IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video attached to that article the reporter (although he doesn't speak very clearly) seems to say that police have "released 3 suspects after questioning"?

The "sexual assault" claim came from a "source"

NOT police

It may not even be accurate.

Until I hear that items from both houses were found together, I'm unconvinced the burglary is connected to the murder. If the security camera suspect is the killer, it doesn't appear anybody was picking him up. He'd already walked 500 feet up the road at that point. I can't imagine the burglars were still hanging around so long after they broke in the other house at 5:30.

I'm suspecting it's somebody from the neighborhood or a member of their church. As I recall, the church's Facebook page showed a lot of young people so it's easy to imagine one becoming obsessed with Amanda.

I think they'll narrow things down by cell phone records and then catch them with the DNA.

What the heck sort of area is this?

Shootings, murders, rapes, robberies....???

Guns on Everyone?

Why would anyone choose to move to such an area? Choose to stay?

Not everyone has an option about where to live.

I don't know if that's the case here or not. But it's entirely possible that it wasn't personally or financially feasible for them to move.

I'm sick over this latest news. So sad.

Thanks. I just feel that if they both planned the first one. And then after that the driver said no to the 2nd one and left.

Then the driver wasn't in cahoots with the 2nd one and shouldn't be responsible for that crime. Especially if he left the guy behind. But the guy decided to do a solo mission.

Now let's say that me and you are robbing stores. And you decide that it was a good run and you are going home and you are done for the day.

Now let's say I decide to let you leave and go on my own path of butchery and blundering.

Should you still be held accountable for something that I did after you left. Just asking?

Some teens commit crimes together. But if you go home for the night; Then you are not responsible for what I did the next morning or hour later. Jmo.

You will only be responsible for the things that we did when we were together at the scene on a joined tasked. Jmo

Okay, I see what you're saying now. If the driver left after the first burglary and did not link back up with the perp, leaving before the perp began the commission of the second offense, one could make an argument that the driver took tangible steps to disengage from the conspiracy and thus the felony murder rule would not apply. This would be particularly true if they had only planned to rob the first house. However, if they linked back up later, the driver will have a harder time making that argument, even if s/he didn't know what the perp planned to do at the Blackburn house. You can be held accountable for things you knew about even if you weren't there, but you can't be held accountable for things that happened after the planned conspiracy that weren't planned and happened after you left. Does that make sense?

So in this case, the driver would not be charged under the felony murder rule if s/he 1) did not plan to rob the Blackburns; 2) did not know of any plan to rob (or worse) the Blackburns; and 3) left before the commission of the offenses at the Blackburn residence had begun. The driver could be charged under the felony murder rule if s/he planned to rob (or worse) the Blackburns, OR even if s/he was not part of that plan, was around for part of the offense. To not be caught up in a murder charge, the driver would have to really not know what was going to happen AND leave before anything got started AND not come back to be the getaway driver. :twocents:

Until I hear that items from both houses were found together, I'm unconvinced the burglary is connected to the murder. If the security camera suspect is the killer, it doesn't appear anybody was picking him up. He'd already walked 500 feet up the road at that point. I can't imagine the burglars were still hanging around so long after they broke in the other house at 5:30.

I'm suspecting it's somebody from the neighborhood or a member of their church. As I recall, the church's Facebook page showed a lot of young people so it's easy to imagine one becoming obsessed with Amanda.

I think they'll narrow things down by cell phone records and then catch them with the DNA.

Why don't Police know when he left the house?

They must know when he went in, right...cctv will be timestamped...

So they will also know when he went out, right? And how? And with an armful of Something Stolen?

Or not?

So many questions, I have an absolute mountain of them...

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5533365/

IMPD News update:

UPDATE

INDIANAPOLIS - Investigators continue to follow up on all investigative leads in the murder of Amanda Blackburn. We continue to talk with individuals who may have some knowledge of the case. We will keep you posted on any new developments. No other information is available at this time.

If our kids decide to shop lift from a store and then leave. But their friend decides to go to another store and kill someone while are kids are not not there and not consenting or apart of any of that.

Should our kid be charged with murder. Or just the shoplifting that they took part in before they went back home after saying no to commit further crimes.

Imo. No means no.

Okay, I see what you're saying now. If the driver left after the first burglary and did not link back up with the perp, leaving before the perp began the commission of the second offense, one could make an argument that the driver took tangible steps to disengage from the conspiracy and thus the felony murder rule would not apply. This would be particularly true if they had only planned to rob the first house. However, if they linked back up later, the driver will have a harder time making that argument, even if s/he didn't know what the perp planned to do at the Blackburn house. You can be held accountable for things you knew about even if you weren't there, but you can't be held accountable for things that happened after the planned conspiracy that weren't planned and happened after you left. Does that make sense?

So in this case, the driver would not be charged under the felony murder rule if s/he 1) did not plan to rob the Blackburns; 2) did not know of any plan to rob (or worse) the Blackburns; and 3) left before the commission of the offenses at the Blackburn residence had begun. The driver could be charged under the felony murder rule if s/he planned to rob (or worse) the Blackburns, OR even if s/he was not part of that plan, was around for part of the offense. To not be caught up in a murder charge, the driver would have to really not know what was going to happen AND leave before anything got started AND not come back to be the getaway driver. :twocents:

I see what he's saying too but as I've worked with LE and in Fraud Investigations my whole career, those in the know, know -

Police will charge whoever they can with whatever they can.

