IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. He is so strong.

Much, much more put together than I would ever be during this heartbreaking time. I'm female, and that might make a difference, but I don't think I could ever be that well spoken and deliver such a proper interview. What a tragedy for the little man, as well.

Although it is very painful, I would love to see Amanda's parents and sister give an interview. Maybe they did at the Celebration. I wasn't one of the 6500 who tuned in.

His composure is almost superhuman. Maybe that's what it takes to be a church leader? If that's the case, he is definitely a good fit.
Also, Roll Tide :)

His composure is almost superhuman. Maybe that's what it takes to be a church leader? If that's the case, he is definitely a good fit.
Amen... to both. ;)

You're probably right. Who would want a blubbery, emotional man preaching funerals and stuff? He's probably accustomed to disguising his true feelings and putting on the shield it takes to "move forward."

Not many humans have that kind of strength.

Amen... to both. ;)

You're probably right. Who would want a blubbery, emotional man preaching funerals and stuff? He's probably accustomed to disguising his true feelings and putting on the shield it takes to "move forward."

Not many humans have that kind of strength.

Agreed. He seems to be a pretty unemotional person. His voice only cracked when George pointed out his son will grow up without his mom :(. I'm not sure I'd want a pastor so unemotional, but to each their own. (Let me be clear.....I do not think he had anything to do with this crime at all. Just commenting on his composure.)

My dad is a youth pastor and a very strong person in these situations. He's never lost his wife (thankfully!) but he's been the one to give news of death to loved ones, speak at funerals of family members and friends, and I've seen him after he found his dad after dying in his sleep. He will still get choked up during a sermon on rare occasion but in general, he's a calm, put together guy. It's a very good quality in a pastor.

Agreed. He seems to be a pretty unemotional person. His voice only cracked when George pointed out his son will grow up without his mom :(. I'm not sure I'd want a pastor so unemotional, but to each their own. (Let me be clear.....I do not think he had anything to do with this crime at all. Just commenting on his composure.)

Our head pastor is the same as well. I'll admit, there are times I get frustrated with his ability to separate emotion from "news." Like I said though, it is a good quality for a pastor. They have to deal with lots of emotional people and need to be able to shut that part of themselves off when speaking to a congregation, counseling someone, or being the one to tell someone bad news.

I just want to say, if you are hiding someone, and reading here, or even if not, you will be severely punished.
If you are hiding someone, and that person will later go to jail for this, you will be found too, and your babies will suffer.
If you are found, defender of a murderer, you will get your justice too.
Call, anonymously the police, while you still have a chance to stay out of jail.
Call them, or the rest of the world will know, and your kids will hate you for the rest of their lives.

Huh? :waitasec:

Would they know he's "light skinned" African American from DNA?

I am not very knowledgeable about DNA testing.

you can certainly tell if the person is african american and you can tell traces of geographical regions your linage comes from, plus percentage, etc.

He was unemotional and calm but you can tell he is obvioulsy distressed by this since he stuttered a lot and laughed and smiled at inappropriate times. He is obvioulsy struggling to deal with the death of his wife and child.

I posted last night that I believed the suspect is left handed. This is based on him holding a cell phone with his right hand and leaving his best hand available to pull the gun from his left pocket quickly if he needed it.

If he is left handed then that narrows the field of suspects considerably.

JMO

A quote from the interview I just referenced above:

In response to the interviewer mentioning the unborn baby, "It was too early to know the gender. But she (Amanda) was sure it was a girl." - DB

So I am reading now that there were dogs in the house, wouldn't a criminal shoot the dogs.

Flat screens are light. Just pull up your pants and tighten your belt before lifting them. Jmo

Looking at the picture of our perp, it looks like he could use some help in the "pull up your pants and tighten your belt" department. :thinking:

So I am reading now that there were dogs in the house, wouldn't a criminal shoot the dogs.

What kind of dog do they have? I found a picture of Amanda and Davey with a decent size Boxer looking dog. This dog was in the house, wasn't harmed and didn't make a ruckus barking? It greeted investigators at the door.

[video=twitter;666288623860494336]https://twitter.com/JulianGrace8/status/666288623860494336[/video]

full text of comment:
"According to sources within IMPD, a suspect in the Amanda Blackburn case was seen trying to use Amanda's debit card at a local ATM. Sources say the suspect's face was covered."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97