IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling they are fishing for something and that's why.

I'm just not sure what...

There was A LOT of emphasize on aiding and abetting criminals, categorizing things as not snitching, and how someone knows where the TVs, etc. went

Plus then the pressure to even turn in family members and you just don't ignore this when it happens.

I feel like that bit corresponds with the lack of real specifics being released now.

I'm not quite sure how, but with almost more emphasis on that component than anything else, it seems key to them, for whatever reason.

My one thought is that they may think this is a larger group and are hoping they may get more people 'outed' than not if the description given was general enough that several think it could be ___ (whomever they know) if that makes sense?

Or someone that lives in or close to the neighborhood.jmo

I wonder. WHY NOT release what those are? Right now, there may be a pawn shop worker buying the items. Right now, there might be a girlfriend who sees the item in her boyfriend's SUV. Crowdsourcing police work is so effective. Unless they know who this guy is - and it appears they certainly do not - the more information, the better.
I thought statistically most perps wait 30 days to try to pawn stolen items. But...doesn't seem like these guys were very experienced and may not be smart enough to wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Has it been stated how many times she was shot? It was reported that a neighbor heard "shots". I'm surprised this didn't alarm the dog, or alarm neighbors enough to alert authorities.

So apparently something was stolen

Yes, Tvs and computers according to the presser.
Rather cheap pawn items. 2nd hand tvs and computers= couple hundred bucks?

I'd think the thieves are young and dumb.

So the neighbor hearing shots must be where LE are getting their time for the shooting. ???

if I lived in a quiet cul de sac and heard gun shot (s), I would call LE, but it is hunting season............are there hunters in that area?

My impression from the PC was they have him on video but they can't see his face as hoodie was up around it. They just got the general descrip. they gave out.

As far as some posters saying how horrible it is that people are "going after" the husband...that's their opinion, they are entitled to it. Frankly, I don't believe LE at all when they say 100% innocent. How could they even make a statement like that so soon after the murder? They have no idea if their was a conspiracy. All they know is that he conveniently has a video alibi of himself at the gym. For LE to say that is odd and not expected to me.

Also, the Pastor isn't doing himself any favors in the court of public opinion by making his first statement to the press basically all about himself, how something 'Great" will come from this, and not mentioning at all his unborn child. Nor does he mention the word MURDER, or that the public is at risk because some wild killer is still roaming all around, or that his child is now motherless. That too, is odd language and that is why I think the public is turning on him. He may very well be innocent, if he is, he should say so.

[video=youtube;0elIkxqmITw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0elIkxqmITw[/video]

Beautiful. I've never seen this before. Her voice is perfect.

Pete is on twitter and when he and David Crosby tweet back and forth I lose my mind.

Thanks for sharing this. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wondering from the tweet......"how can you take something from a dead person and want to sell it"..............sounds like something very personal like her wedding rings? jewelry?

Why shoot her and not other people this guy robbed? Was she raped? Was that ever mentioned? Tight timeline.. how do they prove she wasnt shot at 530 AM for example? JMO

Well for one, the neighbor's home was being robbed at 5:30 so he couldn't have been in two places at once - and witnesses and video have him leaving the neighbor's home

They have a neighbor who has said the time they heard shots around 6:45.

And they have video of the suspect leaving the area of the Blackburn home at the time that lines up with the shots being around 6:45.

They appear VERY confident due to A LOT of video and witnesses.

Offers some possibilities...

The PERP didn't know she was a good Christian woman. Would he have really knocked. At 6:30 in morning it is DARK. I wouldn't open my door and I am also a good Christian woman.

Maybe she was expecting someone and opened door?

Maybe hubby left the garage door open when he left which conveniently leads right into house.

Laptops, Tv's etc. were stolen? Buy this one guy? How did he carry all this stuff out by himself? This makes no sense to me.

I had a break in at my former home about 10 years ago. A boatload of items where stolen, including 3 video game systems, a laptop, a and computer. A neighbor reported seeing a guy WALKING away with a huge duffel bag in broad daylight. They have some chutzpah!

