DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH I totally agree here!
Amanda was the target.

Now why?

there are a few ways this could go.

Not according to LE who have said they believe the Blackburn robbery was a crime of opportunity as they saw Davey leaving and then chose to hit that house.

Way up thread is a picture map of the street. It's not a cul de sac like we were all thinking. There is one road in and one road out. It's kind of a curve in the street. Sorry I didn't save the link so you could see it's more like a regular street than a cul de sac.

Either way, where was the guy between 5.30 and 6.45?

Jealous ex, like Kendra Hatcher?

I'm not convinced Amanda was a specific target though.

Amanda was not the target. She was the victim. I keep thinking about her husband returning home to that terrible scene and wondering what he did first. Did he call police or rush upstairs to see if his baby was still alive.

This is just the saddest thing. I think about her sister they look like twins and how proud her parents always look in pictures of Amanda her sister and brother and their families.

Her little baby boy will never feel his mothers arms around him ever again. I wonder too if when he sees Amanda's sister that looks so much like his mommy if he will think it's her.

Sad..so very sad. What has been taken away will never be returned.

youd look at the clock first.

My dog barks randomly at many things. I would think nothing if he barked from inside the house at what I thought might sound like a gunshot inside another house nearby. I never look at the clock when he barks. Why would I?

Plus, of course, he broke in the neighbor's at 5:30, he has to take some time to get things out of the house.

That's hardly leaving him any time in between, drive around a little bit to case and see if there were any other plausible targets, notice Davey leaving, then break in there sometime after 6:11.

Figure again he may have been in there trying to get things prior to what seems likely to have been an encounter with Amanda around 6:45, we're not talking some guy who is sitting around as a sitting duck.

Casing other homes is extremely common when breaking into one. Why only get one when you can do two or three?!

I can't remember who posted it, but their addresses (the burgled 5:30 home and the Blackburn's) share a common fence line/back yard per the crime watch map incident report. I wonder if the perp smoked. Cig butts would have DNA, that's for sure.

We were burgled when I was a teen. I was home alone with our dog. I was asleep with my bedroom door closed. This was around 3:30 in the afternoon. Now, mind you, we had FIVE doors that one could enter the home and we never used the heavy large wooden front door. The perps used a crow bar and busted the wooden door open, put out a cigarette on our wooden kitchen table, took the dog past my bedroom door and into my brother's room to shut him in there....and then my dad drove up in the driveway (my brother's window faced the driveway).

I awoke to my father freaking out with his handgun in his hand wanting to know if I was okay and what happened. I had no clue. Slept through the whole thing! No TV, no music, no nothing. This was 30 years ago. It happened then, and it happens now.

Amanda was not the target. She was the victim. I keep thinking about her husband returning home to that terrible scene and wondering what he did first. Did he call police or rush upstairs to see if his baby was still alive.

This is just the saddest thing. I think about her sister they look like twins and how proud her parents always look in pictures of Amanda her sister and brother and their families.

Her little baby boy will never feel his mothers arms around him ever again. I wonder too if when he sees Amanda's sister that looks so much like his mommy if he will think it's her.

BBM: Tears. :(

I don't think she was a target either. If someone wanted to murder her it wouldn't have been done where there might be witnesses, security cameras, neighbors, a crying baby, and a husband due home at any moment. There wouldn't be DNA left behind or anything stolen. I think it was a terrible, unfortunate act of random violence and imo there's a strong possibility the thief/murderer thought she would be asleep or not home.

And it wasn't just the SUV on MANY videos on MANY streets, but hoodie guy was seen on MANY videos as well.
RSBM

Well, that's good news. This verifies at least one suspect.
Is there a link for 'hoodie guy' being seen on more than one surveillance cam.?

I was going to try to figure out a timeline for this tragedy, but different msm news sites don't seem to have their ducks in a row.
If anyone who is good at sleuthing can come up with a timeline -- that would be helpful.

We know from LE that the first house was burglarized at 5:30. I'm assuming the first break in was caught by home security, otherwise how would LE know it happened at 5:30 ?
Am still trying to discover if anyone called LE regarding the first break in.
( And btw, I don't think that LE has to tell us why they know the first break in was at 5:30 ; since they are under no obligation to release info. that might jeopardize this case. )

DB left his house 40 minutes later.
And then a neighbor heard gunshots at 6:45 ; an hour and 15 minutes later.
Still seems like a while for a home invader to wait between breaking into another home ? Did he/she/they wait in the suv ?

And was any of this called in prior to Amanda being shot ?

Just thinking out loud, and my .02 as always.

Another pregnant wife (Janet Abaroa) that was killed while the husband was "at a soccer game" and little boy was left unharmed. That was in Durham, NC
That was quite a long morning workout hubby had! So I quess we will see if he was at the gym the whole time, 2+ hours that morning...
Jmo

We have no idea how far he had to drive to the gym, whether he got coffee or gas first, etc. That's really not that long at the gym for someone who looks like him.

