IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a large city and feel safer in my apartment here than I ever did living in a house in the suburbs. So many points of entry in a house and no one close by to hear you scream.

Again, LE seems to be disputing that in multiple places. Here's just one:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...o-cops-n463116

But even going with your insistence that LE is wrong and Amanda and her home were targeted, it seems to me the fact that they DID NOT break in there first also disputes that scenario.

If the Blackburn home was the target, why would someone risk getting caught breaking into a different home first?

He wouldn't know LE wouldn't be called or an alarm wouldn't go off or someone might not notice.

He wouldn't be able to be sure even if he hit house one that he could still make it to the Blackburn home without getting caught.

And if he really was targeting Amanda and the house and knew Davey's schedule, why wouldn't he simply arrive AFTER Davey left in order to go in and not risk anything else? Or at least not 45 minutes early?

I just don't see how any of that makes any sense, even if you discount what LE has said. :dunno:

The way she was murdered seem like she was targeted.
To be shot in the head is just overkill.
Very sad.

I was thinking this person knew the ppl in the first home were not there. Possibly knows them maybe by work or lawn worker. If this person knows them maybe they knew Amanda and her Husband and saw opportunity when he saw husband leave!

Home invasion is a much more serious crime than people realize , even if no one in the home is injured or killed.
It would be a good thing if crimes like this were to have more severe consequences.
As for the one who took Amanda's life -- I am hoping for the DP !
Let him or her feel a fraction of the fear and anguish this young lady must have felt , and to be brutally gunned down with her child in the house and another one on the way. She did not deserve this.
MOO

Remember Denise Amber Lee???

Very sad.

I was thinking this person knew the ppl in the first home were not there. Possibly knows them maybe by work or lawn worker. If this person knows them maybe they knew Amanda and her Husband and saw opportunity when he saw husband leave!

What? How is that overkill? If he wanted her dead so she could not identify him it seems like "efficient" kill, not overkill.

If I was inside my home and heard something sounding like a gunshot at that time, I might notice, but dismiss it. If I was outside and heard it coming specifically from inside someone's home, I might take it more seriously. There probably were not a lot of people walking around outside at that time of day.

Just over a year ago, I was awake late at night with my bedroom window open a little as I sat reading. I heard what sounded like a gunshot. It was only one, though, and I live near a couple of busy roadways so I assumed it was a backfire or maybe somebody drunk blowing up a firework! A few days later, I learned a friend of my cousin had killed himself with a gun and he lived about 2 blocks from me. It haunts me still, and probably always will, that I heard that sound and had no idea it meant someone's life had just ended.

What? How is that overkill? If he wanted her dead so she could not identify him it seems like "efficient" kill, not overkill.

Sorry to shoot a young mother with a child in the head after u already shot her 2 times is overkill to me, And if u assume he did this so she couldn't identify him to me means she knew him...Ruthless vicious murderer.

Sorry to shoot a young mother with a child in the head after u already shot her 2 times is overkill to me, And if u assume he did this so she couldn't identify him to me means she knew him...Ruthless vicious murderer.

I don't think it was overkill. I think it shows how panicked and out of his league he was. Shot twice and she wasn't dead? Did he expect to kill her by shooting her in the hand? I also think it's possible there was a struggle and that explains the random shots.

JMO

I respectfully disagree. The first two shots sound like they could have happened in a struggle. The final blow to the head was either out of anger due the struggle or wanting to protect his identity. I don't think the only reason for wanting to protect his identity is because she knew him. He had just shot her, twice, after all, and burgled another house.

I am pleased to find out tonight that my suspicions of the husband based on his statement were misplaced. "Pleased" isn't appropriate in this terrible situation, but I think you all will understand what I mean. I was wrong in suspecting the husband. It is a huge relief to me that their little boy will grow up with a loving father, not one who killed his mother.

<modsnip>

RSBM

Since DB is cleared, we should assume that he IS on camera the entire time he said he was there.

Plus, in order to clear someone, they must have gone through ALL of his phone records, interviewed friends/family, checked out his online activities, interviewed people at the gym, etc.
Before someone can be cleared, LE goes through every molecule of their lives around the time of the incident (like in the months leading up to the break in-- and what DB did, said,or communicated online immediately after this tragedy.)
And I'm sure they looked at everywhere DB's cellphone pinged around this time.

No one is cleared unless every nook and cranny of their activities has been investigated -- so if LE says DB's alibi and everything else is 'solid' ; we have to believe he's innocent.

LE would not say someone is cleared if they had the least suspicion; because if they said someone is innocent and later evidence proves otherwise-- they open themselves up to litigation.
:moo:

Yes, they certainly must have been very thorough and extremely efficient to gather all that information and verify it so rapidly! Really good LE there in Indy, I wish more police departments were able to respond the way they have to ensure this gets solved.

Perhaps already answered but i dont understand... all these surveillance cameras.. but no burglar alarms?

I don't think it was overkill. I think it shows how panicked and out of his league he was. Shot twice and she wasn't dead? Did he expect to kill her by shooting her in the hand? I also think it's possible there was a struggle and that explains the random shots.

JMO

Agree. Shots to the hand and torso may not kill someone, which explains the horrific shot to her head.

Admin has made it abundantly clear that the husband has been cleared in this case and to stop attacking him.

My apologies to all, when I posted a criticism of the victim's husband I had not read the clearing of him as a suspect. I was reading the thread from the bottom up.

Very sad.

I don't think it was intended to be over kill. I do think he intended to kill her however. This is just a guess of course. One of the shots was too Amanda's hand. I wonder if he pulled the gun and she was trying to defend herself by putting up her hand. She may have then tried to get away and the following two shots happened fast and at a moving target. The whole thing is heartbreaking!

I'm with the poster (sorry cannot recall who) who stated the hand/torso wound happened at the same time. A mother instinctually puts her hand over her belly if she senses/or obviously sees danger.

Which breaks my heart. [emoji24]

I was tired from preping the house for work to be done and I napped on the couch with eyeshades and earplugs so my husband goes on his daily walk and leaves the garage door open.Boy did he get chewed out when I got up and noticed.He will also be told about this case.

I was tired from preping the house for work to be done and I napped on the couch with eyeshades and earplugs so my husband goes on his daily walk and leaves the garage door open.Boy did he get chewed out when I got up and noticed.He will also be told about this case.

My husband and I have had these...um..."conversations" more times than I can count. He does pretty well most of the time, but all it takes is once. I've decided in 49 years of marriage that men don't have the "fear of rape card" in their deck that women do, so it's hard for them to internalize our reminders to lock the #%$&@ door! We just have to keep telling them horror stories like this one. Of course, we don't know if a door was left unlocked at Amanda's house, and I hope her husband won't have to live with that guilt.

I wonder if the "shot in the back of the head" came from the husband finding her face up. Seems like it was reported as an "assault", so maybe the gunshot wound was to the back of the head and it wasn't immediately apparent? Has the 911 call been released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member