IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbors pitch in to find Amanda Blackburn’s killer. Dozens of neighbors gathered at the crime watch’s leaders home and then distributed flyers about the crime around the city.
“I don’t ever want somebody to be able to do this to another family, friend, sister, mother,” Amanda Cummings, who lives across the cul-de-sac, said. “It’s not fair. It’s senseless and it should never have happened.”

http://fox59.com/2015/11/14/neighbors-pitch-in-to-find-amanda-blackburns-killer/

I can't figure that out. Why are they waiting?

Since it has been said that the FBI is assisting in this case I believe they have sent all the footage they have of the killer to the photography forensic FBI lab for enhancement in order to be able to show the clearest image of the suspect they have. I understand why they are being very careful. There are countless black men who are short and slim in Indy. So they don't want to go off half cocked.

A lot of these home invaders will continue to wear their hoodies up even inside of the homes they enter in case the owner has cameras that cant be seen. So with us knowing he was wearing his suede hoodie up its possible a lot of the footage isn't showing his face clearly. Imo, they are looking for the best shot and then it will be enhanced. If they have a lot of footage which it seems they may that is a lot of frames they have to go through looking for the best one.

So I am not surprised the image hasn't gone public yet. I just hope in one of the frames they have a clear shot of his face or even a side view where he would be recognized.

Since it has been said that the FBI is assisting in this case I believe they have sent all the footage they have of the killer to the photography forensic FBI lab for enhancement in order to be able to show the clearest image of the suspect they have. I understand why they are being very careful. There are countless black men who are short and slim in Indy. So they don't want to go off half cocked.

A lot of these home invaders will continue to wear their hoodies up even inside of the homes they enter in case the owner has cameras that cant be seen. So with us knowing he was wearing his suede hoodie up its possible a lot of the footage isn't showing his face clearly. Imo, they are looking for the best shot and then it will be enhanced. If they have a lot of footage which it seems they may that is a lot of frames they have to go through looking for the best one.

So I am not surprised the image hasn't gone public yet. I just hope in one of the frames they have a clear shot of his face or even a side view where he would be recognized.
Video surveillance footage can't really be enhanced. On CSI, yes, but not in reality. You can't create pixels where there aren't any. Sure, you can play with lighting etc but it wouldn't take days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I'm very skeptical at this point. It is difficult to me to explain why a burglar would risk neighbors hearing the gunshots and possibly witnessing him fleeing the home in daylight hours. Makes no sense to me. Home Invasion is an entirely different mode of operation. Invaders force their way into the home loudly and violently to traumatize and terrorize their victims, get what they want and leave quickly. This case is leaving me with many questions I can't discuss.

8:00 A.M., Metairie, LA, Oct 2015 -- A woman opened her door to three guys who claimed to be repairmen -- one was carrying a chainsaw! She called her son at work to ask if he was expecting them. Son said no, he hadn't hired any repairmen. The men forced their way into the house, beat the woman, and demanded money from her and another occupant. Someone, probably a neighbor, DID call 911. When LE arrived, one of the perps told the cop he lived in the house, and that his mother had been injured in a fight. :thud:
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/10/three_phony_repairmen_force_wa.html

10:30 A.M., Pasadena, CA, Sept 15, 2015 -- Two women and a third masked person approached a woman outside her home and said they had a gift for her, and tried to engage her in conversation. Then the masked suspect jumped out of the van, knocked down the woman and began to kick her. They got away with a $20K diamond cross pendant.
http://ktla.com/2015/09/14/pasadena...ed-during-daytime-attack-in-her-own-driveway/

2:00 P.M., Houston, TX, Sept 12, 2015 -- Three men disguised as police officers made their way into a home and robbed the resident. Ninety minutes later, they entered another home about a block away, and robbed and pistol whipped the occupant.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/fake-officers-commit-home-invasions-in-southwest-houston/35231810

Daytime, Falmouth, MA, Oct 29, 2015 -- Two men broke into a woman's apartment, shot her with a stun gun and stole her money.
http://www.capecodtimes.com/article/20151029/NEWS/151029301

1:30 P.M., Nashville, TN, June 2015 -- Two men entered a home and held the occupant AND two construction workers at gunpoint while they spent 20 minutes ransacking the home. The woman's nephew walked in during the attack, and the perps shot him dead.
http://wkrn.com/2015/06/04/nephew-shot-after-interrupting-armed-home-invasion-in-nashville/

Afternoon, Andover, MA, July 31, 2015 -- A level three sex offender broke into a home, tied up a 16-year-old girl with duct tape, and robber her purse. Later that night, he robbed another nearby home.
http://northandover.wickedlocal.com/article/20151102/NEWS/151109434

