IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From article quoted in Littlebitty's post..

Shumaker said he introduced Plumadore to Lemmon shortly after Plumadore moved into the trailer park, and Plumadore moved in with Lemmon a few days later. Shumaker said he knew Lemmon because they were both sex offenders and were in jail together.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...57f0defb9074d5

Shumaker and Lemmon were the SO's and in jail together not Plumadore.

links not working.

found a working link:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/slain-ind-girls-grandfather-1275642.html

HELP
Is anyone listening to the 6 o'clock news to the woman who reportedly warned the family about MP? It's 7 here. Is it 6 there???

Could you please share what she says here? Please and thank you.

Tarah Souders made a choice: She moved her three young girls to a run-down trailer park in rural Indiana to help take care of him as his lungs rotted from emphysema.

We know that she was in Iowa in April 2010 . . . http://www.centerville-ia.org/text and pdf files/Agenda 04-05-10.pdf

I get what choice she made. I get that her dad was dying. I don't get deliberately placing your kids in harms way...I can see moving into another trailer park...not moving at all....why did they need to move if Mike was the caretaker? ?????? I get coming to visit if someone was at the end...and I get having family watch your children while gone. I don't get moving your kids into a potentially deadly and scary situation. Kids trump dying criminal dad...jmo.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...31qHGA?docId=25493145c7404278b357f0defb9074d5

This article provides a partial answer to what we were wondering a while ago in the thread: how long had MP lived with JL? It appears that he moved in some time ago, then moved out later, and had moved back recently.

This is very VERY confusing. We have heard the gma herself talk about what a trusted reliable friend MP is and that he could NEVER do this, she KNOWS that, and yet we read in this article that it was known that mom Tarah expressed very serious concerns and reservations even quite recently. Which is it?

bolded by me.

It's really inappropriate and dangerous for a nine year old to have a Facebook page--I didn't even know they could have one. This tells me that she wasn't being properly supervised at home--sorry, I don't mean to bash her parents. Facebook needs to set up some rules.

I don't think we need a facebook page to know she wasn't being properly supervised at home.

She was worried about the sex offenders? Whatever, the GRANDFATHER was a sex offender. Yeah, that's who I would take my advice from. Cripes.

from the article:

And before she arrived, she even asked her father if her children could be at risk for abuse from two specific men — including a suspect now accused in her daughter's death.

Shumaker said he introduced Plumadore to Lemmon shortly after Plumadore moved into the trailer park, and Plumadore moved in with Lemmon a few days later. Shumaker said he knew Lemmon because they were both sex offenders and were in jail together.

Hold the phones . . . I thought he/Plumadore was a family friend & trust-worthy?

HELP
Is anyone listening to the 6 o'clock news to the woman who reportedly warned the family about MP? It's 7 here. Is it 6 there???

FT Wayne is Eastern time so this should have aired a little over an hour ago. Anyone see it?

This is very VERY confusing. We have heard the gma herself talk about what a trusted reliable friend MP is and that he could NEVER do this, she KNOWS that, and yet we read in this article that it was known that mom Tarah expressed very serious concerns and reservations even quite recently. Which is it?

Yes, and I got the impression he was a long-standing family connection, an OLD family friend, from the things the grandmother and the stepgrandfather. But how did he become such an old family friend if he was introduced to them via a sex offender grandpa had learned to know in prison? When was the grandfather released again...? 2007? He was convicted in 2006. So MP has known grandpa 4 or 5 years max, and how much contact can he have had with the other family members during that time? Particularly when they live in other states?

For clarification:

Dawayne Maroney (lives in Iowa) = Aliahna's bio father

I assume they separated

Lyle Moser (lives in Ft. Wayne)= Father of one of the 6yo sisters

So I assume Lyle was a father to Aliahna as well when he was with her mother

They appear to have separated.

Tarah Souders (the mother) is now with AS, who is the father of the second 6yo that lived with Aliahna.

I have no idea who the fathers of the 2 boys are or their ages.

HELP

Bumping...Did anybody hear the local news report?

I agree with the sentiment but the article says it's 5% of the sex offenders in the county, not all of Indiana.

Thanks for the clarification -- my bad. It's so hard to keep up with all this stuff -- the info is coming out so fast!

from the article:

And before she arrived, she even asked her father if her children could be at risk for abuse from two specific men — including a suspect now accused in her daughter's death.

Hold the phones . . . I thought he/Plumadore was a family friend & trust-worthy?

I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but I think there may be more than 1 suspect from some rumblings on FB.

The article sort of left me wondering,,, if grandfather's answer was so reassuring that MP could be given unsupervised access to the girls for days at time, what kind of contact has GS had with them? Cuz grandpa said he's doing everything right too (allegedly).

Yikes.

And finally, actually consider this ironic fact. Aliahna lived literally suppounded by registered sex offenders...And so far as we know not ONE of them did anything to her...

Something to think about.

Well in this case the "dear family friend" was a convicted felon. So I fail to see the irony here. Is it a good idea to let a convicted felon to babysit your kiddies, whether he is a RSO or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18