IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE picked three up last night and they are still in custody today then they aren't going anywhere.

Imo, that is why the lawyers have been contacted already.

Its just a matter of time before we will see them arrested, imo.

Probably the DNA they said they had they run it through a data bank and see if it matches someone that committed a crime before. And I am sure these perps have been locked up before or arrested. Hopefully they will solve this crime so Amanda can rest in peace and her family can have justice.

To me it looks like he was possibly talking on his phone as he was walking away from their house. There may have been a driver moving a vehicle around as the other three were pillaging and stealing. He may have been picked up by said driver somewhere in the vicinity the gun was found thrown away. I think the reason the gun was discarded was because they didn't want to risk getting stopped by a cop while carrying it. Keep in mind, this perp wouldn't know if a neighbor or someone else heard the gunshots and called it in.

I definitely think this was an organized group effort. There's a good reason why they have 4 suspects in custody right now. This may turn out to be an entire team of thieves.

View attachment 84623

Now if the driver was robbing another house during this supposed call; Then the driver will not face felony murder since it will be clear that the driver was committing his own crime somewhere else. Jmo

But he will still get charged with burglary and assisting after the fact.

so its gone from a lone burglar to a team now?

A Team involved in the murder....? Or a Team involved in the burgalries?

Now if the driver was robbing another house during this supposed call; Then the driver will not face felony murder since it will be clear that the driver was committing his own crime somewhere else. Jmo

Do you have a link to back that up, Dexter?

The Driver will be charged with being an Accomplice to the Murder.

It doesn't matter if he got out of the car or not

He knowingly drove the perp to the murder scene, sat and waited, drove him out again after committing a crime.

Accomplice to Murder. Whether he thinks he should be or not - that's the way the laws work.

Not if they conspired to commit those burglaries ahead of time. If they planned ahead of time to commit two burglaries, and Defendant 1 committed a murder while Defendant 2 was carrying out the other planned burglary, Defendant 2 is still on the hook for the murder Defendant 1 committed, even though Defendant 2 was not present. The previous planning implicates Defendant 2 under the felony murder rule.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/felony-murder.htm

The Police decide the charges (along with the DA)

If the Police decide the Driver Knew he was driving to commit a crime (which seems undeniable) then Police will charge him with Accessory to that Crime.

Its up to the Jury to decide he's not guilty!

Do you have a link to back that up, Dexter?

<modsnip>

If this was a terror attack on different locations at the same time then the rules would be different. But for the sake of argument.

If the driver wasn't apart of the particular case in question due to him being across town lets say and causing his own mayhem. Then there will be no link to charge him for felony murder. Jmo.

Now if he said. Hit up that house and i will be right back because i have to take my kids to school.

Then he may have a problem. So a good lawyer is the key for the driver at least to beat a felony murder rap. Jmo

Like the Accomplices are going to be able to afford Good Lawyers...

They weren't out burgling cos they were rich...

Nope the Accomplices will be charged with Accessory to Murder.

That's why they've arrested them - wouldn't wanna be them - all sat in separate rooms being questioned, all being threatened with Life in Prison at best...

Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

<modsnip>

If this was a terror attack on different locations at the same time then the rules would be different. But for the sake of argument.

If the driver wasn't apart of the particular case in question due to him being across town lets say and causing his own mayhem. Then there will be no link to charge him for felony murder. Jmo.

Now if he said. Hit up that house and i will be right back because i have to take my kids to school.

Then he may have a problem. So a good lawyer is the key for the driver at least to beat a felony murder rap. Jmo

That's not how the felony murder rule works. If the driver planned ahead of time to conduct another burglary while the perp was at the Blackburns, then s/he is liable for murder under the felony murder rule. If the driver planned ahead of time to merely come pick up the perp afterward at the Blackburn house, knowing s/he was going to go commit a burglary, the driver is still liable for murder under the felony murder rule.

The only way an accomplice is not liable under the felony murder rule is if they interacted with the perp before or after the commission of the offense, with absolutely no knowledge what the perp was going to do.

See the link I posted above for reference.

Also - as someone who was falsely accused of then arrested for a crime,

Its What Police THINK they did that matters.

Accomplices can be ignorant of the real crimes going on

But if police think they had prior knowledge (almost always) then they WILL be charged.

That's what courts are for yeah? Deciding whether or not the Police Decision to Charge was valid!

No one goes straight from Arrest>>prison sentence. There's a judge and a jury and a chance to explain~!

A case has to be built and if Police and the DA build a case for prior knowledge, then person is charged by Police then dealt with by the courts.

If they are lawyering up, chances are good LE is about to charge them. Obviously they are either refusing to answer questions, or they are seeking counsel prior to doing so. LE is probably also asking them for DNA samples, which they may be refusing to submit to.

Something big is about to happen.

Disagree with this.

Even I would "lawyer up" if arrested and dragged into police questioning...in fact, I did.

Getting a Lawyer is Evidence of nothing more than the Accused has a working brain IMO.

I think it's the same morning. All three on the 11th Wednesday. Early morning.
Amanda's murder was on November 10 and the preceding burglary commenced at 5:30. The robbery 10 miles away also occurred at 5:30 A.M., but the following day.

That's not how the felony murder rule works. If the driver planned ahead of time to conduct another burglary while the perp was at the Blackburns, then s/he is liable for murder under the felony murder rule. If the driver planned ahead of time to merely come pick up the perp afterward at the Blackburn house, knowing s/he was going to go commit a burglary, the driver is still liable for murder under the felony murder rule.

The only way an accomplice is not liable under the felony murder rule is if the interacted with the perp before or after the commission of the offense, with absolutely no knowledge what the perp was going to do.

See the link I posted above for reference.

Are you kidding ?

Just like rape. You can say no at anytime. So if the driver left because he didn't want to be involved with that house.

Then the driver can't be held accountable.

Now I am not saying that the driver didn't leave. But I am saying that no means no. So if the driver told him that he/she is not proceeding further because they don't want to or they have other plans for the day.

Then you can't hold them accountable for a forced situation that was out of their hands once they said no.

Jmo

To me it looks like he was possibly talking on his phone as he was walking away from their house. There may have been a driver moving a vehicle around as the other three were pillaging and stealing.
View attachment 84623

If he was on a cell phone, police possibly narrowed things down by seeing who was pinging nearby cell towers. Plus, if he was calling a nearby driver, that phone would also ping some towers. Then they could see which phones were pinging towers at the spot they abandoned the vehicle, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody