IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I feel like a idiot for blaming hubby. Sorry.

It happens. The statistics show that it is usually the husband or SO, especially when pregnant. But remember, "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." Some things fall out of the norms established, which makes the human condition a difficult one to navigate at times.

Well I feel like a idiot for blaming hubby. Sorry.

It's good that LE came out quickly to clear him of any involvement. I've done the same type of thing Dexie, but for a much longer time and still have some frozen crow puree to remind myself, if you want some.

What kind of freak thief do you have to be to not just leave but to stop and kill a young pregnant woman? This perp must have a strange history of violence, would be my guess. It seems it was not a lone thief involved. Does that provide a better chance to find the murderer/s, especially if they've pawned or trafficked in stolen goods before?

Could be an individual who has done work for homeowners in the neighborhood.

I read a bit over on Amanda's FB page and it seems she was very charitable in her neighborhood. Little notes of thanks with Brownies to the mailman and the paper man.

I was thinking perhaps when the minister left to go to the gym the burglar rang her doorbell and she might have thought he was from the church needing something.

Just a thought.

A couple of points:
Just because Amanda was a "good Christian woman" doesn't mean she would open the door to anyone. She was also a woman home alone with a baby. If she opened the door, I suspect it was someone she knew.

About the husband releasing a statement so soon after the attack, a married pastor has two families, his/her spouse and kids AND his/her congregation. It makes perfect sense to me that he would seek to comfort his congregation during this time of sorrow, much like a parent would comfort their child in the same situation.

Lastly, I can't find the post now, but is there someone on here who makes clothing for meerkats? That's a REALLY specific niche market. :)

Possible skin under her nails/random loose hair shed at scene/sweat. Truly hope there was no rape
Well, the statement does say "collected from the scene". So I, too, hope that's an accurate (literal) statement.

[video=twitter;665230913173889024]https://twitter.com/JulianGrace8/status/665230913173889024[/video]

Well, the statement does say "collected from the scene". So I, too, hope that's an accurate (literal) statement.

[video=twitter;665230913173889024]https://twitter.com/JulianGrace8/status/665230913173889024[/video]

Maybe Amanda bit the attacker and there were blood droplets leading away.

I read a bit over on Amanda's FB page and it seems she was very charitable in her neighborhood. Little notes of thanks with Brownies to the mailman and the paper man.

I was thinking perhaps when the minister left to go to the gym the burglar rang her doorbell and she might have thought he was from the church needing something.

Just a thought.

We live next door to our pastor. You wouldn't believe the weird things that have happened to them. In fact, they are currently in the process of moving out of their home (actually belongs to the church) due to many uncomfortable things that have happened to them. They came home from a night service recently and their back door was wide open. This back door faces our home and it was scary! One day they came home to find a man sitting on their front porch. He yelled at them and claimed he was Jesus! Awhile back they sent us a text in the middle of the night to tell us that an overnight guest had awoken suddenly with a eery feeling. He pulled back the curtains and saw a man peeping in! They wanted to let us know that the police were walking through our yard with flashlights! My pastor's wife is quite fiesty! She has actually armed herself and they recently had alarms put on all the windows and doors. People show up at their home at all hours with different motives... some innocent but some not.

A couple of points:
Just because Amanda was a "good Christian woman" doesn't mean she would open the door to anyone. She was also a woman home alone with a baby. If she opened the door, I suspect it was someone she knew.

About the husband releasing a statement so soon after the attack, a married pastor has two families, his/her spouse and kids AND his/her congregation. It makes perfect sense to me that he would seek to comfort his congregation during this time of sorrow, much like a parent would comfort their child in the same situation.

Lastly, I can't find the post now, but is there someone on here who makes clothing for meerkats? That's a REALLY specific niche market. :)

Probably not the case here because it was so early, but I've read lots of stories about people posing as utility workers, meter readers, repairmen, etc., to gain entry.

It happens. The statistics show that it is usually the husband or SO, especially when pregnant. But remember, "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." Some things fall out of the norms established, which makes the human condition a difficult one to navigate at times.