Rule of thumb.

So if they find the slightest skerrick of evidence - in this case, hanging out with a rapist/murderer could be construed as "prior knowledge" you and I both know

Theyre gonna throw the book at em

Police = charge first, ask questions later.

It's their oxygen. Finding then charging a little crim with Whatever They Possibly Can.

Maybe not so much in a high profile case, but that is police mindset. Catch em Charge em.

ETA: it's the reason DA's exist - to reign in Police Zealousness. Make sure they have sufficient evidence etc. Be the buffer between LE and Judiciary who otherwise would hear all sorts of half baked cases based on gut and not much else.

Not everyone has an option about where to live.

I don't know if that's the case here or not. But it's entirely possible that it wasn't personally or financially feasible for them to move.

I'm sick over this latest news. So sad.

The neighborhood looks nice but that doesn't mean people can't come from outside. As for having an option about where to live, some stories said they built the house which isn't a particularly cheap project to tackle and would indicate it's a new neighborhood. They were young and starting a new church, so I'd think funds were limited. Plus, they had one small child and another on the way. A couple of vehicles, too.

Let's say the get away driver decided to leave after the first one and did not participate nor helped be a look out for the second one. Then the driver could only be charged with the first one. If he didn't partake in the other nor was a look out at the time.

Because you can't be charged with felony murder if a person decided on their own to go back to another house solo and do whatever. Now if you pick him up later after receiving a phone call but you wasn't actually waiting for him. Then they may get you on helping after the fact if it is proven that you know he committed murder and you are coming to his aid to get him away from a general location. Jmo

This is what I'm thinking. Four people running around the neighborhood would have been noticed. So my guess is one , possibly two , go in the homes and the others are drivers and/ or friends who got involved after like selling the stolen merchandise or disposing of evidence, etc.
So glad there is some movement today. Let's hope it's the right guys and they have the evidence to make it stick !

ETA Even if you just tell a friend about it , who had no involvement, that friend is legally involved if they don't tell LE , so some of the 4 may have never been at the crime scene or had knowledge about it until after.

If Police are silent, unethical types of media will Invent Details from Sources and publish those instead, disguised as "news"...

Just sayn...

To clear up some confusion I have seen here, Amanda was shot on Tuesday, Nov 10, a Tuesday. That is the same date that the house in northeast Indy, where the burglars are shown on camera at 5:30am inside the house, was burgled.

I doubt the suspects seen in that family room on video could have simultaneously been burgling (is that a word?) the house 2 doors away from Amanda's house, since that also happened at 5:30am, per the cops.

http://fox59.com/2015/11/11/surveillance-photos-show-burglars-breaking-into-northeast-side-home-2/
According to police, several suspects broke into a home in the 5700 block of San Clemente Drive around 5:30 Tuesday morning while the residents slept.

Accomplices don't necessarily need to be there on the day.

Accomplice = you help hide the evidence afterward, you planned it all but stayed home, you got the guns.

This guy could've had 10 accomplices, and still been the Only One There That Day.

If our kids decide to shop lift from a store and then leave. But their friend decides to go to another store and kill someone while are kids are not not there and not consenting or apart of any of that.

Should our kid be charged with murder. Or just the shoplifting that they took part in before they went back home after saying no to commit further crimes.

Imo. No means no.

It depends on what they agreed to do beforehand, and the manner in which the person left. There are clear-cut rules about this, which I referenced above.

At any rate, we have no idea which side of this the driver falls on until LE releases more information.

I see what he's saying too but as I've worked with LE and in Fraud Investigations my whole career, those in the know, know -

Police will charge whoever they can with whatever they can.

Rule of thumb.

So if they find the slightest skerrick of evidence - in this case, hanging out with a rapist/murderer could be construed as "prior knowledge" you and I both know

Theyre gonna throw the book at em

Police = charge first, ask questions later.

It's their oxygen. Finding then charging a little crim with Whatever They Possibly Can.

Maybe not so much in a high profile case, but that is police mindset. Catch em Charge em.

ETA: it's the reason DA's exist - to reign in Police Zealousness. Make sure they have sufficient evidence etc. Be the buffer between LE and Judiciary who otherwise would hear all sorts of half baked cases based on gut and not much else.

Agree. Those who know; know.

But they have their own issues and need to make sure that they can prove what ever it is that they are trying to prove without having back fire from smarter people that know how to wiggle certain situations even if they are seen or outed. Jmo.

I had to get some work done this morning, so I missed out on some of this breaking news.

Do we know for sure that she was sexually assaulted ? I mean, sure, LE managed to get a DNA sample, but DNA can be derived from many different sources. Cigarette butts, pop cans, spit, sweat, skin cells lodged under someone's fingernails, etc......those are all sources DNA could be extracted from, plus many more.

I really hope she wasn't sexually assaulted, but I wouldn't be surprised. So while his friends were out burglarizing other homes, this creep just couldn't contain himself when he found a defenseless woman at home all by herself........sounds about right. I guess that explains why he wasn't carrying anything, just calling his chauffeur to come pick him up after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003