IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
who knows? does it matter now? to me he was nomadic & never established residency anywhere!

It appears to me that LE followed a logical path & solidified this case with appropriate search warrants & affidavits for probable cause . . . hopefully he is not declared NUTS & cannot stand trial.

It doesn't matter now. What matters is that Aliahna was found and her killer arrested.

I, do however, really like to get an understanding of why things happen and why they don't, which is why I was particularly intersted in understanding exactly why LE could not search the trailer when Aliahna was first reported missing. If we think about it in the most simplistic terms, I would assume an entire house, or apartment or condo or mobile home would be searched just to make sure the child wasn't hiding. But I suppose checking the freezer wouldn't be of the normal places one might look to find a hiding child.

And I am still curious to know what might have been missed or overlooked which led to what appears to be a delay in obtaining a search warrant based on probable cause. Because either there was a lot of blood evidence or a lot of some kind of cleaning solutions in that home when LE arrived Saturday.

Many posters commented all weekend about it being the Christmas holiday and taking time off or not wanting to be bothered. I strongly defended LE.. and admittedly, I am still like a 4 yr old when it comes to questions. I would just really like to understand the delay between obtaining a search warrant between the time Aliahna was reported missing and the time LE was told by the perp to look for her remains in the freezer.

JMO :(

ETA: krimekat, I'm really not trying to be argumentative with you. I'm honestly/really just trying to understand how a child can go missing on the 23rd and it is not until the 26th, 3 days later they get a warrant. honestly... :)

Two things, and I'm coming in late to this, so forgive me if I'm repeating:

1) Did y'all notice James Lemmon himself is a RSO?
2) I believe that in some circumstances you don't have to have consent to search premises. It seems to me this would be one of those cases. Yet one of the articles said they got a warrant--can't believe a warrant would be needed in this kind of situation.

1) Yes

2) Yes, but in cases in which evidence will be brought into trial, LE never wants to risk it being tossed out in court so they go for the warrant anyway.

Has Aliahana's mother shown her face yet?

There are some exclusions to the "search and seizure" protection--consent we've mentioned. But also search incident with arrest and plain view. But the one that is pertinent here is exigent circumstances.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=8480911
--snipped--

Aliahna's step-grandfather, David Story, told The Associated Press that Plumadore had cared for Souders' ailing father until his death from emphysema early this month and was living in that man's mobile home.

"He was a trusted family friend," Story said late Monday, saying he was surprised by the arrest.

we've speculated this . . . may have had to do with Lemmon's probate status.

MP did not own the trailer, therefore, could not provide consent to search.

If there was a caveat placed against the estate and a probate judge was involved then the judge/court might have been able to give permission.

The Allen County sheriff's registry shows that 15 sex offenders live at Northway Woods, a small mobile home park with 54 lots, only about 25 of which are occupied. Among them are men with multiple felony convictions for sexual abuse of a minor and child molestation.
advertisement

In other words, three-fifths of the occupied units there house a registered sex offender. That's an extraordinary concentration in Indiana, which has only 137 registered sex offenders per 100,000 population — the third-lowest figure of all 50 states, according to data compiled by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...r-old-girls-killing-a-haven-for-sex-offenders

FYI to the newcomers just getting here...lots of information at links below-

I have been rereading page 2 and 3 on the first thread. It's very interesting to go back and read all that we wrote and the information that was given then in the early stages of the investigation in the light of now that we know what happened. The sheriff asking that there be no volunteer searches, the info from the grandmother, etc I'd encourage everyone to do it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158315&page=2

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158315&page=3[/QUOTE]

The Allen County sheriff's registry shows that 15 sex offenders live at Northway Woods, a small mobile home park with 54 lots, only about 25 of which are occupied. Among them are men with multiple felony convictions for sexual abuse of a minor and child molestation.
advertisement

In other words, three-fifths of the occupied units there house a registered sex offender. That's an extraordinary concentration in Indiana, which has only 137 registered sex offenders per 100,000 population — the third-lowest figure of all 50 states, according to data compiled by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...r-old-girls-killing-a-haven-for-sex-offenders

I still do not understand why mom and stepdad would move their 6 kids into Pedo-Park. I wouldn't let mine walk past the entrance, let alone live there and be babysat for a week in another trailer. I still do not understand this at all. I suppose the fact that deceased grandpa was an RSO makes some kind of impact upon the situation. Maybe denial, or disbelief?

