GUILTY IN - Alma Del Real, 22, South Bend, 12 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This "friend" of hers...

Yes. If you can even call him that.
The South Bend Tribune story had a quote that really stood out to me, especially after rereading the thread :moo:

(Snip)

Family members are careful not to speak of 22-year-old Alma Angelica Del Real Galindo in the past tense.

:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crime Stoppers offer reward, bilingual services in search for missing woman
http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/crim...services-in-search-for-missing-woman/32556174

From your link los:

(snip)

This is the first time Crime Stoppers will be offering a bilingual service in the search for 22-year-old Alma del Real.

They have received some calls in Spanish before, but usually the caller has a friend on the line to help translate into English.

Crime Stoppers will also be offering a $5,000 reward for the tip that helps find Alma. To do that, they’re partnering with an outside entity that is fronting the money.

(snip)
The del Real case isn’t a crime yet, but it has garnered so much attention on social media that they want to be proactive.

“Based on all the activity that is going on on the Facebook page dedicated to finding Alma, and knowing now that this information is being spread, literally nationally and internationally down into Mexico, we just want to be prepared in the event that an influx happens,” said Lt. Cindy Kilgore with Michiana Crime Stoppers.

To handle the expected increase in calls, they're partnering with a call center in Texas. That call center will have nearly 24/7 bilingual coverage.

But they point out, what they're looking for is information, not theories or suggestions for investigators.

---
:candle:
:praying:
#BringAlmaDRGhome
:please:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More talk of the reward and crime stoppers. Family is searching daily, any wooded area and are spreading out. They are searching in Shipshewana on 4/25/15. They say they won't stop searching.

But the search for Del Real is most noticeable on social media. A Facebook group, dedicated to finding Del Real has over 17,000 members with multiple posts per hour.

LE is looking at cellular data from her phone, but again: Her cellphone last pinged Sunday before it was either shut off or died and no one reportedly has seen or heard from Del Real since.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/...up-on-missing-South-Bend-woman-301269461.html

Thanks colette.

Wonder why they're focusing on Shipshewana.

Hmm. A little far out, but not a huge distance. Just curious. Rural, slightly Amish. Hmm. Still thinking. Haven't read any recent links, sorry. Shipshwana seems weird to me. Did some tip lead them in this direction?

Does anyone know where "drop-off" guy lived (city)? Was he a SB local? I don't think he's been named, so we probably don't know.

Thanks colette.

Wonder why they're focusing on Shipshewana.

Hmm. A little far out, but not a huge distance. Just curious. Rural, slightly Amish. Hmm. Still thinking. Haven't read any recent links, sorry. Shipshwana seems weird to me. Did some tip lead them in this direction?

Does anyone know where "drop-off" guy lived (city)? Was he a SB local? I don't think he's been named, so we probably don't know.

Not sure why they are going there either but that is what they said on the news. Maybe someone knows something about the person last seen with Alma? We still no nothing from the local press about this person. There is a very large Hispanic population in Goshen but not Shipshe. Seems like they would branch out from South Bend first, not just jump to an area so far out. They did find a very decomposed body today in Mishawaka but it was a male and they found a wallet, so they most likely know who that is.

Here's my am question (sans coffee): Do Amish ever make use of migrant workers?

I'm not an Amish expert, but I've NEVER seen a migrant worker anywhere close to Shipshewana.

Nope never. But a body could be placed anywhere and there is a lot of farmland so who knows.

I wonder if her phone last pinged in Shipshewana?

Since there are so many community members willing to help out, it seems pooling some money to hire help might be the way to go, rather than searching around in the woods.

If the cops haven't already done this, they need to get a search warrant for the male friend's car, and cell phone, and laptop. This is just moving at a glacial pace, when it seems very clear foul play has occurred (either on the part of the male friend, or someone else).

"Drop off friend" is going to force them to find her body......until then it will be deny, deny, deny.

Who knows what may have been slipped into her drink that night as well. Maybe something, maybe nothing.

Obviously "drop off friend" is sticking to his story.

The only other theory that makes sense would be if someone swung by her house after she was dropped off and took her along to go do some more partying that night. Them searching in Shipshewana probably has something to do with a cell phone ping, either hers or his.

Either way, I don't think they are going to find her in the best of shape.

"Drop off friend" is going to force them to find her body......until then it will be deny, deny, deny.

Who knows what may have been slipped into her drink that night as well. Maybe something, maybe nothing.

Obviously "drop off friend" is sticking to his story.

The only other theory that makes sense would be if someone swung by her house after she was dropped off and took her along to go do some more partying that night. Them searching in Shipshewana probably has something to do with a cell phone ping, either hers or his.

Either way, I don't think they are going to find her in the best of shape.

The search in Shipshewana is being done by family not law enforcement, so I don't think pings are involved.

Well, this is might be a stretch, but the guy hanging out with Alma's group was described as wearing a plaid shirt. That might fit in the style of rural IN more than a more urban, Saturday-night out. Maybe the "5th wheel" guy was from Shipshewana or lived there.

Well, this is might be a stretch, but the guy hanging out with Alma's group was described as wearing a plaid shirt. That might fit in the style of rural IN more than a more urban, Saturday-night out. Maybe the "5th wheel" guy was from Shipshewana or lived there.

I'm from the same city as Alma, and went to the same school as well as live on that side of town.
One guy in my college classes looked Hispanic, but was actually from an Amish family, and still lived with them. He had just left the culture. So it is a good possibility.

I thought this was interesting news this morning. Probably not related to Alma, but coincidental. A woman who left Brothers with an unknown man was raped last night.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/new...cle_2c569540-ecc0-11e4-b3a2-f331ec0ca5b3.html

It could be related. Alma was at that bar the night she went missing, and both women were intoxicated and got into a vehicle with an "unknown man."

Maybe if they catch this perp, they will know what happened to Alma.

JMO.

It could be related. Alma was at that bar the night she went missing, and both women were intoxicated and got into a vehicle with an "unknown man."

Maybe if they catch this perp, they will know what happened to Alma.

JMO.

They know who Alma was with the night she went missing, they have his picture and have talked with him. He was the last person seem with Alma. He says he just dropped her off. LE is just waiting for more evidence IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back