IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KrimeKat I don't know the laws. Is a manager allowed to not let someone rent based on a RSO status? TIA for anyone that knows the answer!

bolded by me.

It's really inappropriate and dangerous for a nine year old to have a Facebook page--I didn't even know they could have one. This tells me that she wasn't being properly supervised at home--sorry, I don't mean to bash her parents. Facebook needs to set up some rules.

Having a FB account was really the least of this girl's problems. She was living in a trailer park full of sex offenders! Facebook has rules, she and her family did not follow them.

Why bother to get rid of some of the body parts but store the rest in his freezer? Did he not have room for all the bags OR did he want to get caught? Whatever his reason, having been in the 'system', he had to know what LE's procedure would be.

In almost all the other similar cases (body parts in freezer) the perps weren't the last to see the victim or considered suspects..They weren't even on LE's radar but he was..Why he would do something so 'foolish' with the evidence truly stumps me.

Everything about this awful case just defies logic, at least to those of us who could never, ever imagine anything so sick and disturbing.

One on hand "keeping" body parts nearby could be just a really bad mistake, on the other -- just not a place I want to even consider mentally going.

First time killer and highly disorganized? Flying by the seat of his pants...trying to figure out a way to dispose of evidence while LE is running all over his neighborhood, and I am sure in and out of that mobile?

Or has he done this before? I can't even begin to comprehend a first-time murderer carrying out something so utterly twisted. And I don't for a second believe that previously he "maybe" only hurt animals.

Seriously, his statement to the media that he would never hurt kids, never hurt animals. Even before his confession, that just smacked to me of protesting too much.

IMHO, he would be the type to hurt animals, maybe from an early age. And I have a whole lot of trouble believing he has not perhaps killed before. The fact he apparently, if I am following the timeline correctly, froze her body for at least several hours before resorting to a hacksaw, makes me ill to suggest, but that was done deliberately and with forethought. Just think about cutting apart meat raw vs frozen. Presuming you are using the correct tools, easier and less mess in most cases.

I apologize for being that graphic, but I'm just not sure this was merely a desperate move to get rid of her in a hurry, and without detection?

Lord help Aliahana's younger sisters if they saw or heard anything.

I do hope and pray that LE is taking a long hard look at similar cases every flippin' place he has lived and passed through.

I most always agree with your posts, they are well thought out and written. This time I have to disagree about the restrictions..

Jesse Timmendequas, who kidnapped,held captive and murdered Megan Kanka was a repeat offender. Megan was the third little girl he assaulted, tragically Megan died; with the other two girls, he was scared off because they fought him back. Timmendequas lived across the street from Megan's family, he bought a puppy to use as bait to get Megan alone and, after murdering her, he put her body in a toy chest and kept her in his rental house. btw, he lived there with two other offenders.

In the dark of night, he drove about a mile away from the house and placed Megan's body next to a soccer field in a municipal complex where many families would be for a soccer game. His crime, concerning Megan, was calculated; she didn't have a chance.

I have no problem with the restrictions, in fact I think a Devil's Island scenario would be fine. For anyone to be able to go online and see where all of the 'reporting' sex offenders live is a tool for parents to have available to them.

Offenders like Timmendequas, Couhey and now this accused person, who murder a child in the commission of their acts, should get the death penalty. They won't re-offend. At least Couhey isn't a burden on society, he is now dead. He got more than Jessica Lunsford did; he got more than he deserved.

I suspect that the reason they were concentrated there was because they were attempting to comply with the restrictions of their parole. Often these restrictions are so severe that they all but prohibit SO's from living anywhere but these out of the way places -- if they can find somewhere to live at all.

I am not really in favor of these kinds of restrictions. I absolutely think we need to take another look at the system and situation -- particularly when we consider that laws like this are of questionable value in terms of preventing crime. A registered sex offender didn't kill the Anthony girl, or likely little Lisa, or little Sky, or little Jorely, or Jon Bennet,

or Alianha.

A registered SO didn't kill her, and these laws damn sure did nothing to protect her. And how could they? We know, as a statistical fact, that a child is in FAR more danger from her own family and close family friends then she is from any stranger -- registered SO or not. We know statistically that mothers are more likely to murder their child than any other person, more likely than the neighbor, or dad, or even the dreaded step dad. And further, despite the media telling us the exact opposite, we know statistically that SO's actually have very low recitivism rates -- far below the average for other felons (5% to 9% for RSO's versus 42% for all felons, the lowest recidivism rate for any crime other than murder).

