IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted the Update for the sentencing enhancement a few pages back...not sure if anyone caught this or not but it states...In January 2014, police arrested Taylor on Brookmeadow Drive after a chase in a stolen car he crashed.

I haven't looked at the map yet...but isn't Brookmeadow Drive, the street that leads to Amanda's? I stand corrected...it is Sunmeadow Drive. Should have looked before I posted.

Someone else asked sometime before why they would have picked the neighbor's house to rob....that might be the answer to your question....

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry says a third suspect will likely be arrested in the case. I hope it is ABull. It will probably be Dino, but I think ABull is linked in some capacity. Can he be charged with harboring a fugitive? (This stuff is all new to me)

Just my opinion.

That' what I think...I mentioned last night that the failed transaction happened at 6:36 am. Shots were heard between 6:40 am and 6:45 am by the neighbors. That means he killed her BEFORE the successful transaction at 6:54 am. I still have my opinion that he shot her because he thought she gave them the wrong number.

Someone else mentioned that they thought it was possible, he didn't hear the number correctly because of the hit to the mouth.

I could see someone like this finding out the number didn't work and then threatening Amanda he would kill her if he didn't get the right number. She blurts out the number again and Taylor conveys this to the Watson and Gino. In the meantime, they leave the ATM before they get the correct number. Which is why they go to a different ATM.

I think it is also entirely possible he shot her while on the phone with Watson and Gino, which is why they didn't want to go back to pick up Taylor.

I think he then decided to try to do the SA.
We're pretty much on the same page, except that I tend to disagree that the SA attempt happened after the shooting.

I know a few people have surmised about the way in which she was shot. I think I have a plausible explanation on the arm wound. If she was sitting..(lets say on the couch) she would have been holding her mouth due to the pain. Her arm would have been bent at the elbow (kind of like the Ben Franklin thinking or reading pose) The shot could have entered her lower arm and then thru her bicep.

That' what I think...I mentioned last night that the failed transaction happened at 6:36 am. Shots were heard between 6:40 am and 6:45 am by the neighbors. That means he killed her BEFORE the successful transaction at 6:54 am. I still have my opinion that he shot her because he thought she gave them the wrong number.

Someone else mentioned that they thought it was possible, he didn't hear the number correctly because of the hit to the mouth.

I could see someone like this finding out the number didn't work and then threatening Amanda he would kill her if he didn't get the right number. She blurts out the number again and Taylor conveys this to the Watson and Gino. In the meantime, they leave the ATM before they get the correct number. Which is why they go to a different ATM.

I think it is also entirely possible he shot her while on the phone with Watson and Gino, which is why they didn't want to go back to pick up Taylor.

I think he then decided to try to do the SA.

I think it's plausible that the PIN number was a source of friction. However, I think that panties off, shirt up and no physical evidence of sexual assault seems to indicate that the deadly struggle occurred in relation to an attempt to rape her. Bullet wounds seems to be consistent with that kind of scenario as well.

All horrific either way, and I wouldn't doubt if much of what they say about these conversations is not what truly was said.

We're pretty much on the same page, except that I tend to disagree that the SA attempt happened after the shooting.

I would generally tend to agree with you...however...I don't think he had enough time between the time the two others left and the time the shot was heard by the neighbor, which is why I tend to believe the sick ba.... tried it after the fatal shot.

I know a few people have surmised about the way in which she was shot. I think I have a plausible explanation on the arm wound. If she was sitting..(lets say on the couch) she would have been holding her mouth due to the pain. Her arm would have been bent at the elbow (kind of like the Ben Franklin thinking or reading pose) The shot could have entered her lower arm and then thru her bicep.

Would be good to see the coroner diagram with the bullet wounds. The one thing I feel strongly about is that a sexual assault attempt was made. The lack of physical evidence of sexual assault would mean it was a failed attempt, which to someone like him with a gun could easily escalate to murder.

But not enough evidence to be conclusive about anything obviously. Alot of plausible ways it could have gone down. But further evidence from crime scene would likely show if she was shot on a couch or whatever. I didn't see information like that in the PC. Is there another doc that talks about more specific orientation of the body ? in relation to furniture etc ? I believe I read there was a bullet that went into the basement through the base of the stairs, so possibly 4 shots were fired, unless that somehow is the bullet that went through upper back and out abdomen.

Yeah, I agree, there's a lot of unknowns about the time they were inside the Blackburn home. It's possible when she was hit, she was knocked out for a few minutes, he took the cards outside, came back to undress her and she started to wake up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would think that there'd be some kind of head injury if she was knocked out. We know here lip was split and she had teeth knocked out on lower jaw. But I'm not sure that knocks her out. Might the duct tape been over her mouth at some point ?

It does seem plausible that they might duct tape her mouth. We do know that a scream was heard at the time of the gunshots. Maybe that was why she got shot ? he takes the tape off to ask about the PIN number and she screams and attempts escape in some way ?

I think that's plausible. But still very hard for me to ignore the evidence that suggests that sexual assault was likely on his mind and maybe the reason for the struggle. I can't remember if they said the screams were after or before the gunshots or both possibly.

Unless they have changed ATMs are programmed that if more than 2-3 attempts are made with the wrong PIN the ATM will retain the card into the machine and not give it back. You then have to contact the bank to get it back and get a new card issued, just to help prevent things like this. I would not be surprised if after the bank trying to contact her about the attempt and not reaching her that the bank froze the account, thus them discarding the card because it was of no use anymore. On stolen cards time is of the essence before they get shut down. I believe the reason they left one fool behind with her was to make sure the PIN number was correct and get the max $$$ before she could report the break-in. After the second transaction was successful I'm sure that's when she was hurt and killed.

JMO's

T-Mobile (Gordon):

4:40 A.M. - E 56th St and I-465 Places a call to a phone number *advertiser censored*. San Clemente burglary occurred at 4:36.

6:25 A.M. - 2812 Sunnyfield Ct, during the time of the homicide

6:39 A.M. - 6881 Michigan Rd, area of the failed transaction ATM transaction

6:54 A.M. - 1313 W. 86th St, area of the successful ATM transaction

6:55-7:10 A.M. - Moves back toward Sunnyfield Court, where Gordon and Watson pick up Taylor.

This T-Mobile number made a total of five calls to *advertiser censored* between 4:40 A.M. and 6:54 A.M.

*advertiser censored* is a second contact number on file for Gordon.

Verizon (Taylor):

6:38 A.M. to 7:10 A.M. -- 2812 Sunnyfield Ct.

6:39 -- calls Gordon's phone around this time. Gordon and Watson are at the ATM on Michigan Rd. Watson and Taylor discuss numbers, but the ATM transaction is unsuccessful

Taylor's phone only communicates with the T-Mobile number i.e., Gordon's phone.

Sprint (ABu/his gf):

Near E 56th St and I-465 (the area of San Clemente and Brandon Way, i.e. the "cottages") during the burglaries and homicide.

Is this *advertiser censored* that was called five times by Watson and Gordon?

I believe your are correct Bessie, I believe this is the number called by Watson.

[h=1]TIMELINE: The murder of Amanda Blackburn by http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/timeline-the-murder-of-amanda-blackburn states the following:[/h]
Police track calls made by numbers associated with Watson and Gordon to a residence on the 5600 block of Brendon Way West Drive.

I'm still curious to know if the "woman" is Jalen's sister.

I believe the reason they left one fool behind with her was to make sure the PIN number was correct and get the max $$$ before she could report the break-in. After the second transaction was successful I'm sure that's when she was hurt and killed.

JMO's

I think you are right about why they left Taylor behind to make sure the PIN was correct. However, I don't believe she was killed after the 2nd successful transaction because it doesn't line up with the timeline. Unless of course, the neighbor's timeline is not correct....Shot heard by neighbor was between 6:40 am and 6:45 am. The 2nd successful transaction was at 6:54 am, which would mean Amanda was already shot.

She could have given him the wrong number, then he threatened to kill her for the right number, which she gave him then a struggle occurred and he shot her, then he waited for them to call, or he called them with the successful number.

Anyone remember what time Chase Bank called and left the message about the attempts with her card?

She could have given him the wrong number, then he threatened to kill her for the right number, which she gave him then a struggle occurred and he shot her, then he waited for them to call, or he called them with the successful number.

I just don't see this happening. For the mother of a young child still in the house, no amount of money is worth risking that child's life. She would have given him the correct number immediately, with the attitude "take all my money but just don't hurt my child."

The brutality of this crime is heartless and inhumane! Planned and conspiring..no mercy on these cowards......
what I still don't understand is the activity of 3/4 strangers in the cul de sac for how long??? and not a soul called 911? a robbery 2 doors down, gunshots.....strange car coming and going...........houses close together???
I guess everyone minded their business and the neighbors weren't as close as first thought. ??

It was dark and very early morning. Most people in my neighborhood are not out and about at that time. Many houses have the front windows (that one could see such business going on outside) in rooms that are not often used (i.e. formal living rooms and dining rooms).

Unless they have changed ATMs are programmed that if more than 2-3 attempts are made with the wrong PIN the ATM will retain the card into the machine and not give it back.

I didn't know this!!!

That is a possibility, but I just can't imagine she would do that. She has her baby at home with her, she knows these are horrible men - they obviously mean business. I believe she would have given them anything to get them out of her house.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/Amanda-Blackburn-s-brother-talks-loss-forgiveness/36640788

I didn't see this posted yesterday. Here is the interview with Amanda's brother on our local station (she grew up here).

After watching this and her father's yesterday, I am just in awe of this wonderful family. Really makes me wish I had their faith (or could get it). I want to be such a person who could face anything in this life and have a pure and loving heart through it all. Not that I'm a horrible bitter person, but nowhere close to these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay