IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of the videos posted here (I believe it was from the church's page) Amanda talks about how she used to feel guilty for staying in bed early in the morning when DB got up to do his daily devotions. She goes on to say that after a while she started getting up early to do the same (all paraphrased). No idea if she maintained this morning routine but if she did, she was likely up and wide awake by the time DB left the house that day.

It's against TOS to have this kind of conversation. But I sure wish that law enforcement would divulge some of this information to give more context to what likely happened. I have to believe that they directly asked about this kind of thing with anyone who had knowledge of such things.

DB is a Christian. Christians believe that God takes what was meant for evil, and uses it for His glory. I'm going to assume that's what he meant by his statement. That's probably really hard for many to wrap their heads around. Shoot, it's even hard for Christians to wrap our heads around it sometimes, but it's still what we believe.

There's a church that's somewhat local to me whose pastor's wife was "murdered" this past summer by a drunk driver. The pastor himself lost a leg in the accident (motorcycle). I just looked at his Twitter feed and this was his first tweet (aside from a few Bible verses) after the accident: "With God’s help experienced evil will become ultimate good!! Thank u for praying for me and my family!"

Thoughts on the first home on Sunnyfield Court being the wrong intended home?
Are the addresses similar? Such as 2821 instead of 2812?

There's a church that's somewhat local to me whose pastor's wife was "murdered" this past summer by a drunk driver. The pastor himself lost a leg in the accident (motorcycle). I just looked at his Twitter feed and this was his first tweet (aside from a few Bible verses) after the accident: "With God’s help experienced evil will become ultimate good!! Thank u for praying for me and my family!"

I'd say it's common for religious people to have this kind of sentiment in regards to tragedy. The "God has a reason that is bigger than this" is very common thing you hear from any tragedy , when talking to a christian. It is what it is... but it undeniably is something that is said quite often in the midst of tragedy.

Approx. 1:20 in the video

Captain Craig Converse

I will tell you that there was a burglary two houses west of where Amanda was killed. We believe it's connected.

Thoughts on the first home on Sunnyfield Court being the wrong intended home?
Are the addresses similar? Such as 2821 instead of 2812?

When you say it was the "wrong home", what do you mean ? The police narrative is that they burglarized that home and then saw davey leaving and decided to then burglarize it too believing house was now empty. Things were stolen. A suv drove in at 6am and then drove out a moment later, after loading up the loot. Sounds like a good plan for a burglary. Don't park in the driveway for a half hour, just call for the suv when ready to move the loot to the vehicle.

I think it's plausible for a burglar to hit two houses if they have cased the place and know both are typically empty at that time.

That's why knowing amanda's routine is far more important than knowing when davey leaves in the morning. If the routine is for her to be home until noon everyday and that they have a baby, someone who cased, would know.

But, if her routine is such that it was uncommon to be home at this time, then it's completely understandable why they assumed no one was home.

hope we get more info on her routine or who else might have had an idea of if she may or may not have been home at that time and how.

Yep, doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sure that's exactly what DB meant when he made a similar statement. I know some are questioning the timing of it but for most Christians that's sort of where the mind/heart goes when facing tragedy or trauma - Bible verses, good news, the silver lining in the cloud, etc. (even when we can't see it right now, or make sense of it right now). It's the hope we hang onto. No doubt the hope DB is hanging onto.

It's against TOS to have this kind of conversation. But I sure wish that law enforcement would divulge some of this information to give more context to what likely happened. I have to believe that they directly asked about this kind of thing with anyone who had knowledge of such things.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The video was posted here, so I assumed it was okay to mention it. If not, the mods will remove. I do agree with you though, it would be nice if LE would disclose a bit more but maybe at this point they don't need to? I'm hoping that's the case, and they have enough solid evidence to make an arrest(s).

MOD ALERT

Just a friendly reminder...Davey Blackburn is "Off Limits". Regardless what you think of him, WS is a victim friendly site and Davey Blackburn is also a victim.

:tyou:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The video was posted here, so I assumed it was okay to mention it. If not, the mods will remove. I do agree with you though, it would be nice if LE would disclose a bit more but maybe at this point they don't need to? I'm hoping that's the case, and they have enough solid evidence to make an arrest(s).
A mod gave me a link to TOS , which said that no social media links/mentions should be posted regarding a victim. But I think you are right, if it's from like the church page it's ok. Sorry, i think you are right. Was more trying to help you avoid trouble than trying to police the population.

@MaxManning. You are correct. On paper it all seems to add up. House #1 was robbed with a get-away-car waiting. Perp sees an opportunity to rob the Blackburn home and goes for it. There is a struggle and it ends with a murder. Easy answer. This may be exactly what happened.
See the thing is, humans have been given intuition and gut feelings for a reason. It is a good thing to question and seek the truth. If I was murdered I would want those hard, inappropriate questions asked.
Crazier things have happened then a seemingly routine robbery turned bad story. JMO

@MaxManning. You are correct. On paper it all seems to add up. House #1 was robbed with a get-away-car waiting. Perp sees an opportunity to rob the Blackburn home and goes for it. There is a struggle and it ends with a murder. Easy answer. This may be exactly what happened.
See the thing is, humans have been given intuition and gut feelings for a reason. It is a good thing to question and seek the truth. If I was murdered I would want those hard, inappropriate questions asked.
Crazier things have happened then a seemingly routine robbery turned bad story. JMO

We all have gut feelings and trust me I give weight to them.

