IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's selling the merchandise for drug money, though, he will likely try the quickest method, so maybe a pawn shop. Being caught on surveillance and all makes me think he isn't that savvy about covering his tracks. With that in mind, and if LE can't find DNA on file for this guy from previous arrests, it's likely that the perp is quite young. Perhaps the driver of the SUV is older and more experienced, and recruited someone young to do the risky part.

ETA: If the SUV driver is more experienced at thefts, I guess he would know to avoid pawn shops. But, I doubt he's had much experience with burglaries. I think he's just the "ringleader."

<modsnip> I saw an reenactment video on yahoo this morning. I don't know how accurate it was but it showed the torso hit was very low on her. it looked like the kind of shot someone would make to take out the baby. It's making me ill just typing this. I have no clue yet as to what's going on. It gives me a bad feeling. I'm a trusting soul and get tricked more often than not, but some of this stuff gives me pause.

Do you have a link? How do they know specifically where on her torso she was shot?

Eat you posted it while I was typing. Thanks.

That link just takes me to a general search. Which video?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is what I'm talking about: maybe someone GAVE him cash after the job and helped him get far away.
Somehow, I don't think these guys have many resources for going very far. They seem rather unfamiliar with covering their tracks. My guess is they are keeping a low profile right now but haven't gone far.

I was just on indianapolis Craigslist. But since i don't know the make and model of what was stolen then it was pointless for me to be there.

It would be easier to give it to your local drug dealer for drugs and let them sell it for a higher price later.

Maybe the cops should release similar photos of the items stolen from the other house. This way future or past buyers online or in the street will know. Some criminals are fighting court cases and they would love to give this guy up for a reduced sentence or whatever. Jmo

Can't get the video to load, but I think it's complete bunk. LE has not said at all where specifically in her torso she was shot. Ridiculous.

I would check Craigslist for someone selling a laptop or whatever was stolen. That's usually where you will find a quick buyer. Pawnshops are more risky these days. And most people he know are probably broke or not interested as well. Jmo

I am wondering if he took her rings? Something I learned at an Insurance Seminar. They said to take pictures of everything of value you own. A picture of her rings, if stolen, would really help LE.

Some states require a pawn broker to send LE copies of rings and valuables that are turned in. Not sure about Indiana.

I found this and there is more to read at the link.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...a-pawnshop-laws-aim-to-catch-a-thief/5166313/

When someone comes into his store to sell *jewelry, Dutton must *photograph each of the items as well as the *seller&#8217;s driver&#8217;s license or personal ID card.

All of the information and items must be kept, unaltered, for at least 10 days so local police have enough time to search coin and pawnshops for stolen merchandise in the event of a burglary.

I was just on indianapolis Craigslist. But since i don't know the make and model of what was stolen then it was pointless for me to be there.

It would be easier to give it to your local drug dealer for drugs and let them sell it for a higher price later.

Maybe the cops should release similar photos of the items stolen from the other house. This way future or past buyers online or in the street will know. Some criminals are fighting court cases and they would love to give this guy up for a reduced sentence or whatever. Jmo

Every laptop, computer, tablet is a bit different just from us using them. A sticker here or a scratch there or a button that doesn't work and has tape on it.

I am getting really anxious with no pictures, no video, no idea what was stolen at either home.

We can help. When will they realize that. Look at you already looking at Craigs List but darn it...you don't really know what to look for.

If this fellow is working for some big time group they don't sell their stuff so quickly. Many times when police raid a place they find tons of stolen items just waiting for the right time and place to get rid of.

If he is a guy on his own with only a driver or girlfriend driving the car then he might make a mistake for quick money.

There were a ton of LE at that press conference. The most I have ever seen across a podium. Surely this little punk isn't going to fool all of them???

This guy has a gun.. that we know.. he is dangerous.... this is about ambushing this guy before he can reach for his "piece" and kill a cop, imo. He cant hide forever.. if they cant take him by surprise or really cant find him then the video will be released... JMO

This guy has a gun.. that we know.. he is dangerous.... this is about ambushing this guy before he can reach for his "piece" and kill a cop, imo. He cant hide forever.. if they cant take him by surprise or really cant find him then the video will be released... JMO

Yes, once that is released he becomes desperate imo

By then he might be gone. Missed opportunities.

You know.. he is very dangerous. Most punks run they don't shoot a pregnant woman three times. Surely he could have pushed her down and ran.

I can't believe he was drugged up because he hit two homes. Seems to be a bit of a stylish dresser with the suede hoodie. I'm kind of curious what that looks like.

I was going to bring a picture of one but all I find are SeanJohn Hoodies that are all suede. I think this one said a suede bottom only.

See we don't even know what they are looking for.

I don't think she is the first person he has shot/killed. He walked away from that scene that morning. He didn't run away like someone panicked or scared or freaked out about what just happened. He was just like business as usual. He went in with a gun and was prepared to use it because he has used a gun before imo

I hope it isn't someone she knows. Again, with no forced entry person may have knocked. Could be member of congregation?

Can't get the video to load, but I think it's complete bunk. LE has not said at all where specifically in her torso she was shot. Ridiculous.

Like I said before I don't know how accurate it is, but if it's been posted on MSN it's fair game here. I've said before I don't believe much of what's in any of the news online. So if its bunk, it's not my fault.

I redid the video, try it again.

Okay. It looks like a diagram of where she was shot, not a reenactment of the shooting. It also didn't diagram the other two shots. Do we know exactly where on her torso the bullet entered? I haven't seen that information, so I don't know. Without knowing that the video imo doesn't prove or show anything.

I hope that helps.

I respectfully disagree. The first two shots sound like they could have happened in a struggle. The final blow to the head was either out of anger due the struggle or wanting to protect his identity. I don't think the only reason for wanting to protect his identity is because she knew him. He had just shot her, twice, after all, and burgled another house.

I'm very skeptical at this point. It is difficult to me to explain why a burglar would risk neighbors hearing the gunshots and possibly witnessing him fleeing the home in daylight hours. Makes no sense to me. Home Invasion is an entirely different mode of operation. Invaders force their way into the home loudly and violently to traumatize and terrorize their victims, get what they want and leave quickly. This case is leaving me with many questions I can't discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me