something is just very wrong here, IMO.

This case is confusing, do you mean Aliahna when you say Ana? I have seen that her family calls her Ali, but not Ana. Can we maybe just use the whole name to avoid confusion? Hard enough to keep all the "characters" straight, let's make sure we are all talking about the same victim.

News reports have listed that her nicknames are Ali and Ana. There is no one else in this saga with a name that close to hers as to cause confusion, IMO. It's still pretty easy to keep everyone straight.

Since the grandfather was a RSO, he could not have stayed with the daughter, Ali's mom, because of the children in the house. Perhaps the neighbor, MP, took him in so he could be near the family with the grandfather in compliance.

I'm pretty late joining in so I apologize for the fact that I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere but..

Why is LE not conducting any searches for Aliahna? I don't get it.

I don't think ANY of us understand this. It appears (to me) to be nothing less than gross negligence, incompetence, and a complete disregard for the safety of this child.

Just a guess, but I'm guessing that the same grandma that says everyone makes mistakes to NG would probably say the same about the grandpa's sexual abuse of a minor child. With a family like that, did Ali ever stand a chance? jMO

It's just ridiculous. She sounded so nonchalant: "Oh, everyone makes mistakes. I know plenty of parents who leave an older child alone with the younger ones for five, six minutes."

Really, lady? It's just five six minutes to the store, in the car, and back, for a cigar? And is 9 considered an older child? It's not like he went out to the garage. Come on! Further, this is a disabled child! She's partially blind, deaf and has PTSD, plus a host of other issues. MP reports she was awake all night with nightmares and crying for her mama. Yet she's old enough to care for two six year old kids alone? What planet is this?

Aliahna, if anything, needed MORE care than her six year old sisters. Oops. I'm getting steamed here.

Did anyone catch the part where the scent dogs followed her scent to the bus stop? That's were the trail ended and it's on the main hwy.

I hear what you are saying Chris. My mom was like that too when I was a teen. We had a few friends stay with us while having trouble with their parents. In fact, they were being abused by their parents. Another would have been homeless as a teen if it weren't for my mom taking her in. However non of these kids went missing on my moms time. And I am sure non of these kids went missing on your friends time.

Thus far, we have not heard from LE what the siblings told them directly. The only information we have heard about what the siblings said is from the adult who was responsible for babysitting them and the last person to see Aliahna alive.

It has yet to be confirmed by LE what exactly the relationship was between the grandfather and his roommate.

I'm not willing to dismiss the possibility that Aliahna, and her entire family were vulnerable for any number of reasons, and this family friend 'groomed them'. And that this family friend is just an innocent helpful friend found in these unfortunate circumstances. More often than not, the last person to see a missing persons alive is responsible. not always, but most often.

I for one would like to know more about the nature of the relationship between grandpa and the family friend, as well as the living situation. Were they both renters? Did one of them own and take the other in?

jmo and bbl, still not caught up but running out for sliders!

I hear you. I really don't have ANY opinion on this case until I have more information. As I have said, if the two remaining girls (that's a cringe-worthy statement there) are really saying that they watched their big sister walk out the door then I see no reason to doubt them or focus attention on this neighbor (yet).

Did anyone catch the part where the scent dogs followed her scent to the bus stop? That's were the trail ended and it's on the main hwy.

I'm not watching, so I missed that. Was that the grandmother that said ir or was it a reliable source?

If the police really believed she walked out the door, why wouldn't they still be looking for this precious girl????? She could still be alive wandering in the cold!
I just don't understand it.....

Right. He said to NG producers that she awakened at 2:30 a.m. crying and wanted to go home to her mother but he didn't take her because he didn't want to leave the other two alone. Huh? But then he leaves all three alone later? Was it the age difference? (I did read from a neighbor that Aliahna took care of her sisters). Or was it that he left them alone because he was disposing of a problem that had been crying earlier?

A couple reasons come immediately to mind:

1. Six o'clock is not two o'clock. There is a psychological difference between leaving two six-year old children alone in the dead of night, and leaving two six-year olds and their older sister alone briefly in the morning.

2. After what sounded like a pretty grueling and stressful night the guy might have really needed a smoke. For all we know he used every cigar he had just getting through the night, and he went to the store as soon as it opened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back