And really statistics never mean that much anyway to the individual pregnant victim who is murdered. Unless the police learned they were murdered by a SO, acquaintance, neighbor or complete stranger... like in this case ...until then the statistic classification/category is unknown for each individual pregnant victim. Only when there has been an arrest and conviction will the individual victim be placed in the correct classification or category.

That is why I don't depend on statistics for any of the cases discussed here. That is putting the victim already in a category that isn't even known at the time. We really never know who the murder is going to be for anyone until an arrest has been made.

And most spouses that murder their pregnant wives do it when she is much further along in her pregnancy that Amanda was.

IMO

Most recent Indystar article. They have been the most consistent out of all of the media outlets reporting on this story IMO
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-blackburn-slaying-press-conference/75696864/

"We are serious about this. We're coming to get you," Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Chief Rick Hite said during a news conference in a room at the City County Building that was packed with as many public safety officials as members of the media.
Authorities said surveillance footage taken from the Northwestside neighborhood where Amanda Blackburn was killed about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday capture images of the person they believe was responsible: a black male of slim-to-medium build wearing light-colored pants and a two-toned hoodie who tried to conceal his face from neighbors. They said he is of medium-to-light brown complexion and between 5 feet 4 and 5 feet 9 inches tall.
Police also said cameras captured a dark-colored SUV driving quickly through the area. While photos were not released at Friday's event, police said they expect they will put out pictures at a later date.
"We know who killed her, at least, we have a picture of him," said IMPD Capt. Craig Converse, of the homicide unit, quickly adding: "We don't know the name."
The announcement came more than 72 hours after Blackburn, 28, was mortally wounded by someone police suspect was trying to burglarize her home in the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court, i near 38th Street and West Kessler Boulevard North Drive. Blackburn, who lived in the home with her husband, Davey, and their toddler son, was 12 weeks pregnant. She died Thursday. Her organs were procured for donation.

<modsnip>

There is also the possibility that, if the perp. knocked, that she opened the door thinking her husband had returned without his key for some reason.

Our side door can be unlocked with a credit card or driver's license. Shhh....

I'm prepared to hear anything, really. I still think it could be a hit, I guess that's something they'll have to look into when they find the killer and look into his movements and activities both leading up to the crime and after. I'm hoping of course that it was just an awful crime of opportunity.

Ut oh, another mystery black guy...

How many black burglars drive about in SUVs

How many burglars go equipped and ready to MURDER

This poor woman was targeted.

A shot in the head is an Execution.

The Whys of it remain mysterious and unexplained but on the surface - there IS no motive.

And please don't give me another link to another woman killed by a burglar.

I don't believe there was a burglar, black or white, robbing a tiny cul de sac at gunpoint in the middle of Middle Class in the early hours of the morning.

Nope. I know yáll have your problems but - the Statement Analysis said it all for me.

There may be a Hired gun, easily. But NOT a burglar, not random, not there to rob.

This guy executed Amanda.

Its the Why's we're waiting for.

I'm very curious what you'll say (if anything) if you're wrong. You are SO SURE about this.

Seems LE has a lot of evidence leading them to the killer.
Video, pics, DNA, stolen SUV.
I expect it will not take long to apprehend him/them

The thought had crossed my mind that the first robbery was set up to lead LE to think it was a simple robbery gone bad. But at the moment, there is no evidence pointing in that direction.

I doubt that the burglar knocked because it's more likely he thought no one was home after seeing DB leave.

I think the reason LE are waiting to release security camera footage of the perp is because they believe they have a better chance of identifying him if they can match the DNA collected at the scene to CODIS. JMO

3 shots to her body, sounds like overkill.
My bet is she knew the attacker and could ID him so he had to kill her.
Was the first shot made for her to tell him something? like where is the safe? money?
2nd to hurt her bad and third to finish ?
(Why I say this, is a friend of mine was shot many times by a man she knew who wanted answers about his X wife.
BTW she had been gone for months and my friend didn't now anything according to her family. A very senseless murder.)

Hit Man? No I don't think so. Hit men just kill. Fast and clean. They don't steal neighbors tv's and computers and they don't leave DNA.

In and out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member