Noon, San Jose, CA, Oct 22, 2015 -- A man arrived home to see a guy walking out of his house. He yelled to the guy, and they started to fight. Then a second suspect walked up and shot the homeowner.
http://abc7news.com/news/sj-residen...they-attempt-to-flee-daytime-robbery/1046733/

7:30 A.M., Sept 27, 2015, Monck's Corner, SC -- A man was shot dead during a home invasion on a Sunday morning.
http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...ing-shot-during-berkeley-county-home-invasion

Sunday Evening, Atlanta, GA, August 17, 2015 -- A couple and their two young children had just arrived home from vacation. Four men knocked on the door and asked to borrow a car jack. Afterward, they pushed their way in, and shot the husband in the leg. When the woman grabbed her baby and started to run to the back of the house, they opened fire on her. She and the baby were unharmed, and the husband lived. All four gunmen got away.
http://www.fox8live.com/story/29808223/west-atlanta-home-invasion-sends-man-to-hospital

8:30 A.M., Jefferson Co, CO, Dec 12, 2014 -- In this case, the resident shot and killed an intruder in a home invasion.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/12/12/1-person-shot-in-home-invasion-in-jefferson-county/

There's no rhyme or reason to these crimes. Daytime, nighttime, single victim at home alone, families with kids, lone perp, multiple perps -- it makes no difference. None at all. And if you read these articles, you'll see that in many of them, residents comment that violent crime was previously unheard of in their neighborhoods. You'll also notice that in most of these crimes, rather than a violent, surprise intrusion, the perpetrators used a ruse to make their entry.

Video surveillance footage can't really be enhanced. On CSI, yes, but not in reality. You can't create pixels where there aren't any. Sure, you can play with lighting etc but it wouldn't take days.

I thought you could. I thought you could run them through computer programs that pretty much "guess" what shadows are and fill them in with detail. I've certainly seen surveillance video that was first released and you couldn't make out what it was, and then later released and you could.

Am I just remembering wrong?

Here you go - just found a company that does it in a quick google search:

http://www.perppics.com/?gclid=CIPy1fvVkskCFZCFaQod_bcEfw

It seems unlikely he was in the other house for more than an hour, and unlikely he was on video the whole time. So that's an hour or less of video to sit and watch. That would take most of us on this forum the better part of an afternoon to go through and meticulously pick out the best image. I don't think they're having a problem with that - I think there's another reason - have no clue what - that's making them refuse to share what most LE departments share the day they have access to video of a suspect.

I thought you could. I thought you could run them through computer programs that pretty much "guess" what shadows are and fill them in with detail. I've certainly seen surveillance video that was first released and you couldn't make out what it was, and then later released and you could.

Am I just remembering wrong?

Here you go - just found a company that does it in a quick google search:

http://www.perppics.com/?gclid=CIPy1fvVkskCFZCFaQod_bcEfw
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/43078/stop-believing-tvs-lies-the-real-truth-about-enhancing-images/

Here's to hoping little Evie gets some Justice of her own.

In Indiana if the unborn child is killed during a homicide attempt there is no age limit.
Ind. Code Ann. § 35-50-2-16 (2009) allows the state to seek an additional fixed term of imprisonment if a person, while committing or attempting to commit murder, caused the termination of a pregnancy. Prosecution of the murder or attempted murder and the enhancement of the penalty for that crime does not require proof that the person committing or attempting to commit the murder had knowledge or should have had knowledge that the victim was pregnant or that the defendant intended to cause the termination of a pregnancy. The additional consecutive term of imprisonment may be between six and 20 years. (2009 Ind. Acts, P.L. 40, SB 236)

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/...tate-laws.aspx

Well I guess the geeks don't have a Mac. ;D I can do it on my computer. I'm putting together a photo album, and people send me pictures that are dark and fuzzy and I can turn them into images that are bright and in focus. You just put the image on your desktop, go up to the bar and click "tools" and you get tools to enhance the photo, including "sharpen" and "adjust color". In those, I can sharpen the image so that I can now read the logo on his golf shirt from an image where it was much more difficult to read.

Try it on your computer - I bet you'll be amazed that you CAN sharpen an image significantly.

Well I guess the geeks don't have a Mac. ;D I can do it on my computer. I'm putting together a photo album, and people send me pictures that are dark and fuzzy and I can turn them into images that are bright and in focus. You just put the image on your desktop, go up to the bar and click "tools" and you get tools to enhance the photo, including "sharpen" and "adjust color". In those, I can sharpen the image so that I can now read the logo on his golf shirt from an image where it was much more difficult to read.

