IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does LE plan to release the photo of suspect? Or any still shots of the suv?

Why do you think the killer waited until 8:30, when DB returned home, to leave? Do you think he sneaked out the back door as DB walked through the front door?

The guy in the hoodie was seen at the other home where goods were stolen at 5:30. Because they took larger merchandise from that home, it would have taken while to load the SUV. The guy in the SUV likely saw DB leaving and considered it a good opportunity to hit another home. DB left around 6:11 AM (according to MSM reports). Gunshots were heard by neighbors around 6:45 - 6:55 AM. I will look for the times, but I think the burglar was seen outside shortly after the gunshots. 8:30 is when DB returned home and found his wife.

Humm why didn't the neighbors seeing all of this call the police? It would have kept a young wife and mother from being murdered.

Ok so if he saw Davey leave, that means he was sat outside in the cul de sac from 5.30 to 8.30.

3 hours of a black guy in a black SUV sitting in a (no doubt) mainly White cul de sac.

So why did no one see him sitting there for hours? Or driving in, driving out, twice over?

Did he go to Maccas in those 3 hours, waiting specifically for Davy to go to gym?

It just doesn't make sense.
Do you have a link that says the perpetrator was sitting in an SUV, or even hung around, for three hours?

Police: Suspect in killing of pastor's wife seen on surveillance
By Crimesider Staff CBS/AP November 13, 2015, 12:13 PM

[...]

Police believe that a burglar or burglars entered the other house around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday and took televisions and laptop computers, which they believe were put into a dark colored SUV.

Investigators believe the suspect then saw Davey Blackburn leaving his home about 40 minutes later. A neighbor reported hearing gunshots at about 6:45.

"We believe that the people saw this as a home where they could get in and take some things. It just so happens that Amanda was home ... and she was murdered," said Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Capt. Craig Converse.

He said that one suspect was seen on security cameras walking near the Blackburns' home.

In a cul de sac, any car that suddenly appears while you are rushing to get your kids and self out the door on time, WILL be noticed as its something that disturbs the routine, even in a tiny way.

I always had my eye out for strange cars, because I had little kids and was paranoid as heck.

There will be similar smother mothers in the cul de sac.

Or a retiree who's enjoyment is watching the littlies go to and fro.

People think "no one's home during the day" but I can tell you, people are home. And watching. And taking notice.

Right, but so early in the morning who is going to do anything about it? They would notice it and get back to starting their day. The people who were home - maybe they're talking to LE about what they saw. I don't think people are likely to call 911 every time a strange car shows up in the neighborhood.

Are you saying there was never an SUV on the street?

<modsnip>

The memorial is supposed to be broadcast online. No link ready yet though I'm sure it will be on the church's website and SM when it's time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM

No, he didn't sit there for hours. The husband found his wife at around 8:30. Reports state that she was shot much earlier... around 6:45. That killer was most likely gone by 7:00 -- and it was still dark then. I doubt that anyone was out walking their dog or jogging in the dark, and most people are oblivious to what's outside that early in the morning.

Maybe the person who thought they heard a gunshot could have been a bit more attentive to checking things out, but as I said, many people are slow to react early in the morning.
BBM

Since it would be very unusual to hear a gunshot in that neighborhood, I suspect neighbors didn't realize it was actually a gunshot until they learned of the shooting and then made the connection. They may have been startled by the sound, but dismissed it as something as benign as a truck backfiring. MOO

Right, but so early in the morning who is going to do anything about it? They would notice it and get back to starting their day. The people who were home - maybe they're talking to LE about what they saw. I don't think people are likely to call 911 every time a strange car shows up in the neighborhood.

Are you saying there was never an SUV on the street?

This is what I'm trying to figure out SapphireSteel, are you saying that what LE has reported about what was seen on video is a lie?

respectfully snipped to save space
"He said that one suspect was seen on security cameras walking near the Blackburns' home."
does that mean more than 1 suspect...............could be 2 or more!

respectfully snipped to save space
"He said that one suspect was seen on security cameras walking near the Blackburns' home."
does that mean more than 1 suspect...............could be 2 or more!

I think it's possible, and while he was walking around someone else was behind the wheel.

Well I feel like a idiot for blaming hubby. Sorry.

Thanks for having the class to come back here and say so, Dex. :tyou:

Earlier this morning I was about ready to give up on you (and WS) due to the blatant (and not-so-subtle) religious intolerance going on here. :mad:

And worse yet, I almost put a stop on the shipment of tutus and sweaters for the meerkats.

:noooo:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 199
Do you have a link that says the perpetrator was sitting in an SUV, or even hung around, for three hours?

[...]

Police believe that a burglar or burglars entered the other house around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday and took televisions and laptop computers, which they believe were put into a dark colored SUV.

Investigators believe the suspect then saw Davey Blackburn leaving his home about 40 minutes later. A neighbor reported hearing gunshots at about 6:45.

"We believe that the people saw this as a home where they could get in and take some things. It just so happens that Amanda was home ... and she was murdered," said Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Capt. Craig Converse.

He said that one suspect was seen on security cameras walking near the Blackburns' home.

Thank you Bessie for keeping it real.

IMO

In one shot too, not three including one to the hand. This guy made a mess I don't believe a pro or even someone who planned ahead would make. I think he wasn't expecting her to be awake and panicked when she put up a fight.

You used the word "HE" it could be a she. Giggle

BBM

Since it would be very unusual to hear a gunshot in that neighborhood, I suspect neighbors didn't realize it was actually a gunshot until they learned of the shooting and then made the connection. They may have been startled by the sound, but dismissed it as something as benign as a truck backfiring. MOO

If I was inside my home and heard something sounding like a gunshot at that time, I might notice, but dismiss it. If I was outside and heard it coming specifically from inside someone's home, I might take it more seriously. There probably were not a lot of people walking around outside at that time of day.

This is what I'm trying to figure out SapphireSteel, are you saying that what LE has reported about what was seen on video is a lie?

And it wasn't just the SUV on MANY videos on MANY streets, but hoodie guy was seen on MANY videos as well.

If I was inside my home and heard something sounding like a gunshot at that time, I might notice, but dismiss it. If I was outside and heard it coming specifically from inside someone's home, I might take it more seriously. There probably were not a lot of people walking around outside at that time of day.

Wouldn't all the dogs in the neighborhood bark hearing gunshots?
I know mine did during hunting season.

[...]

Plus, of course, he broke in the neighbor's at 5:30, he has to take some time to get things out of the house.

That's hardly leaving him any time in between, drive around a little bit to case and see if there were any other plausible targets, notice Davey leaving, then break in there sometime after 6:11.

Figure again he may have been in there trying to get things prior to what seems likely to have been an encounter with Amanda around 6:45, we're not talking some guy who is sitting around as a sitting duck.

Casing other homes is extremely common when breaking into one. Why only get one when you can do two or three?!

Wouldn't all the dogs in the neighborhood bark hearing gunshots?
I know mine did during hunting season.

But so what if they did bark? Especially that early? I'd just say, "Shut up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members