IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't he lock the door after he left?
I never leave my house with my family asleep without locking the door behind me.

is it my connection? or is anyone else having trouble staying connected to websleuths? I keep getting bumped to a UPMC add???

I think the perp may have hid in the house via closet or something and hoping that she just go upstairs for awhile.

But once 15 minutes has passed and the sun is coming out more; He decides to attack. Idk

if she was downstairs, wouldn't she have known he entered the house immediately ?

Kind of seems more likely she went back to bed, he comes in and at some point she comes downstairs. Maybe she hears him and investigates?

I do think if she indeed hears him come in and is upstairs, she might actually say "davey?" as that would be the most likely person to come into the house. An if he doesn't leave at that point, I would agree that it's not likely a burglary motive. I just don't see that based on the timeline though.

However, the timeline is consistent with him going about searching for valuables and amanda if awake, trying to stay undetected while thinking of what to do. In that context, struggle might not happen until 6:45 when she is detected.

That makes sense if we think about the supposed 30 minutes that was used in first house to gather valuables to quickly load into the suv based on the scout's pinpointing of valuables and possibly moving them into a proper loading location.

If there was valuables put in a given location, like close to the door, that would certainly fit the burglary narrative.

Of course after a struggle, burglary is moot and the guy is jetting. But would be good to know if the house looked as if things were moved at all.

The suv returning when called, likely has 2-3 guys to help load. So maybe they don't even move anything until that point. I'm not sure about that. But based on the 1 minute turn around time at the house 2 doors down, i'd think he might have got things close to the door ?

anyone know ?

if she was downstairs, wouldn't she have known he entered the house immediately ?

Kind of seems more likely she went back to bed, he comes in and at some point she comes downstairs. Maybe she hears him and investigates?

I do think if she indeed hears him come in and is upstairs, she might actually say "davey?" as that would be the most likely person to come into the house. An if he doesn't leave at that point, I would agree that it's not likely a burglary motive. I just don't see that based on the timeline though.

However, the timeline is consistent with him going about searching for valuables and amanda if awake, trying to stay undetected while thinking of what to do. In that context, struggle might not happen until 6:45 when she is detected.

That makes sense if we think about the supposed 30 minutes that was used in first house to gather valuables to quickly load into the suv based on the scout's pinpointing of valuables and possibly moving them into a proper loading location.

If there was valuables put in a given location, like close to the door, that would certainly fit the burglary narrative.

Of course after a struggle, burglary is moot and the guy is jetting. But would be good to know if the house looked as if things were moved at all.

The suv returning when called, likely has 2-3 guys to help load. So maybe they don't even move anything until that point. I'm not sure about that. But based on the 1 minute turn around time at the house 2 doors down, i'd think he might have got things close to the door ?

anyone know ?

All I remember was there was a struggle.

Well if you have a 2 story home with a toddler. Then 9 times out of 10; You have toddler toys downstairs and in view or even scattered. So the perp definitely knew that a child was in that house.

Now the home doesn't seem humongous. So I think the upstairs just may consists of a landing with one or 2 rooms right at the top. Which tells me that he would probably hear her movement up and down the stairs.

Now who doesn't check the upstairs for goods. So this had to be premeditated in order to see if anything of value was upstairs. Especially since the perp decided not to run out the house when they knew a toddler was there via toys all around at 6am or so. Jmo

JMO I don't think they would own a gun!

I know more Christians than non Christians who own guns. Christians are quite often Republicans.....and Republicans are quite often staunch defenders of the 2nd ammendment. ...and also hunters. At least in my circles.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know more Christians than non Christians who own guns. Christians are quite often Republicans.....and Republicans are quite often staunch defenders of the 2nd ammendment. ...and also hunters. At least in my circles.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LOL Yes I'm finding that out!
And have changed my mind about them having a gun!

Well if you have a 2 story home with a toddler. Then 9 times out of 10; You have toddler toys downstairs and in view or even scattered. So the perp definitely knew that a child was in that house.

Now the home doesn't seem humongous. So I think the upstairs just may consists of a landing with one or 2 rooms right at the top. Which tells me that he would probably hear her movement up and down the stairs.

Now who doesn't check the upstairs for goods. So this had to be premeditated in order to see if anything of value was upstairs. Especially since the perp decided not to run out the house when they knew a toddler was there via toys all around at 6am or so. Jmo

But, didn't they have a dog? A dog would be aware of an intruder in the home.

I do get your points, but I kind of question if a burglar is against robbing a house that has a toddler that lives there, but isn't present. Knowing they are home and even entering the home means it was not a burglary in my mind.

So to follow the burglary theory (meaning he believe house is empty) , I think it's plausible he comes in and begins looking around for valuables - starting on the ground floor.

Does he hear her ? I really don't know. If she hears him come in and is trying to stay quiet.... hard to say. I do think eventually he heads upstairs, which is where I think the confrontation/struggle begins. imo maybe at top of a stairs if that is where the bedroom is.

How long does it take for him to go through his search of ground floor ? or does he check all rooms first ? I cant' really say I know his methods.

But if davey leaves at 6:11, what time does this perp actually enter the house ? I'm going to say at minimum it's 6:20 before he is in the house and starting to check the place out. Knowing what time the eye witness saw this guy on front stoop could get us a far better estimate. But say it's 6:20. That means 20 minutes on the ground floor ? 15 ? I really don't know, but based on the last house taking 30 minutes, 15 seems realistic if you have 2 levels ? (assuming similar houses)

So 6:35 -ish is when he heads upstairs. Depending on the location of the bedroom she is in, maybe 6:45 makes alot of sense as to when the struggle begins.