Try it on your computer - I bet you'll be amazed that you CAN sharpen an image significantly.
I'm not saying you can't adjust lighting. Of course you can. You just can't create data that isn't there. If you could, there would be much better surveillance footage in cases like Jennifer Kesse and countless others. The only way to have clear footage from a video surveillance camera is if the camera itself does it. My original point was that it wouldn't take days to "enhance" footage because you can't enhance it - they either have it or they don't depending on the camera(s) that were used.

I'm not saying you can't adjust lighting. Of course you can. You just can't create data that isn't there. If you could, there would be much better surveillance footage in cases like Jennifer Kesse and countless others. The only way to have clear footage from a video surveillance camera is if the camera itself does it. My original point was that it wouldn't take days to "enhance" footage because you can't enhance it - they either have it or they don't depending on the camera(s) that were used.

It does appear that you can't enhance black and white video much, I just tried by googling surveillance images and wasn't able to get much more clarity. But I can take a fuzzy color image and turn an oklahoma university logo on a golf shirt from a red fuzz to a sharp image that you can clearly read.

I agree with you on the major point. They are not holding onto this reported image of this young suspect because it is taking them forever to enhance it.

There has got to be a reason it is taking so long to post the 'best picture they have or can enhance'. I wonder if it is possible that all they have is one with the hoodie on in all cases and are just saying it to freak the guy out for some reason.

A poster said earlier that they thought LE was just faking it by saying the husband has been totally cleared. That there have been plenty of other cases where the suspect was later arrested after saying that. Trisha said LE can't say that to the public unless it is true. I know police can legally lie to the suspect during interrogations, but surely as Trisha said, they can't lie to the public right? It is surprising to me for him to be cleared so fast but heck i'd want to sue them if LE publicly cleared him and found out later it was a ruse and i allowed my family to be around someone like that if they were just tricking the suspect into a false sense of security. I googled and to support Trisha, i could not find one case where LE 'totally cleared' a suspect and later arrested him.

http://fox2now.com/2015/11/14/pregnant-pastors-wife-shot-killed-in-home-invasion-in-indianapolis/. Hours before Blackburn was discovered by her husband, a neighbor&#8217;s house was also broken into by a burglar who took electronics and other valuables, but it is unclear if the events are connected, police told CNN affiliate WTHR.Indianapolis police say they do not have anyone in custody, and that detectives are investigating, but &#8220;nothing significant has developed,&#8221; Sgt. Kendale Adams said. Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for tips leading to the arrest of Blackburn&#8217;s killer. Posted 6:27 pm, November 14, 2015. <BBM> I guess police are still at square one. I'm confused. JMO.

It does appear that you can't enhance black and white video much, I just tried by googling surveillance images and wasn't able to get much more clarity. But I can take a fuzzy color image and turn an oklahoma university logo on a golf shirt from a red fuzz to a sharp image that you can clearly read.

I agree with you on the major point. They are not holding onto this reported image of this young suspect because it is taking them forever to enhance it.
"Sharpening" an image makes dark pixels darker, and lightens the light pixels which adds definition. But first you have to have pixels. One can't recreate pixels the way scientists use PCR to synthesize strands of DNA. At least not yet. Trust me, I've worked with Photoshop for years, both for business and personal use. It took a long time and many hours of frustration before I finally accepted that if it ain't there, it never will be.

Just the other day, I was working on a photo of myself taken last Mother's Day. It's a great photo except that it's somewhat blurred from camera shake. I was able to enhance it so that the pretty crimson flowers in my blouse popped, and the big bow on my gift was bright and crisp. Then I lightened some shadows over one side of my forehead, and "disappeared" a few stray hairs. But nothing could repair the fine details of my facial features.

Peskyslueth: "A poster said earlier that they thought LE was just faking it by saying the husband has been totally cleared. That there have been plenty of other cases where the suspect was later arrested after saying that. Trisha said LE can't say that to the public unless it is true. I know police can legally lie to the suspect during interrogations, but surely as Trisha said, they can't lie to the public right? It is surprising to me for him to be cleared so fast but heck i'd want to sue them if LE publicly cleared him and found out later it was a ruse and i allowed my family to be around someone like that if they were just tricking the suspect into a false sense of security. I googled and to support Trisha, i could not find one case where LE 'totally cleared' a suspect and later arrested him."

I read an article where the reporter said that police have cleared the husband but can't find where the police themselves have actually been quoted as saying they have cleared the husband.

Anyone have a link to police saying the husband has been cleared?

Okay. It looks like a diagram of where she was shot, not a reenactment of the shooting. It also didn't diagram the other two shots. Do we know exactly where on her torso the bullet entered? I haven't seen that information, so I don't know. Without knowing that the video imo doesn't prove or show anything.