My impression from the PC was they have him on video but they can't see his face as hoodie was up around it. They just got the general descrip. they gave out.

As far as some posters saying how horrible it is that people are "going after" the husband...that's their opinion, they are entitled to it. Frankly, I don't believe LE at all when they say 100% innocent. How could they even make a statement like that so soon after the murder? They have no idea if their was a conspiracy. All they know is that he conveniently has a video alibi of himself at the gym. For LE to say that is odd and not expected to me.

Also, the Pastor isn't doing himself any favors in the court of public opinion by making his first statement to the press basically all about himself, how something 'Great" will come from this, and not mentioning at all his unborn child. Nor does he mention the word MURDER, or that the public is at risk because some wild killer is still roaming all around, or that his child is now motherless. That too, is odd language and that is why I think the public is turning on him. He may very well be innocent, if he is, he should say so.

Few people understand, or are ever exposed to true Christians. This is how they think, and what they deeply believe. That God has a plan, and in their most intense sorrow, they still believe God has a plan for them and this was for a greater purpose. Most people are only exposed to "Christians" who try to tell everyone else what to do all the time. This man is a true believer. And that makes him look unusual, and his grief pattern, look unusual to nonbelievers.

Why shoot her and not other people this guy robbed? Was she raped? Was that ever mentioned? Tight timeline.. how do they prove she wasnt shot at 530 AM for example? JMO

They've not said she was raped but the timeline seems unlikely to have allowed for it.

Neither LE nor any 'sources' to MSM have said anything about there being anyone home at the neighbor's house.

So either no one was there or someone slept through it but it appears there was no 'opportunity' / 'need' to do so.

Very strange that their large dog would lick a police man, especially after witnessing a traumatic invasion and the owner being shot.

I'd think a normal dog would be hostile against a stranger invading a home (sensing the fear of it's owner)
I also think the dog licked the police man because it was with it's other owner (davie)

This case is so very strange :( Heart bleeds for the family)

ETA: most burglers will avoid a home with a dog.....in hindsight, perhaps the dog was put out in the backyard before davie went to the gym?

This reminds me of a sweet old hound I used to have that I lovingly referred to as "watch dog". He would watch you come in and watch you leave with everything I own! He was a lover, not fighters. :giggle:

Just so you don't have to take my word for it - video and witnesses, particularly a lot of video.

Witnesses spotted a man in the neighborhood that morning who was also caught by surveillance video standing on the Blackburn's front porch near the time of her murder.
http://www.wthr.com/story/30511206/...manda-blackburn-killer-were-coming-to-get-you

Investigators have determined that the suspects went into the neighbor's house at 5:30 a.m. and Blackburn's husband, Pastor Davey Blackburn, is seen leaving his home at 6:11 a.m. to go to a gym.

"They saw an opportunity to burglarize another home," a law enforcement official said.

A neighbor reported hearing shots fired between 6:45 a.m. and 6:55 a.m. and surveillance footage from the neighborhood that has been collected by police shows a man leaving Blackburn's house and driving away in an SUV, police said. Authorities have yet to make the surveillance footage public.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-pastors-wifes-murder-caught-video-police/story?id=35177832

BTW you go back upthread to when the presser was, nearly all of this has already been addressed with tweets and summaries from it.

So the neighbor hearing shots must be where LE are getting their time for the shooting. ???

It's a pretty narrow time window since they know the time of the other robbery.

And have video of him at the Blackburn home and also having left the other home (plus eyewitnesses to that also)

Witnesses spotted a man in the neighborhood that morning who was also caught by surveillance video standing on the Blackburn's front porch near the time of her murder.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30511206/...manda-blackburn-killer-were-coming-to-get-you

The perp (s) are very brazen.........home invasion at 5:30 am.................they never thought people would call LE and they would be caught robbing another house just doors away let alone gun shots??? druggies? no brains? and why kill Amanda? Do we know if she wore really nice valuable jewelry? I wonder if she put up a fight, was going to a phone etc...............do most home invasions or burglaries include guns and dogs in home? No other dogs barking outside? Why didn't someone call LE at 5:30 am and 6:45 gun shots???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1