IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the burglary at 5:30 down the street, was anyone home during that incident? Was there forced entry?

Surprised but glad the husband was cleared.

LE has the guys face. Obviously it isnt the husband or LE would have him locked up. They know who they are looking for, just not his name. jmo

From the PC, it sounds as though this was a senseless, random act of violence, for which a beautiful young mother paid the ultimate price. IMO, the husband had nothing to do with her death. Sending thoughts and prayers to her family. From personal experience, I know they will never be the same again.

I don't understand why a burgler would wait 3 hours to rob a house 2 doors down.

Logically if you rob someone's house, you'd beat your feet out of the neighbourhood. Not stick around 3 hours to commit another felon with your car clearly in view.

It's just baffling

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/11/13/police-chief-rick-hite-to-talk-about-crime-in-indianapolis-give-update-on-pastor-wifes-murder/

Something's not right with that article.

I'm nearly certain they said the neighbor's house was at 5 something, and that they believe the suspect saw her husband leave for the gym around 6 and saw it as a crime of opportunity.

If there's something about 3 hours it wasn't about these two homes (maybe the one 10 miles away?)

He may have hung around casing in the car - VERY common with burglaries - but it wasn't for long.

I'll try to find the exact time of the first one from the presser.

ETA: It MAY have said 3 hours b/c one article in the beginning said she was shot at 8:30 am, which obviously is wrong b/c that's the time the husband came home. And per the presser, the shots were at about 6:45 per the neighbor.

Why are the FBI involved?

Seems like every time FBI get involved in a horrific murder case, the case goes nowhere. Jessica Chambers was burned to death last Dec. 8 in Mississippi; the FBI got involved immediately, did all the pressers about LE cooperation and there is still no arrest or POI in one year. Let's hope Amanda's case is different.

PS: Thanks to all of you posters keeping us updated on the press conference. Really appreciate it!

If hubby is at the gym at around 6am. Then what time does he go to sleep at night. That seems like a guy who thinks about himself alot at first thing in the morning. Jmo
I guess my perspective is slightly different.
My DH goes to the gym early before he starts seeing patients as he says he feels better and has more energy. On his days off, he goes early and then comes back home with Dunkin Donuts for me. The reason he goes early on those days is because I am still asleep and I haven't started my day. But then again, my DH works 12 hour days and goes to bed by 10 pm.

I found the blackburns' Q & A webisode that was recently taped quite interesting.

The struggles of new marriage, parenthood, temptation of looking at ladies at the gym. Installing a monitor on your internet browser history.

This new christian church is very open and honest with their lives! Enlightening!

I don't understand why a burgler would wait 3 hours to rob a house 2 doors down.

Logically if you rob someone's house, you'd beat your feet out of the neighbourhood. Not stick around 3 hours to commit another felon with your car clearly in view.

It's just baffling

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/11/13/police-chief-rick-hite-to-talk-about-crime-in-indianapolis-give-update-on-pastor-wifes-murder/

Here you go.

Nowhere near 3 hours.

Earlier one happened at 5:30 (plus allow a little time for burglary)

Eric Hench, IMPD investigations, says earlier burglary happened at 5:30. Cameras throughout neighborhood.

He was outside by 6 (likely casing another prospective home as is common) and saw the husband leave:

Converse says Blackburn's husband left shortly after 6am. Says earlier burglary in area was connected. Perps saw opportunity when he left.

[video=twitter;665195193168211968]https://twitter.com/jdisis/status/665195193168211968[/video]

Hench says a dark SUV was spotted in the area. From 6:45-6:55, neighbor reported hearing shots.

www.twitter.com/jdisis/status/665195836893188096

Were LE called immediately after the first break-in that morning in the neighborhood?

Didn't seem that way.

I got the impression that they learned everything once on scene for Amanda.

Wasn't quite clear if the neighbor who saw him walking away from the first house knew for sure he'd broken in there or done something there or what.

She also saw him again by the Blackburn home heading away.

I got the feeling that she was sort of monitoring things and didn't report it period, but that it came out after LE was on scene b/c of Amanda once her husband got home.

It didn't quite seem like that neighbor was the one who heard the shots did either - or at least that's how I took what he said.

