IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the intruder/murderer didn't steal her ring.

"Davey Blackburn now wears his wife's wedding ring around his neck.

"She didn't want to be on display. She wanted Jesus to be on display. So she wanted something simple. Princess cut ring. Nothing gawdy. It's only a half carat," said Blackburn."

Link: http://www.wthr.com/story/30538924/...ing-wife-unborn-baby-in-violent-home-invasion

Not that this is important, but the reporting on this is also irritating me- wedding ring? Or did they mean engagement ring? Sounds like it's her engagement ring he's wearing around his neck. Although he doesn't lift it up and show it in the interview while he's describing it.

Like I said, immaterial no doubt, but in a case where we aren't sure what, if anything has been stolen, it would be nice to get accurate reporting on items like the rings she did or did not still have in her possession.

But wouldn't he know that her card would be flagged??

If he tried to use it right away or even the next day he may have thought there hadn't been time to freeze the account. Or his has more greed than brains.

SO FRUSTRATING. I am baffled as to LE's strategy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I am not baffled because I know they have one. From what I have read this police department is pretty thorough. I am convinced they know what they are doing, and why.... even though I may not be able to understand it. Its hard for anyone of us to know why they do the things they do because they have all the evidence, and we don't.

They do have a valid reason I think. I think they are slowly circling the wagon and trying to close in on the suspect. Maybe they are trying to keep him guessing about what they are doing.

We just need to be a fly on the wall when the investigators are in the room. :D

Not that this is important, but the reporting on this is also irritating me- wedding ring? Or did they mean engagement ring? Sounds like it's her engagement ring he's wearing around his neck. Although he doesn't lift it up and show it in the interview while he's describing it.

Like I said, immaterial no doubt, but in a case where we aren't sure what, if anything has been stolen, it would be nice to get accurate reporting on items like the rings she did or did not still have in her possession.

I'm sure he means engagement ring and if the burglar/murderer took one of her rings he would have taken both. Especially because the wedding ring is usually a band and the engagement ring is the one with the diamond. Why would he take the band and not the solitaire?

Maybe the information is not accurate.

LE hates rumors. When they are flying around by reporters the police will come out and refute it.

They haven't refuted Mr. Grace's reporting on the 13th that she was shot three times nor have I seen this new information refuted by them.

I think both things are true.

He is not going to put his reputation on the line by printing falsehoods that would make him look foolish if not true.

IMO

I'm sure he means engagement ring and if the burglar/murderer took one of her rings he would have taken both. Especially because the wedding ring is usually a band and the engagement ring is the one with the diamond. Why would he take the band and not the solitaire?

A lot of burglars will take only electronics and credit or debit cards and cash if there was any.

IMO

Well, it's not a crime to believe the child was a girl if it gives him comfort.

I think the name they had chosen could be used for a boy or girl.

I think Davey would believe it was going to be a girl if Amanda told him she felt it was a girl.

I wish they would go ahead and release a photo of the suspects face if they have it.

I'm going to sit back and wait until more information comes out.

jmo

The only information I am waiting on is seeing where they have arrested this murderer so I will know he is off the streets.

I hope that happens soon. I think LE is hard at it as we speak/post.

Her diamind ring isnt big so her band is probably thin and not worth much. If they did take the band that is a real shame because the band is symbolic of the marriage. I hope he can get it back IF it was taken,

Call me crazy, but I'm willing to bet that the person on camera using the ATM machine with Amanda's card found the card on the ground after the killer discarded it. I just can't imagine the killer would be dumb enough to use it. I'm interested in the location the card was found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quoting myself , sorry- but to keep the thoughts organized.

I would have assumed gender of the unborn baby would have been conclusively arrived at during Amanda's autopsy. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/health/10birth.html?_r=0 This article is about "safely" determining gender while people are all alive, so it is clearly possible to have confirmed a 12 week old fetus gender.

Maybe autopsy on the fetus itself was optional and the Blackburns/Davey didn't feel a need to carry out such tests. So Davey decided to move forward just with the gut feeling they both had.
As a neonatal nurse, I've witnessed premature deliveries of 12 week old infants. Sometimes the gender is easily determined, depending on the condition of the body. Other times, the two look so similar at that gestation that it's hard to decipher, especially if there is any decomposition to the tiny parts.

Why is this guy Julian Grace the only journalist reporting on this? This piece of information- SEEN using her debit card- is pretty noteworthy, no?

I don't understand what I see is a lack of thorough reporting over the past week. Comparing this investigation to the only other one I've been on WS for (Hannah Graham), it's like night and day. In the HG case with a killer on the loose there were frequent pressers, police info being WIDELY distributed by lots of news organizations, and a general sense of urgency. I know there are a thousand differences in the cases, but in general there seems to be a big gap in the style.

Such a sad and frustrating case to be following.

All just MOO.

Amen! (Pun intended.)

Like, a statement clearing the husband "100%" is reported as an unidentified quote in one article, yet never stated out loud at an hour long presser the next day? Weird.

I agree. The use of her debit card at an ATM is HUGE news. Why is it not covered by anyone else? And WHEN was it used, 10 minutes or days later?

This case is so disturbing because of the seemingly random nature of it. It brings home how vulnerable we all could be to violence. Wow the composure of the husband is phenomenal. It concerns me though that he says LE haven't given him much info .. It must be that they don't have much to go on and that's sort of terrifying for the community. If I lived anywhere near I wouldn't be able to relax until this murderer is caught. Long time lurker - first post.

Call me crazy, but I'm willing to bet that the person on camera using the ATM machine with Amanda's card found the card on the ground after the killer discarded it. I just can't imagine the killer would be dumb enough to use it. I'm interested in the location the card was found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could certainly be right, Jo. In the past many murderers have gone to ATM machines though trying to get money out of the victim's account. Some criminals aren't the brightest blub anyway. Hopefully this one will be like a lot of them and his stupidity will be his downfall.

It makes me wonder did he make Amanda give him her pin # before he killed her and she may have purposefully given him the wrong number.

IMO

This case is so disturbing because of the seemingly random nature of it. It brings home how vulnerable we all could be to violence. Wow the composure of the husband is phenomenal. It concerns me though that he says LE haven't given him much info .. It must be that they don't have much to go on and that's sort of terrifying for the community. If I lived anywhere near I wouldn't be able to relax until this murderer is caught. Long time lurker - first post.

Welcome Msskeptic! :welcome5:

As a neonatal nurse, I've witnessed premature deliveries of 12 week old infants. Sometimes the gender is easily determined, depending on the condition of the body. Other times, the two look so similar at that gestation that it's hard to decipher, especially if there is any decomposition to the tiny parts.

Appreciate your perspective.

What I'm trying to say is that if Davey had wanted to confirm sex of his unborn child he could have done so through autopsy of 12 week old fetus. So I'm saying it appears that he did not request this information, but rather is choosing to operate under their (Amanda's and his) assumption/gut that it was a girl. In the interview he stated that it was still unknown- that they never confirmed gender.

If I were in his shoes- God forbid- I probably would have wanted to know definitely what the sex of my child was. It would be odd for me to go through the rest of my life referring to, mourning, and including in an obituary a child that could perhaps have been the other gender from what I had assumed.

All highlights how different we all grieve I suppose. He must be in utter shock and pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dr_snuff