IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only said the guy was seen on the stoop!

I wonder if that is from an eyewitness or a camera? Maybe both?
I think this is critical info that I can't seem to get an answer to.
and what exactly is a stoop?

Frightening to believe this young mother was a subject of brutal murder. Truly hope some accurate clues result in an arrest soon.

... a stoop is a small staircase ending in a platform and leading to the entrance of an apartment or house ... one would stop and converse with neighbors sitting on their stoop

Now why would this guy go right up to the front door?
I mean really now?

don't u try to blend in with the darkness try not to be seen by anyone?

welcome to the sparse pool of evidence that law enforcement has allowed public to see, haha.

sooooooo many questions regarding things you know are so simple to determine definitively.

I am not impressed with how they have handled this case, but hold out hope that they know exactly what they are doing and are purposefully acting incompetent.

But, my money is currently on incompetence. I thought I read that the sheriffs and police department were working jointly on the case, and wonder if that might be part of the reason for so much misinformation and mixed signals ?

Given how much the media is so willing to print ANYTHING nowadays to get clicks etc, I have to believe we have everything they have released, but unfortunately a bunch of other things that are complete misinformation.

So if you haven't seen 20 articles on JUST a more detailed version of an eyewitness account or details on what a camera captured, it just doesn't exist in the media at all. imo

I mean really now?

I don't know, I live in a very similar neighborhood and at 6-8am, people are on their way to work or kids to school - not thinking about watching whats going on. Also burglars often case areas to gague activity at a given time of day. Given the lack of eyewitnesses, of which we have heard sparse details from, if they did case the neighborhood they did indeed find an area that was ideal. no ?

It also could be possible the first house was the wrong house, and just happened to be vacant for a burglary.

One other question. DB said he told Amanda "we've done long distance before". Am I right in reading that?
A shot in the head, yet he was able to communicate with her? Am I reading that right?
I want to make sure I have my facts right.

I think this was said after her death they would continue with a long distance relationship!
they had done it before!

I think this was said after her death they would continue with a long distance relationship!
they had done it before!

People wax poetic in times like this. This means nothing.

One other question. DB said he told Amanda "we've done long distance before". Am I right in reading that?
A shot in the head, yet he was able to communicate with her? Am I reading that right?
I want to make sure I have my facts right.

Yes, during one of the interviews DB said he told her that when she was in the hospital. This would have been before they turned off the machines. I don't think he was communicating with her per se, because she was in a coma at that point, but talking to her and saying his goodbyes. I'm guessing he meant that since she would be in heaven and he down here, they would be doing the long distance thing again like when they dated. JMO.

Another detail we still haven't heard about is - what was a typical day like for Amanda ?

Was this a normal day ? Did she typically sleep in when Davey went to gym ?

What was her routine like ?

Just odd to me that this isn't mentioned.

Another question is - who was the last person besides Davey to talk to Amanda ? If there was someone targeting her church/work related acquaintance, a family member might have had a conversation that would give details. I've not really seen any statements from other family members regarding this topic. Does she have close friend(s) she talks to daily ?

I do think the house was targeted for burglary is very plausible. But I think in any investigation you want to determine if there are any potential red flags or anything odd noted by anyone who is around amanda often. As someone else noted, she has a furniture restoration business, so not crazy that someone related to that business casually gained information about her schedule for that day. ie... hey, can I pick up that dresser at 8am ? will you be home ? -- very possible that she mentions this to her sister or friend and maybe not Davey if he is so busy.

Also, where does this restoration happen ? in her garage ? is it often open ? if someone is aware she is often outside working on furniture etc, then yes, they are aware that she is often home. So if it is normal for her to be home at this time, it does become more likely that someone who cased the neighborhood for BURGLARY - would be like.. uh, not this house.

But we just don't have that very important information from LE at this point. So hard for me to cling to strongly to any theory I have in regards to motives.

Burglary is still very plausible in my mind, but impossible to be confident in that based on what we know. (and more importantly, don't know)

I mean really now?

I'm not entirely sure this was a particularly clever criminal ...

But a clever criminal would be less noticeable if he/she were to walk right up to the door as though he or she belonged there. It's when people act noticeably sneaky that they attract attention. Your best bet, if you're up to no good, is to just walk around like you own the place.

He said something like "I'm certain that some good will come of this". I just don't see how a grieving husband would say something like that.

DB is a Christian. Christians believe that God takes what was meant for evil, and uses it for His glory. I'm going to assume that's what he meant by his statement. That's probably really hard for many to wrap their heads around. Shoot, it's even hard for Christians to wrap our heads around it sometimes, but it's still what we believe.

Not quoting the post (for obvious reasons), but "Some good will come of this" is a strong belief in the evangelical Christian community. It comes from the verse, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Rom. 8:28).

I guess I should read ahead before I respond in these fast moving threads :)

I don't know, I live in a very similar neighborhood and at 6-8am, people are on their way to work or kids to school - not thinking about watching whats going on. Also burglars often case areas to gague activity at a given time of day. Given the lack of eyewitnesses, of which we have heard sparse details from, if they did case the neighborhood they did indeed find an area that was ideal. no ?

I don't know?
6 am is a busy time of day...
At least around here it is.

My neighborhood comes alive...

Yes, during one of the interviews DB said he told her that when she was in the hospital. This would have been before they turned off the machines. I don't think he was communicating with her per se, because she was in a coma at that point, but talking to her and saying his goodbyes. I'm guessing he meant that since she would be in heaven and he down here, they would be doing the long distance thing again like when they dated. JMO.
Also, in saying "we" were saying goodbyes, in context is likely the whole family. I have to believe that amandas siblings, parents, and other loved ones were present. I honestly don't think he was suggesting amanda was saying goodbyes.

ok found some links. They call it a porch not a stoop... I was searching stoop.
Anyway, it's just strange to me that burglars have become so brazen that they go right up to someones front porch with no hesitation. Must have been completely 100% on a mission.

I don't know?
6 am is a busy time of day...
At least around here it is.

My neighborhood comes alive...

every neighborhood is different. but I still keep pointing to the sparse amount of eyewitness accounts ? no one seemingly calls about gunshots. They found this girl several hours after gunshots.

So that doesn't give me the sense that this was a busy area. all speculation, but I think what we know at this point supports very little activity.

Another detail we still haven't heard about is - what was a typical day like for Amanda ?

In one of the videos posted here (I believe it was from the church's page) Amanda talks about how she used to feel guilty for staying in bed early in the morning when DB got up to do his daily devotions. She goes on to say that after a while she started getting up early to do the same (all paraphrased). No idea if she maintained this morning routine but if she did, she was likely up and wide awake by the time DB left the house that day.

ok found some links. They call it a porch not a stoop... I was searching stoop.
Anyway, it's just strange to me that burglars have become so brazen that they go right up to someones front porch with no hesitation. Must have been completely 100% on a mission.

Did they go in the front door of the other burglary 2 doors down ? we don't have that information.

I personally think that's why you would case a neighborhood, so that you get an idea of whether you could enter a home without much chance of being seen. Only 1 eyewitness to this at this point that we know of, and even that is very sparse. I mean, if you see a strange character on someone's stoop - do you continue to watch ? do you call someone ? Those are good questions too. I get the feeling this account only came up in police interviewing neighbors after the fact.

Also, keep in mind if you are burglarizing, you are taking stuff out a front door or something of that nature. That is why you case for a neighborhood with low activity, so that you can be on a stoop for a few moments and likely go unnoticed.

I think burglary is brazen even if you go in the back door. Front door is in some ways an indication that you don't think anyone is home. If you are sneaking in, why use the front door. In a hit, are you any less worried about being detected ?

in that sense, I think it's moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member