IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, was her car in the driveway? I don't understand perp logic...they think that because someone leaves at 6:30 AM, it means no one else is home? That the person must live alone or their family members left even earlier?
In the midwest most middle class and up house have attached garages.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BBM. I've read on this thread that she was shot in the back of the head but haven't seen any news reports saying that. Does anyone have a news link saying it was the back, not the front/side? TIA.
There was an article quoting a neighbor saying this. Not sure if there was another one, but I think there was. I will look.

If the neighborhood has been having break-ins, why did they not have an alarm system, a pistol, a tazor or at least a Louisville slugger? Doors should be locked, garage doors closed, etc...
I'm from the country, if someone breaks in my home, and one of us happens to be there, most likely, he won't be walking away. I know after the fact, its easy to say, but there is a lot of other families out there. people need a plan, in case something does happen.
I came into this questioning the husband, and I feel embarrassed, but it is a odd happening.
All MOO

Could be a couple, guy and girl? Could be the girl knows this family? Home computers were stolen? Just speculating.

depending on how close perp was to her when he shot her, would perp have blood on him? esp if he took jewelry off of her...........speculation

Quick total o/t: Your location is X- STEELER FAN! Does that mean ex-Pittsburgher or no longer a Steelers fan, or something else?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-one-year-old-son-home-intruder.html#comments

defending son so was she murdered in baby's room since he was still in his crib???
as for the house, look how close the houses are, I can even see the one in the back..........housing plan?
looks like an area of no hunting around this neighborhood...............
in photos we cannot see her wedding rings..........wondering if someone knew she had beautiful diamonds, JMOO
could this be someone in the neighborhood that she could ID so they felt hey had to kill her??? church member?

That's from the DM...so...salt. ;)

No, it appears she was downstairs since they emphasize HE was upstairs. (But she could have been trying to get up to him I'd imagine)

The pastor's wife, 28-year-old Amanda Blackburn, was shot inside the family's home. Her 15-month-old son son was in his crib upstairs, Converse said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/1...8-dies-after-being-shot-during-home-invasion/

If the ppl from the first house were out of town this guy knew no one was home.
Why risk going to another house?

This guy strikes me as not-very-bright. He got away with it for now but I think his days are numbered.

BBM. I've read on this thread that she was shot in the back of the head but haven't seen any news reports saying that. Does anyone have a news link saying it was the back, not the front/side? TIA.

I've only seen TO the head.

The cause of Amanda Blackburn's death was a gunshot wound to the head and her death was officially ruled a homicide. Pastor Davey Blackburn, Amanda’s husband, has been cleared as a suspect in the case.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/1...8-dies-after-being-shot-during-home-invasion/

Few people understand, or are ever exposed to true Christians. This is how they think, and what they deeply believe. That God has a plan, and in their most intense sorrow, they still believe God has a plan for them and this was for a greater purpose. Most people are only exposed to "Christians" who try to tell everyone else what to do all the time. This man is a true believer. And that makes him look unusual, and his grief pattern, look unusual to nonbelievers.
Agreed! Great communication. I have been trying to convey this for 12 hours and failed!!!

Quick total o/t: Your location is X- STEELER FAN! Does that mean ex-Pittsburgher or no longer a Steelers fan, or something else?

When they made dog killer M Vick.............hate to even say his name, a QB...........my family all quit supporting the steelers until they all clean up their act. Disappointed in the team that we loved.

I just took my dog for a walk in the middle of the day. As I was exiting my home into my quiet (and safe) neighborhood, it struck me that any one of my neighbors, most of whom I do not know, probably know my exact routine and if they wanted to, could probably get in and out and kill me pretty quickly.

The things that web sleuths think about :p:p

There was a previous story on either WISHTV or WTHR's website clearly said 'shot in the back of the head' while she was still alive, but it has completely disappeared from MSM. I know I saw it.

If the ppl from the first house were out of town this guy knew no one was home.
Why risk going to another house?

Happens a lot, at least where I live (in a rather low crime area, actually)

They'll hit a string of houses if they can pull it off timing wise and aren't seeing signs they're on the verge of being caught.

And it's almost a nightly thing in the beach areas here - about 12-3 am I hear a string of scanner calls over a short time period to that effect in summer, especially.

Police issue warning for Amanda Blackburn killer: 'We're coming to get you'
Posted: Nov 13, 2015 10:41 AM CST
Updated: Nov 13, 2015 11:41 AM CST
By WTHR Channel 13

[...]

Witnesses spotted a man in the neighborhood that morning who was also caught by surveillance video standing on the Blackburn's front porch near the time of her murder.

Police believe him to be the 28-year-old mother's killer. They also believe the crime to be connected to a robbery of a home in the neighborhood just hours before.

Police don't have the man's name, but they describe him as a 5'4"-5'9" black male, medium-to-light brown complexion, slim-to-medium build. He was wearing light pants and a two-toned hoodie with a suede bottom and lighter-colored hood. Police say he had the hood pulled around his face.

Police expect to eventually release a photo of the suspect.

If the neighborhood has been having break-ins, why did they not have an alarm system, a pistol, a tazor or at least a Louisville slugger? Doors should be locked, garage doors closed, etc...
I'm from the country, if someone breaks in my home, and one of us happens to be there, most likely, he won't be walking away. I know after the fact, its easy to say, but there is a lot of other families out there. people need a plan, in case something does happen.
I came into this questioning the husband, and I feel embarrassed, but it is a odd happening.
All MOO

That's just it.

There hadn't been any of that.

There were issues elsewhere, but everyone has said that it was a safe area, etc.

That's why they were all taken aback / shocked / horrified about it.

"I'm hurt," he said. "This isn't that type of neighborhood. Those people didn't deserve that."

I know there were more comments early on along these lines, but essentially it seems like there wasn't much of a reason to expect anything of the sort to happen.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ured-morning-shooting-northwestside/75254320/

Few people understand, or are ever exposed to true Christians. This is how they think, and what they deeply believe. That God has a plan, and in their most intense sorrow, they still believe God has a plan for them and this was for a greater purpose. Most people are only exposed to "Christians" who try to tell everyone else what to do all the time. This man is a true believer. And that makes him look unusual, and his grief pattern, look unusual to nonbelievers.

I think nonbelievers can't really understand the peace that overcomes a believer during times of sorrow. I in no way mean that to sound haughty. Pastors normally "wax eloquent" as their lives are spent speaking and encouraging others. Many of them write books and blog. Yes, his statement was wordy, but I don't think he sounds insincere. He is a young man and may have a support system that he wanted to connect with in this way. Maybe he was in shock. Maybe he was drawing on his deeply held beliefs and thus felt some comfort.

Romans 8:28King James Version (KJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Could be a couple, guy and girl? Could be the girl knows this family? Home computers were stolen? Just speculating.

We don't know what was taken out of the Blackburn home.

We only know for sure some of what was taken from the neighbor's home - which included computers.

LE has said they believe it was a crime of opportunity at the Blackburn home and that they saw him leave and did a second home.

Based on that, if someone knew any victims, you'd think that essentially means it'd have been the first house, since if they were really targeting the Blackburns they'd have done that immediately.

But again, that's probably a moot point based on LE saying they believe it was tied to them seeing Davey leave.

This is exactly what I was saying about my friend. I don't know how she did it, but it did give her some strength fighting the "What if..." thoughts or obsessing over what she should have or could have done differently. I'm not the same religion but after knowing her what he said didn't seem odd or suspicious to me.

Those must be some cameras if they can tell part of his hoodie was suede. That gives me hope he will be identified quickly.

ETA: also...it sounds like he was really trying to cover his face, so maybe he is aware of all the cameras? Could he be from, or a regular visitor to the neighborhood?

End 'snitching,' help find Blackburn's killer
By: Matt McKinney
Posted: 11:44 AM, Nov 13, 2015
Updated: 17 mins ago

[...]

Doug Carter, Indiana State Police superintendent gave an impassioned speech about how much Indianapolis' law enforcement cares about the city, and asking for help in finding the people responsible:

"We need you. It doesn't matter what you look like. Now is our time. Now is our time. I don't know what else to say. I don't know what else to say. I've seen this guy [referring to Hite] in the alleys of Indianapolis at 2 in the morning. I've seen him sit quietly in a dark room after Perry Renn was murdered. That's the level and the quality and the caliber of law enforcement you have in the city of Indianapolis. He has welcomed my agency, and the what I represent in and around the state of Indiana, into the city. It's not about what color our shirt is. Sheriff [John] Layton is the same way for more than the 30 years that I've known him. We can give you the answers, but we need you to help us. We need you to help us. Reverend [Charles] Harrison, I see you all the time doing extraordinary work for people you don't even know. Now is our time. Now is our time. For those responsible for killing Amanda, we are coming. We. Are. Coming. And I hope it's not long."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1