I hope that helps.
Is this what you guys are talking about? It looks like a graphic indicator to show she was pregnant, to me. :(

At the same time this appears in the video, the narrator says she was shot in the head. I don't think it's meant to illustrate a gsw.

uZ9mbHd.jpg

Peskyslueth: "A poster said earlier that they thought LE was just faking it by saying the husband has been totally cleared. That there have been plenty of other cases where the suspect was later arrested after saying that. Trisha said LE can't say that to the public unless it is true. I know police can legally lie to the suspect during interrogations, but surely as Trisha said, they can't lie to the public right? It is surprising to me for him to be cleared so fast but heck i'd want to sue them if LE publicly cleared him and found out later it was a ruse and i allowed my family to be around someone like that if they were just tricking the suspect into a false sense of security. I googled and to support Trisha, i could not find one case where LE 'totally cleared' a suspect and later arrested him."

I read an article where the reporter said that police have cleared the husband but can't find where the police themselves have actually been quoted as saying they have cleared the husband.

Anyone have a link to police saying the husband has been cleared?

Hang on, I'll get it for you. I posted it the other day.

ETA: I tried to find a video where LE made the statement, but apparently it was said in an interview with WTHR, and has been quoted by several other media outlets.

Husband "100% cleared" in murder of pregnant Indianapolis mother
Hosted: Nov 12, 2015 9:15 AM CST - Updated: Nov 12, 2015 9:21 PM CST
By Steve Jefferson, WTHR Crimebeat reporter

[...]
Thursday afternoon, police said Davey Blackburn has been "100% cleared" in the investigation. Detectives say Blackburn's time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

Police: Former Upstate pastor 100% cleared in slaying of pregnant wife
Amanda Blackburn shot in head, coroner investigating as homicide
UPDATED 3:51 AM EST Nov 14, 2015

[...]
No arrests have been made in the home invasion and shooting death of a former Upstate pastor's wife in Indianapolis, but authorities told WTHR-TV that the pastor has been "100% cleared" in connection with her death.

Police: Husband "100% cleared" in death of Elkhart pastor's daughter
Posted: Thu 5:34 PM, Nov 12, 2015

[...]
On Thursday evening, WTHR reported that police have "100% cleared" Davey. Detectives say his time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

Reporter in the beginning of this video news report says, "[Investigators] have cleared her husband, Davey Blackburn of any potential involvement in this case as surveillance cameras prove he was at the gym which is what he originally told investigators."

http://www.wthr.com/clip/11999746/i...l-northwest-indy-home-invasion-sunrise-update

Just the other day, I was working on a photo of myself taken last Mother's Day. It's a great photo except that it's somewhat blurred from camera shake. I was able to enhance it so that the pretty crimson flowers in my blouse popped, and the big bow on my gift was bright and crisp. Then I lightened some shadows over one side of my forehead, and "disappeared" a few stray hairs. But nothing could repair the fine details of my facial features.

Hubba Hubba. You are simply marvelous darling. Hugs.

Now on a 2nd note. Wouldnt a sketch artist be able to just draw the best pic ever if they seen his face?

i also cannot find an official police statement that says husband has been 100% cleared.

Only that "police sources" tell news reporters that he is cleared.

Hang on, I'll get it for you. I posted it the other day.

ETA: I tried to find a video where LE made the statement, but apparently it was said in an interview with WTHR, and has been quoted by several other media outlets.

Husband "100% cleared" in murder of pregnant Indianapolis mother
Hosted: Nov 12, 2015 9:15 AM CST - Updated: Nov 12, 2015 9:21 PM CST
By Steve Jefferson, WTHR Crimebeat reporter

[...]
Thursday afternoon, police said Davey Blackburn has been "100% cleared" in the investigation. Detectives say Blackburn's time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

Police: Former Upstate pastor 100% cleared in slaying of pregnant wife
Amanda Blackburn shot in head, coroner investigating as homicide
UPDATED 3:51 AM EST Nov 14, 2015

[...]
No arrests have been made in the home invasion and shooting death of a former Upstate pastor's wife in Indianapolis, but authorities told WTHR-TV that the pastor has been "100% cleared" in connection with her death.

Police: Husband "100% cleared" in death of Elkhart pastor's daughter
Posted: Thu 5:34 PM, Nov 12, 2015

[...]
On Thursday evening, WTHR reported that police have "100% cleared" Davey. Detectives say his time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

yet, to expand on their one report that has been quoted all over the place, they specify that he is seen entering and exiting the gym at appropriate times.

I want to see an actual LE quote or for them to say it at a presser. Is there anything OTHER than WTHR?

I'm not buying this as fact, sorry.

My own "fact" is that there is a 0% chance they cleared him from all involvement by thursday night based on the proof that he was at the gym when he said he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay