IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken. I edited my post accordingly. I'll just add, I'm thankful for the smiley list here. In particular this one: :cursing:

:floorlaugh: Cubby

We're all going to be using :cursing: :burn: :cursing: :hoppingmad: :cursing: :devil: :cursing: :steamed: :cursing: :deadhorse: :cursing: :rage: :shutup: :cursing:
:nerves: :hug: :grouphug:

before this is over . . . Thanks MODs, for keeping the threads "clean". I'd hate to think what Aliahna's siblings will read on the WWW someday day!

HAGERSTOWN, MD

HAGERSTOWN, MD - The nation has been following the tragic story of a missing nine-year-old Indiana girl who was found murdered and now her close friend in Hagerstown is coping with the loss.

On the first day of school at Winter Street Elementary, two little girls immediately became friends.

"We like to sing, we like to play guitar," says xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx, Aliahna's friend.

However, the friendship between the 9-year-old girls was cut short. When Aliahna Lemmon moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana the two kept in touch on Facebook and on the phone. That's when xxxxxxxxxx heard her friend had disappeared.

"Is she going to be okay? Is she going to be dead? Are they going to find her alive?" says Kymberley.

Tragically, those questions were soon answered when police discovered Aliahna's body.

http://your4state.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=228167

We dont know this to be true, respectfully. Clearly, imo, she called to check on them. We know on Friday, at least, she did not speak to the girls. She only spoke with MP. We can imagine that MP may have intentionally misled her in that conversation because he knew Aliahna had not disappeared. He knew exactly where she was.

Right. We have no evidence that she did not call every day. We know she called Friday morning. We also know (I believe mom said this) that the last time she saw Aliahna was Tuesday afternoon, after school got out.

I have a female cousin who was sexually abused by my grandfather AND her father. Her father also sold her to his friends. Her dad was prosecuted and spent time in prison for it. She went on to marry a nice man and have a daughter who was NOT sexually abused. Her brother, who was physically abused and witnessed the sexual abuse and prostitution of his sister, grew up to be an air traffic controller and married a woman who had three little girls. He is, by ALL accounts, a great dad to them. (They are all in college now). Yeah, you can't control the shakes you get as a child, but you CAN control what you do as an adult and a parent. My cousins WORKED at it...they got therapy and intervention and made damn sure they ended the cycle. So I am sorry that Tarah had a crappy childhood (and I am sure she did) Her childhood ended when she was entrusted with the soul of Ali and she was responsible to do everything in her power to protect her. The child was molested twice and killed by the time she was nine. I don't think she protected her very well.

Chris, from your post:

They spent the night there on Tuesday, but she didn't check on them Wednesday morning or evening. She didn't stop by to ask if there were any problems, or to see what they had done, or to discover if they were properly taken care of, if they had taken a bath and been fed. None of that. Nor did she check on Thursday morning, when her daughter was murdered. Or Thursday evening, when her daughter's corpse was being dismembered. Only on Friday night, after three days of not seeing the babies she dropped off thirty feet away, did she bother to check.

How is this known? How do we know the girls didnt call her? How do we know step dad didnt stop by on his way to and from work?

They were told not to speak about the circumstances of Aliahna's death. Abuse occurring in an unrelated incident is different.

And I get why they want to control dissemination of info in this case related to Ali's murder. Charging documents have not yet been drawn up and their investigation continues. They don't need everything out front and center before they have pieced it all together.

:goodpost: yes! And then there is the trial . . .

Kimb103, I am sorry for your experience and thankful you were able to break the cycle. I should have been more clear with my post stating I was using yours for a spring board.

I have considered where Tarah came from and what circumstances she may have came from. We each come to the table with our own circumstances.

What I fail to understand is how Tarah could knowingly and willingly have chosen to put her children in the same situation which she had previously knowing the repercussions and fear her children faced.

How does one look into the eyes of a child and see that kind of fear and KNOWINGLY place them in the same situation with different circumstances repeatedly?

We're talking about a woman who is too ill to care for her children, but can post updates about herself and her broken thumb on FB.

