IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a video of Amanda and Davey last evening. What a lovely woman she was. She lit up the stage!

I think we will find a long rap sheet & past history of Breaking & Entering (B&E) on this perp---and I think LE will apprehend him soon.

Moo

I think we will find a long rap sheet & past history of Breaking & Entering (B&E) on this perp---and I think LE will apprehend him soon.

Moo
Yes. Does not seem like an experienced burglar based on the location (cul-de-sac - only one point of entry), the odd timing etc. Seemed like someone desperate and out of their mind and who has a history of breaking into places for quick cash with not much planning. Probably drug history. MOO of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Yes. Does not seem like an experienced burglar based on the location (cul-de-sac - only one point of entry), the odd timing etc. Seemed like someone desperate and out of their mind and who has a history of breaking into places for quick cash with not much planning. Probably drug history. MOO of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

ITA----history of B+E, drug usage & petty crimes....
I think the drug usage escalates it all into the horror of this event.
We shall see soon enough.

Prayers to the family members. RIP Amanda & baby.

A recap of yesterday's presser, nothing that hasn't already been posted. But this picture ... so sad for her son and his unborn sister.

72191ad5dea3f106ed773accc6cbdb6e.jpg

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-blackburn-slaying-press-conference/75696864/

A recap of yesterday's presser, nothing that hasn't already been posted. But this picture ... so sad for her son and his unborn sister.

72191ad5dea3f106ed773accc6cbdb6e.jpg

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-blackburn-slaying-press-conference/75696864/

Such a sweet picture, he is adorbs!

It's heartbreaking to me that most likely the baby's gender was revealed by the coroner. There are some high powered ultrasound machines that can tell gender at 12 weeks but I don't think they are commonplace in many practices at this point (but idk?). Evie, is a sweet name.

Such a sweet picture, he is adorbs!

It's heartbreaking to me that most likely the baby's gender was revealed by the coroner. There are some high powered ultrasound machines that can tell gender at 12 weeks but I don't think they are commonplace in many practices at this point (but idk?). Evie, is a sweet name.

My guess is they did the blood test that tells you as early as 9-10 weeks. Seems more and more people are going that route lately as many insurance companies cover it.

I was really hoping there would be a name or sketch released this morning, or at least a still from video footage. I guess I expected more of a sense of urgency if the suspect did what LE says he did. Am I missing something?

Can I just ask a question without calling any victim a suspect: how does LE know for a fact this wasn't a muder for hire? (Maybe a rival pastor meant to take out husband but he wasn't home, etc, I mean god knows the things we have seen here on WS).

Make it look like a robbery.....

How do they know so soon?

Hoping for news.

I woke this morning thinking how scared everyone must be in that neighborhood. Probably afraid to go outside, watching through a window in a darkened room all night, barely able to sleep. Being so locked down it must feel like a prison. This is looking like a random crime. They must feel so vulnerable. The stress level off the chart. I'd be thinking if a stranger can get in and take out a young pregnant mother, what chance do I have as an older woman not nearly as healthy ? This crime scares me to my core. That poor girl. Her last moments on this Earth were filled with fear. It's so unfair.

He didn't have to kill her. If he wanted stuff she probably would have said take what you want. IT'S JUST REPLACEABLE STUFF. But no, he HAD to kill her. That I can't get my mind around at all.

When they catch the that did this, I hope he suffers in prison. I don't like feeling this way but this vermin has ruined a lot of lives and has stripped everyone of peace of mind forever. Not to mention countless stolen lives. I have hate in my heart. And I'm not a hate filled person. This is just a senseless murder.

I wish the police would release some stills of the videos. To fight the monster people need to see the monster. The not knowing makes this harder on everyone.

Hoping for news.

I woke this morning thinking how scared everyone must be in that neighborhood. Probably afraid to go outside, watching through a window in a darkened room all night, barely able to sleep. Being so locked down it must feel like a prison. This is looking like a random crime. They must feel so vulnerable. The stress level off the chart. I'd be thinking if a stranger can get in and take out a young pregnant mother, what chance do I have as an older woman not nearly as healthy ? This crime scares me to my core. That poor girl. Her last moments on this Earth were filled with fear. It's so unfair.

He didn't have to kill her. If he wanted stuff she probably would have said take what you want. IT'S JUST REPLACEABLE STUFF. But no, he HAD to kill her. That I can't get my mind around at all.

When they catch the that did this, I hope he suffers in prison. I don't like feeling this way but this vermin has ruined a lot of lives and has stripped everyone of peace of mind forever. Not to mention countless stolen lives. I have hate in my heart. And I'm not a hate filled person. This is just a senseless murder.

I wish the police would release some stills of the videos. To fight the monster people need to see the monster. The not knowing makes this harder on everyone.

BBM. I think it's going to end up being someone very young, possibly a teenager. A teenager who is not bright and panicked.

I wonder if photos aren't being released because there's something distinctive about this person's appearance they don't want him to change. For example, dreadlocks like in the Hannah Graham case.

Can I just ask a question without calling any victim a suspect: how does LE know for a fact this wasn't a muder for hire? (Maybe a rival pastor meant to take out husband but he wasn't home, etc, I mean god knows the things we have seen here on WS).

Make it look like a robbery.....

How do they know so soon?

I don't think they can know for sure just yet. They have to be running through any and every possibility one would think.

I do get why they've said what they've said about the case, whatever leads they're chasing up have to be kept quiet.

My guess is they did the blood test that tells you as early as 9-10 weeks. Seems more and more people are going that route lately as many insurance companies cover it.

I wonder if that differs between states. I haven't heard of anyone taking a gender blood test. Interesting. Thanks I learned something today :)

Another reason I thought they found out the gender after death is because she spent time in the hospital. I don't know the protocol on dying and early pregnancy. Do they leave baby alone or deliver(at 12 weeks they probably wouldn't).

I also wonder if LE encouraged the husband to say what name they had already chosen for the baby. In the hopes it would tug on the heart strings of someone who may have information. I think they encourage parents to say their child's name in missing children cases so that there is personalization with the victim.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the actual case, just my musings.

I found out the gender of my last baby at 11 weeks by the MaterniT21 test. However, my insurance requires you to be high risk (mine due to maternal age) to cover it. You can opt to pay it out of pocket, though. It's $250-300.

ETA: my bet is on the autopsy, though, because no one mentioned Evie Grace by name until after it.

I watched a video of Amanda and Davey last evening. What a lovely woman she was. She lit up the stage!

I did too! It was the Q and A they just did in October. They were one of those couples that seemed to have a very deep connection and you could just tell they were meant to be together. I can't even fathom the pain of losing not only a spouse but a very intricate part of a church and ministry that he obviously holds dear.

Hoping for news.

Yes it does make it hard and scary and creepy. How often will people check their windows & doors and security systems before they crawl in bed each night? How often will they look around the area where they are before they get in & out of their cars and homes? Not many kids will be playing outside at dusk, I'm betting. Something like this just changes the fabric of things great & small. It's so unfair.

OTOH, I would think that this cul-de-sac should be one of the safest places in the area now. No way this perp is going to dare to skulk around that area again -- unless he lives in or near the area -- or unless he's dumber than dirt, IMO.

Will he dare to do it again in some other area any time soon? Is he desperate enuff -- drug problem, maybe? Or is he smart enuff to leave the area -- he would need the $$ for gas or other transportation or a partner who has it. I'm sure LE in the area are on their toes about this thing and doing a lot patrolling... Let's hope.

This is just so dayam sad.

BBM. I think it's going to end up being someone very young, possibly a teenager. A teenager who is not bright and panicked.

I wonder if photos aren't being released because there's something distinctive about this person's appearance they don't want him to change. For example, dreadlocks like in the Hannah Graham case.
BBM

IDK. I would think they'd be more likely to release photos of him if there were something very distinctive about his appearance. There is no direct witness, other than a neighbor who saw him pull his hood over his face. If there is something distinctive about his appearance and he changes after LE puts out a photo or description of the feature, it will draw suspicion from those who know him. KWIM?

BBM

IDK. I would think they'd be more likely to release photos of him if there were something very distinctive about his appearance. There is no direct witness, other than a neighbor who saw him pull his hood over his face. If there is something distinctive about his appearance and he changes after LE puts out a photo or description of the feature, it will draw suspicion from those who know him. KWIM?
Agreed! I also found it strange that they chose NOT to release his picture yesterday. Sniff this dirt ball out & let everyone know who he is. As many eyes as possible to get this person off of the street.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BBM

Eh, not necessarily. Would Jesse Matthew's friends and family thought it "suspicious" if he'd shaved off his dreadlocks after Hannah Graham's murder? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom