IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Grandma wasn't at all believable. Where is MOM? Is the flu keeping her from speaking out for her missing little one? Why are all these little ones vanishing, and why oh why aren't their parents begging for their return?

If no one minds my asking, where are the two other girls that LE now knows were allowed regular time with a sex offender, and left alone unsupervised at the time that their older sister went missing under extremely questionable circumstances? Are they with the mother, or with yet more "family friends"?

After being horrified by the not-so-grand-ma's comments and attitude on NG, my brain keeps trying to come up with logical reasons why she would defend such indefensible actions on the part of the last person to see Ali. Other than a criminally neglectful irresponsibility herself, the only thing that makes sense to me is if she KNOWS this man is innocent and instead her daughter that is guilty. Maybe she really feels sorry for him, especially if he is covering for her daughter. Just a thought. JMO

All those special needs and mom just ships her off for a week with someone completely unprepared ( never mind the criminal -violent, I might add, history) to care for children let alone a special needs one. Sorry, but I'd rather have my children catch the flu.

Grandma wasn't at all believable. Where is MOM? Is the flu keeping her from speaking out for her missing little one? Why are all these little ones vanishing, and why oh why aren't their parents begging for their return?

I know we all would react differently, but the flu wouldn't keep me off TV, if I were the type to make a public plea...(I don't think I ever would, as they are pretty useless, IMO.) But if I were that type of person, I would still brush my hair, take a swig of Theraflu, and ask the producer to please edit out the parts where I vomit, if necessary.

I just hope she isn't too sick to talk to LE.

I will add though, there was an interview earlier where the grandmother was sitting next to the mother, and she does look quite sick, FWIW.

I know we all would react differently, but the flu wouldn't keep me off TV, if I were the type to make a public plea...(I don't think I ever would, as they are pretty useless, IMO.) But if I were that type of person, I would still brush my hair, take a swig of Theraflu, and ask the producer to please edit out the parts where I vomit, if necessary.

I just hope she isn't too sick to talk to LE.

I will add though, there was an interview earlier where the grandmother was sitting next to the mother, and she does look quite sick, FWIW.

Is there a link to this interview? tia

She is known by Aliahna, Ailey and Ana. Since there is only one missing child in this case, it shouldn't be too hard, I think.

And her bio father calls her Ali.... It is confusing for the casual reader.

None of this makes a lick of sense. And why aren't they asking Grandma what caused little Aliahna to have PTSD? Something is so off. A disabled, emotionally disturbed child, who must have gone through trauma already, is sent off to a single, 40 year old, unrelated man's house, a guy who has a criminal record?

I'm surprised she's survived this long, frankly.

Nancy didn't ask most of the questions I would like answers to. The problem with focussing on this guy's cigar run is that we potentially have two witnesses who saw Aliahna leave the house while Mike was asleep. That's pretty freaking important. I would like to know more about that.

I would also like to know more about this family's relationship with this guy. How do they know him? WHY do they trust him the way that they so clearly do?

I would like to know some specifics about Aliahna's medical problems. What happened that caused this PTSD?

One of the two other children claims to have seen her leave...was there another possible witness, or is the other child the other potential witness?

Grandma was also alarmingly casual when she said they had all given DNA in case A is found...:(

Nancy didn't ask most of the questions I would like answers to. The problem with focussing on this guy's cigar run is that we potentially have two witnesses who saw Aliahna leave the house while Mike was asleep. That's pretty freaking important. I would like to know more about that.

I would also like to know more about this family's relationship with this guy. How do they know him? WHY do they trust him the way that they so clearly do?

I would like to know some specifics about Aliahna's medical problems. What happened that caused this PTSD?

Tons of unanswered questions. The interviewers are dropping the ball.

But, as to their relationship with this guy, I doubt there is a reason they could give that would satisfy me. Concerned parents know that wolves often wear sheep's clothing. This man has a criminal record. That should have been enough. At the least, he may not be that responsible. (Leaving a disabled, emotionally disturbed child alone with two six year olds bears that out, IMO).

And grandma's response to him leaving the kids alone was bizarre to me. If he is telling the truth, Aliahna disappeared because he left her alone. And grandma acts like it's nothing? I'm not saying she has to blame him with rage or anything, but she sounded nonchalant, like it happens all the time. In fact, given her response, it just might happen all the time. This family and their friend are not looking too fabulous to me in the parenting department.

So yeah, focusing on the cigar run is probably not wise. But focusing on their reactions to it as well as how Aliahna came to be with this man to begin with, is, IMO.

Of course, if her sisters really did see her leave the house, that is of utmost importance. But, IIRC, that's coming from MP and/or grandma. At this point, I want to hear it from LE before I will believe it.

Yep, the flu story is starting to fall apart, if it was planned that long ago. That's what I figured would happen, given enough time.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/fbi-joins-search-for-1274900.html
I'm still looking for a link to the video, as I'm pretty sure it was a vid (bear in mind, I've scanned at least 150 sources today), but this link has a still pic of the grandma and mother...third down on the page.

Thank you for the link. I notice that 'mom' Tarah looks a lot like her grandpa who just died a few weeks ago. I wonder if Tarah cared for him in his final stage of illness and death. That can be very traumatic for someone without a lot of inner resources and support.

My husband and I cared for his father 24/7 in his final week of life. Hospice educational materials were very very helpful. I wonder what the circumstances were in this case. December 6 is very recent, especially if he had a terribly extended and difficult illness. Do we know what his illness was?

I'm thinking maybe this guy needed a fix at 6am, be it tobacco, alcohol, or drugs. Oddly, I tend to believe his story. Just a hunch--a gut feeling. Weird. Unfortunately, these little "communities" tend to abide by the "it takes a village" principle, and rely heavily on neighbors and friends to watch their kids so they can do who knows what, and the kids end up raising themselves, or worse.

I hope this little girl is ok somewhere, and I am sick for her little sisters, who are being questioned and probably are confused and scared. Ugh.

Who's to say that the family friend isn't more of a parent himself? Do we have any ideas what the girls living arrangements were prior to "about a week" ago? Who's to say the girls didn't essentially live at the trailer while the grandfather was alive, and just have mom's place as a residence address?

The family friend could be more of a mother than their mother is, because the simple fact at the bottom of this is that her mother allowed her to be unsupervised with a sex offender, family or not. And one would assume that her stepfather made the same choice with his daughter. I will try to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't necessarily know. We'll have to see.

I'm not attacking her mother, just thinking out loud.

I know, I have gone down that angle too, but lst if it is true is GF a RSO is true is a huge red flag & 2nd the 40 yr. old single guy... who live with a RSO maybe just as big of a flag? It is possibly-possible he didn't cause the disappearance of this child & it was the mother, but...I am not buying it at this time. So Sad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back