For example say there is 2nd room with the toddler and it is further from the top of the stairs than the master bedroom. I think if amanda hears this guy come in, and she goes to toddler's room - that might buy her another 5-10 minutes ? Also, that means that he gets into the master bedroom and sees no one, right ? Which to him is more evidence no one is home. If the parents aren't there, neither is the toddler.

So I have to say that it's rather plausible that this was a robbery based on the timeline. Open to hearing anything that would break this timeline logically if that was her actions.

I have to say that if I were a burglar I'd likely first ensure that the house was empty first.

Also, knowing what amanda's schedule is like makes all the difference to this, because they didn't see her leave, and if they did in fact case the place in advance, they'd know she lived there and notice that ONLY davey came out.

That's a tough one to overlook if this was a cased house and experienced burglars. Inexperienced and all bets are off about behavior along those lines.

Dogs can be weird. I have a very large black lab that only barks at my teen when he comes in the front door, no one else gets a reaction. When a new house sitter came in through the back door recently, she said our dog looked up from where he was sleeping, and then put his head back down. But, if a squirrel comes near a window, all heck breaks loose.

Dogs can be weird. I have a very large black lab that only barks at my teen when he comes in the front door, no one else gets a reaction. When a new house sitter came in through the back door recently, she said our dog looked up from where he was sleeping, and then put his head back down. But, if a squirrel comes near a window, all heck breaks loose.

Yeah, I have a very friendly lab, and if a burglar broke in, he probably (if he could talk) say, you want it.. it's yours. But, I think.... He would be excited and alert to
someone hiding in the house. (Someone else to play with)

Yeah, I have a very friendly lab, and if a burglar broke in, he probably (if he could talk) say, you want it.. it's yours. But, I think.... He would be excited and alert to
someone hiding in the house. (Someone else to play with)

Dogs don't have to attack all they have to do is bark! My dogs are off the bed and at the door as soon as they hear the cars in the drive.

The dog probably hinted someone was there by trying to get into a closet. She may have figured that the dog was on to something and then boom.

Or she could have just put him in the back yard. Idk.

Not that this really matters or means anything, but the zillow description for the house has
"LR,DR,MASTER BEDROOM HAVE VAULTED CEILINGS AND NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS. NEW CARPETING IN UPSTAIRS BEDROOMS."
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2812-Sunnyfield-Ct-Indianapolis-IN-46228/1278225_zpid/

which means the master is downstairs, and there are 2 bedrooms upstairs (listed as 3 bdrm).

Also, some of the other houses on the same street have sliding glass doors - I guess it is a possibility this one did too.

so true. That question is something I think we all have been asking since day one. It does seem to point to him knowing they were home.

However... I do know people who put their dog in a kennel cage when they go to bed or leave the home. So, is that the case here ? we really don't know.

But if so, that would explain why he thought no one was home as well ? A dog in a cage, residents must be gone.

I don't deny I am not very confident in several aspects of what I am theorizing. But still see them as plausible.

was the breed of the dog mentioned ? I just read they had one on a news report.

The dog probably hinted someone was there by trying to get into a closet. She may have figured that the dog was on to something and then boom.

Or she could have just put him in the back yard. Idk.

You keep mentioning a closet. Is this just a guess or has LE mentioned hiding in a closet ?

so true. That question is something I think we all have been asking since day one. It does seem to point to him knowing they were home.

However... I do know people who put their dog in a kennel cage when they go to bed or leave the home. So, is that the case here ? we really don't know.

But if so, that would explain why he thought no one was home as well ? A dog in a cage, residents must be gone.

I don't deny I am not very confident in several aspects of what I am theorizing. But still see them as plausible.

was the breed of the dog mentioned ? I just read they had one on a news report.

Even if in a crate, he/she would still bark. Right?

Not that this really matters or means anything, but the zillow description for the house has
"LR,DR,MASTER BEDROOM HAVE VAULTED CEILINGS AND NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS. NEW CARPETING IN UPSTAIRS BEDROOMS."
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2812-Sunnyfield-Ct-Indianapolis-IN-46228/1278225_zpid/

which means the master is downstairs, and there are 2 bedrooms upstairs (listed as 3 bdrm).

Also, some of the other houses on the same street have sliding glass doors - I guess it is a possibility this one did too.

nice find, i didn't even think about looking for real estate info for a floorplan or details like that.

so, now it's possible that baby is upstairs and she is sleeping in downstairs bedroom maybe ?

Yeah, if that's the case, unless the burglar doesn't thoroughly check that room - in the case that she is hiding - I'd have to believe he finds her 6:25-ish , which doesn't jive with gunshots.

yeah, something to think about - thanks for that.

Authorities confirmed to FOX59 Thursday a credit card taken from Blackburn's home had been used at various locations in the city. Police said the transactions began the night Blackburn was shot.

http://fox59.com/2015/11/19/police-...-in-connection-with-amanda-blackburns-murder/

Police say someone used one of Blackburn's bank cards at a gas station. Surveillance video from an ATM also captured someone attempting to use Amanda's card.

http://abc13.com/news/police-pregna...a-was-raped-by-her-killer-or-killers/1092653/

Amanda, [Neighbor, Reginald] Townsel said, was always smiling. She was often seen working in the yard or in the garage, where Townsel said, she spent hours refinishing old furniture.

Becky Vandenburgh, another neighbor, left work early Wednesday after she found out about the shooting.
[Neighbor, Becky Vandenburgh said:] "They were always out walking with their baby, she said. Amanda liked to bring cookies to the neighbors."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ured-morning-shooting-northwestside/75254320/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonecold