IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if in a crate, he/she would still bark. Right?

yeah, I don't know. Maybe. Don't know the dog. But we don't have anyone reporting they heard a dog barking at all, right ?

But if it's in a cage , that means to a burglar "they are not home".

still pondering downstairs bedroom implications. What time that perp is seen on front stoop is soooooo important.

Someone asked upthread it the baby has his own room. Yes, Amanda posted pictures of his nursery on her furniture FB page. Based on a glimpse of the ceiling and window view into trees, it is probably upstairs. Whether he was actually in the nursery or with her we don't know. She might have gotten up with Davey, changed Weston's diaper and brought him back to bed with her. I don't remember if news reports have said where the baby was.

Someone asked upthread it the baby has his own room. Yes, Amanda posted pictures of his nursery on her furniture FB page. Based on a glimpse of the ceiling and window view into trees, it is probably upstairs. Whether he was actually in the nursery or with her we don't know. She might have gotten up with Davey, changed Weston's diaper and brought him back to bed with her. I don't remember if news reports have said where the baby was.

I also think they used a baby monitor (twitter pic).

Regarding location of the baby:
Approx. 1:20 in the video

Captain Craig Converse

I will tell you that there was a burglary two houses west of where Amanda was killed. We believe it's connected.

And her husband, he left home at 6:11. We believe the people committing this burglary saw this as a home that they could get in, take some things. Well, it so happened Amanda was home, 12 weeks pregnant. She had her little baby in the crib upstairs...and she was murdered.

Idk means i don't know.

of course none of us know. But the theory I was kind of running down was a burglary and if that seemed plausible.

If you say "he was in a closet" that negates the whole process of what you are trying to find, plausible actions that fit your theory.

haha.

Feel free to start a theory that begins with him in a closet!

Not at all saying i don't appreciate the thoughts of what might happen in that case, but if he was in a closet I have no question as to whether it was a real burglary or not. Every thing that i theorized is moot! :)

I have seen news reports attributed from police that said the baby was upstairs in crib sleeping. makes sense in a 3BR house that they'd have a nursery.

Nov 13, 2015

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department captain Craig Converse:
The pastor's wife, 28-year-old Amanda Blackburn, was shot inside the family's home. Her 15-month-old son son was in his crib upstairs, Converse said.

[Indianapolis Police Chief Richard] Hite, who said there was no forced entry in the Blackburn home.

If you watch the video in this news report, you will see the Blackburn's big dog. This breed has a propensity to bark and not stop until their master orders the command. Their dog has a dog bed inside the home.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/1...8-dies-after-being-shot-during-home-invasion/

IMPD Captain Craig Converse:

Converse said when police first entered the Blackburn house, her dog came out and greeted them.

"He gave us all a bunch of licks," he said. "It was a nice little break -- just playing with the dog."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-have-photo-of-amanda-blackburns-killer

of course none of us know. But the theory I was kind of running down was a burglary and if that seemed plausible.

If you say "he was in a closet" that negates the whole process of what you are trying to find, plausible actions that fit your theory.

haha.

Feel free to start a theory that begins with him in a closet!

Not at all saying i don't appreciate the thoughts of what might happen in that case, but if he was in a closet I have no question as to whether it was a real burglary or not. Every thing that i theorized is moot! :)

Lol. Idk.

I have no real theories of how it played out. I never even seen the layout of their home.

And If I was on the jury; I wouldn't care too much about the logistics as long as I know that we have the right person.

Which at this point is still unknown. Jmo.

In regards to the dog:
During the intro to the press conference, Craig Converse with IMPD showed a picture of the dog and mentioned how much of a comfort the dog was to him and his men - she came out of the bedroom and gave them a bunch of licks and they took turns playing with her.
It can be viewed here:
http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000406/impd-discusses-blackburn-case

attachment.php
So this means that a stranger might be greeted by the dog ? (as with these police?)

Also might have been how amanda knew someone was in the house by hearing the dog licking/playing with someone :)

I guess you have to believe that perp seeing a dog there that was nice, and maybe no lights on, might still communicate no one was home and the dog wasn't causing any more risk.

plausible still.

But I still can't get around that if they cased this place, as burglars tend to do, they'd know amanda lived there and had not left. Either inexperienced burglars taking a risk, or well aware she was home. (and on his way to a closet) ;)

Nov 13, 2015

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department captain Craig Converse:
The pastor's wife, 28-year-old Amanda Blackburn, was shot inside the family's home. Her 15-month-old son son was in his crib upstairs, Converse said.

[Indianapolis Police Chief Richard] Hite, who said there was no forced entry in the Blackburn home.

If you watch the video in this news report, you will see the Blackburn's big dog. This breed has a propensity to bark and not stop until their master orders the command. Their dog has a dog bed inside the home.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/1...8-dies-after-being-shot-during-home-invasion/

IMPD Captain Craig Converse:

Converse said when police first entered the Blackburn house, her dog came out and greeted them.

"He gave us all a bunch of licks," he said. "It was a nice little break -- just playing with the dog."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-have-photo-of-amanda-blackburns-killer

Dogs may not bark or attack but they will follow. Whether it's for you to pet them. Or to see if you may feed them. Or just to scent things out. Idk

Lol. Idk.

I have no real theories of how it played out. I never even seen the layout of their home.

And If I was on the jury; I wouldn't care too much about the logistics as long as I know that we have the right person.

Which at this point is still unknown. Jmo.

With that perspective, you are likely safe from ever being selected to sit on a jury! :)

But yeah murder being unknown is kind of obvious right now. jaf

I do care about logistics,and if the burglar/murderer is never caught, his actions and logistical decisions might play a part in a bigger picture. Hope that jury would care about logistics and how they relate to motives/actions.

we'll see how it goes, but I will remember you called out closet as a starting point for the perp. :)

So this means that a stranger might be greeted by the dog ? (as with these police?)

Also might have been how amanda knew someone was in the house by hearing the dog licking/playing with someone :)

I guess you have to believe that perp seeing a dog there that was nice, and maybe no lights on, might still communicate no one was home and the dog wasn't causing any more risk.

plausible still.

But I still can't get around that if they cased this place, as burglars tend to do, they'd know amanda lived there and had not left. Either inexperienced burglars taking a risk, or well aware she was home. (and on his way to a closet) ;)

The perps across town, whether the same group of perps or not, robbed the home while the woman (and her daughters) were upstairs sleeping. Whether they knew or not, it doesn't matter, it goes to show that robbers don't always care if the house is empty.

http://fox59.com/2015/11/11/surveillance-photos-show-burglars-breaking-into-northeast-side-home-2/

While Searsbrook and her daughters slept, a nightmare was unfolding in the family room.

“We didn’t hear anything. I just really think it could have been different if my kids or me had woken up,”said Searsbrook.

The perps across town, whether the same group of perps or not, robbed the home while the woman (and I believe her daughters) were upstairs sleeping. Whether they knew or not, it doesn't matter, it goes to show that robbers don't always care if the house is empty.
With that one, was it earlier morning ? i'm guessing since they were sleeping.

I do think 3am and 6:30 am are two very different situations as for the former, there is extremely high probability that someone is home. But if these perps chose a house that was known to be empty and then the blackburns which they saw someone leaving for work -- one car in driveway ? They sound like their game is a bit different.

In that other robbery, if there had been a dog, I can imagine their plan would be at greater risk KNOWING they were in a house with sleeping people who could be woken by a bark.

but that is another question. They had one car ? I have seen images with multiple cars in the driveway, but on the day of the murder, I was assuming only 1.

With that perspective, you are likely safe from ever being selected to sit on a jury! :)

But yeah murder being unknown is kind of obvious right now. jaf

I do care about logistics,and if the burglar/murderer is never caught, his actions and logistical decisions might play a part in a bigger picture. Hope that jury would care about logistics and how they relate to motives/actions.

we'll see how it goes, but I will remember you called out closet as a starting point for the perp. :)

Lol. I just wish he locked himself in the bathroom with Oscar Pistorius on the other side. Lol

But seriously. There is significant amount of time he was in the house. So unless a rape occurred. It would be impossible to truly know what was happening in there until the police help feel in the blanks.

And logistics is important once more is known of the what and where. But it's only guessing at this point since we don't really know too much.

I still don't know if the suv was reported stolen before or after the fact. Which leaves me still speculating that the owner loaned the car out or knows who had access to the car and didn't report stolen until after.

But since LE isn't talking then its only so far i could speculate on that theory. So idk.

My dog has been barking his head off for the last hour because of a game my daughter is playing with him. Not one neighbor has checked on us......

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dogs may not bark or attack but they will follow. Whether it's for you to pet them. Or to see if you may feed them. Or just to scent things out. Idk

I don't think it's possible to figure out what her dog did but how he (?) greeted the officers is a big clue. Jmo.

"They are monitoring the Blackburn’s financial records.

Their lives and what was happening in the neighborhood at the time are under the microscope right now until an arrest is made."

Sounds like the investigation may be coming back around to where it began..

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/11/18/impd...y-at-all-evidence-and-tips-in-blackburn-case/

Plus the comment about leaving no stone unturned and looking in the woods..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member