In the context of this site and it's guidelines, I am merely floating plausible scenarios. It's impossible for me to feel strongly about any given theory without concrete evidence to work with, even if I have a gut feeling. If I was a detective on this case, I'd most assuredly be factoring in my gut feelings as an indication of where to look and in what order. It's not possible to do that here with the TOS as they are. So this is not like a real investigation.

So I try to stay within the context and give plausible scenarios. If someone sees something in the plausible scenario that jives with their gut, great. But I think it's also dangerous to trust the gut too much and ignore plausibility. You shouldn't be building a case to fit your gut feeling. So in that sense, I am not saying I even believe many of these theories, but I am considering them as plausible. I certainly have many theories that are very plausible, but aren't something I could share here.

Am I 100% certain of ANY of them ? nope. I have far too little evidence to feel comfortable to be certain of anything in this case beyond the actual murder itself taking place. Is the suv related ? nope.. not certain. is the hooded individual the killer... not certain. etc etc etc

Mountains of questions , and we all know those gaping holes exist and our guts tell us that as well. We all watch crime tv right ? LE is not infallible and I presume they follow their guts all the time.

so, not really a question of guts or intuition here on this site, just theorizing within the guidelines. I am equally willing to test scenarios opposing my gut, just to be sure I am not turning a blind eye based on my gut.

When you say it was the "wrong home", what do you mean ? The police narrative is that they burglarized that home and then saw davey leaving and decided to then burglarize it too believing house was now empty. Things were stolen. A suv drove in at 6am and then drove out a moment later, after loading up the loot. Sounds like a good plan for a burglary. Don't park in the driveway for a half hour, just call for the suv when ready to move the loot to the vehicle.

I think it's plausible for a burglar to hit two houses if they have cased the place and know both are typically empty at that time.

That's why knowing amanda's routine is far more important than knowing when davey leaves in the morning. If the routine is for her to be home until noon everyday and that they have a baby, someone who cased, would know.

But, if her routine is such that it was uncommon to be home at this time, then it's completely understandable why they assumed no one was home.

hope we get more info on her routine or who else might have had an idea of if she may or may not have been home at that time and how.

If Amanda got up early to do her morning devotions with Davey then she might have returned upstairs to bed and he turned out the lights and left. Making whomever was watching think the house was unoccupied.

And could be brave like the third burglary we talked about ten miles away where they went in while three females were asleep upstairs.

One thing to be said is they have no fear.

I am pretty sure that someone here posted this link to a google map marking key locations : ** great map by the way, thanks so much for taking the time to make and post this.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=ziSiFz7zUeT8.kL7fLmW0JPUo

I didn't know the camera was so far away from the blackburn house.

Another thought I had is that I just find it hard to believe someone intending to murder plans to walk away from a location where he has fired gunshots.

At the same time, I do get the point that I believe sapphire steel brought up previously a bit better now, as a reason for doing that was to be SEEN, and to be unidentifiable when SEEN. Meaning killer planned on gunshots causing to look out windows and say, "hey, I saw this guy with a hoodie on". If that was the only camera on the street and it was that far away, certainly that would be a reason. However, I think being in ANY car speeding away from the scene would have the same effect. for example the suv was noticed as odd.

I'll say I think it's plausible, but no more plausible to me personally than he was just fleeing and had no knowledge of that camera at all. Seems quite reasonable to think getting away from a murder scene quickly and not waiting for your ride to pick you up is plausible.

The gun location is the next part. I didn't realize that was so damn close and situated on a rather likely escape route. Makes me feel stronger that the gun indeed connected to the crime. Also fits both scenarios -

1)burglary went bad, fled, suv picked you up, gun out the window.
2)planned murder - leave the gun in an area it's likely to be found to facilitate the narrative you have planned.

both plausible imo

What this doesn't show is where the suv and perp were seen that was described as "neighboring streets" sometime after the gunshots. Plotting that eyewitness location might also make the gun drop location even more likely to be connected.

Next, the atm location would seem to be consistent with the general direction of the escape route. Geez, a time at which that happened would be great to know, I don't believe I've seen any information on that.

The stolen car recovery location - i honestly at this point don't see any concrete reason to believe it's related in any way. Unless it's the suv. -- a stolen silver sebring was reported as well, so I'm not sure which car was found there. I have seen reports that they were checking car for prints/dna - i don't know if that was suv or sebring. Anyone clear on this ? But if it's the sebring, i think the only thing that connects is that the perps in that robbery were wearing similar clothes and were engaged in robbery. I get why they'd be suspected, but the robbery being so far away and considering that the hoodie attire is like a uniform for such things and robberies seemed common in this area, I think it requires alot more evidence to directly connect to the murder.