Why didn't CPS remove these children after the first incidents of abuse? and what measures were taken to reunify this family after at least once child suffered previous abuse not once, but twice?

JMO

MY BOLD

Beautiful post! This is exactly what I mean by T's apparent lack of reasonable boundaries. I think she herself was a victim of molestation at some point, if not by her RSO late father, then someone else. I've nothing to back this up, but it is my opinion that something like that could skew her perspective and make abuse/molestation something that just "happens sometime," i.e., that it's rather common in her world.

I hate to be graphic, but if he had hit her in the head several times with a brick and her death resulted from that, that would be fairly obvious right? But the article states....

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – After the external examination of Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon’s remains was completed by the Allen County Coroner's Office Wednesday afternoon, the cause of her death is still undetermined.

So WTH did he do to this child???????????

Maybe he thought the hit to the head killed her when it only knocked her out. They may also want to make sure that all test work come back that he did not drug her. No telling what caused her death. She was cut up and we do not know how bad he dismembered her. So Im sure they want to go over every single cut making sure that it was not what killed her.

Kimb103, I am sorry for your experience and thankful you were able to break the cycle. I should have been more clear with my post stating I was using yours for a spring board.

I have considered where Tarah came from and what circumstances she may have came from. We each come to the table with our own circumstances.

What I fail to understand is how Tarah could knowingly and willingly have chosen to put her children in the same situation which she had previously knowing the repercussions and fear her children faced.

How does one look into the eyes of a child and see that kind of fear and KNOWINGLY place them in the same situation with different circumstances repeatedly?

We're talking about a woman who is too ill to care for her children, but can post updates about herself and her broken thumb on FB.

Why didn't CPS remove these children after the first incidents of abuse? and what measures were taken to reunify this family after at least once child suffered previous abuse not once, but twice?

JMO

I thought the same thing, but then I took out all the assumptions, and simply read what was printed, as it was printed. That often helps me change my perspective.

I don't really know what happened the last time. It could have been a caregiver that abused her, it could have been someone at a school program, it could have been someone within the family, someone that was on a registry, someone that wasn't. The abuse itself could have been anything from emotional, to physical, to sexual. The perps could have abused her during the same incident, or seperately or they each could have abused her once, within the same short span of time, and in each case, they were both charged, one for the abuse, one for standing by and doing nothing.

CPS is supposed to get involved in cases where a child is in need of protection. If they did a preliminary investigation and found that the abuser was no longer able to access her, that she was fed and clothed, not being beaten, and recieving adequate mental and physical health care, that is where their responsibility ends.

A much as I want to crucify the mother, I am waiting for something more. And I have no doubt that there will be more, info will keep trickling out. This is far from over, IMO.

Cause of death undetermined? So I guess the brick to the head didn't kill her. I thought he said he hit her multiple times in the head?<SNIPPED>.

According to the Allen County Coroner’s Office, COD UNK until further examination of microscopic findings and toxicology results is concluded . . . integral parts of the autopsy & each of those stages play significant roles in the accurate determination of the cause of death.

maybe she was not killed after being hit in the head (apparently, speculation that he drugged her) :twocents:

Chris, from your post:

How is this known? How do we know the girls didnt call her? How do we know step dad didnt stop by on his way to and from work?

We don't know about Monday, Tues and Weds but we sure as heck know it didn't happen on Thursday.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Plumadore told authorities he put the girl's body inside trash bags and put it in a freezer in the trailer he lived in that formerly belonged to the girl's grandfather, who died earlier this month. Plumadore told authorities that later that day and early on Dec. 23 he used a hack saw to dismember the girl's body.

Brandenberger said parts of the girl's body were found in a trash container outside a convenience store &#8212; the same store where a surveillance camera video showed Plumadore went early Friday to buy a cigar. Plumadore told authorities he hid her head, hands and feet in the freezer at her grandfather's trailer.

In Indiana, Aliahna's family remained quiet a day after gruesome details of her death were revealed by authorities. Aliahna Lemmon's step-grandfather, David Story, told The Associated Press that the Allen County Sheriff's Department and the FBI told family members not to talk to anyone about her death. He says they didn't give a reason.

"They just said any questions needed to be directed through them," Story said.