Though I wonder if even if that neighbor did if it'd have changed anything? :dunno: Meaning unless LE got there immediately after they were fired, it'd seem unlikely the suspect would have lingered in case someone did hear and call shots fired in. Unless LE went door to door, they'd probably not have known Amanda was shot and inside anyway (I know what I mean, who knows if I'm saying it right! LOL)

It's the one who saw him after the first home that may well may have made a difference since if LE came looking for him after the first, surely he'd not have stuck around the same neighborhood to try it again later.

I'm following this also and think some of what is known sounds strange BUT, not at all impossible. I'm thinking about another crime, in or around Austin Texas a few years ago. I tried looking it up but I can't find it. Someone may remember. A woman was home either recovering from surgery, just had a baby maybe ? and her mother was visiting. Husband left for work earlier in the morning, mother was leaving for the airport in a cab. Lady kissed her mother goodbye and closed the door. Then the doorbell rang, she, thinking Mom forgot something, opened the door to a man and he killed her. Crime of opportunity.

What bothers me in this case is I live in a crime free neighborhood, cul de sac, 3rd from the top circle. You think no one would be stupid enough to break into home that anyone can see. I mean 5 homes full of people can see the front of my house, not to mention the ones in the back can see anyone climbing my privacy fence.

How did this home invader know no one would be up, moving around, looking out a window ? In my neighborhood a steady stream of people are going to work at 5 am to 8 am. Runners at all times. People bicycle in groups at all times. Neighborhood cops rolling through at any given time. A person carrying loot would be noticed. I doubt he robbed one, dropped off the stuff then robbed another plus kill. But maybe that's how it happened.

I thought I was safe. I constantly fuss at my husband for having the garage door up at 5 in the morning. He likes to drink coffee and look around. He comes in, does his morning stuff then leaves but the whole time the garage door is up, vehicle in the garage is unlocked, an open invitation for a criminal mind to hide and come in once he leaves ? He also doesn't lock the mudroom door but does close the garage up when he's in his vehicle. I'm feeling quite exposed here. You think you're safe but maybe you're not ?

If this turns out to be a random crime of opportunity, are any of us really safe ?

This has my spidey senses on edge. Why kill her ?

About the no forced entry. Can be as simple as this. He left for the gym knowing full well he'd be back within 2 hours. He didn't lock the door and bring his keys to the gym.

The only weird thing for me is why the dog didn't' attack the perp. The only conclusion i can come up with is that it was left outside in the yard.

It seems they have video of a suspect. I'm always a huge fan of getting the video OUT there ASAP. Why wait? Honestly, does it ever help to wait?

About the no forced entry. Can be as simple as this. He left for the gym knowing full well he'd be back within 2 hours. He didn't lock the door and bring his keys to the gym.

The only weird thing for me is why the dog didn't' attack the perp. The only conclusion i can come up with is that it was left outside in the yard.

I think most dogs don't attack perps. Do we know what kind of dog it is? Is it typically really aggressive with strangers?

it's a large dog. I'd think most dogs protect their masters. Even my 6 lb shih tzu *lickmonster* and 3lb yorkie would put up a useless fight..~L~

But the reality is most perps will refuse to enter a house where they know a dog is present.
Apparently a better theft deterrent then a home alarm system...

It had to have been outside.

We have discussed many times that our dog would not attack, would not even bark, just want to be petted, and probably roll over on his back to get his tummy rubbed.

I think most dogs don't attack perps. Do we know what kind of dog it is? Is it typically really aggressive with strangers?

Apparently a friendly one, whatever it is.

It went right out to greet LE detectives in the yard and was licking them, etc.

it's a large dog. I'd think most dogs protect their masters. Even my 6 lb shih tzu *lickmonster* and 3lb yorkie would put up a useless fight..~L~

I think a lot of people think dogs will aggress, but many run and hide. My BIL had to climb in through a window in the middle of the night, and then couldn't find their dog - she was hiding under a bed, which is something she never did normally.

It would be an interesting test to see if a man came in and appeared to be assaulting you, if your dogs would fight.

Forgive me, but if perp (robber) was scared and shot at Amanda ...............he was an excellent marksman to shoot her in the back of the head. Jut MOO wouldn't he be better at chest larger area? I wonder how close she was shot. Where on floor was she found? bedroom? livingroom? Did she and baby get up with husband for breakfast? Sorry I missed the presser if the answers were given.

re: the dog - When my house was robbed, the burglar used a broom to wrestle my large dog into a closet. There were teeth marks on the broom. The perp could have shut it in a room or thrown it outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member