I find it hard to believe with this data, the police don't have some other kind of surveillance footage on the likely route to that atm. I think it has to exist, but might take time to find and analyze. But it'll be found.

Good point Max brought up about her possibly having a gun. Police initially said she was killed protecting her child. The baby was found (thank GOD) in his crib upstairs. I saw another article saying she was found downstairs. Perhaps the gun was wrestled from her. I looked through Davey's FB posts - there are many- and the two of them going to a shooting range was mentioned. Anyone I know who visits shooting ranges, have a gun at home. Just a thought. Or it could have been her unborn child she was protecting (shot to the hand, torso - her protecting them both and then tragically the shot to the head). But then I think maybe she was still in bed and most likely she was completely startled by the intruder - there was no forced entry, so someone coming in through the door quietly she would not have heard - would she have been near the gun and had time to get it?

I'm baffled on this case really. Just pray he is caught before he does this again.

One of my early thoughts also was that Amanda had a gun but IMO it doesn't work. They had a toddler in the house so it's very unlikely they'd keep a loaded gun anywhere their son could get his little hands on it. I'm guessing locked in a case and put up beyond his reach. And if Amanda had enough time to get it then she would have had enough time to call 911.

Another thought is that the perp found the gun during the earlier burglary. That could have been the game changer between burglary and armed robbery. What I mean is that IMO it's possible the perp got some sort of a "thrill" in finding a gun and well, the urge to shoot it may have affected his next actions. I dunno.

Sigh. It seems like none of the little puzzle pieces are fitting tightly together. My biggest wish right now is that if LE has DNA it was recovered from Amanda's nails when she fought back and not from SA. :(

We must live near one another... Bryan Koch's motorcycle accident was the same day as a close friend of ours who also died in a motorcycle accident. Many of the local newspapers included both of their information in the same article the weeks following the crashes.

One of my early thoughts also was that Amanda had a gun but IMO it doesn't work. They had a toddler in the house so it's very unlikely they'd keep a loaded gun anywhere their son could get his little hands on it. I'm guessing locked in a case and put up beyond his reach. And if Amanda had enough time to get it then she would have had enough time to call 911.

Another thought is that the perp found the gun during the earlier burglary. That could have been the game changer between burglary and armed robbery. What I mean is that IMO it's possible the perp got some sort of a "thrill" in finding a gun and well, the urge to shoot it may have affected his next actions. I dunno.

Sigh. It seems like none of the little puzzle pieces are fitting tightly together. My biggest wish right now is that if LE has DNA it was recovered from Amanda's nails when she fought back and not from SA. :(

Most people with guns that I know, do keep their gun in the bedroom, even if a child is in their room. Which is another thing i'm not sure of , is weston in the same room ? I don't know that. anyone ? I doubt they reported that. I just know upstairs. Which also is an assumption that amanda's bedroom is up there. I can't say I know that either.

I'm not a gun person, but I do know many. Their reasoning is they think the likely time of need is home invasion while they are in bed.

I think 911 is a very plausible reaction, if she had here phone. I've asked that too. where was the phone ? if it's downstairs on the table charging, it fits my scenario. no call was made, so if she was aware of intruder before being detected, she likely didn't have it.

So if you don't have your phone. Weapon quickly goes to the top of the list. And if you have a gun in closet or in dresser or wherever, you are going to be going there. That's the very situation it's there for. very plausible if you they had a gun, for her to do that.

lots of other factors, but if you have a gun at all, probability of going that route are extremely high in my opinion. Did blackburns have a gun ? we don't have that from LE evidence to verify. if you are curious you might be able to snoop around and find out ;)

Most people with guns that I know, do keep their gun in the bedroom, even if a child is in their room. Which is another thing i'm not sure of , is weston in the same room ? I don't know that. anyone ? I doubt they reported that. I just know upstairs. Which also is an assumption that amanda's bedroom is up there. I can't say I know that either.

I'm not a gun person, but I do know many. Their reasoning is they think the likely time of need is home invasion while they are in bed.

I think 911 is a very plausible reaction, if she had here phone. I've asked that too. where was the phone ? if it's downstairs on the table charging, it fits my scenario. no call was made, so if she was aware of intruder before being detected, she likely didn't have it.

So if you don't have your phone. Weapon quickly goes to the top of the list. And if you have a gun in closet or in dresser or wherever, you are going to be going there. That's the very situation it's there for. very plausible if you they had a gun, for her to do that.

lots of other factors, but if you have a gun at all, probability of going that route are extremely high in my opinion. Did blackburns have a gun ? we don't have that from LE evidence to verify. if you are curious you might be able to snoop around and find out ;)

JMO I don't think they would own a gun!

I think the perp may have hid in the house via closet or something and hoping that she just go upstairs for awhile.

But once 15 minutes has passed and the sun is coming out more; He decides to attack. Idk

I think the perp may have hid in the house via closet or something and hoping that she just go upstairs for awhile.

But once 15 minutes has passed and the sun is coming out more; He decides to attack. Idk

See if she is downstairs the lights were probably on maybe tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971