I wonder how long your average burglar stays in a home they are burgling. I would think they would be in and out quickly, I have no idea, but maybe 10 minutes tops? And these are small houses, not mansions which would take longer to rummage through.

But if the burglar knew the homeowners were away, they could hang out longer. I wonder if neighbors knew this homeowner(s) was away.

If the first house was burgled at 5:30am, remaining in the house until after 6:11am is a rather long duration. Unless the "burglar" was waiting for something specific, like Davey leaving for the gym.

Either way, where was the guy between 5.30 and 6.45?

He was in the neighbor's house robbing it - that isn't a 1 minute process.

He was walking in the neighborhood - per LE and witnesses.

He was presumably in the vehicle casing at some point.

And he was near enough the Blackburn home at 6:11 to see Davey leaving and then act.

Then he gets in the house, figure 6:15-6:20

Then he's in the process of taking things there and a confrontation with Amanda likely happens.

Possibly a struggle, maybe a sexual assault, and ultimately shoots her at 6:45.

All of that could have happened without any real sitting around time.

According to a report on ABC World News (I have no link yet) IIRC he arrived at 6:21 AM at LA Fitness and left at around 8:21 AM, cameras show him arriving and AT the facility during that time. It seems to me that LE has had time to look at video in the neighborhood for some time before during and after.

ETA: It was estimated that the home is 10-12 minutes from LA Fitness.

JMO's

What rage this perp must have! A crime of opportunity - a robbery - turns into a murder as well?

Three shots? This person must have felt extreme anger to even NEED to shoot 3 times at a young pregnant woman. Again, with only the original intent to simply rob. And than I'd assume with zero self defense prepared, except her hands possibly, Amanda would have gone down even from the first 2 shots. This was not a bb gun i assume?

If this is the idea being presented at this point, i do hope to God that a man hunt is underway in IN & this kind of person, this type of rage, is quickly caught.

Thats very scary.

I can't remember who posted it, but their addresses (the burgled 5:30 home and the Blackburn's) share a common fence line/back yard per the crime watch map incident report. I wonder if the perp smoked. Cig butts would have DNA, that's for sure.

<snip>

True about the cigs if he smoked (though that seems like time you'd not necessarily risk to me, but I clearly don't have the mindset of someone who would do this so...lol)

The one reason I'm not sure I see the yard/fence as very relevant in this case is that we have both witnesses and videos accounting for hoodie guy using the front door.

I guess he could have put stuff out the back door for someone else if he had a lookout, but then the lookout is sort of 'out of commission' in that role.

I'm looking forward to when they get the suspect(s) arrested because search warrants may give us more insight into some of this!

The photo of Amanda holding him here melts my heart anyway, but even moreso knowing there won't be more photos like that for them :(

http://ktla.com/2015/11/12/pastors-...ter-being-shot-in-indianapolis-home-invasion/

This is a report from today. Still looking for link to last night's report.

"Investigators have determined that the suspects went into the neighbor's house at 5:30 a.m. and Blackburn's husband, Pastor Davey Blackburn, is seen leaving his home at 6:11 a.m. to go to a gym."

"They saw an opportunity to burglarize another home," a law enforcement official said.

"A neighbor reported hearing shots fired between 6:45 a.m. and 6:55 a.m. and surveillance footage from the neighborhood that has been collected by police shows a man leaving Blackburn's house and driving away in an SUV, police said."

url]http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-pastors-wifes-murder-caught-video-police/story?id=35177832[/url]

<modsnip>

RSBM

Since DB is cleared, we should assume that he IS on camera the entire time he said he was there.

Plus, in order to clear someone, they must have gone through ALL of his phone records, interviewed friends/family, checked out his online activities, interviewed people at the gym, etc.
Before someone can be cleared, LE goes through every molecule of their lives around the time of the incident (like in the months leading up to the break in-- and what DB did, said,or communicated online immediately after this tragedy.)
And I'm sure they looked at everywhere DB's cellphone pinged around this time.

No one is cleared unless every nook and cranny of their activities has been investigated -- so if LE says DB's alibi and everything else is 'solid' ; we have to believe he's innocent.

LE would not say someone is cleared if they had the least suspicion; because if they said someone is innocent and later evidence proves otherwise-- they open themselves up to litigation.
:moo:

Burglary is such a serious crime, and one that very often escalates to murder. jmo Combine this with the very good possibility that the burglar(s) may have been high.. it's the randomness that's so hard to understand.jmo

I think it's possible, and while he was walking around someone else was behind the wheel.
That's what happened here in New Orleans in April when a father and son were murdered during a home invasion. The male suspect was creeping around the neighborhood, burglarizing cars, while his gf waited in a stolen SUV. The perp saw an opportunity to enter a home, shot the father and son "execution style". Mom was asleep in her bed, and awakened by gunshots to find her husband and son dead.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworle...10984-123/metairie-father-son-killings-random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee