IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It doesn't say what friend. She could have meant someone else. Since kids don't generally refer to adults as "friends" I tend to believe she meant someone else.

Interesting isn't it.

Snipped by me for space: You are right. MP says she disappeared after he came back. But I haven't heard that anyone else say that. He could be telling the truth. Or she could have disappeared when he left her alone. Or, she never made it out of the house alive. Or maybe her mom took her for a "ride". Or, maybe she just got up in the morning, walked out the door, and someone snatched her.

I don't know. But I've got real problems with how this went down. I'd like to see Mike take and pass a LDT. And mom. Something that can help LE narrow this down.

Lots of unanswered questions. We have a little girl living in a trailer park surrounded by SOs. Even if the family's version of events is correct, and she walked out the door while Mike was asleep, it's harldy surprising that she might have been snatched up by some predator.

But really, there is NOTHING about this story that doesn't raise an eyebrow with me. Nothing.

I know we all would react differently, but the flu wouldn't keep me off TV, if I were the type to make a public plea...(I don't think I ever would, as they are pretty useless, IMO.) But if I were that type of person, I would still brush my hair, take a swig of Theraflu, and ask the producer to please edit out the parts where I vomit, if necessary.

I just hope she isn't too sick to talk to LE.

I will add though, there was an interview earlier where the grandmother was sitting next to the mother, and she does look quite sick, FWIW.

Thanks so much for filling me in about "Mom." I would be just like you---(and im not sure i would even brush my hair-but I would be there-and would be the one with the loudest voice) :)....

The whole story sounds like it took about 8 hours to make up. Something is really wrong with their story, their timeline, and the lack of panic from the family. :(

jmo...

Oh boy. I just heard some news that I don't know if I'm allowed to post. I have a friend who is friends with the family. Am I allowed to say what I've heard???

MP was the caregiver to the grandfather. It was in one of the first articles that told of this case.

It doesn't say what friend. She could have meant someone else. Since kids don't generally refer to adults as "friends" I tend to believe she meant someone else.

Snipped by me for space: You are right. MP says she disappeared after he came back. But I haven't heard that anyone else said that. He could be telling the truth. Or she could have disappeared when he left her alone. Or, she never made it out of the house alive. Or maybe her mom took her for a "ride". Or, maybe she just got up in the morning, walked out the door, and someone snatched her.

I don't know. But I've got real problems with how this went down. I'd like to see Mike take and pass a LDT. And mom. Something that can help LE narrow this down.

I read this part and it sounds like a friend of Aliahna's, named Ameixx who's mother repeated what Aliahna had told her friend Ameixx on the last day of school before Christmas. Or maybe I'm not understanding your question.

snipped

Kathleen Mckee lives just down the road from where Aliahna was last seen. "You see it on TV all the time in other states, in other places, but this is in our own backyard. It's in our own home, and it's scary," says Mckee.

Mckee's daughter, Amelia, rides the school bus with Aliahna. Amelia says she's worried about what happened to her friend. "She's my friend, and I just... we're friends."

"I feel for the family, because I have three children myself - two daughters and a son," says Mckee. "I can't imagine what that family is feeling, especially around Christmas time."

Mckee's daughter, Amelia, says Aliahna told her about her winter break plans. "She told me she was going to a friend's house the last day of school before Christmas break."

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/home/Missing-Juvenile-136180558.html

"Very important" press conference at 10:30pm? Active police search ended already, and FBI involved? This doesn't sound good.

But in his info he doesn't have her listed does he? Only 4 other kids?

Made me wonder if mom was pregnant and he assumed the role of dad, and was father to the 6yo?

Very confusing as there is the one photo of 8 kids that he claims are his?? But A's name is not listed under his children.

Am I missing something here? Or did he remove that info? I don't see him listing any children in info ~ just that he is married to TS??
eta: I only see in family: sister, niece and cousin

Have cadaver dogs been brought in? And was the cigar he bought a full size cigar - in an attempt to cover a smell? Anxious about the presser in a little bit.

Do we know the dates of incarceration for Grandpa and MP? (now that we know MP is a convicted felon as well?)

Did they know each other before they were incarcerated? Or did they just meet after they were released?

If they both did time, how long and how well could they have known each other?

ay yi yi and jmo

MP's Indiana DOC incarceration dates:

Date of Sentence 04/21/2008
Description FORGERY,COUNTERFEITING,APPLICATION FRAUD
Term in Years / Months / Days 01 11 00029

Type of Conviction FC
Indiana Citation Code 35-43-5-2
Cause Number 02D04-0704-FC-114
County of Conviction ALLEN
Projected Release Date 02/28/2009

Gpa's:

Date of Sentence 03/06/2006
Description CHILD MOLESTING
Term in Years / Months / Days 06 00 00001

Type of Conviction FB
Indiana Citation Code 35-42-4-3
Cause Number 02D04-0504-FA-000022
County of Conviction ALLEN
Projected Release Date 09/21/2007

http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs

NOTE-Indiana will cut sentences in half for good behavior.

A couple things:

1. The link posted above about Tarah asking for the dangerous service dog was in IOWA in 2010. It appears that Ali's bio dad also lives in Iowa. I wonder what brought her to INDIANA in the last year?? The grandpa's illness? Could the PTSD be attributed to a move to a new state?

2. Her scent trail led to the highway/bus stop. Could this be an old scent? Surely she had walked to the bus stop several times before.

3. I'm beginning to think that Ali's partial blind/deaf, emotional issues might have something to do with alchohol, marijuana, meth, crack, abuse...catch my drift?

4. In one article the mom states she has never run off before...but the consensus is everyone in the family thinks she wandered away?! WHAT??? That reasoning makes no sense what so ever.

Quoting myself...found more info...

so 2010 they lived in IOWA
Per mom's FB Feb 2011-May 2011 she worked in PENNSYLVANIA
then sometime in 2011 they also move to INDIANA

Interesting isn't it.

Lots of unanswered questions. We have a little girl living in a trailer park surrounded by SOs. Even if the family's version of events is correct, and she walked out the door while Mike was asleep, it's harldy surprising that she might have been snatched up by some predator.

But really, there is NOTHING about this story that doesn't raise an eyebrow with me. Nothing.

BBM. I know. And that's so sad. With odd like these, how so many kids survive to adulthood is beyond me.

"Very important" press conference at 10:30pm? Active police search ended already, and FBI involved? This doesn't sound good.

I'm so worried :( I've been watching this thread all day refreshing for updates. Will someone with local access possibly be able to watch and report back if it's not online live?

I have never seen a news conference at 10:30 pm unless its bad news. :(

My thoughts too but then I recalled a very late night or early morning news conference when baby Shannon Dedrick was found safe!

Has anyone seen the comments 15 minutes ago on fb Find Aliahna Marie Maroney Lemmon??

I hear you. I really don't have ANY opinion on this case until I have more information. As I have said, if the two remaining girls (that's a cringe-worthy statement there) are really saying that they watched their big sister walk out the door then I see no reason to doubt them or focus attention on this neighbor (yet).

I wish LE would release what the girls told them, and if what the neighbor is saying the girls said coincides with what the girls told LE.

I'm choosing to dismiss the girls statements at this time because their statements are only what MP, the neighbor said. Until I have independent verification from LE as to what the girls said, what MP says the girls said is only hearsay.

jmo

I'm so worried :( I've been watching this thread all day refreshing for updates. Will someone with local access possibly be able to watch and report back if it's not online live?

I will, I live about 30 miles NW of Ft. Wayne and they are my local stations. Lived here all my 42 years. Ft. Wayne has a great mall and zoo but I would never want to live there, I am a country girl!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back