FBI agent David Crawford said agents had told the family they would prefer it if they didn't speak to the media. Sheriff's department spokesman Cpl. Jeremy Tinkel said his department hadn't ordered the family not to talk, saying it didn't have the power to, but confirmed deputies had told the family they would prefer it if they didn't talk to the media.

"We're not their attorney and we certainly can't put a gag order on anybody. I think they were told it may be in the best interest of protecting the integrity of the case to limit what you say," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...jrwvLw?docId=657a70e5d9744de092568300f11cad33

Being in a violent and disruptive environment has some very strange characteristics associated with behavior. Physical abuse takes a very big toll on the reasoning part of the brain, and worse if the perp says they love you! I discribe it as the "Bubble Effect". It's like you live your life in a snow globe. It impossible to see or hear anything outside of that bubble. Others can see in, but the victim can't see out. I just want to mention that to this day, my own mother does not believe I was molested. What's even more puzzling about this, my aunt told me my mom was molested by a family friend. It's so bizarre! My brother participated in my sexual abuse, I no longer speak to him, but my mom has a very close relationship with him. We all live in the same city, his family goes to her home for holidays, I don't even get an invite. She is my mom and I know she loves me, but the sickness has made her perspective foggy. It's easier for her to "dispose" of me, then it is for her to admit the evil that happened under her watch. Water under bridge! I exposed my children to my brother for most of their young lives. In my mind I didn't believe that they were in danger. I myself hadn't faced what happened to me. I am raising my two grand-daughters, they will never be exposed to my brother!! When I told my mom who my main abuser was, a male babysitter, she told me I was lying. She is friends with his mother. My mom said to me, "Don't tell Joanie, it would destroy her. The things we hold onto in life, very strange indeed!

Here are some guidelines when it comes to discussing TS in relationship to her daughter's murder....until anything further develops that is.

Post 1: "TS made an incredibly poor choice to let her children stay with MP-I dont understand how and why she did it. I am angry that she did so."

Post 2: "TS didnt care about her children, she willfully placed them in harms way and I want to see her fry."

Post 1 is acceptable, Post 2 crosses the line into what is unacceptable.

Make sense?

HAGERSTOWN, MD

HAGERSTOWN, MD - The nation has been following the tragic story of a missing nine-year-old Indiana girl who was found murdered and now her close friend in Hagerstown is coping with the loss.

On the first day of school at Winter Street Elementary, two little girls immediately became friends.

"We like to sing, we like to play guitar," says K****** S*******, Aliahna's friend.

However, the friendship between the 9-year-old girls was cut short. When Aliahna Lemmon moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana the two kept in touch on Facebook and on the phone. That's when K****** heard her friend had disappeared.

"Is she going to be okay? Is she going to be dead? Are they going to find her alive?" says K*****.

Tragically, those questions were soon answered when police discovered Aliahna's body.

http://your4state.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=228167

most excellent find!!!

Chris, from your post:

If the girls called the mother, or stepfather was stopping by on his way to and from work, the child would have reported missing sooner. According to the story the alleged perp gave police, the child went missing in the morning. She was reported missing at 8:45 pm.

I thought the same thing, but then I took out all the assumptions, and simply read what was printed, as it was printed. That often helps me change my perspective.

I don't really know what happened the last time. It could have been a caregiver that abused her, it could have been someone at a school program, it could have been someone within the family, someone that was on a registry, someone that wasn't. The abuse itself could have been anything from emotional, to physical, to sexual. The perps could have abused her during the same incident, or seperately or they each could have abused her once, within the same short span of time, and in each case, they were both charged, one for the abuse, one for standing by and doing nothing.

CPS is supposed to get involved in cases where a child is in need of protection. If they did a preliminary investigation and found that the abuser was no longer able to access her, that she was fed and clothed, not being beaten, and recieving adequate mental and physical health care, that is where their responsibility ends.

A much as I want to crucify the mother, I am waiting for something more. And I have no doubt that there will be more, info will keep trickling out. This is far from over, IMO.

BBM. According to David Short it was two different occasions.
www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289983/1002/LOCAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member