IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;666288623860494336]https://twitter.com/JulianGrace8/status/666288623860494336[/video]

full text of comment:
"According to sources within IMPD, a suspect in the Amanda Blackburn case was seen trying to use Amanda's debit card at a local ATM. Sources say the suspect's face was covered."

How stupid is this perp?

I posted last night that I believed the suspect is left handed. This is based on him holding a cell phone with his right hand and leaving his best hand available to pull the gun from his left pocket quickly if he needed it.

If he is left handed then that narrows the field of suspects considerably.

JMO
He could have switched hands to further hide his face if he knew where the camera was though...jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

What idiot would try to use a stolen debit card at an ATM? Was he just going to stand there trying to guess the PIN? Makes no sense.

[video=twitter;666288623860494336]https://twitter.com/JulianGrace8/status/666288623860494336[/video]

full text of comment:
"According to sources within IMPD, a suspect in the Amanda Blackburn case was seen trying to use Amanda's debit card at a local ATM. Sources say the suspect's face was covered."

Why is this guy Julian Grace the only journalist reporting on this? This piece of information- SEEN using her debit card- is pretty noteworthy, no?

I don't understand what I see is a lack of thorough reporting over the past week. Comparing this investigation to the only other one I've been on WS for (Hannah Graham), it's like night and day. In the HG case with a killer on the loose there were frequent pressers, police info being WIDELY distributed by lots of news organizations, and a general sense of urgency. I know there are a thousand differences in the cases, but in general there seems to be a big gap in the style.

Such a sad and frustrating case to be following.

All just MOO.

What kind of dog do they have? I found a picture of Amanda and Davey with a decent size Boxer looking dog. This dog was in the house, wasn't harmed and didn't make a ruckus barking? It greeted investigators at the door.

During the PC, I thought investigators said the dog had been in the bedroom before coming out to greet them? It was a very awkward part of it, and seemed somewhat purposeful to talk about the dog at all, if only prove to folks that it was a very friendly dog unlikely to bark at a stranger.

full text of comment:

Oh wow, this is a great lead !
ETA And when? Immediately after the murder or just yesterday ?

I'm going to sit back and wait until more information comes out.

jmo

How stupid is this perp?

I'd say obviously not that stupid as he sesms to know what he is doing and has not been arrested so far considering LE made strong statements earlier that they know who he is.

Unless he is hiding right under everyone's eyes.

Oh wow, this is a great lead !
ETA And when? Immediately after the murder or just yesterday ?

Right??

And this is what I'm talking about. Why is the PD not making these types of things public? Seems to me that it would be supremely useful to let the public know which ATM and when. For example, "Suspect was seen at the ATM outside of the 7-11 on X street at X time on X day. Anyone with any information should contact the PD" Bizarre.

Right??

And this is what I'm talking about. Why is the PD not making these types of things public? Seems to me that it would be supremely useful to let the public know which ATM and when. For example, "Suspect was seen at the ATM outside of the 7-11 on X street at X time on X day. Anyone with any information should contact the PD" Bizarre.
SO FRUSTRATING. I am baffled as to LE's strategy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Right??

Maybe the information is not accurate.

I'd say obviously not that stupid as he sesms to know what he is doing and has not been arrested so far considering LE made strong statements earlier that they know who he is.

Unless he is hiding right under everyone's eyes.

I think he is feeling pretty cocky right about now since they haven't published his facial photo yet. I still think he is probably laying low somewhere in someone's home. It wouldn't surprise me if they know what he has done but is protecting him by hiding him out.

This sure isn't his first rodeo for sure, imo. Hiding in plain sight actually is pretty smart and walking slowly rather than running away is another smart move. It sure got him out of the neighborhood without anyone calling the police at that time.

That is why I think when they arrest him they will find he is connected to other unsolved crimes there. This may be the first time he killed someone or maybe not.

Do we know if they have other home invasion type murders who haven't been solved in Indy or home invasions happening around this time of day?

IMO

A quote from the interview I just referenced above:

In response to the interviewer mentioning the unborn baby, "It was too early to know the gender. But she (Amanda) was sure it was a girl." - DB

Quoting myself , sorry- but to keep the thoughts organized.

I would have assumed gender of the unborn baby would have been conclusively arrived at during Amanda's autopsy. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/health/10birth.html?_r=0 This article is about "safely" determining gender while people are all alive, so it is clearly possible to have confirmed a 12 week old fetus gender.

Maybe autopsy on the fetus itself was optional and the Blackburns/Davey didn't feel a need to carry out such tests. So Davey decided to move forward just with the gut feeling they both had.

Why is this guy Julian Grace the only journalist reporting on this? This piece of information- SEEN using her debit card- is pretty noteworthy, no?

I don't understand what I see is a lack of thorough reporting over the past week. Comparing this investigation to the only other one I've been on WS for (Hannah Graham), it's like night and day. In the HG case with a killer on the loose there were frequent pressers, police info being WIDELY distributed by lots of news organizations, and a general sense of urgency. I know there are a thousand differences in the cases, but in general there seems to be a big gap in the style.

Such a sad and frustrating case to be following.

All just MOO.

I remember when the two Dermond murders happened in Georgia there was only one reporter that continuously got the latest scoop from the police. Mark Wynne, with wsbtv out of Atlanta. Mark is an investigative journalist and has been for years. He always gets the details in murder cases other reporters with other stations doesn't get.

I think that is the case here. Reporter Grace probably has a close ongoing relationship with someone in the police department.

Some journalists just seem to have better contacts than others.

This is great news. He may have covered his face though when trying to get money from her card. Its also not unheard of but the killer may have sold the card to someone else. That happens too. Maybe if that happened if they can locate that person they will spill the beans on where they got it and from whom.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member