GUILTY IN - Alma Del Real, 22, South Bend, 12 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live/work in South Bend and whoever thinks it is not a high crime area is fooled. There are shootings/stabbings almost every day. There is a lot of gang activity

I am not saying this is what happened to this woman. Or that she is involved in any gangs, but South Bend does have a lot of crime

That's what I was thinking too. I work in Granger and live over the state line in Michigan and South Bend has taken a really downward spiral over the last 5 years.

alma3_8b117778a56626f30b3c62dd83b3f05e.nbcnews-ux-800-900.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/alma-del-real-n345076

alma_template_df80040964d33ce3fc1a124b89f9429b.nbcnews-ux-800-400.jpg

The home is on the corner and her entrance is very close to the side of the street where her truck is parked. If someone dropped her of she could be in the home in seconds. There is no home across the street anywhere close, the woods across the street have a big fence all the way down with a lot of vegetation on the fence for years. The rest of the homes are spaced apart like most normal single home dwellings in the area.

Another thing about crime in South Bend, I am well aware of it. I worked critical care/ ICU for 24 years followed by 6 years at night major recovery room in the trauma center South Bend Hospital. I worked every Friday night, I liked to call it the gun and knife club. I also owned a home for 20 years very close to her apartment. It is not that bad of an area.

Props to you. That job would take nerves of steel! Thanks for taking care of those who needed your help (even the criminal variety).

The male "friend" dropped her off at 3:30 a.m. but didn't watch to make sure that she made it into the house ?

There's our culprit, and there's his wiggle room, as haphazard as it is.

I'd be interested to know why the cops thought it was necessary to withhold this information for so long. All the way back to day one, people were wondering whether this friend was male or female. Any particular reason for the BIG secret ?

Pull his cell phone records and find out where he REALLY was at 3:30 a.m..................let me guess.......it was turned off......

This might be a possible reason we're not hearing much news:

"A person in the auditorium mentioned some people fear coming forward because of their legal status. Teachman said police will not question a person's immigration status if the person is a victim or a witness."

I do hope LE and media can spread the word that being a witness or providing information will not result in immigration hassles. What a shame if someone is keeping quiet out of fear of authorities (though I do understand why someone would be fearful).

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Vigil-held-for-missing-South-Bend-woman-300386251.html

So the male friend drops her off. But doesn't "assist" her into her house. And reports state she was intoxicated. The door is sooo close to street. Who is this male friend and when will he be named POI so we can help..otherwise, we can't.

Would think LE has enough to get a warrant to check the car and where the male friend who dropped off lives.

Riminiscent of Paige Johnson who went missing where I grew up in Northern KY. A "friend" dropped her off and was later named a POI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's give the male friend the benefit of the doubt for a minute. Let's say he dropped her off and he really is one of those inconsiderate, self-centered types that is in such a hurry that he can't wait to make sure his female friend makes it thru her front door.

With that premise in mind, Alma makes it to the front door but she can't find her keys. Maybe she misplaced them, maybe she lost them. Then what would she do ? Common sense dictates she would either call someone with a spare key, call someone and ask for a place to crash for the night, or go sleep it off in the back of her truck.

Did any of these scenarios happen ? Not that we know of. The male friend was the last person to see her, talk to her, and give her a ride.

I've come home staggering drunk many times in the past, but never so drunk I couldn't open my own front door to get in as long as I had a key. She has neighbors, friends, and family available should something like that have happened. So unless some creepy dude was camped out in front of her house at 3 a.m. with the slight chance (and I mean REALLY slight) that she would lose her keys and be unable to unlock her own front door, then this male friend of hers is still suspect #1.

I don't know about you guys, but at 3 a.m. where I live, there isn't hardly anything moving except for the critters that mosey around in the woods and the neighborhood cats that try to catch 'em. The idea that some scary guy staked out her house in the miniscule chance that she might not be able to unlock the door and walk in is almost laughable. The male friend's statement that he didn't actually SEE her go into the house sounds like nothing more than a weak alibi..........and I mean WEAK. It is possible that she might have an ex-boyfriend turned jealous stalker, but I haven't seen anything that supports that yet.

If this world has deteriorated to the point that individuals can't walk from curbside up to their front door without vanishing, then we all need to become martial art experts and start packing heat 24/7.

This sounds a lot like Christina Morris, Part II.

Let's give the male friend the benefit of the doubt for a minute. Let's say he dropped her off and he really is one of those inconsiderate, self-centered types that is in such a hurry that he can't wait to make sure his female friend makes it thru her front door.

With that premise in mind, Alma makes it to the front door but she can't find her keys. Maybe she misplaced them, maybe she lost them. Then what would she do ? Common sense dictates she would either call someone with a spare key, call someone and ask for a place to crash for the night, or go sleep it off in the back of her truck.

Did any of these scenarios happen ? Not that we know of. The male friend was the last person to see her, talk to her, and give her a ride.

I've come home staggering drunk many times in the past, but never so drunk I couldn't open my own front door to get in as long as I had a key. She has neighbors, friends, and family available should something like that have happened. So unless some creepy dude was camped out in front of her house at 3 a.m. with the slight chance (and I mean REALLY slight) that she would lose her keys and be unable to unlock her own front door, then this male friend of hers is still suspect #1.

I don't know about you guys, but at 3 a.m. where I live, there isn't hardly anything moving except for the critters that mosey around in the woods and the neighborhood cats that try to catch 'em. The idea that some scary guy staked out her house in the miniscule chance that she might not be able to unlock the door and walk in is almost laughable. The male friend's statement that he didn't actually SEE her go into the house sounds like nothing more than a weak alibi..........and I mean WEAK. It is possible that she might have an ex-boyfriend turned jealous stalker, but I haven't seen anything that supports that yet.

If this world has deteriorated to the point that individuals can't walk from curbside up to their front door without vanishing, then we all need to become martial art experts and start packing heat 24/7.

This sounds a lot like Christina Morris, Part II.

One scenario that could work is that she didn't have her keys (or couldn't manage to use them) and walked back to the bar. I recall reading the bar was within walking distance. Back at the bar at closing time, who knows who she would run into.

But.....I'm thinking that didn't happen.

JMO.

Or. Said creepy guy broke a key off in her door lock so her let wouldn't work making her sitting duck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on missing 22 year old Alma Del Real
Police and the community are still looking for 22-year-old Alma Del Real.

Police are still getting leads and are following them closely, but so far, they have no suspects, and nothing has led to the whereabouts of Alma Del Real.

Her aunt, Susanna Lagunas says she feels as if this is a bad dream, and it's time to wake up.

"It's a nightmare you are living in every day, every single minute of it."

All leads in this case are running into dead ends.

Captain Phil Trent with the South Bend police department says, they still have little indication of where Del Real may be.

"Every possibility is still on the table you know there's a million theories out there practically every one is as valid as the other."

He says, that he does not think there is a link between Del Real's disappearance and other missing persons in the area.

He says there are some similarities to the Nick Sams and Crystal Reyes case.

The couple went missing back in December, and their bodies were found days apart in the St. Joseph river last month.

The exact cause of their deaths, have not yet been determined.

"You know it's similar in that they both vanished they were there they were talking to friends and family and all of a sudden they were gone."

Like Reyes family, Del Real's aunt says this is not like her niece to just walk away from everything she knows.

"Every time she goes out of town we are aware of it she tells us I am going to be out of town for this many days and I am going with this person and this time nothing."
http://www.abc57.com/story/28874547/update-on-missing-22-year-old-alma-del-real

A friend of Del Real's says before she headed to Studio Rumba 305 she was at the popular South Bend bar, Brothers.

Raul Salazar a manager with Studio Rumba 305 says, Del Real was well liked, "I mean everybody loved her she was just so nice always friendly with everybody."

He recounts what he remembers about the night she went missing .

"I saw her standing right there at the bar."

Salazar also says Del Real use to work at the club, he also said he doesn't remember anything unusual about that night.

"There was nothing going on that night that would indicate something like this would happen, we didn't know the people that she was hanging out with."

http://www.abc57.com/story/28874547/update-on-missing-22-year-old-alma-del-real

BBM

Well........that solves the entire mystery...........thanks Raul.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the only reason we know about a male friend dropping her off is because witnesses knew she got into a vehicle with him. I am really doubtful he came forward all on his own. JMO

In an attempt to refresh memories:

On 04-12-15 Alma Dereal was hanging out with friends at Rumbas Bar till the early morning hours. She was then dropped off at her home by a male friend of hers around 0310 hours. He informed police that he did not assist her into the house and last saw her walking towards the front of the house. Friends who were out with Dereal have reported that she appeared to be intoxicated that night. Her phone and bank account have not been accessed since she has gone missing. Dereal was supposed to go to Chicago the next day for a make up convention and did not show. She also has not shown up for work nor has she contacted anyone.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/28374

Honestly, her "male friend" could have also been very intoxicated, and exhausted, and ready to get home before LE spotted him for drunk driving. He might have assumed she would make it into her house, albeit slowly, and he needed to get home.

Honestly, her "male friend" could have also been very intoxicated, and exhausted, and ready to get home before LE spotted him for drunk driving. He might have assumed she would make it into her house, albeit slowly, and he needed to get home.

Really drunk guys in the company of really pretty women don't tend to think in terms of what might happen if the cops show up.

So why aren't we hearing anything from Rumba bar? When did she leave there? Was it at closing or did the male leave with
her earlier? There has to be cameras somewhere. Who saw her leave?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back