IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! I missed the pc so thanks for all the updates!

It looks like the pastor isn't involved in Amanda's death. If LE hadn't connected it with the other burglary I'd still have some suspicions but I can't imagine a hit for hire plan that includes a second crime - that's a little too devious IMO.

So, while I'm not a big fan of the husband - I thought his statement was stone cold regardless of what brand of religion he believes in - I'm ready to accept that Amanda was a random victim. It's a relief since their son will still have a daddy.

The perp burgled a neighborhood house around 5:30 am and shots were heard coming from the Blackburn house around 6:45. A dark SUV was also spotted during that time. I agree that it's odd that he/they would stay in the neighborhood for such a long time. That's pretty ballsy for home invaders as they usually are in and out in a matter of minutes. I'm a little unclear as to whether or not LE is connecting the same perp(s) to the home invasion 10 miles away.

Prior to the pc I was wondering if it was a targeted hit in that the perp(s) were after the collections from the church. They would need someone in the house in case the money was kept in a safe. That scenario doesn't seem to work now that we have more information.

https://twitter.com/jdisis

The perp probably watches for people to leave for work. There is probably a second perp in the dark SUV watching in case someone shows up .jmo

even if you felt threatened by a home invasion? Every dog i've met can sense an owners anxiety and react on it. Would love to meet yours!

They definately will!!!

If a stranger raises a hand in a gesture that looks anywhere near threatening they stare and show their teeth..

Forgive me, bu if perp (robber) was scared and shot at Amanda ...............he was an excellent marksman to shoot her in the back of the head. Jut MOO wouldn't he be better at chest larger area? I wonder how close she was shot. Where on floor was she found? bedroom? livingroom? Did she and baby get up with husband for breakfast? Sorry I missed the presser if the answers were given.

BBM. I've read on this thread that she was shot in the back of the head but haven't seen any news reports saying that. Does anyone have a news link saying it was the back, not the front/side? TIA.

Oh for goodness sake!

Some people are morning people, some people are night owls. Some people work out in the morning, some not at all. It has nothing to do with being self-absorbed.

Can we stop nitpicking the husband? He is a victim and he has been cleared by LE.

I think this is the saddest thread that I have ever read on WS. Terrible tragedy plus such cynicism among us posters.

I am catching up from late last night but wanted to point out a few things. May be a moot point now and already clarified, not sure. I can't find the link now but an article that was posted here yesterday said the husband was cleared "150%", the baby was found in his crib, and yes there were items taken from the home though at that time they were not releasing what those were.

My husband goes to the gym every morning at 6:00 am. He is the LEAST "self absorbed" person that I know! I am still in bed at that time. Anyone could come in the house and kill me!

<modsnip>

Another comparison to Stephanie D. - She had a pit bull in the house who didn't alert or do anything to the hoodie man who came in and shot her in front of her toddler daughter. I was really surprised at that as pits usually will protect their family, which made me think she knew the shooter perhaps or he had met the dog before?

The items were talked about in the presser, TV's and computers.

Forgive me, but if perp (robber) was scared and shot at Amanda ...............he was an excellent marksman to shoot her in the back of the head. Jut MOO wouldn't he be better at chest larger area? I wonder how close she was shot. Where on floor was she found? bedroom? livingroom? Did she and baby get up with husband for breakfast? Sorry I missed the presser if the answers were given.

None of that was released.

I think it was earlier that someone mentioned the baby being in the crib, but I don't even think that was from today.

Long presser but very little actually about this case and they seemed to be very intentionally withholding most info.

I think this is the saddest thread that I have ever read on WS. Terrible tragedy plus such cynicism among us posters.

I am catching up from late last night but wanted to point out a few things. May be a moot point now and already clarified, not sure. I can't find the link now but an article that was posted here yesterday said the husband was cleared "150%", the baby was found in his crib, and yes there were items taken from the home though at that time they were not releasing what those were.

My husband goes to the gym every morning at 6:00 am. He is the LEAST "self absorbed" person that I know! I am still in bed at that time. Anyone could come in the house and kill me!

<modsnip>

I wonder. WHY NOT release what those are? Right now, there may be a pawn shop worker buying the items. Right now, there might be a girlfriend who sees the item in her boyfriend's SUV. Crowdsourcing police work is so effective. Unless they know who this guy is - and it appears they certainly do not - the more information, the better.

Very strange that their large dog would lick a police man, especially after witnessing a traumatic invasion and the owner being shot.

I'd think a normal dog would be hostile against a stranger invading a home (sensing the fear of it's owner)
I also think the dog licked the police man because it was with it's other owner (davie)

This case is so very strange :( Heart bleeds for the family)

ETA: most burglers will avoid a home with a dog.....in hindsight, perhaps the dog was put out in the backyard before davie went to the gym?

This reminds me of Nicole Brown Simpson's large Aketa dog, wondering around docile and friendly, never attacked the killer.

It seems they have video of a suspect. I'm always a huge fan of getting the video OUT there ASAP. Why wait? Honestly, does it ever help to wait?

Maybe they are trying to enhance it?

About the no forced entry. Can be as simple as this. He left for the gym knowing full well he'd be back within 2 hours. He didn't lock the door and bring his keys to the gym.

The only weird thing for me is why the dog didn't' attack the perp. The only conclusion i can come up with is that it was left outside in the yard.

if he was outside, wouldn't he bark allot???

http://www.scottsdalepethotel.com/why-dogs-are-so-protective-of-their-owners/

Most family dogs are protective of their owners.
Dogs are extremely clever and are fully aware that their master takes good care of them. It is only natural for a dog that is treated well to repay the favor by ensuring his master comes to no harm. Although dogs are extremely loyal, part of that loyalty comes from a self-preservation instinct, as they know that if their owner is hurt, their food and shelter arrangements are at risk.

Read more: http://www.scottsdalepethotel.com/why-dogs-are-so-protective-of-their-owners/#ixzz3rOV6C9rU

It seems they have video of a suspect. I'm always a huge fan of getting the video OUT there ASAP. Why wait? Honestly, does it ever help to wait?

I get the feeling they are fishing for something and that's why.

I'm just not sure what...

There was A LOT of emphasize on aiding and abetting criminals, categorizing things as not snitching, and how someone knows where the TVs, etc. went

Plus then the pressure to even turn in family members and you just don't ignore this when it happens.

I feel like that bit corresponds with the lack of real specifics being released now.

I'm not quite sure how, but with almost more emphasis on that component than anything else, it seems key to them, for whatever reason.

My one thought is that they may think this is a larger group and are hoping they may get more people 'outed' than not if the description given was general enough that several think it could be ___ (whomever they know) if that makes sense?

Why shoot her and not other people this guy robbed? Was she raped? Was that ever mentioned? Tight timeline.. how do they prove she wasnt shot at 530 AM for example? JMO

It is strange that LE talks about the perp but does not give any crime info such as...was the house actually burglarized a few doors down? At the presser they mention the "perp" walking from that house to the Pastors, obviously empty-handed, so was anything taken from the first house? If no, why are they saying an attempted burglary? Just because they saw this guy walking from that house to Pastor's? Were there pry marks on doors, etc? Perhaps perp was just hiding or concealing himself at house 2 doors down until he saw pastor leave? LE has not released where body was found, husbands 911 call, any evidence found, or any info from the house 2 doors down. They are keeping ALOT to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3