And finally, actually consider this ironic fact. Aliahna lived literally suppounded by registered sex offenders. Damn near every other person she saw was an RSO. She was served up like feeding time at the zoo -- and totally unsupervised. And so far as we know not ONE of them did anything to her. The statistics played out. It was, as usual, her own dear family 'friend', her guardian, that she needed to fear (and perhaps her grandpa).

Something to think about.

(Note: I am well aware that this is more the time for pitchforks and torches than numbers and reason, and that posting the later is probably not going to win me any popularity contests. None the less, there it is. :) )

Here you go, I had to look up Megan Reust Wane tv to find it.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/neighbors-react-to-murder-of-9-year-old

Paulette Hair used to live in and manage Northway Trailer Park six months ago before she moved. She says she warned the Lemmon family about Michael Plumadore long before Aliahna's death. There was something about him Hair didn't trust.

"I would have never guessed that that's the type of person Mike was but I guess you never really don't know nobody."

"Fear, disgust, hatred, fear for my grandchildren, just to know it was so close to home and that it was someone that the family trusted. So, how do you begin to trust others," neighbor Paulette Hair said.

Paulette Hair used to live in and manage Northway Trailer Park six months ago before she moved. She says she warned the Lemmon family about Michael Plumadore long before Aliahna's death. There was something about him Hair didn't trust.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/neighb...old?ref=scroller&categoryId=20000&status=true

Anyone care to transcribe for those of us without working computer speakers? It would be much appreciated. tia

Cubby there's an article there that states what's in the video, bless your heart!

Having a FB account was really the least of this girl's problems. She was living in a trailer park full of sex offenders! Facebook has rules, she and her family did not follow them.

Amen! FB can be used safely under careful supervision. Living in a trailer park with several SO's and an ill mother who gave her child(ren) to a felon is quite another matter.

This poor child never had a chance...unfortunately :(

MOO

Mel

Anyone care to transcribe for those of us without working computer speakers? It would be much appreciated. tia

Article is pretty much verbatim of what is in the video. Same information. Paulette Hair just said there was something about MP she didn't trust. Didn't think he was the type of man to do what was done to Aliahna. No elaborration on why Paulette didn't trust MP. just that she didn't.

Here you go, I had to look up Megan Reust Wane tv to find it.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/neighbors-react-to-murder-of-9-year-old

"I would have never guessed that that's the type of person Mike was but I guess you never really don't know nobody."

Am I the only one who sees a bit of contradiction in these two statements?

bolded by me.

It's really inappropriate and dangerous for a nine year old to have a Facebook page--I didn't even know they could have one. This tells me that she wasn't being properly supervised at home--sorry, I don't mean to bash her parents. Facebook needs to set up some rules.

My cousin's 5 year old has his own personal Facebook page and uses it often... Honestly kids these days are to focused on media (cellphones,computers,tv,etc...).. They are not respectful to anyone no matter their ages be it 5 or 84 w/a wheelchair. I see so much wrong w/society that parents dump their children off on media sources. ESP the parents that are in their 20s.. Kids do not need iPads, cellphones (iPhones), or anything like that they should be outside playing or inside playing w/supervision. I'm going to be the world's meanest parent in that aspect... But they will respect their elders.. Okay off my soapbox but it doesn't surprise me she has a Facebook as stated about

I have the "feeling" Nancy Grace is going to go ballistic on her show tonite. JMO.

I have been away for a few hours-is Plumadore an SO and was the crime a sex crime?

"Fear, disgust, hatred, fear for my grandchildren, just to know it was so close to home and that it was someone that the family trusted. So, how do you begin to trust others," neighbor Paulette Hair said.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/neighb...old?ref=scroller&categoryId=20000&status=true

That's it? Kind of a lame story. "There was something she didn't trust"?. I assume there was something she didn't trust with every one of the people living in Pedophile Park.

I have been away for a few hours-is Plumadore an SO and was the crime a sex crime?

The autopsy results are still pending, no information has been released as to whether there was any sexual assault. No, MP is NOT an RSO.

At this point there is no indication or record that he is a SO.

The autopsy is finished the results have not been released. No way of knowing yet if there was a sex crime commited yet Believe.

Why do you think these RSO's are eager to give their opinion in the MSM? It creates interest in their own criminal history and associates them with a very horrible event. Why are they commenting? I think I would rather lay low. Shumaker, for instance. Why does he think it's a good idea to say that he introduced the murderer to the family members? Apparently he's the one who told the story about Tarah asking about himself and MP and grandpa saying they're OK. Obviously grandpa was not too great a judge of character so the readers will infer he might be wrong about GS too. Why does he want to be associated with MP in such a way in the media?

What am I not getting? Is there something they're hiding thus creating a need to get their own version of events out there or are the 15 minutes just too irresistible ? Do they get a secret thrill from the crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member