Come to think of it, in Leiby Kletzky's case, Levi Aron pointed to the refrigerator/freezer when LE was in his apartment and that is what led LE to the remains stored in his apartment. He later told LE where to find the red suitcase with the rest of Leiby's remains, telling LE he did not dispose of all of them because there wasn't enough room in the suitcase.

:sigh:

:(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4579548...ysitter-bludgeoned-girl-then-dismembered-her/

Richard Patee, 58, whose trailer is next to where Plumadore was living, said he didn't think it was odd that Aliahna's mother had him watching the girls for an extended period.

"They had known each other for somewhere of three to four years, I know that, and he took care of their grandfather," Patee said. "I didn't see any reason to question it at all. I talked with Mike on and off for the past two-and-a-half years and he never had a cross word."

..a few months, 2 years, now 3-4 years....which is it?

The reporters asking the neighbors questions like their opinions would be normal is getting annoying to me. 15 of the 30 addresses in the mobil home park have sex offenders living in them ..:waitasec:

I don't understand why a lot of MSM reports are confused as to why MP confessed. It probably went down like this in the interrogation room.
LE/FBI: you know we are getting a SW for your trailer and we are going to go through everything you have in there until we find something that will help us find Aliahna.
MP: (thinking about what is in his freezer)...
LE/FBI: we are going to find something and if we find it before you tell us what you did you are going to get the death penalty...pure and simple. cooperate with us now...or just keep it to yourself...we find her first..no deals are on the table...
MP confesses.

JMO! All of the above! He knew that LE and the FBI were closing in on him...if he doesn't confess and try to get a "deal" all deals would be null and void once they went through his trailer. JMPO!

advertisement

Yet despite her living in the lair of RSO's it was an unregistered creep who killed her... go figure, what are the odds?

Although I suppose all of them were unregistered before they were caught for the first time.

He is a felon and maybe it's not a sexual crime, who knows.

I'm so confused! Another man claimed Aliahna was his daughter! He was on confessed killers Facebook as a friend! How many DADDY"s did this child have?

DM is Aliahnas bio father. Maybe this other guy was another "father figure", I'm not sure. I have noticed lots of people list friends as sister, brother, etc. even though they are no relation.

I feel bad for this man, not having enough money to get to her funeral. That is sad. :(

Why bother to get rid of some of the body parts but store the rest in his freezer? Did he not have room for all the bags OR did he want to get caught? Whatever his reason, having been in the 'system', he had to know what LE's procedure would be.

In almost all the other similar cases (body parts in freezer) the perps weren't the last to see the victim or considered suspects..They weren't even on LE's radar but he was..Why he would do something so 'foolish' with the evidence truly stumps me.

From Gitano message, I think finger prints and head are easily identified, so he might have been looking for a more hidden place for these parts.
JMO
Did I understand you correctly, GItano?
I am new on iPad. Pls excuse my sp., grammar errors.

Despite the confession, the little girl's grandmother, Amber Story, stood by Plumadore, a close family friend.

'I don't care what anybody says. Mike did nothing to her. He loves those girls,' she told the News-Sentinel. :banghead:

I am blonde, so I might be missing the obvious answer here... IF this statement was made after he confessed and Ali was found...

Reporter should have asked:
If he didn't do it, who put the body parts in his freezer? :waitasec:

So is Dawayne the father or Lyle M. who calls Aliahna his daughter?

Is Lemmon the child's mother's name? I am sorry, but I see this as a way to make a fast buck on the death of a child. If he starts walking now, he might make it in time. I would crawl on my bare knees to get to my child's funeral!

Her full name is Aliahna Marie Maroney Lemmon. Her bio dad has the last name Maroney, and her bio mother had the maiden name of Lemmon. I understand why this is confusing to some. There is at least one marriage in there for the mom after Aliahana was born, hence the different names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya