IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the girls called the mother, or stepfather was stopping by on his way to and from work, the child would have reported missing sooner. According to the story the alleged perp gave police, the child went missing in the morning. She was reported missing at 8:45 pm.

On Thursday and Friday. There is an assumption out there that no one made contact with anyone between Tuesday and Friday. This is what I am reading in those posts.

We dont know if the two girls called mom, we dont know that mom didnt check in at all during their abscence. We just dont know that to be true at this point.

We dont know this to be true, respectfully. Clearly, imo, she called to check on them. We know on Friday, at least, she did not speak to the girls. She only spoke with MP. We can imagine that MP may have intentionally misled her in that conversation because he knew Aliahna had not disappeared. He knew exactly where she was.

One of the court documents indicated Aliahna was murdered during the very early am hours of Thursday. Mom could not have spoken with her daughter Thursday because she was already deceased. :(

So we know she did not talk to her daughter all day Thursday and all day Friday and was not reported missing until after 8pm Friday evening.

If your link comes up as all astericks, the site is banned here at WS. Please dont allude to posts or info that appear on a banned site. Thank you!

FBI agent David Crawford said agents had told the family they would prefer it if they didn't speak to the media. Sheriff's department spokesman Cpl. Jeremy Tinkel said his department hadn't ordered the family not to talk, saying it didn't have the power to, but confirmed deputies had told the family they would prefer it if they didn't talk to the media.

"We're not their attorney and we certainly can't put a gag order on anybody. I think they were told it may be in the best interest of protecting the integrity of the case to limit what you say," he said.

Tinkel and Edenfield said they could not comment on a possible motive for the murder.

"I can't comment on a pending investigation," Edenfield said.

The article also quotes Aliahna's father as saying he knew MP. He also says it was difficult to talk to Aliahna because her family often changed phone numbers.

He is overcome with grief. Had no reason to suspect MP.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501363_162-57349416/father-of-slain-girl-says-hes-overcome-with-grief/

I have no idea if this has been discussed but in case it hasn't or you missed it..here is a case from Iowa for an M L Plumadore. Is that him?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Title: SMITH, C L ETAL VS PLUMADORE, M L
Case: 08041 DAEQ003656 (APPANOOSE)
Citation Number:
Event Filed By Filed Create Date Last Updated Action Date
DA - Petition Dismissed - Not Enough Evidence at Trial WILSON DANIEL P 11/23/2010 11/23/2010 11/23/2010
DISMISSED PER COURT WILSON DANIEL P 11/23/2010 11/23/2010 11/23/2010
ENTERED IN ERROR
RETURN OF SERVICE - OTHER APPANOOSE COUNTY SHERIFF DEPAR TMENT 11/17/2010 11/17/2010 11/17/2010
Comments: SERVED PLUMADORE ON 11/12/2010
OTHER ORDER SCIESZINSKI ANNETTE J 11/12/2010 11/16/2010 11/16/2010
Comments: ORIGINAL ORDER SETTING HEARING
ORDER SETTING HEARING SCIESZINSKI ANNETTE J 11/10/2010 11/10/2010 11/10/2010
Comments: ON PETITION 11/23/10 @ 10:30 AM
Petition for Relief from Domestic Abuse 11/10/2010 11/10/2010 11/10/2010
Comments: JUVENILE

We dont know if the two girls called mom, we dont know that mom didnt check in at all during their abscence. We just dont know that to be true at this point.

If the child was actually missing, and went missing before 10:00 am, and wasn't reported missing until 8:45 pm, that is a long time to not report a 9 year old missing, no?

As I was thinking about Aliahna today, my thoughts then went to my own children, and to my sweet little granddaughter(she is 2). She is just the happiest little girl, and my daughter and her boyfriend are just wonderful parents all around. This got me to musing on my daughters' boyfriend.

This young man is the nicest, most gentle-natured guy you could ever meet. He also is what he himself calls "slow", but I think most people would say learning disabled. He had to take special education classes in school, and you can definitley tell when you speak to him that there is something "different" about him. (I am not trying to be offensive to those with disabilities, learning or otherwise, I'm just not that great with wording things sometimes, my apologies) Anyways, my daughter really has to be on the ball a lot with him, as he has a hard time remembering things. If he goes to the store, she has to make a list of exactly what she wants, or if she needs to have him pick up my granddaughter at day care, she has to give him a slip of paper with the time written down on it when he is supposed to pick her up, etc. Things of that nature. Sometimes she really gets exasperated with him.

This young man has had a very hard life. I won't go into details, but things were very rough for him. Then when you add in the LD, he has had to struggle. BUT he is the most wonderful father. He really does cherish his daughter. If we go to the park, he keeps an eagle eye on her. He is very careful about everything he does with her, from what she eats to where she goes. He does not even like like to use a firm tone with her, as he doesn't want to "hurt her feelings, because she is just little".

Sometimes, I hear people making excuses for other about their poor parenting, as in "well, they had a hard life", or "they aren't very smart, so how are they supposed to know". But then I see my granddaughters father. He is the essence of loving and protecting your child. So I say, if HE can be like this, even though he is not "smart", then there is no excuse for anyone else.

Just wanted to tell that story. Sorry it is so long :)
This is a beautiful story, but we cannot judge everyone's story by one person's story.

There are many factors that influence how a person reacts to abuse, neglect, poverty, etc. One factor that I've observed over and over (both personally and professionally) is that those who have risen above awful childhoods had strong mentors along the way (family members, friends, teachers, coaches, etc.) People don't just "know" how to be good parents or how to break the cycle of dysfunction. They have to observe it somewhere, somehow.

Too often these cases leave us screaming, "What can be done?!" One thing we can all do is be a mentor...a positive role model...for children and help them see that abuse is not okay and not the life lived by everyone (as many victims of abuse assume). Little or no training is needed to be a mentor (depending on the venue chosen). Volunteer at schools, libraries, or community centers. Be good examples, talk, and listen to the kids. Inspire them to "rise above their raisin'," and show them what healthy, happy relationships consist of.

One of the court documents indicated Aliahna was murdered during the very early am hours of Thursday. Mom could not have spoken with her daughter Thursday because she was already deceased. :(

So we know she did not talk to her daughter all day Thursday and all day Friday and was not reported missing until after 8pm Friday evening.

Thank you, Cubby. My point is that this does not mean that she didnt call and check. Clearly she did not speak to Aliahna after she was killed. But, we do not know that she didnt speak with anyone and we do not know that she didnt call and we do not know if any of her children called her.

krimekat, thank you so much for keeping the media thread updated!

:gthanks:
:tyou:​

:yourock:​

aw, thank you, Cubby ! Anything to make information readily available . . . :woot:

And with that - please note I've gone through Thread #1 & #2 and added most of the pertinent MSM links & snippets of the articles in the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158476"]IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, MEDIA LINKS & TIMELINES, NO DISCUSSION[/ame].

I am trying to complete what I've started out there (MP crime timeline, Aliahna's school time line), so please what ever you can add to help us, THANKS

Trial will be one day (preparation)

On Thursday and Friday. There is an assumption out there that no one made contact with anyone between Tuesday and Friday. This is what I am reading in those posts.

We know that no one noticed that Aliahna was dead on Thursday.

JMO but if you check on your children you didn't do it very carefully if you miss something so important.

If the child was actually missing, and went missing before 10:00 am, and wasn't reported missing until 8:45 pm, that is a long time to not report a 9 year old missing, no?

I guess I dont understand. We know that the perp mislead Mom on Friday. She believed her daughter was with him. She was, but she wasnt alive. Perp created the missing child scenario later on. That was when he claimed he thought Aliahna was with mom.

He knew perfectly well she wasnt. IMO, TS was willing to believe it was a miscommunication.

No FB links, please . . .

I didn't realize I couldn't put the original Find Aliahna fb link that was made for her??? But is now changed. Thanks for letting me know.

We know that no one noticed that Aliahna was dead on Thursday.

JMO but if you check on your children you didn't do it very carefully if you miss something so important.

:truce:

At this stage, I do not believe that Mom didnt check on her children. I can consider that she may not have spoken directly to them. It is far simpler for me to believe that MP foxed her on Thursday in a similar fashion to Friday. We just dont know.

Thank you, Cubby. My point is that this does not mean that she didnt call and check. Clearly she did not speak to Aliahna after she was killed. But, we do not know that she didnt speak with anyone and we do not know that she didnt call and we do not know if any of her children called her.

Maybe someone called but clearly nobody checked.

It may be a definitional issue but I wouldn't call listening to a child abuser's lies checking on the children. If you check on your children the least you should do is to make sure you know if they're alive or not.

I guess I dont understand. We know that the perp mislead Mom on Friday. She believed her daughter was with him. She was, but she wasnt alive. Perp created the missing child scenario later on. That was when he claimed he thought Aliahna was with mom.

He knew perfectly well she wasnt. IMO, TS was willing to believe it was a miscommunication.

That appears to be true, but clearly for the mother to believe this miscommunication, she didn't talk to the daughter that morning, and the step-father wasn't checking on the children going to and from work (at least on that day). I think those trailers are in really close proximity, so it's not like it would have been impossible to physically check how many children were still present in the alleged perp's trailer.

That appears to be true, but clearly for the mother to believe this miscommunication, she didn't talk to the daughter, and the step-father wasn't checking on the children going to and from work.

On Thursday or Friday. At least Aliahna was not seen or heard from by anyone after she was killed.

We know nothing else regarding any of the other children, and we know nothing else regarding whether or not Mom called and was told that Aliahna and/or her sisters were unavailable to speak because of (fill in the blank.)

BBM. According to David Short it was two different occasions.
www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289983/1002/LOCAL

Legally, speaking, two seperate occasions could have only been hours apart, and both have happened during the same exposure to the offenders.
For example only: She spends the night at her friends house, her friends dad abuses her when she gets there, her friends brother abuses her several hours later that night. Two separate occasions, but still during the same exposure to them. Moo, until more info comes out.

It could be that TS was willing to believe that on Friday. What concerns me about TS, essentially, is the length of time that child was in the freezer. When was she put in there? The affidavit, I think for PC, says at least 24 hours. So that would stand to reason that TS didn't see or talk to Aliahna all day on Thursday either. Whether or not MP was misleading her...she lived a few yards away. I would have been over there in a flash. Not several hours later...I don't understand TS's actions/inaction at all. Not at all. There is nothing that would keep me from traversing the 30 or so feet to check on my kids. There is no real reason that they should have been there the entire week. There is no real reason unless you are trapped under a heavy boulder that you don't hightail it the few yards over to your "pal's" house to see your kids. None. Sick or not. Wheelchair bound or not. You go check on your kids. Just my two cents. :twocents:

Chris, from your post:

How is this known? How do we know the girls didnt call her? How do we know step dad didnt stop by on his way to and from work?

We know that she called Mike on Friday morning at about 10am. I don't think it's hard to believe she called and spoke to Mike (at least) the other days as well. Early in the investigation news reports quoted mom as saying that the last time she had seen her daughter was Tuesday after school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member